surfer (current upgrade NEWS) vs thanos and darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking

bigbran

lionking
HE IS IF HE TAKES OUT Tenebris and Aegis WHO ARE BOTH MORE POWERFULL THEN THEN DARKSEID AND THANOS COMBINED THEN HE WOULD BE

bigbran
Originally posted by lionking
HE IS IF HE TAKES OUT Tenebris and Aegis WHO ARE BOTH MORE POWERFULL THEN THEN DARKSEID AND THANOS COMBINED THEN HE WOULD BE When?
Because he certainly hasn't done it in comics...

Also, while Surfer is an unknown... Thanos is also, in case you're forgetting...

juggernaut66666
Have you forgot that current Surfer got pwned by Aegis?

lionking
LOOKS LIKE THEY GOING TO HAVE A REMATCH

bigbran
LOOKS LIKE THEY GOING TO HAVE A REMATCH STOP TYPING IN CAPS!

lionking
dont get mad get wink wink

Skeets
Originally posted by bigbran
STOP TYPING IN CAPS!
SHUT UP *****!!!!! GOD!!!!!!!!!!

lionking
surfer if he beats these to power houses that would show how much of an upgrade he got

nvrbeenwthagirl
surfer if he beats these to power houses that would show how much of an upgrade he got

YOu do realize that Thanos had an upgrade and is an unknown factor and DS is being written back to his precrisis Days and beyond. He's doing things as if he had the ALE and come to find out, he may not even have it. Either of stone faces will still take out surfer.

xmeat
jobbersid would slow thanos down so surfer wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by xmeat
jobbersid would slow thanos down so surfer wins.

You are an idiot which knows no bounds. Did you just read what I said goofy? have you picked up any books with DS in them lately? OR are you going to keep a hard on for something that happened years ago?

Soljer
I can't wait to see Galactus sit back and go "I'm impressed" whilst watching the Surfer.

However, it hasn't happened yet...so...

Surfer is one-shotted by either of these two.

lionking
so if he beats these two then u will say he could beat thanos and darkseid combined

thats the deal take it or leave it

lionking
y is it superman does not get one shoted and surfer does.

and we all no what surfer would do to any version of superman

nvrbeenwthagirl

Um come into the year 2007. That is all I have to say.

Symmetric Chaos

Superman has protection by the source.

Some versions of Superman not all of them.

celestialdemon
Silver Surfer loses every time.

janus77
whoa.
when's the comic due?

oh and come on, Surfer can survive a couple of blows from these guys. he's toast yes, but not "one shotted"...

until he bests the Gods... team for the win.

King Kandy
Either of these guys alone can thrash him.

I mean, they are both Skyfathers for christs sake!

Bouboumaster
Surfer would discover pain in his ass.

lionking
so if surfer beats any one of these two he is on skyfather level

lionking
galactus is beyond skyfather level. and Tenebris and Aegis are equal to him. so surfer beating these two would mean what.

cool cool cool rock rock

UniOmni
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Superman has protection by the source.

Some versions of Superman not all of them.

When has Supermans connection to the Source been revealed as a factor in his fights with Darkseid?

Curious, is all.

For a forum rumor that gets touted so much, somebody MUST have seen the scans right?

Validus
Sorry hater but DS beats Surfer.

lionking
thats untill till surfer beats Tenebris and Aegis

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Sorry hater but DS beats Surfer.

He probably does beat Surfer for the majority.

I'd just wouldn't say it was impossible for Surfer to get one or two wins.

And i'd still like to see the scan or at least be given an issue number that outlines how Supermans connection to the Source is what enabled his win over Darkseid.

Until then, it's in the same boat as the Superman Prime beating up the devil for Lois's soul in hell, and him wielding the Sword of Superman, which turned out to be the Sword of Zauriel.

Validus
Juntai or Avalon posted the scan before I believe so you should ask them.

And DS wins all day, everyday hater.

UniOmni
IIRC, they posted the scan that was from the trial of Superman, where it said that Superman was necessary to the Source.

Not a secret by any means.

What i want to see, is where it connects Superman being important to the Source, with Superman beating Darkseid. Thats all.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
IIRC, they posted the scan that was from the trial of Superman, where it said that Superman was necessary to the Source.

Not a secret by any means.

What i want to see, is where it connects Superman being important to the Source, with Superman beating Darkseid. Thats all.
I know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to figure out why it bothers you so much that Superman is more powerful than the Surfer. embarrasment

batdude123
I know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to figure out why it bothers you so much that Superman is more powerful than the Surfer. embarrasment

SHAZAM!!!

UniOmni
Jelly.......is that you?

