Misfits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clone
Does anybody here like the Misfits? Also who was your favorite lead singer?

vintageSW77
i heard about a dozen tracks and liked them all

The Core
Michale Graves is the bees knees, IMO. I hung out with him and his band two nights in a row during his solo tour last year. Great guy, lots of energy and he's a great singer.

souvinir
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
Michale Graves is the bees knees, IMO. I hung out with him and his band two nights in a row during his solo tour last year. Great guy, lots of energy and he's a great singer.

graves is ok but its all about the REAL MISFITS........danzig,jerry only(ON BASS not singing)and doyle....the drummer dont matter cuz they suck

mr.smiley
They are my favirote band ever!I like every incarnation of the band

alic88
I haven't heard that much of Misfits but my high school teacher used to play for them before they were famous, I know its irrelevant but thought it would be interesting sharing.

SelphieT
I love the Misfits, I saw them when I was in 3rd grade! laughing out loud Shows that they've been around forever.

I love both Graves and Danzig. Not really anyone else after them....

love Saturday Night.......

2D_MASTER
Well I don't really like the Newfits, I thought the Michael Graves era was about 85% shit.

I've always loved the 70's Misfits, regardless of the line up... Danzig was the spine of the band. My favorite albums are Static Age and Walk Among Us. The Misfits were the best punk band in my humble little opinion.

SelphieT
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Well I don't really like the Newfits, I thought the Michael Graves era was about 85% shit.

I've always loved the 70's Misfits, regardless of the line up... Danzig was the spine of the band. My favorite albums are Static Age and Walk Among Us. The Misfits were the best punk band in my humble little opinion.

Danzig was pretty badass. I LOVE "Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?", "Die, Die, My Darling", and "Last Caress".

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by SelphieT
Danzig was pretty badass. I LOVE "Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?", "Die, Die, My Darling", and "Last Caress".

Well, to me, the 90's Miisfits were a totally different band. Danzig to me was the heart and soul of the 70's-early 80's Misfits, that's why when he quit the Misfits and created Samhain lots of classic Misfits fans followed.

SelphieT
Well, to me, the 90's Miisfits were a totally different band. Danzig to me was the heart and soul of the 70's-early 80's Misfits, that's why when he quit the Misfits and created Samhain lots of classic Misfits fans followed.

I didn't ask.........but I like Samhain and Danzig as well. I actually think I like him more in Danzig and Samhain rather the Misfits.

2D_MASTER
I didn't ask.........but I like Samhain and Danzig as well. I actually think I like him more in Danzig and Samhain rather the Misfits.

Oh, sorry...I was responding to your "Danzig was pretty badass" statement.

SelphieT
Oh, sorry...I was responding to your "Danzig was pretty badass" statement.

Oh no, its fine, I was just a bit confused.

SelphieT
I might see these guys in Montreal. I don't like Jerry Only very much, but it should be worth a see.

I really want to buy Famous Monsters, and some Danzig era CD's, but I'm not sure which ones I should get.....

Alpha Centauri
Not a bad band, overrated, though.

-AC

Mr.Murder27
Nope not bad at all. They also used AFI's Album cover!lol

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Not a bad band, overrated, though.

-AC

Maybe true, but still not as overated as the Ramones or the Sex Pistols.

Originally posted by Mr.Murder27

Explain, please.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Mr.Murder27

......the original line up of the Misfits is way older than AFI....

Which album cover are you talking about?

2D_MASTER
......the original line up of the Misfits is way older than AFI....

Which album cover are you talking about?

That's what I am wondering. In AFI's earlier days they were huge Misfits clones (well, they tried to be) in regard to music and image. I highly doubt the Misfits used any of AFI's material.

SelphieT
That's what I am wondering. In AFI's earlier days they were huge Misfits clones (well, they tried to be) in regard to music and image. I highly doubt the Misfits used any of AFI's material.

Yeah, you can definetly tell the Misfits influence on a young AFI.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.