The Hulk Throws Captain America's Shield...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
...at Superman's head. Clark can not dodge.

1) Hulk is at War Hulk strength-level
2) Asteroid-punching strength-level

How does Supes fare?

Mindship
I'm asking myself this: can Hulk throw the shield harder than Thor can hurl Mjolner?

Let this be a guide to an answer.

[BAW]Endrict
if he gets mad enough yes.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindship
I'm asking myself this: can Hulk throw the shield harder than Thor can hurl Mjolner?

With physical strength yes. But I think Mjolnir has magic that makes it hit harder.

Galan007
Originally posted by Nikkolas
...at Superman's head. Clark can not dodge.

1) Hulk is at War Hulk strength-level
2) Asteroid-punching strength-level

How does Supes fare?
1.) It knocks Superman down.

2.) It knocks Superman down.

no expression

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Mindship

That's really not a very good comparison.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Galan007

no expression

Precisely.

Nikkolas
Would you say Hulk can throw the Shield harder than Cap? 'cause Cap, with a Shield Throw, stopped a Hammer Throw from Thor.

..so yeah.

He's KTFO'ed at the very least and dead at the most, I'd say. Especially in 1... War Hulk stopped Juggernaut. Something current Supes could NEVER have a prayer at doing.

Ptr_Grifin
The thing is that Speed is very important in what the shield will do to Superman.

Hulk would cause more damage if he held on to it and hit Superman.

Juntai

no expression

Nikkolas
KTFO'ed. Hulk is stronger than him in both instances and backed with a Shield that is stronger than Supes...Clark is out.

Symmetric Chaos
Current Supes couldn't stop Juggernaut and I'm doubting he coul dreplicate the asteroid punch Hulk did.

I love when people know nothing about what they talk about...

Nikkolas
Actually, i do.

Current Supes could NOT stop Classic Juggernaut. No. Way. In. Hell.

Maybe in your world...but not in reality. No feats even come close to showing Supes could do that.

Symmetric Chaos
Actually, i do.

Maybe in your world...but not in reality. No feats even come close to showing Supes could do that.

I was thinking of the "asteroid punch" which wasn't even a punch.

jrodslam
My question is........How far apart are Supes and Hulk at the time of throw?

Nikkolas
10 feet.

jrodslam
10 feet.

I say that because the shield wont have enough time to get a proper momentum. 10 feet is nothing to the Hulk. When his arm is stretched out from the throw, the shield would only have about a 3 feet travel distance?

I kinda agree with what Ptr_Grifin said at this point. Hulk hitting him would most likely do more damage.

Juntai
Actually, i do.

Maybe in your world...but not in reality. No feats even come close to showing Supes could do that. Of course not, he hasn't actually fought Juggernaut. How would he have the feat for such an instance?

However, he does have strength.

You say Supes isn't as strong as that Hulk, what did that Hulk do --outside of stopping Cain-- that puts him remotely close to the current depictions of Superman, who's blows can crush moons in single shots, even when not going all out?

Nikkolas
...I give up on this forum.

Stopping Juggernaut is not a feat anymore...give other feats.

A Shield stronger than adamantium thrown by The Hulk will simply knock Superman down....

Is there any intelligence left on this site?

NiņoAraņa

A Shield stronger than adamantium thrown by The Hulk will simply knock Superman down....

Is there any intelligence left on this site? yes, and it may be the reason you are getting the answer that you are getting. no expression

grey fox

Is there any intelligence left on this site?

Of course it isn't. Juggernaut is a damn joke now. He's a brick with some extra skills and thats it. Supes put's him down like he put's down ANY Marvel brick.

Jyppe
Originally posted by grey fox
Of course it isn't. Juggernaut is a damn joke now. He's a brick with some extra skills and thats it. Supes put's him down like he put's down ANY Marvel brick.

Exactly, War Hulk didn't stop Classic Juggernaut. He stopped weakened Juggernaut. At least that what the last X-men before the Hulk issue implied. Juggernaut was being depowered before the issue.

