Donkervoort!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
Man look at this guy! Looks like a modernized Lotus 7. It's the Donkervoort D8 270 RS. It may not look much, but it actually has the second fastest time around the nurburgring (The Radical SR8 has the fastest). Teh awsomez!

http://www.donkervoort.nl/images/cars/D8-270RS/3.jpg

Puzzle
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Man look at this guy! Looks like a modernized Lotus 7. It's the Donkervoort D8 270 RS. It may not look much, but it actually has the second fastest time around the nurburgring (The Radical SR8 has the fastest). Teh awsomez!

http://www.donkervoort.nl/images/cars/D8-270RS/3.jpg

Plymouth Prowler on steroids.

AngryManatee
Here's another sweet pic rolling on floor laughing

http://news.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/DONKERVOORT_DSC02508.jpg

DeathReaper
now thats a roadster O_o

AngryManatee
indeedily-doo

Mywi
i wouldnt rest me ass in that funny car.. sick ever

Strangelove
Ugh. Cars are so boring

AngryManatee
what would you rest your ass on?

Strangelove
what would you rest your ass on? I would respond bu you make no sense

AngryManatee
that was meant for Mywi, but concerning your statement, have you ever driven an exciting car before? It will change your whole perspective on how an automobile should be.

Mywi
what would you rest your ass on?
A Moose. ninja

Strangelove
that was meant for Mywi, but concerning your statement, have you ever driven an exciting car before? It will change your whole perspective on how an automobile should be. I own a '91 Toyota Camry. But that doesn't make me think that any of the others cars you've posted are any special.

Mywi
that was meant for Mywi, but concerning your statement, have you ever driven an exciting car before? It will change your whole perspective on how an automobile should be.
theres this awesome invention called le quickquote that prevents confusion in threads.... ermmnone

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Strangelove
I own a '91 Toyota Camry. But that doesn't make me think that any of the others cars you've posted are any special.

Toyota Camry's aren't very exciting to drive.

Puzzle
Originally posted by Mywi
A Moose. ninja

Kinky. ninja

Strangelove
Toyota Camry's aren't very exciting to drive. So? It does its job. The purpose of a car is to get from one place to another. Any other meaning that other people try to give it is superfluous and stupid

AngryManatee
So? It does its job. The purpose of a car is to get from one place to another. Any other meaning that other people try to give it is superfluous and stupid

If that's your opinion, then why not drive a Stanley Steamer to work? Please at least testdrive a sporty car (with a stick shift) before you make silly statements like that. My cousin used to have that same opinion, until I took him for a ride in my car. First thing he says after the drive is "Wow. Now I know why people buy these kinds of cars."

Strangelove
If that's your opinion, then why not drive a Stanley Steamer to work? Please at least testdrive a sporty car (with a stick shift) before you make silly statements like that. My cousin used to have that same opinion, until I took him for a ride in my car. First thing he says after the drive is "Wow. Now I know why people buy these kinds of cars." Remarkably, I don't care. All I require out a car is two things: a) it won't kill me and b) I can listen to music.

Decent gas mileage is a plus too.

AngryManatee
boooooooring

Mywi
Originally posted by Puzzle
Kinky. ninja

The only thing Im good at. ninja cry

Strangelove
boooooooring Caring about cars is just as boring and twice as idiotic

AngryManatee
Caring about cars is just as boring and twice as idiotic

Again that's just your personal opinion. Cars are amazing pieces or engineering. It's nice that you don't care about them, but you shouldn't bash people who do since it's people who do care about cars that keep your car running, which is not a simple task anymore with all of the electronics in cars nowadays.

Strangelove
Again that's just your personal opinion. Cars are amazing pieces or engineering. It's nice that you don't care about them, but you shouldn't bash people who do since it's people who do care about cars that keep your car running, which is not a simple task anymore with all of the electronics in cars nowadays. Really? Because by calling my lack of interest in cars boring, you bashed me and those who don't feel the same way as you.

Dreampanther
Really? Because by calling my lack of interest in cars boring, you bashed me and those who don't feel the same way as you.

If I drove a Toyota Camry I'd be bored with cars too.

But since I have had the privilege of being taken for a few spins in an AC Cobra - I'm not.

I like the power, the adrenaline and the speed. I like being in control of a car that can keep up with a bike and that requires you to concentrate completely and totally - and that allows you to to test your limits.

I like being in a car that will purr if you stroke it, and growl when you push it.

I like being inside a machine that is the culmination of passionate people working together to create something sublime, beautiful and wonderful.

I also like bikes.

AngryManatee
Really? Because by calling my lack of interest in cars boring, you bashed me and those who don't feel the same way as you.

It's only proper that I do it since you are posting in a thread about a topic which does not even interest you. I'm as opinionated as you are about things that pique my interest, and I find your view on cars as only requiring minimal performance qualities to be boring, and also biased since you apparently haven't driven a car that puts you in the back of your chair. You listen to the stereo in your car. I do sometimes, but most of the times I relish in the mechanical sounds of the engine coming alive, the valve noise when the the valve-timing opens the intake valves longer, and the sounds of the transmssion and differential engaging and synchronizing. I love cars, hence I made this thread showing off an amazing piece of automotive art. To think that I wouldn't reply arrogantly to your statements in a forum about a performance car is childish.

