Teague Sparrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirate_1987
Jack has no father.

Question for T or T

The question
Is Jack's father going to have a big part in the movie or a small part? Because I didn't see him on the trailer.

The answer
>> Is Jack's father going to have a big part in the movie or a small part? Because
>> I didn't see him on the trailer.

What makes you think Jack has a father?

After that he posted another answer.

I for one kind of missed the boat on the whole Keith Richards thing. People would get all bright eyed and smiley and breathless and ask, 'Is Keith Richards in the film?'

Yet when I pressed them as to why, or what they hoped to see him do, they would look a little confused ... and answer, "I don't know ... maybe he could mumble ... or fall out of a tree ..."

Then I would test them and say, okay, we cut to a shot of Keith Richards mumbling, will that make you happy? The answer was always no ... but then they would shake it off, brighten up again and end with, "But is Keith Richards in the movie?"

So here you are saying it will be a highlight, and it better be good ... You know Keith Richards is not an actor. What sort of thing are you hoping for?

http://www.wordplayer.com/forums/movies/index.cgi?read=95818
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really thought Teague Sparrow was Jack's father.

Jcksparrows
Keith is in the film and is playing Teague Sparrow. Watch the trailer again and at the very end theirs this dude that looks super crusty, has dreads, and opens his eyes and their brown... I was thinking that was 'im. But I might be wrong.

PirateDiva
i really do think they were trying to kepp Keith richards a surprise, but that news leaked quickly and well now all they can do is keep his identiy a secret until the movie is out!!

I still say it's them trying to throw us of the boat!!! He's Jacks Father no doubt....u really think TnT will spill the beans? NO....they are just generating curiosity and Intrest in the movie...to get ya'll to wanna see for yeselves....TnT are NO DUMMIES!!! it's a Brilliant Move on their Part! big grin

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Jcksparrows
Keith is in the film and is playing Teague Sparrow. Watch the trailer again and at the very end theirs this dude that looks super crusty, has dreads, and opens his eyes and their brown... I was thinking that was 'im. But I might be wrong.

Thats Jack!

AudioHeart
BUT HOW DID JACK END UP LIKE THAT IS WHAT IM DYING TO KNOW

a-k-a-amber
I think he is in diguise so he can sneak aboard the dutchman and get the Heart of Davy Jones

AudioHeart
Oh good, cause I thought he became part of it, phew THANKYOU

AudioHeart
He must be good at disguisese lol, he looks soo....REAL

AudioHeart
He must be good at disguises lol, he looks soo....REAL

AudioHeart
Sorry, i posted twice!

a-k-a-amber
double post? *raise eyebow*

lol

I think thats the most obvious idea

AudioHeart
Again, sorry

a-k-a-amber
lol just playing with ya

AudioHeart
okay lol

savvysparrow
All Terry really confirmed was that Teague's name is Captain Teague, not Teague Sparrow.

Which really highlights that Jack's real last name is not Sparrow, and that Captain Jack Sparrow is more of an invention on Jack's part than a real person.

Which also suggests that Jack's past did not start in pirating....

Ericadawn
He wasn't a pirate until Beckett branded him as such.

AudioHeart
Originally posted by savvysparrow
All Terry really confirmed was that Teague's name is Captain Teague, not Teague Sparrow.

Which really highlights that Jack's real last name is not Sparrow, and that Captain Jack Sparrow is more of an invention on Jack's part than a real person.

Which also suggests that Jack's past did not start in pirating....

...Could you repeat that please, I am soo lost

savvysparrow
Ha, it doesn't really make sense.

Essentially, in another post Terry says that Teague's last name is not Sparrow. People are taking it to mean that he's not Jack's father, but all that it really clarifies is that Jack invented the name Sparrow, and that he started off life as an ordinary man, savvy?

katelovespirate
Yeah, and apparantly, they don't ever specify in the movie whether the man is Jack's biological father or his "father figure"... so i dont think it matters at all. All the marketing stuff says Jacks father... so either way, he will have that role.
As if there could be 2 Sparrows in the Caribbean... lol... the caribbean isnt big enough for two men that amazing.

Chiki Mina

Essentially, in another post Terry says that Teague's last name is not Sparrow. People are taking it to mean that he's not Jack's father, but all that it really clarifies is that Jack invented the name Sparrow, and that he started off life as an ordinary man, savvy?

I think that Jack decided to make his las name Sparrow ever since he was branded as a pirate for setting those slaves free. Till then he loved the thought of freedom and sailing into the horizon, so he probably put the name "Sparrow" as his last name. He says his last name after saying Jack in such a proud manner.

Since Beckette branded him a "P" for pirate, then Im sure Jack branded himself with the sparrow flying towards the horizon meaning freedom.

AudioHeart

Yup! Crystall Clear thanks big grin

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I think that Jack decided to make his las name Sparrow ever since he was branded as a pirate for setting those slaves free. Till then he loved the thought of freedom and sailing into the horizon, so he probably put the name "Sparrow" as his last name. He says his last name after saying Jack in such a proud manner.

Since Beckette branded him a "P" for pirate, then Im sure Jack branded himself with the sparrow flying towards the horizon meaning freedom.

Omg thats soo true eek! eek! eek!

Its very cool how there is a deep story behind everything Jack does, like a hidden meaning

AudioHeart
...Well it sounds pretty good

calypso
Somewhere back in one of these threads I posted that Jack's real name is Smith or Smythe. Jack's grandfather nicknamed him sparrow as a child, as he was always darting around. So when Jack had to assume a new identity because his own name was so well known in England he became Jack Sparrow.

This is strictly my imagination at work and trying to dig some things out of COTBP. Like how does Jack know Dante's writing if he has not studied it. At the time only the upper class in England attended school.

pirate179
that makes sense seeming as when he is on the BOAT in COTBP and mullroy/murtogg ask him his name he says smith or smythe if you like....do you remember that part?? ohhhhh, i made a connection!! yeah me!!

calypso
Yeah you.

Also the HarborMaster says "Welcome to Port Royal Mr. Smith". Jack went with the tide and smiled, knowing no one would believe he was really John Smythe of England. Same with Mullroy and Murtogg. They would never believe he was John Smythe of England.

AudioHeart
Umm...who is John Smythe Of England???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.