Superman is certainly a peer to Surfer in power. Classic Surfer of course.

But i'd never say he was more powerful, even over prepowerup Surfer.

And i just want this claim that the connection to the Source is what allowed Superman to beat Darkseid substantiated for once, or kill it entirely.

Surfer vs Darkseid ME...........Surfer 3/10.

Everyone else, NOPE, DARKSEID 190/10!!

Me: Why, Superman beat him three times....

Them: Supermans connection to the Source allowed him to beat Darkseid@!! FANBOY, with a MARvel baiese!!

Me: Let me see the scans where it connects the Superman and source mantra..................thread dies.

batdude123
Jelly.......is that you?

Superman is certainly a peer to Surfer in power. Classic Surfer of course.

But i'd never say he was more powerful, even over prepowerup Surfer.

And i just want this claim that the connection to the Source is what allowed Superman to beat Darkseid substantiated for once, or kill it entirely.

Surfer vs Darkseid ME...........Surfer 3/10.

Everyone else, NOPE, DARKSEID 190/10!!

Me: Why, Superman beat him three times....

Them: Supermans connection to the Source allowed him to beat Darkseid@!! FANBOY, with a MARvel baiese!!

Me: Let me see the scans where it connects the Superman and source mantra..................thread dies.

Oh... and of course:

Supes>>>J'onn

Validus
Surfer as a peer to the Man of Steel? In you dreams Marvel fanboy. laughing out loud

Superman beat a universal reality manipulator straight up in Dominus. Dominus would probably beat Galactus much less the Surfer.

UniOmni
True.

But J'onn can make a fight of it, and even take the majority if he fights him like he did in Trial by Fire.

See Vally, the fanboy talk is making you illiterate. It's in "your" dreams, not "in you dreams".

Dominus would first have to get inside the mind of Galactus to work his "Reality manipulation on a universal scale" hocus pocus.

And Surfer beat the unilord, lets see Superman do the same.

Validus
True.

But J'onn can make a fight of it, and even take the majority if he fights him like he did in Trial by Fire.
J'onn would whoop Surfer's ass too. Superman considers J'onn a peer which means he's close in power and obviously above the Surfer.

UniOmni
Superman to the league......

"J'onn is the most powerful being on Earth.

Superman to the World.............

The Silver Surfer is the most powerful being i've ever faced, and that includes Darkseid and Imperiex....

Lois: What about Dominus?

Superman: Dominus...........?? The ghost guy who lost to the kryptonian equivalent to the Jedi mindtrick?! HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Next question please?

Lois Lane: How Does Imperiex stack up to Galactus?

Superman: Imperiex, the nippleheaded douche who got beaten by a boomtube, vs Galactus, the fleshed out original cosmicgod??

No comparison................and he'd eat OA too, and his after dinner flatulence would eradicate the entire 7200 GL corp army.

No more questions please........

And vally losT!@@!!

Validus
Does your joking masks the tears of defeat knowing that Superman would put Surfer in a grave with that Jedi mind trick?

UniOmni
It's debateable that Surfer wouldn't be able to see through the hoopla with his cosmic awareness.

And the mere fact that Superman had to get an altogether whole new plotdevice power to beat Surfer, because his classic powerset just doesn't cut the mustard makes me laugh at the absurdness of it all.

My hero is bigger than your hero.

My hero turns your hero into a turnip, bright green for the inside joke.

My hero burns your hero with hv.

My hero takes Supernovas and flies through suns, hv won't be a problem.

My hero is strong enough to ko your hero.

My hero has taken beatings by the strongest hero in his universe, someone who's made dimensions rumble and cosmos disappear, and he's didn't say ouch.

My hero just got a brand new power where he can influence the theta state, and manipulate reality for the win.

My hero laughs at the fact that your hero wasn't getting the job done with the powers he had from his conception, and had to get a whole new power, 60 years after his creation.

My hero...................shutup!!

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
YOu do realize that Thanos had an upgrade and is an unknown factor and DS is being written back to his precrisis Days and beyond.

Rubbish

He's doing things as if he had the ALE and come to find out, he may not even have it.

I've read seven soldiers and that is crap. smile

batdude123
True.

My work here is done. smokin'

J'onn has Trial by Fire... and Superman has... well... just about every other JLA arc.

Validus
It's debateable that Surfer wouldn't be able to see through the hoopla with his cosmic awareness.
Surfer =/= Genis-Vell

It's a shame Marvel killed the one character who could keep Superman busy for more than a few minutes.

And the mere fact that Superman had to get an altogether whole new plotdevice power to beat Surfer, because his classic powerset just doesn't cut the mustard makes me laugh at the absurdness of it all.