Dreampanther

Why can I not get the performance specs on this car - it's annoying! All I can find is that it does 0 - 100 kph in under 4 seconds - that does not give me enough info! mad

Do you know where I can get the performance specs? I would like to compare it with the Lotus, the Koenigsegg and the Bugatti - it looks like an absolutely brilliant car to drive! And I actually like the looks as well...

Strangelove
It's only proper that I do it since you are posting in a thread about a topic which does not even interest you. I'm as opinionated as you are about things that pique my interest, and I find your view on cars as only requiring minimal performance qualities to be boring, and also biased since you apparently haven't driven a car that puts you in the back of your chair. You listen to the stereo in your car. I do sometimes, but most of the times I relish in the mechanical sounds of the engine coming alive, the valve noise when the the valve-timing opens the intake valves longer, and the sounds of the transmssion and differential engaging and synchronizing. I love cars, hence I made this thread showing off an amazing piece of automotive art. To think that I wouldn't reply arrogantly to your statements in a forum about a performance car is childish. I've got an idea. Why don't you make one thread about cars instead of a bunch of them every month? Then I'll leave you alone.

This is not a 'forum' about a 'performance car.' This is a thread. and you've made a hell of a lot of them. And it's annoying.

And another thing. If you feel that you have a right to act arrogantly anywhere, then there is something wrong with you.

AngryManatee
I've got an idea. Why don't you make one thread about cars instead of a bunch of them every month? Then I'll leave you alone.

This is not a 'forum' about a 'performance car.' This is a thread. and you've made a hell of a lot of them. And it's annoying.

And another thing. If you feel that you have a right to act arrogantly anywhere, then there is something wrong with you.

This is an off-topic forum that we're in, and I will act as arrogantly as I please towards people posting their opinions about stuff they have no interest in. You pretty much asked for conflict by coming in and posting here. Arrogance over stupidity imo.

Strangelove
This is an off-topic forum that we're in, and I will act as arrogantly as I please towards people posting their opinions about stuff they have no interest in. You pretty much asked for conflict by coming in and posting here. Arrogance over stupidity imo. It's not stupidity. It's an opinion.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Why can I not get the performance specs on this car - it's annoying! All I can find is that it does 0 - 100 kph in under 4 seconds - that does not give me enough info! mad

Do you know where I can get the performance specs? I would like to compare it with the Lotus, the Koenigsegg and the Bugatti - it looks like an absolutely brilliant car to drive! And I actually like the looks as well...

Yeah I can only find acceleration tests, but no lateral acceleration sad. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has a lot of lateral acceleration to beat the Porsche Carrera GT by such a large margin.

AngryManatee
It's not stupidity. It's an opinion.

I didn't say your opinion was stupid, I said that the fact that you came into this thread and posted your "I don't care" opinion was stupid.

Strangelove
I didn't say your opinion was stupid, I said that the fact that you came into this thread and posted your "I don't care" opinion was stupid. No, it really wasn't. Just because you think that doesn't make me true. And I was tired of all the car threads you were making.

AngryManatee
lol

Test here to see if you're a born Donkervoort driver

AngryManatee
No, it really wasn't. Just because you think that doesn't make me true. And I was tired of all the car threads you were making.

Actually it was quite stupid. Concerning my car posts, free to not click on them. Simple as that.

Strangelove
Actually it was quite stupid. Concerning my car posts, free to not click on them. Simple as that.

AngryManatee
Ugh. Cars are so boring

Negative remark in a car thread= conflict. Don't peg me as being the only arrogant one in this thread.

Strangelove
Negative remark in a car thread= conflict. Don't peg me as being the only arrogant one in this thread. I'm not arrogant. I was expressing an opinion.

AngryManatee
"Ugh. Cars are so boring" is a far cry from a respectable opinion. If you had said something on the line of "Eh cars aren't really my thing" then I wouldn't have a problem. I'd be cool with that. It's a neutral response. But instead, you chose the first statement, and made a pompous ass of yourself. "Ugh. Cars are so boring"

Ugh. The shit you like is boring.

AngryManatee
On that note i'm off to bed, since I have adderall-induced studies to perform tommorow.

Strangelove
"Ugh. Cars are so boring" is a far cry from a respectable opinion. If you had said something on the line of "Eh cars aren't really my thing" then I wouldn't have a problem. I'd be cool with that. It's a neutral response. But instead, you chose the first statement, and made a pompous ass of yourself. "Ugh. Cars are so boring"

Ugh. The shit you like is boring. And how do you know what I like? What right do you have to make any judgment on what I like?

I fail to see anything truly exciting about cars. I see no difference between computer geeks who argue about the RAM specs or harddrive of their computers and car freaks and their cylinders and how fast the can get to 60 mph. It's stupid.

