KMC Civil War (or issue rather).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grinning Goku

guy222

Morridini
I will always be Pro-scan until they start thinking more of the European market, closest comic book shop is 135 miles from me (and I live in the 6th biggest city of Norway) and all they do is import stuff from the US of their own initiative making one comic cost like 6$.

However if DC/Marvel would consider starting to sell stuff directly to us then I might start buying more comics.

grey fox
Pro Scan , Europe (Even Britain) is fairly isolated comic book wise. Hell i'll even take the Cap role in this little idea of ours.

MAGIKS ASSEMBLE !

*Raises Avatar Shield*

DigiMark007
Pro scan as in "Showing specific panels/feats/events/etc. to share info about a character" (think of respect threads)? Then yeah, I'm for.

Or pro scan as in "illegal, breaking the law, and making cliched and groundless excuses to pirate material off the internet"? If so, I'm whole-heartedly against.

Combat
Live in britain. My closest real comic shop is in another city. The capital of the country actually. In mine we have ONE comic stall that appears Saturday and onyl Saturday, the dude is tight and is an ass.

F**k him and the industry, they wanna make the comics so expensive then expect me to get 100s for free.

I am very touchy on the matter.

DigiMark007
Anyone can find pretty much any comic via the internet, some for very cheap, and the fact that you're on KMC means you have internet access. No reason to get touchy...it's just a matter of putting a little effort into it rather than prematurely screwing the system.

Combat
I just hate that they are rich and give jack back.

Nice to meet you BTW.

(I introduce myself politely to everyone I speak to lol)

DigiMark007
Same to you. smile

But the comics industry was sh*t out of luck less than a decade ago. It's not like they're all millionaires.

Besides, every industry has rich bastards....at least you enjoy reading comics, and the writers are (supposedly) doing a service for their reader fnabase...so it's a lesser evil than, say, wheat bread tycoons.

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by Combat
Live in britain. My closest real comic shop is in another city. The capital of the country actually. In mine we have ONE comic stall that appears Saturday and onyl Saturday, the dude is tight and is an ass.

F**k him and the industry, they wanna make the comics so expensive then expect me to get 100s for free.

I am very touchy on the matter.

And then God said 'Let there be Subscriptions' and all the English southern Fairies where satisfied. smile

Mate try Orbital comics in London, they will post comics to you. I live on the island of Jersey a lot of the time, and this is the only way i get comics. smile

H. S. 6
Funny how people try to defend themselves instead of simply admitting, "Yeah, I steal other people's hard work. I rip off money they should be receiving, all while they provide me with a form of entertainment I enjoy. Yeah, I'm a jackass."

willRules

"V"
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Funny how people try to defend themselves instead of simply admitting, "Yeah, I steal other people's hard work. I rip off money they should be receiving, all while they provide me with a form of entertainment I enjoy. Yeah, I'm a jackass."

I have absolutely no problem in admitting that.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by "V"
I have absolutely no problem in admitting that.

First step. thumb up

NiņoAraņa
neutral....i buy comics, and only use internet comics to scope what i'm going to buy next

jasonk3
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Pro scan as in "Showing specific panels/feats/events/etc. to share info about a character" (think of respect threads)? Then yeah, I'm for.

Or pro scan as in "illegal, breaking the law, and making cliched and groundless excuses to pirate material off the internet"? If so, I'm whole-heartedly against.

shock You are starting to sound a lot like Iron man digi....a lot like Iron Man.........................

Morridini
Originally posted by H. S. 6

If they wanted my money then they could bother to sell them in my country. as it is now I only import Spidey comics and random TPBs now and then (Batman and main events) but the other tie-ins to events I download, like the Wolverine, FF, New Avenger parts in Civil War and such.

inamilist

DarkCrawler
I regulary buy at least 3 different comic titles plus at least 2 one-shots per month...but they are easily over two years late. I see no harm in reading downloaded comics to keep up with the storylines, and I sure as hell don't have money to regulary order titles from overseas and pay the shipping costs for anything else then tradepaperbacks.

