Gibbs Rocks!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
GIBBS IS ACE!!!!!!!
LETS HAVE AN AWED SILENCE FOR GIBBS:
*AWED SILENCE*.
NOW BACK TO TALKING ABOUT HIM!
HE'S DAMN WELL ACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance omg this cartoon bannana reminds me of brian in family guy: (peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time! lmao)

pirate179
LOL YAY GIBBS!!

aniron
how come he knows jack so well? at the start of POTC 1 he's workin for norrington in a normal sailing job then he's best friends and all knowledgable of jack.

pirate179
...hmmm....i dont know, well he said in COTBP that he knew him before he was captain of the pearl so i dont know

aniron
oh yeah!!!!!!!!! blooper u think?

pirate179
dont know smile

aniron
well it's something to think about lol.

pirate179
yes big grin

aniron
lmao!

pirate179
me too!! LMAO

AudioHeart
Go Gibbs - he has cool sideburns!!! big grin big grin big grin happy

aniron
i know this is the wrong place but is it me or do u think of a razor weneva norrington ses gillette in POTC 1?

YE gibbs' sideburns rock my world!

AudioHeart
I KNOW AYE, I DO THAT I THINK OF GILETTE AS IN THE BRAND LOL

aniron
LMAO!!!!!!! thank god its not just me!!!

AudioHeart
Lmao, that is really funny

willofthewisp
I thought Gibbs said no one knew much about Jack before he was captain of the Pearl. I didn't think he actually knew Jack before.

IheartPocky
Go Gibbs!

Jack & Gibbs <3

Hambah
IheartPocky I LOVE your sig!

PirateDiva
I agree...I Love Gibbs!!! Heys Great!!!

Chiki Mina
I love how Gibbs tells his stories smile

IheartPocky
thanks!

Yes, Gibbs is a wonderful story teller! eek!

aniron
I agree he is so melodramatic sometimes, like he's hearing the story for the first time. He should have a voice over in AWE!

ivebeendepped43
i very much appreciate this thread

AudioHeart
Indeed

lovethemtigers
yes...I love Gibbs...because he so loyal to jack...and I love his stories...especially how he tells Will in POTC about how Jack escaped the Island and then in DMC when he is explaining to will why Jack is afraid of the open waters...

http://i7.tinypic.com/4c15jyg.jpg

lovethemtigers
Jack and Gibbs...best of friends...that's why Gibbs is so cool...OMG...did anyone notice how HOTTT Jack is in that picture.... love

aniron
he is a useful character. he tells the audience a lot!
His loyalty is also something to be respected and I like to think of hi as Jacks first mate.

Mistypirate
OMG Johnny chest eek!
I wasn't expecting Gibs to get the girls, well thats what it seems. Gibbs rox.. laughing

tee_pirategirl
OMG is it wrong to say this on the Gibbs thread?Jack is SO hot in that pic!!! ~~~~***LOVE IT***~~~~

back to the topic! GIBSS ROX. I would luv for him to be my pappy or something. Oh and also to get some girls. wonderful story teller!

btw i think he said Jack was captain of the Black Pearl before he met him. "That was before I knew him. Back when he was captain of the black pearl." Gibbs

ivebeendepped43
wow Jack looks ssexxii in that pic....

willofthewisp
hee hee hee, that picture is also funny if you look at their faces.

Jack: WHY did you tell him all that? (angry)

Gibbs: What'd I say?

Will: What are you guys talking about?

Both: Nothing!

AudioHeart
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Jack and Gibbs...best of friends...that's why Gibbs is so cool...OMG...did anyone notice how HOTTT Jack is in that picture.... love

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AudioHeart
Originally posted by aniron
he is a useful character. he tells the audience a lot!
His loyalty is also something to be respected and I like to think of hi as Jacks first mate.

I thought he was his first mate

ivebeendepped43
may i quote myself Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
wow Jack looks ssexxii in that pic....

AudioHeart
LMAO lets get one thing straight...JOHNNY DEPP/JACK SPARROW IS HOTT...back to the topic...

T.Maria
i remember when i was watching COTBP audio commentary, and everyone called gibbs 'the badger' because of his side burns big grin

I LOVE GIBBS!!!!!!!