His classic powerset does cut it. He could easily put Surfer through a few planets anytime he felt like it. You act like Surfer is Green Lantern or something. laughing out loud

UniOmni
Superman isn't shown beating the League up though.

And J'onn did it before, while holding back in his own series years before Sacrifice.

Batshit, owned!

Validus
Superman isn't shown beating the League up though.
You must read comics with your eyes closed.

UniOmni
Surfer =/= Genis-Vell

It's a shame Marvel killed the one character who could keep Superman busy for more than a few minutes.

His classic powerset does cut it. He could easily put Surfer through a few planets anytime he felt like it. You act like Surfer is Green Lantern or something. laughing out loud

Venom is still alive and well Vally.

His classic powerset is what made him almost always regarded as the loser against Surfer.

And he could put Surfer through a few planets.

Or Surfer could create a blackhole, and blast his ass into it and unconscious.

And Surfer isn't GL.............he trumps GL.

Donkey Punch

I have a feeling your pissed, or high or something. smile

You stated the other day that All star Supes wouldn't have a chance against Photon, and u have just stated the Surfer to be on even settings. smile

Plus you're saying things like 'Superman hater ' as if thats an insult to anyone over the age of five. smile

UniOmni

Better than reading them wide open, with all that ghey green lantern shit going on.

And J'onn beating up a possessed league in his own title, >>Superman getting rid of J'onn first, and then scrambling the rest of the league with diversive tactics only to get owned by Wondy a bit later.

J'onns record against the League with no outside power ups, trumps Supermans.

Go away nightlight man.

Donkey Punch.........he's being sarcastic.
The bright green glow emanating from his pants likely makes it hard to tell.

batdude123
Superman: Imperiex, the nippleheaded douche who got beaten by a boomtube, vs Galactus, the fleshed out original cosmicgod??

Galactus, the pink giant fagg0t who's been beaten by *ahem*...

Quasar
Thor
Guardian
Alpha Flight
Dr. Strange
The F4

For being the "original cosmicgod," he sure does get shafted a lot. smokin'

Big Sexy
Why don't you guys just reopen the Superman vs SS thread seeing how thats were this one seems to be going.

Validus

His classic powerset is what made him almost always regarded as the loser against Surfer.

And he could put Surfer through a few planets.

Or Surfer could create a blackhole, and blast his ass into it and unconscious.

And Surfer isn't GL.............he trumps GL.
Wow, great strategy. When has a black hole ever been trouble for Superman? Last I checked he escaped a double black hole with ease and trapped one in his hand momentarily. Put down the haterade buddy.

As for Surfer trumping GL? Not a chance. GL's actually beaten Superman before whereas Surfer can't even beat Thor one on one. laughing out loud

Donkey Punch
Better than reading them wide open, with all that ghey green lantern shit going on.

That has to be the most pitiful retort i have ever read.

Go away nightlight man.

Nah sorry this is ....

Are u two just winding us all up ? confused

UniOmni
Ah, the benefits of having a built in weakness to excuse all low showings.

Go away batshit......either that, or really join the debating at SHC. You might actually debate there.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Galactus, the pink giant fagg0t who's been beaten by *ahem*...

Quasar
Thor
Guardian
Alpha Flight
Dr. Strange
The F4

For being the "original cosmicgod," he sure does get shafted a lot. smokin'
Seriously man. Galactus isn't even worthy to clean the JLA Watchtower. laughing out loud

UniOmni
Wow, great strategy. When has a black hole ever been trouble for Superman? Last I checked he escaped a double black hole with ease and trapped one in his hand momentarily. Put down the haterade buddy.

As for Surfer trumping GL? Not a chance. GL's actually beaten Superman before whereas Surfer can't even beat Thor one on one. laughing out loud

He escaped a double blackhole with aid from that monster creature.

And he didn't hold a blackhole.

He reinforced the container that was compromised.

GL beats Superman, Majestic beats GL.

Surfer trumps them all.

Donkey Punch
Ummm .... what a strange thing to say

He's as invulnerable as Surfer is.

He's not invulnerable.

He appears to be, but then, to ants we're like gods.

It's all relative, is what i'm saying.

Validus
He escaped a double blackhole with aid from that monster creature.
Wrong. Superman simply flew out of the black hole by himself.

And he didn't hold a blackhole.

He reinforced the container that was compromised.
The container was broken and Superman held it shut. It's the same thing.

GL beats Superman, Majestic beats GL.

