What do you like about Darth Maul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Heinous
What do you like about Darth Maul?

Darth Daft
I LOVE his double-sided lightsabre. I was so thrilled when I first saw it and was immediately interested in other attributes and features of this evil Sith Lord. The only think I can think of that I don't like about the character is that he wasn't in the film enough.

Darth Heinous
Darth Maul was awesome villain. It totally sucked when he killed Master Qui-Gon Jinn. Maul's red double bladed lightsaber was cool. It looked better than Exar Kun's double-bladed lightsaber (his was blue). Maul wasn't shown enough, nor did he speak enough.

Ratcat
Ya know, I didn't really get bthat excited about the two bladed sabre. I don't know why, I just kinda thought "oooooh, that's nice" and that was it.

Darth Daft
I just didn't expect Lucas to start advancing away from the basic lightsabre. I thought he was just going to stick with the normal one.

Xizor
I liked how Maul was so accomplished at things like espionage and assasination. All those gadgets on his ship were cool.

Darth Daft
I liked his face tattoos and the way they hide his identity. He just wouldn't be the same without them.

Xizor
I liked his 15 second brouhaha woth Obi-Wan. Easily the best saber sequenc to date!!

Darth Daft
Yes certainly. If only it had been a little longer though.
Let's hope that future duels are even better!

Xizor
Thats what I hope to see most of all in Ep2. Insane duels all over the place. I liked how Maul drove his blade through Qui-Gons mid section.

Darth Daft
I love that sound he makes when he is sliced by Obi-Wan. It may not have been too nice for him, but he had a great death for the audience to watch as he falls down the reactor shaft, coming apart into 2 pieces. Cool.

Xizor
I liked how he drove fear into the Niemodians but didn't have to speak more then a few words.

Darth Daft
I liked how he does that little twirl with his double-sided lightsabre before activating it at the hangar. Totally unneccesary, but still cool nonetheless.

Dim
I liked how he made the little girls next to me in the theater shriek when he pulled down his hood..

Tom Gon
I liked where he lifted up the box and threw it at the door control with the Force. And when he died and got his lightsabre cut up. Heh.

Darth Daft
I liked his teeth. He's obviously English.

Gundark
The best part was when the inside hangar doors opened and Maul was just standing there and whips out his double ended saber. Time like stops for a second...then Qui Gon simply says, "we'll handle this". They all whip their capes off. Totally cool. My brother punched me in the arm and grinned at me like a Cheshire cat. But at least he didn't spill my popocorn. stick out tongue

justinday15
His lightsabre is the best.

cookies2006
Yes i agree. Also his forceful speed and strength.

GordonSkywalker
Maul was more of a threat to the Naboo than Vader or Dooku could have been. When he was on the Queen's trail he didn't resort to droids or troopers like Vader and Dooku did in their own pursuits in the service of Sidious. He was younger, fresher and far more of a direct threat than his counterparts would have been.

cookies2006
He was all that he could have been on his own.

GordonSkywalker
Agreed.

cookies2006
He did rather good for battling some of the 2 best jedis out there by himself.

GordonSkywalker
Yes it took both Vader and Palpatine to try to turn Luke but not even both of them together could accomplish that.

cookies2006
I guess this all means one thing.

The light side will always be the overall winner.

GordonSkywalker
I think you just expressed a universal truth.

cookies2006
And its all proven in ep6.

GordonSkywalker
Yes.

cookies2006
Done.

justinday15
another cool thing about Darth Maul is his eyes.

Maikahyandowen
definately the lightsaber. and his multi-colured face and horns. how many bad guys have a face like that? only vader had a cooler face, when he was wearing the helmet, that is.

amity75
Maul was awesome because he genuinely invoked fear. He lookes evil. Even as a kid I thought Vader was a bit of a "pantomine" baddie, a guy who wasn't really all that bad. Maul on the otherhand is not a guy I'd like to meet on a dark night.

yerssot
because you can't see Vader in the dark with all the black he wears? wink

amity75
True enough, I never thought of that. However, it's almost Christmas time and even though I could'nt see him I'm sure I would be able to feel his presents. Boom Boom!

Darth Jello
maul is cool because he's the most impressive and the least powerful sithlord all in one

Rogue Jedi
least powerful? whatever.

yerssot
perharps when using the force, yes, cause he is a mighty sabre-fighter!

Dirty Vader
Without trying to be a pain: Wrong forum by the way. No PT crap in the OT forum please.

Maul is a brilliant sabre fighter.

Rogue Jedi
maul was awesome. he just underestimated obi wan.

Maikahyandowen
don't they all. vader at the height of his power would not be someone you'd want to meet in a dark alley. or on the command deck of a super stardestroyer for that matter.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/twisted1.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/evil.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/devil.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/dev.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bangin.gif

mephistodesigns
I wouldn't want to be a force sensitive in the same damn system as Vader, let alone alleys or command decks.

