JLA movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
Many websites have been discussing this is in production. Personally I think its a terrible mistake. No ones been able to deliver a descent Superman fight scene, let alone a movie that will include the likes of a gl and WW.

Juntai
Bring it on.
Rumor on IGN is that Bale will play Batman and Routhe as Supes.

Validus
Originally posted by Big Sexy
No ones been able to deliver a descent Superman fight scene, let alone a movie that will include the likes of a gl and WW.
Nobody has tried either. I mean, that stuff in the 70s doesn't count and Singer was more concerned about telling us that Superman cries too.

I want a JLA movie. I want it badly but I bet this movie spends more time development hell than Superman Returns did.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Validus
Nobody has tried either. I mean, that stuff in the 70s doesn't count and Singer was more concerned about telling us that Superman cries too.

I want a JLA movie. I want it badly but I bet this movie spends more time development hell than Superman Returns did. Just speaking in abstract terms, Superman Returns was a heavy budgeted movie and for most of the movie I was unimpressed. I don't see a budget big enough to support a roster whose members need a Shit- load of special effects.

Validus
The budget didn't have anything to do with Superman Returns being unimpressive.

Big Sexy
The budget didn't have anything to do with Superman Returns being unimpressive. But for over 250 million to make I often wonder where the hell the money went. Smallville would have done a better job.

Juntai
Outside of the kid thing, Superman Returns was almost flawless.
Most people's beef was that it didn't have a genuine fight scene.
However, it did have several breathtaking or adrenaline rushing scenes.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Juntai
Outside of the kid thing, Superman Returns was almost flawless.
Most people's beef was that it didn't have a genuine fight scene.
However, it did have several breathtaking or adrenaline rushing scenes. sad wow flawless?

grey fox
I want Gl , I want WW and I especially want Flash. I dont want J'onn , Aquaman or anyone else.

Validus
But for over 250 million to make I often wonder where the hell the money went. Smallville would have done a better job.
The last thing anyone wants is two hours of Kristen Kreuk acting like a dipshit.

Big Sexy
The last thing anyone wants is two hours of Kristen Kreuk acting like a dipshit. laughing

Juntai
sad wow flawless? As a representation of Superman, sure.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Juntai
As a representation of Superman, sure. I 'm not going to completely get into is as there's a thread about the movie in the Superman forum but:
" Luthor too close to gene hackman version"
" Routh Wooden"
" Bosworth out of character"

Validus
Routh would have been fine if he had been allowed to play Brandon Routh as Clark Kent/Superman and not Brandon Routh playing Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent/Superman. Same deal with Kevin Spacey as Hackman Luthor.

Superman Returns on the whole was just....boring.

Big Sexy
Routh would have been fine if he had been allowed to play Brandon Routh as Clark Kent/Superman and not Brandon Routh playing Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent/Superman. Same deal with Kevin Spacey as Hackman Luthor.

Superman Returns on the whole was just....boring. Agreed

LORDSIDIOUS01
I am really not looking forward to a JLA movie. I think it night turn out to be good,but we all have to wait and see.

TricksterPriest
If it's not animated, I don't want to hear about it. roll eyes (sarcastic) In all seriousness, outside of JLU and the earlier JLA series, nobody has even come close to showing they can do this idea justice. An animated version is the only way this can work, a live action version is basically unworkable. sad

willRules
The move would have really high expectations to live up to. Everyone wants their favourite character portrayed fairly and so everyone want's every JLA member in the movie. Everyone wants the movie to have great villain/s great fight scenes a brilliant plot and special effects like nothing that's been done before. The budget will have to be through the roof and not be burdened by the success of movies like batman begins or animated programmes like JLU or be hindered by past failures.

All in all it seems like a dream it can't live up to, but we all want it to happen sad

Deathstroke
I'd rather see a Flash, GL and WW movie before going ahead and making a JLA movie. I'd think they'd need to be introduced individually before being thrown onto a team.

Martian_mind
F*ck the JLA or Superman,give Jonn a movie.

*The shot shows planet earth and a voice starts playing*

"I am the last son of a dead planet"

*Blue streak flashes across the screne*

"A cataclysmic event left me the last survivor of a dead race,taking my family and life,now i strive to protect my adopted planet from the same fate"

*camera Zooms in on Jonn's eyes and we see some green from his face*

"and no,i'm not that kryptonian pussy."

willRules
laughing

Soljer

As long as I get to see an infinite mass punch and a Green Lantern beat-down?

droolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.