The Maelstrom Tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nataku8188
Prepare for chaos.

This is not a tournament for the ill-informed. This is a tournament meant for only the most hardcore, diehard comic fanatics. If you only know one character, don't bother entering, you won't win.

The rules are very simple.

Contestants:

8 teams

Each team on KMC will elect 3 members to represent them. One group from each team, that is -ALL- that will be allowed. If you have 8 guys from, say, GLC that want to compete, ya'll had best vote on your 3 best.

The general populace of KMC will also be able to select *ANY* 3 members (That aren't already representing a team, but may still be on a team) to represent them, if they cannot do so in an orderly fashion, *I* will select who I feel are the best 3 members to represent the general populace.

If only 5 actual teams select members to participate, I will fill the other slots with general populace teams.

If you are upset because your team is very large, don't worry, it's not going to be 'X member, Y member, Z member vs A,B,C members', it's 'GLC vs Illuminati' and whatever roster of the current team will be posted. ONLY the three members chosen to represent the team may post.

Characters:

Each team will choose 3 characters to represent them. One Herald level, one Iron-man level, and one street level. E

Battlegrounds:

Each team will choose 1 home field to battle on, this must be a VERY specific place, such as Times Square, The Danger Room, Ontop of the Daily Bugle, The Jungles of the Savage Lands, etc.

Format:

Double-elimination. Your first lost puts you in the loser bracket, your second lose kicks you out of the tournament.

The kicker:

Expect the unexpected. Know your enemy. If you enter this tournament, prepare for things to happen that you are not prepared for (Makes sense, don't it) Be ready to debate fights you did not see coming, be ready to use characters you know nothing about, be ready for everything. Bring your A-Game, because baby, this is going to test it.

Matches:

Each match will begin roughly at 12 noon central time. They will last approximately 56 hours later, at 10 PM central time two days later. There is no guarantee on the length of a match. The tournament officials will do our best to keep it on time though. There will *ALWAYS* be a 48 minimum and 72 hour maximum on match lengths.

Sign-ups:

As of right now you all have until 1900 April 1st 2007 to form your teams. If all the teams are ready BEFORE then, we will begin earlier. When all teams have been formed I will begin the draft sequence.

Judges:

There will be 5 judges. Until the tournament starts, only they will know who they are.

Leave any questions here so I may answer them.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Prepare for chaos.

This is not a tournament for the ill-informed. This is a tournament meant for only the most hardcore, diehard comic fanatics. If you only know one character, don't bother entering, you won't win.

The rules are very simple.

Contestants:

8 teams

Each team on KMC will elect 3 members to represent them. One group from each team, that is -ALL- that will be allowed. If you have 8 guys from, say, GLC that want to compete, ya'll had best vote on your 3 best.

The general populace of KMC will also be able to select *ANY* 3 members (That aren't already representing a team, but may still be on a team) to represent them, if they cannot do so in an orderly fashion, *I* will select who I feel are the best 3 members to represent the general populace.

If only 5 actual teams select members to participate, I will fill the other slots with general populace teams.

If you are upset because your team is very large, don't worry, it's not going to be 'X member, Y member, Z member vs A,B,C members', it's 'GLC vs Illuminati' and whatever roster of the current team will be posted. ONLY the three members chosen to represent the team may post.

Characters:

Each team will choose 3 characters to represent them. One Herald level, one Iron-man level, and one street level. E

Battlegrounds:

Each team will choose 1 home field to battle on, this must be a VERY specific place, such as Times Square, The Danger Room, Ontop of the Daily Bugle, The Jungles of the Savage Lands, etc.

Format:

Double-elimination. Your first lost puts you in the loser bracket, your second lose kicks you out of the tournament.

The kicker:

Expect the unexpected. Know your enemy. If you enter this tournament, prepare for things to happen that you are not prepared for (Makes sense, don't it) Be ready to debate fights you did not see coming, be ready to use characters you know nothing about, be ready for everything. Bring your A-Game, because baby, this is going to test it.

Matches:

Each match will begin roughly at 12 noon central time. They will last approximately 56 hours later, at 10 PM central time two days later. There is no guarantee on the length of a match. The tournament officials will do our best to keep it on time though. There will *ALWAYS* be a 48 minimum and 72 hour maximum on match lengths.

Sign-ups:

As of right now you all have until 1900 April 1st 2007 to form your teams. If all the teams are ready BEFORE then, we will begin earlier. When all teams have been formed I will begin the draft sequence.

Judges:

There will be 5 judges. Until the tournament starts, only they will know who they are.

Leave any questions here so I may answer them.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Give it up man!!

-FO!!

Soljer
...Didn't the last tourney just die? And isn't Capt trying to run a tourney? And...isn't there suppose to be a street level tourney coming up later this season?

Too mas! Too mas!

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Soljer
...Didn't the last tourney just die? And isn't Capt trying to run a tourney? And...isn't there suppose to be a street level tourney coming up later this season?

Too mas! Too mas!

Yup...

Exactly.

-FO!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.