The Illuminati 1 on 1 with Infinity Gems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
All the Illuminati with the Infinity Gem they wield versus one another.

Iron Man - Reality Gem

Reed Richards - Power Gem

Black Bolt - Space Gem

Dr. Strange - Soul Gem

Namor - Time Gem

Xavier - Mind Gem

Fight starts in on the moon with no interference form other and they all get access to there gems simultaneously!

Bouboumaster
You are giving the mind gem to one of the most powerful telepath? :P

Entity
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
You are giving the mind gem to one of the most powerful telepath? :P

I'm not giving it to him. He already has it! cool

guy222
Originally posted by Entity
All the Illuminati with the Infinity Gem they wield versus one another.

Iron Man - Reality Gem

Reed Richards - Power Gem

Black Bolt - Space Gem

Dr. Strange - Soul Gem

Namor - Time Gem

Xavier - Mind Gem

Fight starts in on the moon with no interference form other and they all get access to there gems simultaneously!

IM can change reality

Brian Oswald
Do they know how to use their gem?

Martian_mind
Strange takes all their souls.

charlemagne9746
lol...this could be good. I think the wielder of the power gem would be the first to go. The others could take him out without touching him. I think it comes down to whoever collects the most gems. Whomever takes out Richards is gonna pick that power gem up...giving that person two gems....that will be hell to compete with. There is no telling who will win this.

Xavier could perhaps convince the others to hand over their gems to him if he activates his gem first...lol....this fight has so many scenarios.
If Namor can stop time with his gem before the others activate theirs....he could go around and collect the other gems....no one could stop him after that.

Bouboumaster
It would be crazy if Blackbolt could get the power gem, lol

TricksterPriest
Dr. Strange will win this regardless. HE STOOD UP TO THE COMBINED IG FOR AWHILE! eek! He can certainly beat all the gems individually, and he's probably good enough to use the soul gem without getting his own sucked. I'll find the scan of him taking the mind gem off Moondragon's head after a point blank full power mindblast, putting on his own, and then one-shotting her.

Edit: found it. http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4927/warlockandtheinfinitywayy1.jpg

They are sooooo screwed.

Utrigita
Who is that guy ???

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Utrigita
Who is that guy ???

That is Strange. He's kind of like Dr. Strange but different. If I'm not mistaken, he's something like a magical copy of Dr. Strange who was supposed to defend Earth while Dr. Strange was gone.

Symmetric Chaos
Either BB or Namor

A full on scream from 10,000 directions at the same moment will liquify everybody.

Alternately if Namor stops time can can smash his far more brittle ex-comrades with one punch.

IMO its which of those two strikes first.

basilisk
Stopping time, teleport BFR, altering reality, soul stealing etc - there's too much to choose from. But based on Strange's powerset and past feats I'd go with him.

I think they should have given Richards the Reality Gem and Iron Man the Power Gem...

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Either BB or Namor

A full on scream from 10,000 directions at the same moment will liquify everybody.

Alternately if Namor stops time can can smash his far more brittle ex-comrades with one punch.

IMO its which of those two strikes first.

Not true, as we saw when Adam Warlock used the infinity gems on Doc Strange - Time and Space are all but ineffective for him.

Strange takes this. Fairly easily, too.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Not true, as we saw when Adam Warlock used the infinity gems on Doc Strange - Time and Space are all but ineffective for him.

Depends on the way that they are used.

Adam used the time gem to teleport Strange.

I can see BB using it to blitz him with screams.

Soljer
Depends on the way that they are used.

Adam used the time gem to teleport Strange.

I can see BB using it to blitz him with screams.

That'd be cool.

You know, if Black Bolt HAD the time gem, stick out tongue.

Seriously, though. Nothing really stops Strange from going incorpreal, and then being totally immune to Black Bolt's screams.

Doc Strange could probably win this WITHOUT the benefit of an infinity gem.

However, WITH one...he most certainly wins this.

Donkey Punch
Strange, the only one who controls a meta physical attribute

Transcendant >>>>>>> reality

Symmetric Chaos
That'd be cool.

You know, if Black Bolt HAD the time gem, stick out tongue.

TimeGem nothing. With the space gem Runner was moving before he even knew he wanted to move. BB will seem to be everywhere at once.

Seriously, though. Nothing really stops Strange from going incorpreal, and then being totally immune to Black Bolt's screams.

Doc Strange could probably win this WITHOUT the benefit of an infinity gem.

However, WITH one...he most certainly wins this.

I was betting on the speed advantage from the SpaceGem negating the incorporeality possibility.

Donkey Punch
TimeGem nothing. With the space gem Runner was moving before he even knew he wanted to move. BB will seem to be everywhere at once.

I was betting on the speed advantage from the SpaceGem negating the incorporeality possibility.

Originally posted by Donkey Punch
Strange, the only one who controls a meta physical attribute

Transcendant >>>>>>> reality

Symmetric Chaos

Reality and Mind can also be taken as metaphysical.

Besides I don't think he would have the chance to use it.

Soljer

But no one said that they'd have mastery over their gems.

The Runner was ACCIDENTALLY appearing instantaneously. There is no evidence to say that Black Bolt could do any better.

Symmetric Chaos
But no one said that they'd have mastery over their gems.