He could probably tell us stories about nothing, and STILL keep us entertained for hours lmao!! big grin

willofthewisp
He is the first mate, isn't he? That's who I think Jack would put in charge in the event he would, uh, "fall behind."

lovethemtigers
yes...Jack trusts Gibbs....I love when Gibbs asked what happened to Norrington and Jack says he fell behind and Gibbs says "bless his soul (or something like that) (he pauses for a second and then sayssmile Oh well, we must not wallow in our grief..."

It is so funny how Jack always seems a little untrusting of Mr. Cotton's Parrot....so funny...I love it...
http://i12.tinypic.com/2jchw60.jpg

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
OMG is it wrong to say this on the Gibbs thread?Jack is SO hot in that pic!!! ~~~~***LOVE IT***~~~~

back to the topic! GIBSS ROX. I would luv for him to be my pappy or something. Oh and also to get some girls. wonderful story teller!

btw i think he said Jack was captain of the Black Pearl before he met him. "That was before I knew him. Back when he was captain of the black pearl." Gibbs

laughing Girl, every thread turns into a Jack Sparrow lovefest..it's soo funny and very telling of how we all really feel....we love Jack and there is no denying that.....here is another great shot of Gibbs and Jack...

Gibbs must be really happy when he sees Jack again...I wonder what is happening in this pic from AWE...Jack, Gibbs and Will..

http://i12.tinypic.com/43px080.jpg

willofthewisp
I like the parrot picture. Gibbs being in the background smiling looks like he's laughing at Jack.

Chiki Mina
Have you guys noticed when Gibbs hugs Elizabeth after they thought they won over Davy? Before the kraken.

PirateDiva
Gibbs hugs Elizabeth? i never noticed that!! Awwww Gibbs!! big grin

IheartPocky
jack always gives Cotton funny looks when he's at the wheel

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/Tana/1025_10.jpg

I didnt see gibbs hug Liz but i do remember someone saying before that he did! smile

PirateDiva
lmao....Jack really doesnt trust the Parrot...lol..or is it cotton?? Lmao....Jack is sooo cute!! love

ivebeendepped43
i have 2 watch for that now!!!

willofthewisp
Yes, he hugs her. I captured the image, now how do I post it?

ivebeendepped43
upload it to tinypic or picoodle and copy & paste the img link

willofthewisp
Photo Essay on Gibbs

http://i13.tinypic.com/4cuhyco.jpg

Aw, he's become a father figure for Liz. It reminds me of how his face lit up when Liz came to free the crew in COTBP. "Miss Elizabeth!" I think she earned his respect that day.

http://i14.tinypic.com/2qns7qo.jpg

Gibbs is the one at the helm during the chase between the Pearl and the FD until Jack takes over. Good guy. This image doesn't really show that, more or less shows all the bodies laying around. I thought it was a nice touch to the kiss of death scene. Instead of a wedding where flower petals are everywhere, there are bodies. Very cool

http://i12.tinypic.com/35ku3pl.jpg

Everyone's reaction to Jack's death. Look at Gibbs here! It's time to hug him.

http://i3.tinypic.com/2ujmijp.jpg

He's all by himself grieving AND if you pay attention, he is the very first to volunteer to go back for Jack. Talk about loyalty.

ivebeendepped43
awww! now that 1st pic, thats a ssexxi smile right there!! drop dead gorgeous!!!!! and Gibbs hugging Liz is cute 2

willofthewisp
Jack does look pretty proud of himself, doesn't he? This is right before he says, "Why fight when you can negotiate?" Pretty confident...and it's all about to go to hell.

ivebeendepped43
lmao!!! but if he looks ssexxi saying it, WHO CARES?!

IheartPocky
Awe Gibbs is so adorable lol

lovethemtigers
jack and gibbs are both so adorable...and yes, Jack is so cute...gosh, what's not to love about the man...you know even when he is being mischevious and leading others on wild goose chases...he is absolutely amazing...but yes,
Gibbs Rocks...I love how he is the first to volunteer to go back and fetch back Witty jack....Gibbs misses JACK...Ha-Ha. and seeing Gibbs hugging Lizzy lets me know that he knows that she is special to jack....I don't know why but I just get butterflies when I think about Jack and Lizzy and what will be going through each of their minds when they see each other again..I mean she just shared the hottest kiss in the world with the hottest pirate...so what will that be like when she faces him again, especially after she left him there chained and ready to meet the Kracken....