Mr Parker
yeah thats about the only good thing about Darth maul is that light saber sword of his.He was not at all a believeable looking villian like Darth Vader.He looked like some wrestler out of WWF. laughing

Maikahyandowen
HA! Vader's awsome. he's got that choking thing of his. wonderful talent to have at board meetings. smile

Mr Parker
So did YOU like MAUL? Because of my previous reasons,I thought he was a joke as a villian and could not take him serious Like I could with DARTH VADER.

Dirty Vader
Well Maul's look still beats any of the creeps of the WWF. At least he doesent have to pretend to look tough, he's a darn good fighter.

mephistodesigns
LOL!!! C'mon people. Vader's my favorite character but lets face it, he's no less ridiculous than Maul. Maul's kinda like a Maori Ninja combo thing, and Vader's based on samurai. but if you saw either one of them just standing around, you'd be like what's up with these freaks. I mean just look at how the majority of the galaxy dresses and then look at Vader. C'mon. But this is also a galaxy where Boba Fett walks all over Bespin with his rifle at the ready even when there's no danger around. they're both pretty odd, they're just different. They both are bad @$$ as hell, but Vader is cooler overall!

Maikahyandowen
yes, they are both bad, Vader's just worse. MUCH worse. and Maul DID have that awsome lightsaber. and the horns.......

mephistodesigns
Vader would kick his @$$ though. And don't try to deny it. he's the Chosen One. evil face

Mr Parker
I totally disagree that Vader is just as rediculous.I have come across many people that when they first saw what Darth Maul looked like,they had the same reaction I had which was WTF?????? because of the reasons I mentioned. People did not have that kind of reaction when they saw Vader in that cool looking costume.

Maikahyandowen
so.... if Maul had a breathing problem he'd have been more intimidating? maybe if he traded in the horns for a cool mask.....

Darth Jello
most of maul's menace comes from the musical cues (dark music mixed with Sidious' them/sith chant with low whispers of the battle of the trees from duel of the fates). hopefully, when Williams reorchestrates the music for the original trilogy, both vader and sidious will have the same menacing chant added to their respective cues

Maikahyandowen
Vader has the Imperial March. That's awsome stuff.

Darth Jello
but he doesn't have chanting whispers

Mr Parker
I dont know but as many Star wars fans I know who said the same thing-They surely could have come up with a better looking villian than that laughable looking thing.Yeah,trading in the horns for a cool mask probably would have been a good idea.

Maikahyandowen
see? it's allll in the mask. and creepy breathing.

mephistodesigns
some of the concept art for him had him with all kinds of really cool helmets and really ornate sith armor. and this is what we got. See, this is one of those times I wish I hadn't learned how a character developed visually. Boba Fetts designs got better, Vader's better, Yoda's got A LOT better. But Maul kept getting trimmed down, watered down. I like him a lot the way he is, but he could have been soooo much cooler. To be honest, if i saw the little 5'6'' or so sith walking at me in a dark alley I'd just start laughing. i'd be dead shortly after but I'd still laugh. Now if I saw Vader, with the freaky breathing and control panels, with a helmet where you can't see his eyes so you have know idea if hes glaring at you or admiring the brick wall behind you, i freaking run my @$$ off. Its always creepy when you can't see someones face because of that natural survival instinct we all have reads opponents based on expression, masks block out their face so you get scared.

Maikahyandowen
i concur. maul just doens't have the creepiness that Vader possesses. he does have nice face paint to make up for it, sort of.........

RobBo
Re-play the section where Lord Maul battles the two Jedi and carefully appreciate Maul's skillful movements, he is as agile as a dancer: he makes Kenobi and Ginn look like Laurel and Hardy!

Lord Maul's failing was his over-aggression and over-confidence....he never expected Kenobi to pop out of that shaft and off him......ahh well, he never got much of a speaking part either..................

Maikahyandowen
see? he didn't have the amazing scary-guy speaking talents that Vader had. plus he didn't strangle people in meetings, which tends to add to your intimidation factor.

Darth Revan
that's only because he didn't have James Earl Jones doing his voice!! Plus he was trained to be kind of submissive. In my opinion, had he been found by the old republic he would have made a better jedi--they're supposed to follow what the council says and not be overly independant. Sith, on the other hand, all have a rebellious streak that I think Maul lacked.

Anyways, he was one of my favorite characters because the best damn scene in the whole movie had him in it.

Darth Revan
I liked his lightsaber but I wish they'd shown him fighting with one saber in each hand like you can in KotOR

Maikahyandowen
maybe if he'd been good first, then turned bad he'd be a little more on the independent thinking side then do whatever my master says side.

Lord_Andres
he was awsome, buta who the hell is Exar Kun's?somebody metiond him

Maikahyandowen
i dunno.

Maikahyandowen
ha! found him. he was a dark lord of the sith loooooong before Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.