KotOR2 Bastilla Shan versus RotS Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allfg
Setting: Random Field In Dantooine.

Round 1: Lightsaber Battle.

Round 2: Force Battle.

Round 3: All Out Battle.

Riverollv
I dont think we know enough about Bastila to prove anything

darthsith19
1. Kenobi
2. ???
3. Probably Kenobi, but close

Utrigita
Couldn't he had said Bastilla from KOTOR I ???

Count Makashi
1. Kenobi-he is an excellent swordsman, Bastila uses double-bladed lightsaber, but so did Maul and i don't think she is good as Maul.

2. Has she done anything special, except for battle meditation, i cant remember nothing, but correct me if i am wrong.

3. Kenobi-see the 2 reasons above, Bastilla doesn't strike me as a excellent warrior.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Count Makashi
1. Kenobi-he is an excellent swordsman, Bastila uses double-bladed lightsaber, but so did Maul and i don't think she is good as Maul.

2. Has she done anything special, except for battle meditation, i cant remember nothing, but correct me if i am wrong.

3. Kenobi-see the 2 reasons above, Bastilla doesn't strike me as a excellent warrior.

Even though we dont know much about Bastila's skill with the blade, yeah, i agree with you. I think she wouldn't take down Kenobi, and what else is special about her powers? (other than Battle Meditation)

Riverollv
In KOTOR, you actually take her down EASILY, maybe as easily as a Dark Jedi Master (in the game). She only resists because the Star Forge fuels her power.

jollyjim311
Kenobi, for teh following reasons.

* He beasted on Greivous, one of the best lightsaber users.
* Prior to ROTS, he kept up with Jango.
* Prior to ROTS, he managed to goe head to head with Maul for a short period of time.
* Mace spoke to him as if they were equals (well, close, at least) in lightsaber combat.
* Dooku couldn't get past his defences with a lightsaber.
* He beat Durge.

Oh yeah,

This too:

http://img254.echo.cx/img254/751/anakinburning9pb.jpg

zephiel7
Where was the word "pwned" hiding in that picture?

jollyjim311
There isn't any. I posted it to show what Obi left Anakin as... Sorry if that wasn't clear.

vader11
When did Obiwan pwn Anakin?

Jaingg
I dont think we know much about Bastila, but from what we do know about Kenobi, I say Ewan all the way! Obi-Wan is the only jedi (besides Yoda) to survive the Great Jedi Hunt. Now that is saying something. smokin'

jollyjim311
Originally posted by vader11
When did Obiwan pwn Anakin?

thumb down

Advent
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Dooku couldn't get past his defences with a lightsaber.

Where does it say that Dooku couldn't get past his defense? As far as I recall, the RotS novelization states that " almost failed to notice that Kenobi met every one of his thrusts" (Ch. 3). Which clearly indicates he couldn't break Kenobi's maneuvers, because he switched his form to Soresu, and hadn't been paying attention.

Nothing that I've seen states that Dooku wouldn't be able to overcome Kenobi when he's using Soresu, as the only example was in regards to a situation where Obi-Wan subtly reverted to his main form while Dooku had already been laying down attacks based on the premise he was using Ataru, then immediately took him out with the Force once he realized this.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Jaingg
I dont think we know much about Bastila, but from what we do know about Kenobi, I say Ewan all the way! Obi-Wan is the only jedi (besides Yoda) to survive the Great Jedi Hunt. Now that is saying something. smokin'

If you're referring to the Jedi Purge, then you're wrong. Obi-Wan was not the only one to survive the Purge. There were several others such as: Ikrit, Empatojayos Brand, Taj Junak, Kai Justiss, Ood Bnar, Beldorion, Aquinos, and Gruu Dunrick.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Riverollv
If you're referring to the Jedi Purge, then you're wrong. Obi-Wan was not the only one to survive the Purge. There were several others such as: Ikrit, Empatojayos Brand, Taj Junak, Kai Justiss, Ood Bnar, Beldorion, Aquinos, and Gruu Dunrick.

Ood Bnar was never part of the Jedi purge. He's been a damn tree on Ossus for 4,000 years.