Magee
I love how caps sheild thrown 10 feet by the Hulk would decapitate Superman but also according to nikkolas Superman would do little more than make SS tickle with a full force punch. Funny guy.

Accel
Originally posted by Jyppe
Exactly, War Hulk didn't stop Classic Juggernaut. He stopped weakened Juggernaut. At least that what the last X-men before the Hulk issue implied. Juggernaut was being depowered before the issue.
Juggernaut wasn't weakened. Before his fight with War he defeated friggin Cyttorak. He was still at classic levels.

Supreme being

Mindship
Originally posted by Dinalfos
That's really not a very good comparison. Because of the magic factor? I was just trying to establish a frame of reference.

...Whoa... I'd love to see a scan of that, or at least know what the circumstances were.

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by Juntai

You say Supes isn't as strong as that Hulk, what did that Hulk do --outside of stopping Cain-- that puts him remotely close to the current depictions of Superman, who's blows can crush moons in single shots, even when not going all out?

According to Allstar he'd have trouble lifting the moon even when Sundipped. smile

Jyppe
Originally posted by Accel
Juggernaut wasn't weakened. Before his fight with War he defeated friggin Cyttorak. He was still at classic levels.

Nope, AFAIK. (If these Finnish comics are correct) Juggernaut was depowered since the Onslaught. Hell, even Gambit was able to KO him with his cards in the most recent issue before the Hulk issue..

shksprtx
I'll concur that Hulk would more likely than not only be able to knock supes down...and supes would then get up and proceed to beat him severely...

The Pict
Just a thought but maybe the shield would break? It's indestructible in Marvel terms but I dunno about DC. I remember a thread discussing whether Superman could destroy adamantium (or something along those lines) so this could maybe happen.

Just putting that out there.

shksprtx
Originally posted by The Pict
Just a thought but maybe the shield would break? It's indestructible in Marvel terms but I dunno about DC. I remember a thread discussing whether Superman could destroy adamantium (or something along those lines) so this could maybe happen.

Just putting that out there.

Supes could probably break True Adamantium, but Cap's shield is made of an adamantium/vibranium alloy and is thus much, much stronger...or at least supposed to be...

Accel
Nope, AFAIK. (If these Finnish comics are correct) Juggernaut was depowered since the Onslaught. Hell, even Gambit was able to KO him with his cards in the most recent issue before the Hulk issue..
His fight with Cyttorak was int he most recent issue before his fight with War. He was powered up enough by the gem of Cyttorak that he beat Cyttorak down.

The only other thing that happened to Juggernaut between that moment and his fight with War was his confrontation with D'Spayre.

Validus
Originally posted by Magee
I love how caps sheild thrown 10 feet by the Hulk would decapitate Superman but also according to nikkolas Superman would do little more than make SS tickle with a full force punch. Funny guy.
laughing out loud

Martian_mind
Hulks to retarded to even throw the sheild with the right techinique....

Jyppe
His fight with Cyttorak was int he most recent issue before his fight with War. He was powered up enough by the gem of Cyttorak that he beat Cyttorak down.

The only other thing that happened to Juggernaut between that moment and his fight with War was his confrontation with D'Spayre.

Are you entirely sure? No uncanny X-men issues came before the conformation with War? If so, I wonder WTF is up with finnish X-men issues and their release dates.

Accel
Are you entirely sure? No uncanny X-men issues came before the conformation with War? If so, I wonder WTF is up with finnish X-men issues and their release dates.
Nah, these were in X-Men Unlimited and the Juggernaut One-Shot, which both show Cain's most recent appearances before his fight with War.

All the stuff dealing with Onslaught did take place in Uncanny X-Men, but only before the stuff I mentioned.

Jyppe
I'm wondering WTF is up with the release order of the finnish X-mens then. Did the 8th day come out before the fight with War Hulk?

Accel
8th Day came out quite a while after the confrontation with War.

SlayDay
hulk cant throw, lol

Ptr_Grifin

Actually he wasn't powered up by the gem. Before he defeated Cyttoraks monolith/puppet he was severely weakened. But the monks were able to infuse Cain with the energy used to bind Cyttorak within the ruby.

