What were you in High School?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TPS
Of course, if you are currently in high school, then please present-tense this and tell us what you ARE.

Were you a jock? A science geek? A prep? A punk? A stoner? ... and etc.

I was a punk.

johnnyforever
Class clown jumpy

TRH
Originally posted by johnnyforever
Class clown jumpy liar

Soleran
Class clown jumpy

with Jock thrown in for good measure.

LifeInSepia
dunno srug skater, rocker, mosher...

Marko
Individual. Stereotypes are meaningless.

Eclipso
Drama guy, Sorta-weird Goth Kid, a tiny tiny bit jock, I get good grades so I guess nerdish abit.

Soleran
Originally posted by Marko

LOL

DeathReaper
mix between punk and stoner...and still am big grin

TRH
half class clown half punk

johnnyforever
Originally posted by TRH
liar oh

Originally posted by Soleran
with Jock thrown in for good measure. eekermm

Lana
How many of these threads do we really need?

TPS

Sensitive people....

TPS
Originally posted by Lana
How many of these threads do we really need?

Symmetric Chaos
I gave in to peer pressure and decided to do my own thing like everybody else.

Puzzle
Loner

TPS
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

laughing

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

lol

Eclipso
Originally posted by TPS

Don't you mean 42? shifty

ThePittman
A Spoon stick out tongue

Strangelove
I was a loner the first half of high school, and a drama geek the second half

Lana
Originally posted by ThePittman
A Spoon stick out tongue

There is no spoon, silly stick out tongue

Marko
Originally posted by TPS
Sensitive people.... I'm not sensitive jusst cos a disagree with the social boundries that we reinforce.

Lord Paradise
Originally posted by TPS
Of course, if you are currently in high school, then please present-tense this and tell us what you ARE.

I was a punk. I'm a geek!

Leo.M
Prep/Jock. flex

Scythe
Originally posted by TPS

I was a punk.

A guitar player?

Röland
Jock.

Lord Paradise
Originally posted by Lana
There is no spoon, silly stick out tongue At my school they don't want to supply spoons AND forks, so they have sporks. As a matter of fact, I have one in my mouth right now. Is it wrong that I didn't notice that? Wonder how long it's been there? Was it ever on the floor? So many questions...

Scythe
Ugh, sporks, I despised using them, but loved dropping them in hefty chunky-munkys ass cleavage.

BlackSunshine
I wasnt really any kind of "stereotype" I usually just jumped from group to group. I was pretty much friends with alot of people, not exactly what you would call popular. Main group I hung out with the most was, of course, the metalheads. big grin

harleywindu
I was a theatre nerd/geek, whatever you want to call it, but that was freshmen year. Now I'm just the bitchy girl who is always with her best friend. I don't know what that makes me.

Kram3r
Class Clown/Weirdo/Dork.

Ronny
I am nothing really... comfortable

and hot. I turn down guys left and right. droolio

Then I go use my left and right eek!

JaehSkywalker
A weirdo, everyone knows me, not exactly popular, no enemies... i dunno.

Lianslo
Umm...my car was voted biggest bomb, if that means anything. Otherwise, I was mostly artsy: choirs, theatre, dance

silver_tears
I was "popular." shrug

I was smart, so everybody wanted to be my friend. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I drank and partied a lot (like before 4th period lol) so I wasn't considered a geek for the smarts (though that wouldn't bother me).
I played sports, was in plays, did student council, and I volunteered for all kinds of charities and was president of a school government thing.
Haha what a waste of time all of that was.........except the drinking. ermm

BakaXero
the lost guy, Gangsta wannabe, clown, idiot, fool, the not so annoying one (I think my friend took the annoying catergory)

Piggle Humsy
Mostly Absent... no expression

Blaxican
That one big black guy that was a nerd but no one ever called him a nerd for fear of being beat down (Even though I've never hurt a fellow student in my life and the one time I did I cried) so they just do it behind my back.

TPS
I'm not sensitive jusst cos a disagree with the social Boundaries that we reinforce.

You are not making sense. Social Boundaries? confused You are trying to sound pithy, but are failing miserably.

Imaginary
Smart girls school... not a whole lot of 'social stereotypes.' I hang out with everyone.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Imaginary
Smart girls school... not a whole lot of 'social stereotypes.' I hang out with everyone.

Lucky you.