Riverollv
Yes, I know that, but, theorically, he's a Jedi that wasn't killed in the Jedi Purge. Though, you're right I shouldn't add him

Riverollv
technically* Anyways, my mistake, my point is Obi-Wan wasn't the only one who survived

Jaingg
Originally posted by Riverollv
If you're referring to the Jedi Purge, then you're wrong. Obi-Wan was not the only one to survive the Purge. There were several others such as: Ikrit, Empatojayos Brand, Taj Junak, Kai Justiss, Ood Bnar, Beldorion, Aquinos, and Gruu Dunrick. Ok, I mostly read Mando lit so I didn't really know that. Hey you learn something new everyday!

Captain REX
Didn't she say herself at some point that, other than Battle Meditation, she wasn't as brilliant with the Force as Revan or other Jedi? Or someone did, maybe one of the Jedi Masters...

Gideon
Originally posted by Advent
Where does it say that Dooku couldn't get past his defense? As far as I recall, the RotS novelization states that " almost failed to notice that Kenobi met every one of his thrusts" (Ch. 3). Which clearly indicates he couldn't break Kenobi's maneuvers, because he switched his form to Soresu, and hadn't been paying attention.

Nothing that I've seen states that Dooku wouldn't be able to overcome Kenobi when he's using Soresu, as the only example was in regards to a situation where Obi-Wan subtly reverted to his main form while Dooku had already been laying down attacks based on the premise he was using Ataru, then immediately took him out with the Force once he realized this.

I have to agree with you, Advent. But I also need to point out that - even if Dooku were capable of breaching Obi-Wan's defenses (which is possible, given his proficiency with Makashi) - logical evidence concludes that this would be extremely difficult for Dooku to accomplish with a lightsaber, and the feat itself isn't guarenteed.

zephiel7
Originally posted by jollyjim311
There isn't any. I posted it to show what Obi left Anakin as... Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I was joking...just saying that Anakin got pwned badly in that duel.

Riverollv
Yeah, i think you're right i heard that too somewhere... and it's hell true. Bastila's no special Jedi without her Battle Meditation and that's it

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Gideon
I have to agree with you, Advent. But I also need to point out that - even if Dooku were capable of breaching Obi-Wan's defenses (which is possible, given his proficiency with Makashi) - logical evidence concludes that this would be extremely difficult for Dooku to accomplish with a lightsaber, and the feat itself isn't guarenteed.

Anyone (from PT) would extremely difficult defeat Kenobi in a saber match, he is the best master of Soreusu, the most defensive form.

kamhal
Hard to say. As it was said, we don't know much about bastilla, besides the fact that she was stated as a powerful force user by the jedi masters from that time. Depends, really. Maybe obi-wan, but to say this or the other way is just a personal opinion, i don't have proofs to support it.

Gideon
No, it really doesn't. She hasn't got a prayer in saber combat, and she's not Yoda or Sidious with the Force, so I don't see her beating him there, either.

Count Makashi
I cant believe its just 4-3 for Kenobi.

allfg

Count Makashi
What did she ever do to put her in the big leagues in personal combat, she never defeated somebody in a saber match that is really good(like Kenobi did against GG and Maul) or use her Force powers in personal combat and she is very reckless. She uses double-bladed saber but so did Maul and i don't think she is good as Maul. Her battle meditation is really impressive, but it wont do her any good in 1 on 1 fight.
Bastilla is probably very good, but she is not in a World Class combatant and in the game she isn't a Jedi guardian, clearly she wasn't focusing on combat.

allfg
She owned a dark jedi that was part of Darth Revan's personal bodyguard unit (he had an entire order to pick from, the dark jedi would have been very powerful), and that was when she was a mere padawan. It can also be assumed that she faced and killed many dark jedi, given the warlike era and jedi and sith orders, and how many you encounter during the game. It's also quite possible she had a few encounters with some sith assassins during the Shadow War, but whatever, this is just speculation.

Huh? She stunned both Jolee Bindo and Juhani instantly, and with no apparent effort. That's pretty damn uber. And yeah, sure, she's reckless, but I highly doubt she'd lose to Kenobi based solely on that.