And no, cars are not my thing. And therefore, they are boring. To me. I was not making a blanket statement that cars are actually boring. People who like cars are fine with me. Usually when someone makes a statement like "Dells are a stupid computer", or "Sports are stupid" or "classical music is boring", it's generally well-known that they are meaning that that is a personally held belief rather than a fact. And the fact that you didn't know that is really amusing.

AngryManatee
What right do you have to make any judgment on what I like?

Thx

Strangelove
Thx My point is that you don't even have any idea what I like.

AngryManatee
Whether I knew what you like was not the point. The reaction I got from it was.

Strangelove
Whether I knew what you like was not the point. The reaction I got from it was. The fact of the matter remains: You like luxury cars. I find them boring. I have nothing against cars in general. They're fantastic inventions. And I have nothing against you for liking cars.

But you have no clue what I like, so calling what I like boring was nothing more than a potshot

AngryManatee
The fact of the matter remains: You like luxury cars. I find them boring. I have nothing against cars in general. They're fantastic inventions. And I have nothing against you for liking cars.

But you have no clue what I like, so calling what I like boring was nothing more than a potshot

No that is a matter of interpretation, in which you chose to not get the message that I had intended to deliver even after the fact that I explained it.

Strangelove
No that is a matter of interpretation, in which you chose to not get the message that I had intended to deliver even after the fact that I explained it. Oh no, I knew what you were saying, didn't make what you said any less irrelevant.

AngryManatee
And thus you fail to understand the meaning of my "potshot," and I grow tired of this petty crap. Thus I leave with this final statement : That Donkervoort is awsome!

Strangelove
And seeing as how this is a thread about sports (not luxury) cars, I'm tired of debating over petty crap, and I'm ending it with this statement : Damn that Donkervoort is amazing! Luxury sports car. Po-tay-to po-tah-to roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kongu Dude
There's already a car Thread.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
There's already a car Thread.

Yeah.

This seems to be more a thread about whether you should come into a thread you have no interest in and complain about how boring it is to you.

Personally I think that's a waste of time and a bit of mental masturbation - but it seems to titillate Strangelove. (Is there a Smiley for bemused?)

Guess strange love is an accurate description...

Strangelove
Yeah.

This seems to be more a thread about whether you should come into a thread you have no interest in and complain about how boring it is to you.

Personally I think that's a waste of time and a bit of mental masturbation - but it seems to titillate Strangelove. (Is there a Smiley for bemused?)

Guess strange love is an accurate description... roll eyes (sarcastic) My part in the discussion was limited to me expressing an opinion until AngryManatee chose to make a big deal out of it. Your characterization of me is wildly inaccurate. You know nothing about me, so shut it.

Kongu Dude
Yeah.

Guess strange love is an accurate description...
Yes, this thread should be moved into the car Thread.

Dreampanther
roll eyes (sarcastic) My part in the discussion was limited to me expressing an opinion until AngryManatee chose to make a big deal out of it. Your characterization of me is wildly inaccurate. You know nothing about me, so shut it.

Touched a sensitive point, have I?

I'm curious, which was it?

-The complaining about stuff you have no interest in?
-The wasting of time?
-The mental masturbation?
-The odd titillation?

And ordering me to shut it on a thread where you are you are arguing so vociferously for your right to express an opinion again leaves me bemused...

Strangelove
Touched a sensitive point, have I?

I'm curious, which was it?

-The complaining about stuff you have no interest in?
-The wasting of time?
-The mental masturbation?
-The odd titillation?

And ordering me to shut it on a thread where you are you are arguing so vociferously for your right to express an opinion again leaves me bemused... There is no mental masturbation, no odd titillation. Your blatant mischaracterization of me is what pisses me off. It's not an opinion that you're expressing. It's an insult.

Dreampanther
So? It does its job. The purpose of a car is to get from one place to another. Any other meaning that other people try to give it is superfluous and stupid

This is an insult.

This is an opinion.

Strangelove
This is an insult.

This is an opinion. I said the meaning that people try to give it is stupid, not the people doing it. Get your facts straight doped

Dreampanther
I said the meaning that people try to give it is stupid, not the people doing it. Get your facts straight doped

Fact: You wrote: "The purpose of a car is to get from one place to another. Any other meaning that other people try to give it is superfluous and stupid"

Fact: You therefore contend that only the meaning you attach to a car has worth, and that any other meaning people choose to attach to a car is "superfluous and stupid".

Fact: You therefore have no regard for any meaning or opinion besides your own.

Fact: You therefore imply your contempt for this forum, since this forum was established to invite people to share their different opinions and values.

Are my facts straight now?

Strangelove
Fact: You wrote: "The purpose of a car is to get from one place to another. Any other meaning that other people try to give it is superfluous and stupid"

Fact: You therefore contend that only the meaning you attach to a car has worth, and that any other meaning people choose to attach to a car is "superfluous and stupid".

Fact: You therefore have no regard for any meaning or opinion besides your own.

Fact: You therefore imply your contempt for this forum, since this forum was established to invite people to share their different opinions and values.

Are my facts straight now? yawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.