Bouboumaster
Sups is KO on both scenarios

UniOmni
Originally posted by Juntai
Of course not, he hasn't actually fought Juggernaut. How would he have the feat for such an instance?

However, he does have strength.

When did Superman show he can crush a moon in a single shot?

Though, to say that Warhulk might be stronger than current Superman isn't a bad thing, though there's no true way to validate that claim.

Warhulk was being powered by two different dimensions, iirc. No shame in that trumping a guy who's powered by a single sun.

Look at what Juggernaut has walked through, and then consider that Warhulk did stop him, and even reversed his tread.

That's a hella nice feat, anyway you cut it.

And to be honest, the hulk busting that asteroid is similar to Superman splitting a moon in a dive.

Thats more durability than strength, and in the superman feat, its a durability and speed feat, considering how fast he made it to that moon.

And Superman is hurt, but rearing to go.

And i'd doubt Hulk could decapitate Superman with such ease.

He'd need alot of space to allow the shield to reach max speeds.

Superman, hurt but still coherent enough to take the majority.

xmeat
Originally posted by grey fox
Of course it isn't. Juggernaut is a damn joke now. He's a brick with some extra skills and thats it. Supes put's him down like he put's down ANY Marvel brick. oh please supes punches wont even hurt him so how would he put him down.

Soljer
I doubt it'd even knock Superman down. He can fly, after all.

It may knock him back a little bit, but he then proceeds to rip the Hulk's appendages off and beat the green shit with them.

xmeat
Originally posted by Soljer
I doubt it'd even knock Superman down. He can fly, after all.

It may knock him back a little bit, but he then proceeds to rip the Hulk's appendages off and beat the green shit with them. doubtful or he would do that to mongul and grundy.

Redatom65
Originally posted by xmeat
doubtful or he would do that to mongul and grundy.

1. ur logic fails

2. Superman holds back and still beats them almost every time

3. if he were to actually want to rip them to shreds he would.

Endless Mike
Superman uses his super breath to deflect it.

You never said he couldn't do that.

Soljer
Mongul & Grundy >> Hulk. no expression.

xmeat
Originally posted by Soljer
Mongul & Grundy >> Hulk. no expression. your joking right

Symmetric Chaos
your joking right

You are joking right?

bigbran
your foking right
Cosign.

xmeat
Originally posted by bigbran
Cosign. why does it say foking confused

Magee
Xmeat you must be taking the piss, you have been having us on all this time you sneaky bastard.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
Xmeat you must be taking the piss, you have been having us on all this time you sneaky bastard.

*tries to make a urine joke*

Not worth it . . .

xmeat
i just asked a ???

charlemagne9746
Supes wouldn't even be knocked back by the blow from Cap's shield. The shield would just crush against his chest much like an aluminum can would.

shksprtx
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Supes wouldn't even be knocked back by the blow from Cap's shield. The shield would just crush against his chest much like an aluminum can would.

Deflect? Possibly...

Crush? Nope...

Symmetric Chaos
The shield would just crush against his chest much like an aluminum can would.

What the f**k? Do you have any idea what that shield is made of?

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k? Do you have any idea what that shield is made of?

yeah, I know what it consists of...but if anyone could mangle it...it would probably be Superman.

xmeat
yeah, I know what it consists of...but if anyone could mangle it...it would probably be Superman. you've got to be on crack or meth which one?

charlemagne9746
lol...in all honesty...i know the shield wouldn't get mangled like that when hitting Supes....but it would be cool if it did....it would make a lot of guys shit in their tights..lol

shksprtx
yeah, I know what it consists of...but if anyone could mangle it...it would probably be Superman.

He might be able to, as might any of a number of other high-level strongmen/women from both DC and Marvel...but since that feat has never actually been recorded by anyone, we'll never know, will we?

Besides, the shield would likely not crush on mere impact with Superman's chest...it'd have to be some willful attempt to crush it...

miraclethree
decapitation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.