Surfer trumps them all.
Majestic never beat GL liar. Put down that hater juice.

batdude123

Right... the reason DC writers gave Superman Torquasm-Vo was because they felt that he was inadequate compared to Silver Surfer.

laughing out loud

My hero turns your hero into a turnip, bright green for the inside joke.

Right... because it's not like Superman successfully resisted the transmutation of Blaze... a magical skyfather character. smokin'

My hero takes Supernovas and flies through suns, hv won't be a problem.

If Superman's hv is strong enough to sever the limbs of The General, Surfer better watch out.

My hero has taken beatings by the strongest hero in his universe, someone who's made dimensions rumble and cosmos disappear, and he's didn't say ouch.

Because it's not like Hulk has had trouble with Spider-man, and has had trouble supporting a mountain. RIGHT?!! laughing out loud

My hero laughs at the fact that your hero wasn't getting the job done with the powers he had from his conception, and had to get a whole new power, 60 years after his creation.

My hero laughs at the fact that Norrin doesn't have a dick... and then proceeds to pwn him.

smokin'

Big Sexy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k97OyPy0d8
My heroes pwn both stick out tongue

just felt like postin it

Accel
Every one knows that Surfer's highest moments are things that Superman does daily.

Uni's in hater's denial.

batdude123
Ah, the benefits of having a built in weakness to excuse all low showings.

Go away batshit......either that, or really join the debating at SHC. You might actually debate there.

SHC = teh suckage!!!

UniOmni
Wrong. Superman simply flew out of the black hole by himself.

The container was broken and Superman held it shut. It's the same thing.

Majestic never beat GL liar. Put down that hater juice.

I'll admit if wrong about the blackhole instance.....but you doubt Surfer could open the blackhole, and then blast him unconscious and let the gravity do the rest?

I'm sure kyle lent him his ring because he thought it'd be the first step to friendship?

And to Batshit

Blaze wasn't a skyfather level character.

She's no more powerful than Loki, unless you consider him to be a skyfather?

The general is made up of the same stuff as the shaggyman, who was pretty much super charged plastic.

Superman was laid out by a small boy in War or Pain of the Gods.

Norrin can uncoat himself, and then make horizontal music.

Soujaboy

You make it seem as if being bested by Thor is a low showing.confused

Imo a battle between Surfer and a high end GL could go either way.

batdude123

So is Karnak and Storm IIRC.

smokin'

Accel
Originally posted by Soujaboy

GL's don't need to be high end to beat Surfer or Thor.

batdude123
Blaze wasn't a skyfather level character.

She's no more powerful than Loki, unless you consider him to be a skyfather?

Then I guess people take down the wizard Shazam everyday of the week.

srug

The general is made up of the same stuff as the shaggyman, who was pretty much super charged plastic.

Yeah... even though he took the full assault from Orion's astro force without any damage.

Validus
I'll admit if wrong about the blackhole instance.....but you doubt Surfer could open the blackhole, and then blast him unconscious and let the gravity do the rest?
As if Surfer's pathetic blasts of energy could KO Superman? The guy who took Shazam's lightning and kept coming for more? crylaugh

I'm sure kyle lent him his ring because he thought it'd be the first step to friendship?
It's possible. Even Major Force got Kyle's ring off....after Kyle handed it to him. We all saw what Kyle did to Major Force later. Took his damn head off with ease.

Validus
Originally posted by Soujaboy

If by high end you mean a GL who just got his/her ring that day, sure.

batdude123

Another instance concerning Superman with a blackhole was when he flew at light speed through one of them. smokin'

Surfer tries to blast him? BAM! Intangible. shifty Then it's T-Vo time.

UniOmni
As if Surfer's pathetic blasts of energy could KO Superman? The guy who took Shazam's lightning and kept coming for more? crylaugh

It's possible. Even Major Force got Kyle's ring off....after Kyle handed it to him. We all saw what Kyle did to Major Force later. Took his damn head off with ease.

I love how a Superman amped by eclipso taking magical blasts from Shazam is supposed to make Superman look good.

And i guess Majestic forgot to give it back, so Superman was forced to ask for it back after Kyle and the rest of the league pussied out?

Accel
I wonder what would happen to Surfer if Superman tried rubbing his hands together...?

batdude123
If by high end you mean a GL who just got his/her ring that day, sure.

crylaugh

batdude123
I love how a Superman amped by eclipso taking magical blasts from Shazam is supposed to make Superman look good.

I didn't realize that when Eclipso possessed someone, their durability increased.

Not to mention Surfer doesn't have access to magical lightning from a skyfather, so this statement is moot.

And i guess Majestic forgot to give it back, so Superman was forced to ask for it back after Kyle and the rest of the league pussied out?