I love, love, love that picture of jack and gibbs sharing "dukes" with the strumpets in the background..pretty much sealing their friendship...do you think Gibbs and Jack are saying bye and Gibbs is wishing Jack the best of luck in his endeavor to go and make Lizzie realize they belong together...to fight for his woman.....

IheartPocky
i love the way jack looks after that little fist/strumpet thing. it looks like an "end of movie look" to me lol just like at the end of CotBP and DMC

Actually, Exactly! Post pictures someone lol Jack has the exact same look at the wheel of the Black pearl in Pirates 1 as he's got when he is staring down the kraken. And yet again the same look(sorta, a little different hehe) in the trailer after he sends Gibbs away with the strumpets.

calypso
In DMC Gibbs is interviewing for the 99 souls and Jack is sitting across the cantina with his feet up and with compass in hand drinking and watching the door.

Jack: How are we doing?

Gibbs: Counting those four? That gives us four. (and this part was cut)
(low)
I've written a letter to my brother-in-law. He's a lawyer in London. Good one. Nothing better happen to me.

Jack: I make no promises.

Ok, now what is all that about? I know all you geniuses can figure that one out. Just like the peas in the pod scene which was foreshadowing for the later curiosity scene in DMC. What is Gibbs talking about?

willofthewisp
Hmm, that could be seen as a breach of loyalty on Gibbs' part, like he actually thinks Jack would count Gibbs as one of the 99 souls to turn over to Jones. I'm glad they didn't use this exchange. Gibbs is into self-preservation, but it makes him look disloyal and it makes Jack look like an ass. Don't sacrifice Gibbs, Jack!!!! You need him!

T.Maria
Kevin mcnally (gibbs) thought that Gibbs was getting shunted in DMC for another character, because he was getting all the good lines instead of gibbs.

Isnt it great how they care about their characters, and what they're characters are doing???

Well, in the end that character ended up getting killed neways in the cannibal island sequences lmao!! big grin

I LOVE GIBBS!!!!!! big grin big grin big grin

I think he is possibly my second favourite character in POTC big grin

1.jack
2.Gibbs
3.Marty
4. Cotton (I think the man who plays him has a very good range of facial expressions lmao!)
5.pintel

willofthewisp
Was he talking about the Indian guy that answered "keys unlock things?" That's the only crew member I can think of that died that also had some speaking parts. Gibbs is way too cool to be upstaged, though. He's much smarter than his rum flask would have him appear too. He knows the kraken's coming back for more.

T.Maria
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Was he talking about the Indian guy that answered "keys unlock things?" That's the only crew member I can think of that died that also had some speaking parts. Gibbs is way too cool to be upstaged, though. He's much smarter than his rum flask would have him appear too. He knows the kraken's coming back for more.

yeah the indian guy.

Kevin got all worried that gibbs was being cast out...bless him!! big grin

who on gods green earth could cast him out??

Chiki Mina
hmm

willofthewisp
What else about Gibbs? We shouldn't let this thread die. Ooh! I have a thoughtful question.....of sorts....

Do you think Gibbs has ever had a family? Like maybe he at one time had a wife but she died?

lovethemtigers
there's not much known about Gibbs...I was always curious..and maybe someday we will get answeres..but how is it that GIbbs is with Elizabeth when they are crossing the ocean from England..he appears to be a British Sailor...and then 8 years later he is reunitied with jack in tortuga..and he says not much is known about jack before he became captain of the pearl..in dmc we learn that jack made a deal thirteen years prior to bring back the Pearl with Davy Jones...so...if DMC is one year later...that's thirteen minus nine...leaves four years....oh my head hurts...just how and when did Gibbs and Jack get to be so trusting and loyal with each other...Gibbs couldn't have sailed with jack...becaues 8 years prior he was a british sailor and jack had already lost the Pearl to Barbossa...just wonder does anybody know or have an explanation???

willofthewisp
Okay, I did a timeline of Jack's life. Let's try to mix it with Gibbs

13 years before COTBP: Assuming Jack is 22 here, somehow employed by EITC, branded a pirate, makes deal with Jones to captain Black Pearl

10 years before COTBP: Assuming Jack is 25 here, captain of Black Pearl, decides to listen to Barbossa that "visiting Island of Marooned Death" in the summer is a good idea.