TPS
A social floater? Interesting

Imaginary
A floater? Hardly. For me to be a floater, the 'groups' at my school would have to be pretty well defined to begin with. Which they're not. Some groups are more social, more daring, more study obsessed, more music obsessed, more hyper than others but we're all nice so none of that matters much. So while I do have a crowd I hang out with outside of school, during school I talk to everyone.

bogen
The guy that everone likes, what ever that is. ( still in high school)

Kram3r
Originally posted by bogen

...no expression

TPS
A floater? Hardly. For me to be a floater, the 'groups' at my school would have to be pretty well defined to begin with. Which they're not. Some groups are more social, more daring, more study obsessed, more music obsessed, more hyper than others but we're all nice so none of that matters much. So while I do have a crowd I hang out with outside of school, during school I talk to everyone.

So during school, you talk to everyone. HENSE, social floater.

bogen
Originally posted by Kram3r
...no expression
Name someone who honestly hates me besides yourself ( the obvious call), and you don't hate me anyway.

Suroth

QFT

Imaginary
Originally posted by TPS
So during school, you talk to everyone. HENSE, social floater.

You're missing my point. Everyone talks to everyone, so if that's your definition of a social floater then my grade consists of 120 social floaters.

TPS
You're missing my point. Everyone talks to everyone, so if that's your definition of a social floater then my grade consists of 120 social floaters.

I don't care about them. I asked about the people in the board

Imaginary
Context still applies.

TPS
Regardless, it still will class you as a social floater, as you talk to everyone. Regardless of what they do, you talk to everyone.

Kram3r
Name someone who honestly hates me besides yourself ( the obvious call), and you don't hate me anyway.

No one's honestly hated, unless your Hitler. You're definitely not on friendly terms with a lot of people, that's for sure.

bogen
Originally posted by Kram3r
No one's honestly hated, unless your Hitler. You're definitely not on friendly terms with a lot of people, that's for sure.

On their own, everyone is cool, it's the group mentality that they can't control.
not their fault really, as most are footballers they've been trained to use it as their crutch.

Lord Paradise
Originally posted by TPS
Regardless, it still will class you as a social floater, as you talk to everyone. Regardless of what they do, you talk to everyone. Would the debate end if we changed the term to "socialite?" That's a little more benign.

TPS
laughing

Kongu Dude
I was the dude. srug

Lord Paradise
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
I was the dude. srug Thanks for being so specific.

Captain Maynard
I was everything.

ThePittman
I was and still am a Jack of All Trades, I fit into all the different groups, Jocks, Stoners, Geeks and so forth. I had groups of friends in all of them and pretty much got along with everyone, my art helped with that. wink

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by Lord Paradise
Thanks for being so specific.
You're welcome. 313

Smallville
I was an artsy guy. Drama, Music, Visual Arts... everything like that. Something of a "Social Floater," as TPS so eloquently put it.

Syren
Originally posted by ThePittman
I was and still am a Jack of All Trades, I fit into all the different groups, Jocks, Stoners, Geeks and so forth. I had groups of friends in all of them and pretty much got along with everyone, my art helped with that. wink

Same as me. I never went all out to impress one particular group, more one type of person. If I liked them, no matter what they were into, I tried to befriend them yes

Smallville
I would expect something like that from you too, Sy.

You seem like the kind of person that would not be judgemental

Syren
Thanks... that's sweet of you. I also think it had a lot to do with the insecurities I had about myself throughout school. I knew I was academic but the 'popular' students generally weren't, you know? So I figured I'd forge my own path or something. Keep doing what I did best, learning, and hopefully make some friends along the way. In hindsight, the friends I did make at the time were of the genuine and long-lasting persuasion, which I obviously wouldn't change smile

BakaXero
sometimes i wonder if it's the area or people.
I've been in situation where everyone with in that group of peers was close, and situations where there has been that great divide. I still don't know how it works, but it's certainly interesting to note. Also after the whole school thing ended, i found that people I didn't talk much to in school started talking to me more and same goes with others. Quite strange but interesting.

Syren
Same here, I've met a few people I used to go to school with on MySpace and we're friends, whereas at school it was different.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by TPS

I was a punk.
i wasnt exactly a loner, but i never stuck to a certain group. i had white friends, black friends, hispanic friends, etc;......

TPS
Interesting that you would bring racism into this thread, which really has nothing to do with racism.

I am looking at your post with a grimaced expression now. confused

johnnyforever
Class clown jumpy

TPS
I was kind of a class clown... but I never really meant to be funny.

lord xyz
Originally posted by TPS

I was a punk. I was myself. no expression

TPS
Originally posted by lord xyz
I was myself. no expression

How profound. no expression A rather socratic response...

Any other wisdom you want to spill out for us while you are here, Professor Philosophy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.