The Runner was ACCIDENTALLY appearing instantaneously. There is no evidence to say that Black Bolt could do any better.

ermm Darn. What if Tony kills everybody with a random thought?

I guess if they haven't had time to master them Strange would have the advatage of experience with the mystical and pseudo mystical.

Donkey Punch

Ok I suggest you look up the word meta physical.

Reality by intrinsic NAture cannot be meta physical.

The mind is the conduit between the physical (The brain) and the meta physical (The soul).

Meta physical >>>> Physical.

Time does not apply to the meta physical.

Soljer
ermm Darn. What if Tony kills everybody with a random thought?

I guess if they haven't had time to master them Strange would have the advatage of experience with the mystical and pseudo mystical.

Not to mention the fact that he's used the soul gem in the past.

Also; the reality gem is power less without backing from the other gems.

Symmetric Chaos
Ok I suggest you look up the word meta physical.

Reality by intrinsic NAture cannot be meta physical.

Then none the Gems, being a part of nature in Marvel, are metaphysical.

The RealityGem can defy reality anyway.

Donkey Punch
Then none the Gems, being a part of nature in Marvel, are metaphysical.

The RealityGem can defy reality anyway.

So your suggesting the soul is part of the physical ?

Interesting.

smile

Symmetric Chaos
So your suggesting the soul is part of the physical ?

Interesting.

smile

The gem itself is physical.

Since the soul can be manipulated by the gem (an apparently physical object) either the soul is physical in Marvel or some how the SoulGem bridges the gap between the normal and the abstract (which would be awsome IMO)

Donkey Punch
The gem itself is physical.

Since the soul can be manipulated by the gem (an apparently physical object) either the soul is physical in Marvel or some how the SoulGem bridges the gap between the normal and the abstract (which would be awsome IMO)

And therefore >>>>> to all the others that reside in the physical. smile

Either that you give me proof that the sould is part of the physical.

Symmetric Chaos
And therefore >>>>> to all the others that reside in the physical. smile

Not necessarily.

The mind is a largely abstract concept itself. The RealityGem can alter natural laws and do basicly what ever the wielder desires making its wielder for more powerful than someone with the SoulGem. The TimeGem can also be argued as making its weilder more powerful since with sufficient power it can negate ones opponent for having a chance to react.

Either that you give me proof that the sould is part of the physical.

laughing out loud

Donkey Punch
Not necessarily.

The mind is a largely abstract concept itself. The RealityGem can alter natural laws and do basicly what ever the wielder desires making its wielder for more powerful than someone with the SoulGem. The TimeGem can also be argued as making its weilder more powerful since with sufficient power it can negate ones opponent for having a chance to react.

laughing out loud

The soul is transcendual and not part of the physical and therefore superior to the mind.

smile

Either that or you give me proof that the soul is part of the physical.

Symmetric Chaos
The soul is transcendual and not part of the physical and therefore superior to the mind.

The mind is transcendental as well. It has no real tie to the physical that the soul doesn't have. Both are basicly abstract concepts of the smae kind of thing. IMO there was no reason for the IG to have both power over mind and power of the soul.

Donkey Punch
The mind is transcendental as well. It has no real tie to the physical that the soul doesn't have. Both are basicly abstract concepts of the smae kind of thing. IMO there was no reason for the IG to have both power over mind and power of the soul.

No the mind is the souls connection to the brain, therefore pseudo transcendual, unless you are talking about 'real life' where they are basically the same thing.

Symmetric Chaos
No the mind is the souls connection to the brain, therefore pseudo transcendual, unless you are talking about 'real life' where they are basically the same thing.

How do you prove the mind is the connection of the soul to the brain?

Donkey Punch
How do you prove the mind is the connection of the soul to the brain?

You prove that the mind is meta physical and i'll do that ? smile

Symmetric Chaos
You prove that the mind is meta physical and i'll do that ? smile

The mind is thought. Thought is metaphysical.

Donkey Punch
The mind is thought. Thought is metaphysical.

Why would they need a soul then ? smile

ExodusCloak
Couldn't "thought" just be seen as electrical impulses?

Strange ftw though.

SpunkySmurph
The soul is intimately who you are
The mind is the meta-physical commanding the physical (thoughts telling you what to do, etc.)

So, I would say Punch is right.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The soul is intimately who you are
The mind is the meta-physical commanding the physical (thoughts telling you what to do, etc.)

So, I would say Punch is right.

ermm Do you have scans of things the SoulGem has been used to do?

SpunkySmurph
ermm Do you have scans of things the SoulGem has been used to do? Not on hand.
But, look at it this way:

In the MU, when a "soul link" is made between two people (I believe Adam Warlock has done it), they know all the expieriences, emotions and feelings the other person has ever felt.

With a mind link, you simply know what they're thinking currently. It gets more powerful, because you can mindrap, etc.

But, offhand, that's the best comparison I could think of.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Not on hand.
But, look at it this way:

In the MU, when a "soul link" is made between two people (I believe Adam Warlock has done it), they know all the expieriences, emotions and feelings the other person has ever felt.

With a mind link, you simply know what they're thinking currently. It gets more powerful, because you can mindrap, etc.

But, offhand, that's the best comparison I could think of.

Gotcha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.