Your entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Bastilla was a saber prodigy, has about as much training as Maul does (both were trained from birth, Maul was 24, I'm guessing Bastilla was a little younger, but not much, so roughly the same, though maybe a little less), and has faced far more combat. Maul, by TPM, had only really just fully master his form (it says so in his novel), was never shown to be anywhere near as strong as Bastilla in the force (which make a huge difference in saber combat), and has far less experience.

Well it's great testament to her will and strength in the force, and depending on how she uses it, it could be useful in such a scenario.

I disagree. IMPO, she's probably the most powerful female force user ever (yes, that's right, I'd put her above Traya). And jedi class means little, Yoda was a consular, and he still kicked ass in saber combat. Kavar was a weapons master, and he was still pretty impressive in the force (in KotOR2, when surrounded by about 12 guards, he instantly puts them into a force stasis, with no gesture or apparent effort).

Black Dalek

allfg
No, Rex was acting like a b1tch and closed the thread before I could reply. Rip the post apart by all means though Dalek, if you can.

Gideon
Originally posted by allfg
No, Rex was acting like a b1tch and closed the thread before I could reply. Rip the post apart by all means though Dalek, if you can.

Rex, a b1tch? That just goes to show how little you know of him. Rexinator is the ultimate incarnation of the online phrase "teh uber". He's in love with me, just like Advent is. cool

Black Dalek

You had your chance, in fact alot of it. Out of three debater's argument, you were a coward and decided to vent your anger to someone else, REX. But you didn't know REX is one of the best here...I think.

Count Makashi
She owned a dark jedi that was part of Darth Revan's personal bodyguard unit (he had an entire order to pick from, the dark jedi would have been very powerful), and that was when she was a mere padawan. It can also be assumed that she faced and killed many dark jedi, given the warlike era and jedi and sith orders, and how many you encounter during the game. It's also quite possible she had a few encounters with some sith assassins during the Shadow War, but whatever, this is just speculation.

Huh? She stunned both Jolee Bindo and Juhani instantly, and with no apparent effort. That's pretty damn uber. And yeah, sure, she's reckless, but I highly doubt she'd lose to Kenobi based solely on that.

Your entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Bastilla was a saber prodigy, has about as much training as Maul does (both were trained from birth, Maul was 24, I'm guessing Bastilla was a little younger, but not much, so roughly the same, though maybe a little less), and has faced far more combat. Maul, by TPM, had only really just fully master his form (it says so in his novel), was never shown to be anywhere near as strong as Bastilla in the force (which make a huge difference in saber combat), and has far less experience.

Well it's great testament to her will and strength in the force, and depending on how she uses it, it could be useful in such a scenario.

I disagree. IMPO, she's probably the most powerful female force user ever (yes, that's right, I'd put her above Traya). And jedi class means little, Yoda was a consular, and he still kicked ass in saber combat. Kavar was a weapons master, and he was still pretty impressive in the force (in KotOR2, when surrounded by about 12 guards, he instantly puts them into a force stasis, with no gesture or apparent effort).

We don't know how powerful that Dark Jedi, rely was and i am sure he was nowhere near Kenobis skill. And Kenobi fought constantly in the war
to and he progressed really fast, not fast as Anakin, but still fast. And all those Dark Jedi she faced, there was most of the time someone from the party with her, she never faced them alone.

Is stun a real power, because i never seen it the movies, or EU, we only see it in the KOTOR games, think about it, if stun was a real power, wouldn't the Jedi just use stun on their opponents, it would be there preferred power, they would harmlessly capture an enemy without risk to their safety. And Kenobi forms is perfect for patience, i think Bastilla would just get annoyed and make a mistake, after some time.

Who said Bastilla was a saber prodigy, if you can prove it, i will concede and admit it, because i don't remember that being said in the game. And even if she is a saber prodigy, that doesn't mean she mastered it completely, the likes of Dooku, Mace... when they wore in their 20s they wore probably labeled saber prodigies, but aren't even close from their ROTS characters. She neds time to completely perfect her form, if she is a saber prodigy.

Malak broke her will and Revan also convinced her to come back to the light on the Star Forge.

There is nothing to suggest that she is the most powerful female user ever and certainly she is not more powerful then Traya. I meant that she doesn't focuses on combat, but rather in Force techniques, especially battle meditation. And like i said, i don't think stasis is a real power, just a game one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.