TMNT review thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Well, diddnt see a thread on the first two pages so thought i would start one for anyone whom has seen the movie

Dont know how many people of the original turtle generation will go see this movie,but that is the breed i am from. the original henson production.

Movie wasnt comepletly terrible. not sure if nostalga got the better of me, but some part of me enjoyed seeing the turtles again. not very much to review actually. You know what your getting into if you go to see this movie. It felt basically like a saturday cartoon with polished effects, and sparse momments that showed a more mature potential. thought the voice acting was to adolescant, but then again it was a pg rated turtles movie.

5/10 just because i grew up a turtle fan and still hold some love for the lean green fighting machines. And the cgi was pretty, even if most of the character designs were childish

Dusty
I thought the movie was ****ing awesome. Great theater experience, as well as good storyline, and animation. Action was tons of fun, as well.

Vinny Valentine
They should have kept the original costumes.

Bad Animation IMO.

2 Stars out of 5.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Bad Animation IMO.

2 Stars out of 5.

What costumes are you refereing to?

Dusty
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Bad Animation IMO.

2 Stars out of 5.

I don't think so. We should just leave the damage we've done. The first movie was amazing. The second was good, and the third was sub-par crappy. And I'm not even going to get into the god-awful "Next Mutation" TV series.

Why beat a dead horse? Animation was the best way to go. Costumes just wouldn't be the same with different voice actors.

MildPossession
All i've heard about it is that it's completely rubbish. Don't think I will be rushing to see it...

ragesRemorse
animation is the way that more comic book movies should go. Maybe if X-men was animated, we wouldnt have had the travesty that was x-men3

Dusty
Originally posted by MildPossession
All i've heard about it is that it's completely rubbish. Don't think I will be rushing to see it...

Don't trust what you've heard.

chithappens
4 out 5 stars.

Some of you are just bias. The animation was VERY good, the story was actually a nice fit for more mature audiences but children would also just like the monsters and fights. I can't mention much without giving away some nice surprises but it was worth the price of admission

Puzzle
The animation was great, I wasn't a fan of the skinnier Turtle designs that I saw in the trailer, but it works for this style. Also for those naysayers talking shit about going the animation route...do you even remember how bad the fighting looked with the people in the Turtle costumes (specifically number 3) in the live action movies? We'd only get 1/3rd of the action we got in this movie had it been live action.

The voice acting was also great IMO, except I wish they would update Michaelangelo's catchphrases and his surfer dude accent. Bring him into the 2000's so to speak.

The story is where I think it suffered a little bit. I'm nostalgic for the Turtles I am used to. I needed Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Which is hinted at towards the end of the movie *crosses fingers*

Overall it was fun and enjoyable, but nothing epic or heart stoppingly awesome.

8/10

MildPossession
I usually agree with the reviews from two I read, both said the same thing. Also, from the scenes and trailers I have seen, not my cup of tea.

doomsday49
Originally posted by Dusty
I thought the movie was ****ing awesome. Great theater experience, as well as good storyline, and animation. Action was tons of fun, as well.

coming from the guy with the donatello avatar. Excuse me if i don't take your review seriously, homie.

doomsday49
Hey do they have this movie at the IMAX

Dusty
Originally posted by doomsday49
coming from the guy with the donatello avatar. Excuse me if i don't take your review seriously, homie.

I viewed the movie prior to adding the avatar.

Originally posted by Puzzle
The animation was great, I wasn't a fan of the skinnier Turtle designs that I saw in the trailer, but it works for this style. Also for those naysayers talking shit about going the animation route...do you even remember how bad the fighting looked with the people in the Turtle costumes (specifically number 3) in the live action movies? We'd only get 1/3rd of the action we got in this movie had it been live action.

The voice acting was also great IMO, except I wish they would update Michaelangelo's catchphrases and his surfer dude accent. Bring him into the 2000's so to speak.

The story is where I think it suffered a little bit. I'm nostalgic for the Turtles I am used to. I needed Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Which is hinted at towards the end of the movie *crosses fingers*

Overall it was fun and enjoyable, but nothing epic or heart stoppingly awesome.

8/10
'
I thought the fight on the rooftop between Raph and Leo was heart-stoppingly awesome.

moviefanatik
I was happy to see the turtles back in action, but who do you think is the foot clan's new leader?? Maybe Shredders daughter???

ragesRemorse
shredder, ressurected

The Core
Originally posted by MildPossession
I usually agree with the reviews from two I read, both said the same thing. Also, from the scenes and trailers I have seen, not my cup of tea.

Ditto. Much like every other instance of cashing in on my childhood with kids who couldn't care less. They were popular in the early 90's for a reason.

It was the early 90's. That's the reason. If nothing else, like the new "Star Wars" movies it'll serve its purpose, which is to sell toys.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by The Core

dont forget about video games, comic books, tooth paste bath soap, band ades, clothes, soda pop, tennis shoes, trading cards, sympathy cards, christmas ornnaments, cell phone ringers, juice box ads, candy bar's, easter candy candy bars', perspectives, mentality, soul, dignity, self righteousness, heart, substance,ect

doomsday49
I viewed the movie prior to adding the avatar.

'
I thought the fight on the rooftop between Raph and Leo was heart-stoppingly awesome.

my bad! But this movie was pretty good! 7-10.

Wolverine2006
I heard Raph beat Leo....that shuld never happen...EVER!!!!!!

Burnt Pancakes
Spoilers tags are your friends.

Wolverine2006
so that did happen?

Vinny Valentine
I don't think so. We should just leave the damage we've done. The first movie was amazing. The second was good, and the third was sub-par crappy. And I'm not even going to get into the god-awful "Next Mutation" TV series.

Why beat a dead horse? Animation was the best way to go. Costumes just wouldn't be the same with different voice actors.

Not exactly. Personally, I really hated the Animation in this movie... It just wasn't....What it could have been in my eyes. The suits looked real enough, and the animation...Well...Didn't.

I'm not a fan of any of this new age CGI crap though.

Kento
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
so that did happen? Actually with Raph fighting cool-headed and what happened it wasn't to unbelievable.

Xtremechik2
I'm a die-hard turtle fan so I thought the movie was amazing. The story may have been a bit blah, but seeing the turtles back on the big screen was something that I have been waiting for.

Personally, I thought the animation was amazing. I actually think it's a lot better then the stuff that Pixar churns out.

FistOfThe North
Saw it last night. I love it. We now know there'll be a part 2 but na. Pixar's animation looks way better than what "TMNT" did. The visuals were impressive though. It reminded me of "The Incredibles" CGI

The version of "TMNT" seemed more like part 2 of the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie. the 1st one that came out way back. That one was a classic too. The rest puked.

A

ragesRemorse
the first turtles movie was the best, the rest were garbage

keleigigi
this movie awesome brings back old memories watching when i was a kid

MarvelPartyMan
This new TMNT movie was a nice start but it could of been way better. I think now WB needs to find a director, producer, and a writer that can bring back the live-action Turtles that we all are use to seeing not these cgi turtles because we all know that the first TMNT movie was the best and with the technology that we have now a live action TMNT movie will be perfect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.