8 years before COTBP: Little Elizabeth Swann and little Will Turner leave England pursuing a warmer climate and vengeance. PARALLEL TIMELINE: Gibbs is somehow an employee of the navy. Soldier or not, we don't know. We just know he wears a Donald Duck hat. He could know pirates and/or have dealings with pirates at this point. He seems shady.

COTBP: Assuming Jack is 35 here. Comes to Port Royal, makes new friends, wins back ship, kills bad guy. PARALLEL TIMELINE: Somehow in these years, Gibbs had to have met Jack and sailed with him in order to be Jack's first mate.

1 year after COTBP: DMC. Jack goes psycho, almost dies, falls in love, and then dies

lovethemtigers
Okay, I did a timeline of Jack's life. Let's try to mix it with Gibbs

13 years before COTBP: Assuming Jack is 22 here, somehow employed by EITC, branded a pirate, makes deal with Jones to captain Black Pearl

10 years before COTBP: Assuming Jack is 25 here, captain of Black Pearl, decides to listen to Barbossa that "visiting Island of Marooned Death" in the summer is a good idea.

8 years before COTBP: Little Elizabeth Swann and little Will Turner leave England pursuing a warmer climate and vengeance. PARALLEL TIMELINE: Gibbs is somehow an employee of the navy. Soldier or not, we don't know. We just know he wears a Donald Duck hat. He could know pirates and/or have dealings with pirates at this point. He seems shady.

COTBP: Assuming Jack is 35 here. Comes to Port Royal, makes new friends, wins back ship, kills bad guy. PARALLEL TIMELINE: Somehow in these years, Gibbs had to have met Jack and sailed with him in order to be Jack's first mate.

1 year after COTBP: DMC. Jack goes psycho, almost dies, falls in love, and then dies

laughing out loud yep..that pretty much sums it up...

willofthewisp
So somehow in that eight years, Gibbs had to have lost his legitimate job or quit it, met up with Jack, made a strong enough working relationship/friendship with him that they started having adventures together, and wound up first mate of the Pearl. Sweet gig.

Chiki Mina
hmm..another idea for a fic.

lovethemtigers
i would assume they met in Tortuga...wouldn't you guys?

IheartPocky
Gibbs is Liz's long lost grandfather. On the mother's side, of course.

Chiki Mina
It is possible that Gibbs escaped for the same reasons that Jack did. To run away from Beckette wink

It is possible that Beckette was going to brand Gibbs the P for not following orders. But Gibbs managed to escape and landed in the first place that he found.

Most likely Gibbs and Jack met in tortuga.

savvysparrow
I think the writers said that Gibbs lost his job because of his drinking problem.

AudioHeart
So Gibbs is definantely Liz's long lost grandfather??? Soo many possibilities...

Hey Chiki, I just noticed underneath your siggy, whats "sarrabeth" or is that supposed to say sparrabeth? confused

willofthewisp
That fits, too. Chiki has brought up an interesting point: what if Jack isn't the only one who was an EITC-guy turned pirate? What if a bunch of people decided they didn't want to be part of it anymore and were all branded pirates? That would give a lot of people pretty strong motivation to fight in this upcoming AWE battle.

AudioHeart
So, if your not with the EITC, you are automatically branded a pirate?

willofthewisp
Well, not exactly, but if Jack got branded a pirate for refusing to transport slaves (if that's true) then I'm sure other people felt that way. There were a lot of abolitionists who didn't believe in slavery and most were willing to sacrifice their jobs for it. I just wonder if more than just Jack went through that.

lovethemtigers
But Beckette was still in England.....or was he...just when was Jack Branded....about 14 years ago.....do you think perhaps Beckett was in the Caribbean then went back to England a few years later and became "Lord" Beckett...Gov. Swann remembers him..but I think he is fresh from England at the beginning of DMC, or am I wrong?