Morridini
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I regulary buy at least 3 different comic titles plus at least 2 one-shots per month...but they are easily over two years late. I see no harm in reading downloaded comics to keep up with the storylines, and I sure as hell don't have money to regulary order titles from overseas and pay the shipping costs for anything else then tradepaperbacks.

What I meant to say but didn't bother to formulate my previous post that good.

Combat
OK If you want someone to say it.

I download for free because I don't WANT to pay for comics. Why pay when you get for free.

The industry can help itself.

So yeah I am a jackass. But its true what I said earlier.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by willRules
I can just see how this will turn out. Scoobless will be asked by the powers that be of KMC to lead the pro-scan group. He will refuse and become the leader of the anti-scan underground movement. Instead Digimark will become the leader of the pro-scan forces.

After much violence and blood shed with fellow poster vs poster ( and halfway through the banning of a minor poster, me stick out tongue) like an out of control comic book vs forum and the dust finally settles, Digi's pro-scan movement forces will emerge victorious. Scoob will have had the best one liners and and cool moments in the event because he is my parody of Cap, however when the war is lost, he will be banned in the #25 issue of his own series on some courthouse steps. This act will receive great media attention from forums world wide and KMC will mourn the loss of a forum legend.

Farewell Captain Americ....umm I mean Scoobless.........cry

crylaugh I'm with Will. That sounds pretty much like what will happen. stick out tongue I'm so in. I'm basically with Combat in that I'm a cheap bastard who refuses to pay for overpriced comics. This sounds like alot of fun and I'm damn up for it. DIBS ON DEADPOOL! big grin

pr1983
i think this argument is just like the ones concerning movies and music... prices increase, yet the product doesn't get any better, even though it should easily be able to... the companies expect us to pay good money for substandard products...

there are plenty of shit comics out there that are bought simply because that character has a huge fanbase... given the opportunity to download i wouldnt buy the likes of uncanny x-men, or the flash, because, well, they're crap...

i have no problem paying good money for something that is worthwhile, like the latest Action Comics or Astonishing X-Men, and its the same when it comes to movies and music imo...

hell, i've even gone and bought back issues just because i'd read the scans and thought they were great (for example flash: rogue war).

oh, and i'm pro scan... why should i miss out on the characters i love just because the writer is a hack... yes chris claremont, i'm looking at you...

Grinning Goku
Dibs on Luke Cage or the Human Torch.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by jasonk3
shock You are starting to sound a lot like Iron man digi....a lot like Iron Man.........................

I'm anti-reg like a mother...so not really.

But how exactly is stealing comics like Cap's fight for individual freedom?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jasonk3
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm anti-reg like a mother...so not really.

But how exactly is stealing comics like Cap's fight for individual freedom?

roll eyes (sarcastic)
ermm Only Iron man would ask those types of questions stick out tongue ...Lol, relax... I was kidding.

Martian_mind
I would kill anyone to obtain all of Jonns old series.

but I would never download from the net,Thats just wrong.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
crylaugh I'm with Will. That sounds pretty much like what will happen. stick out tongue I'm so in. I'm basically with Combat in that I'm a cheap bastard who refuses to pay for overpriced comics. This sounds like alot of fun and I'm damn up for it. DIBS ON DEADPOOL! big grin

Then I'm Cable!!!!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Then I'm Cable!!!! Should I make a Cable-DP, MM-Trickster gay joke now, or is it too early since coming back from my absence??