Gov. Swann says "Cutler Beckett?"
And Beckett responds, "That's Lord, now"

what an ambitious cuss....
I can't wait to see what this story reveals...just what went on between jack and beckett and what Brand did Jack leave on Cutler....

Now, back to Gibbs...I think Norrington may have released him for his drinking problem.....Gibbs was serving under the Commodore on the Dauntless...so he goes to Tortuga during those 8 years and meets up with jack..and they forge some kind of friendship..but then Jack has to continue on his quest to regain the Pearl back from Barbossa...knowing what we know now...maybe it would have been in Jack's best interest to leave the Pearl with Barbossa....

lovethemtigers
okay...here are some pictures of Jack with Mr. Cotton and Mr. Cotton's Parrot....that relationship is very funny...Jack is so cute....

http://i12.tinypic.com/2d91rwz.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/47afyfd.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/2qta6iv.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/4c0vs6e.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/2pzmn92.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/2ed5fub.jpg

lovethemtigers
I love it how Mr. Cotton's bird tells him to Mind The Boat and the silly Parrot goes into Tia's cabin with Jack and the rest of the crew and Mr. Cotton stays on the boat...that part is cute...

And then at the end when Tia asks who is willing to back in search of jack...the bird says "I"....for Mr. Cotton

and on Canibal Island when he tells Will "Don't eat me"

and when he tells jack to walk the Plank...and Jack says, and points his pistol at the bird..."What did the bird say?"

willofthewisp
Aw, I'd start a Mr. Cotton thread, but we know even less about him.

lovethemtigers
Aw, I'd start a Mr. Cotton thread, but we know even less about him.

laughing all we know about him is that his tongue was cut out.....poor Mr. Cotton....

willofthewisp
He's so expressive too, which is funny and sad. He's probably this genius that no one ever takes seriously because his bird talks for him. How does the bird talk for him, I ask you? Answer: He freakin' taught that bird! Genius at large.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by AudioHeart
So Gibbs is definantely Liz's long lost grandfather??? Soo many possibilities...

Hey Chiki, I just noticed underneath your siggy, whats "sarrabeth" or is that supposed to say sparrabeth? confused

LMAO

Fixed it stick out tongue

You didn't see anything. *puts sunglasses on and flashes out AudioHeart's memory*

Hums*here comes the men in black*

ivebeendepped43
lol!!!!

willofthewisp
Long lost grandfather? She wishes. So I'm guessing you mean he is her mother's father and not her dad's, right?
That would be so cool, though.

Chiki Mina
hehe.

Gibbs: Lizzy, I'am your grandpapi.

aniron
glad to see so much gibbs appreciation!

willofthewisp
Taking off of what chiki started:

Gibbs: Lizzie, I'm your grandpappy.

Liz: Yay! Story time all the time! But first, (throws his flask into the sea)

Gibbs: Noooo!

Chiki Mina
Liz: Grandpappy, do you remember when I was born.

Gibbs: Aye. Let good ol' grandpappy Gibbs tell you the story. Places Liz on his lap

Liz: Tell me, grandpappy.

Gibbs: You were brought up by sea turtles.

willofthewisp
LOL! That was perfect!

IheartPocky
lol i just made that up. I thought it would be sweet big grin he already acts like her granpa. or Uncle smile

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
LMAO

Fixed it stick out tongue

You didn't see anything. *puts sunglasses on and flashes out AudioHeart's memory*

Hums*here comes the men in black*

LMAO LMAO LMAO!!! laughing

ivebeendepped43
gibbs rox.....yay!

willofthewisp
Wonder what amazing story he'll tell in AWE. He told us about the sea turtles and the kraken and T&T love giving him stories, so we're bound to here another one.

(Jack and Gibbs step out onto the pier)

Gibbs: I'm going to tell a story.

Jack: All right! (they do their friendship fist thing)

Gibbs: This is the tale of the banshees Scarlett and Giselle.

(Jack makes horrified face, Gibbs thinks it's because of the story)

Scarlett and Giselle (appear behind Gibbs): Yoo hoo! What are you guys talking about?

Gibbs: Gah! Uh, pirate things best left unsaid. (shoos them away)

Jack (turns): I think I'll just board now...

Gibbs: Where are you going?

Jack: I was, was, uh, (sighs) nowhere.

ivebeendepped43
lmao!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.