Oh, and, I'm going to go the road of the cop-out and say neutral. Personally, I admit to reading issues off of the internet. Yes, I'm a greedy bastard with not enough will power to NOT read issues off of KMC. My will power runs off of reason, and I don't see enough reason to hold myself back until I can legally get my hands on a copy. Yes, it could hurt the industry, but I have two replies to that. Firstly, go back to the "greedy bastard" comment. Secondly, 90% of the time, I will buy the issue later. Unless it was a crap issue, I'm bound to own it in the future. Then again, I probably WILL own the crummy issues two, because I'll buy it as a book rather then individual issues. This means I won't own the issues as soon as I would otherwise, but it's all the same on the long run. So I'm fairly neutral. That being said, I AM a greedy bastard, so I will lean towards the Anti-Reg side(or its KMC counterpart). I guess I'll be Namor, and sic my league of smurf-fanboys on the PR. I would be Black Panther, but I don't have the black skin skills.

Disappear
i'd volunteer to be the thing, but it appears that buying comics outside the country is a bigger pain in the ass than stealing them inside.

i spend a good hunk of my money on comics because it's something i enjoy. but when money's tight, i've got no qualms with digging around the internet trying to keep up with the current events. i usually get to buying the issues i read online anyway, and i'd say the number of comics i've read online is a tiny fraction when compared to the number of comics i actually own.

HigH ScholaR
Live in Britain

i have to travel to another borough for the nearest comic shop 1 hour and 20 mins travel.

i don't see this as any different the someone going to the book store and reading a book (comic) at the store but not buying it, i've done that and i know other poeple have.

even though i see scans on the internet i try to avoid them because i know i will buy the actual book anyway take for instance ahnialation (sp) i read like 70% here but i know i still going to buy it.

scans are good to use for debates and respect threads, sure the are scans that i read here say xmen that i've read but i know i will never buy it regardless if i read it or not.

but the first point i made really explains it all

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Morridini
If they wanted my money then they could bother to sell them in my country. as it is now I only import Spidey comics and random TPBs now and then (Batman and main events) but the other tie-ins to events I download, like the Wolverine, FF, New Avenger parts in Civil War and such.
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
And then God said 'Let there be Subscriptions' and all the English southern Fairies where satisfied. smile

Mate try Orbital comics in London, they will post comics to you. I live on the island of Jersey a lot of the time, and this is the only way i get comics. smile

Not an excuse to steal other people's work.

Morridini
Sure it is, a great and valid excuse.

Grimm22
I'm neutral

I buy comics, but I also appreciate scans a lot of the time

However, if Marvel threatened to shut down KMC because of the scans I probably would stop using them

I won't fight the industry, but I also don't agree with them, thus I am neutral

Redatom65
I'm pro scan, most users seem to lean towards a user that posts alot of scans that most peope won't bother looking at stick out tongue

Grimm22
Of course one of the anti-scans is going to have to die (banned) when "BRH" returns, but in reality its actually WRH (Wolverray Howard)!

inamilist
Originally posted by Morridini
Sure it is, a great and valid excuse.

no, it is really a terrible excuse

Marvel owes you nothing. The fact that there is not enough demand in your area to warrant a comic distribution outlet does not make it ethical for you to take their work without permission.

In fact your logic is counter productive: "There is no distribution in my area so I will download comics thereby reducing the demand for comic distribution in my area, making it less likely that Marvel will ever sell comics here thereby increasing my stealing of their material".

It also falls under the logical fallacy of "special cases". You are applying special moral or ethical conditions around theft for people living in different conditions of comic supply, though there is no real justification for this distinction.

Soljer
I approve of scans in cases of respect threads and for previewing an arc.

I do not approve of downloading EVERY issue of an arc. If you're gonna read and enjoy all of the material, pay for it.

Meh.

Also; I agree with downloading scans in the case of really expensive issues. I mean, if you want to read one of those $400 issues of the X-Men...stick out tongue.

Morridini
My choices aren't really between choosing to buy or choosing to download. They are between download or not get to read any at all.

Grimm22
How about a compromise?

Only scans of crossovers, books written by Bendis and Black Panther (just so none of us have to buy it to point out more racism in it)

TricksterPriest
Why would we want to read shit like that? I'd rather have the scans of Cable&Deadpool or something that's actually good rather than scans of shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.