Superman>>>Captain Atom>>>Majestic

smokin'

Validus
There was no amp there. Look at this way. Superman and Mon-El stalemated in the 90s. Later, Superman defeated an Eclipsed Mon-El so if anything, Eclipso just makes Daxamites/Kryptonians weaker because of their problem with magic. smile

Yes? Superman is the most powerful person in the JLA. Kyle without his ring is the weakest. Common sense here champ. Give Kyle his ring and he takes down some 2nd rate Superman clone with one blast from the ring.

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
I wonder what would happen to Surfer if Superman tried rubbing his hands together...?
Superman has a fresh can of silver paint.

UniOmni
There was no amp there. Look at this way. Superman and Mon-El stalemated in the 90s. Later, Superman defeated an Eclipsed Mon-El so if anything, Eclipso just makes Daxamites/Kryptonians weaker because of their problem with magic. smile

Yes? Superman is the most powerful person in the JLA. Kyle without his ring is the weakest. Common sense here champ. Give Kyle his ring and he takes down some 2nd rate Superman clone with one blast from the ring.

So he amps everbody else but Super aliens?

And i think the point of Superman beating an eclipsed Mon-El, is that Superman was powerful enough to do so.

You're reaching man.

And GL is the most powerful member of the JlA. Tho, that just shows how weak they are as a team.

UniOmni
Batshit and Vally??

OWNED!

Symmetric Chaos
And GL is the most powerful member of the JlA. Tho, that just shows how weak they are as a team.

WHA!!!!!!!!!

Even if GL was thier best how would having no one better than a GL mean they're a weak team?

Validus
So he amps everbody else but Super aliens?
Super aliens that have a problem with MAGIC? Yes, don't see why that's so hard to believe. You don't think Captain Marvel could actually catch a punch from a full power Superman do you?

And i think the point of Superman beating an eclipsed Mon-El, is that Superman was powerful enough to do so.

You're reaching man.
Of course he was powerful enough. I mean, you wouldn't see a chump like Silver Surfer beating a Daxamite anytime soon but Mon-El was still less impressive than their previous encounter.

Even if you think Green Lantern is more powerful than Superman ( laughing out loud ), he isn't Green Lantern without his power ring now is he?

And if GL came to Marvel Earth he'd be by far the most powerful person there. Just shows how weak Marvel is.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Are you stupid or what? have you seen what the Gl's can do? Their feats are remarkable. They do shit Gods and Abstracts do. STopping time, absorbing planet's worth of souls, holding big bangs. You must be an idiot or something.

Accel
Oh snap, Uni's being owned by every one, including Nvr!

Big Sexy
When did all the children overrun KMC?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Where u been? nvr has been proving himself to be wealth of knowlege. Most of things said about me being wrong, have to some degree been disproven or expelled as myth.

Accel
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Children? On a comic forum?

Never!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Big Sexy

3 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, 43 minutes ago

batdude123

Of course.... but Surfer couldn't replicate that feat.

Kyle>>>Norrin

JLA>>>Defenders

smokin'

xmeat
surfer would own supes, GL, and MM anyday of the week.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Surfer would get 6/10 On Supers. He would get 5.5 on Jonn. And maybe 5/10 on the best Gl's. But one thing is for sure, he is no where near as strong as SUperman nor MM. THey would crack his shell if they get thier hands on him.

batdude123
Where u been? nvr has been proving himself to be wealth of knowlege. Most of things said about me being wrong, have to some degree been disproven or expelled as myth.

You've improved.

Let's leave it at that.

Big Sexy
Children? On a comic forum?

Never! And a bunch of old ass children at that.

xmeat
Surfer would get 6/10 On Supers. He would get 5.5 on John. And maybe 5/10 on the best Gl's. But one thing is for sure, he is no where near as strong as SUperman nor MM. THey would crack his shell if they get thier hands on him. yeah roll eyes (sarcastic) surfers been hit by thanos, thor, hulk, drax, beta ray bil oh and tyrant yeah supes and j'onn would decimate him if they hit him.

Validus
What do you expect from a guy who tries defending Marvel by dissing Superman? If Superman was so lame, why is Marvel so adamant about having their own version of him? Gladiator? His real name is Kallark for petes sake! The Sentry? His latest bio just mentioned that he was formerly a writer. Sound familiar to anyone? laughing out loud

batdude123

laughing out loud @ this piece of shit.

nvrbeenwthagirl
yeah roll eyes (sarcastic) surfers been hit by thanos, thor, hulk, drax, beta ray bil oh and tyrant yeah supes and j'onn would decimate him if they hit him.

Let's see, Thanos pimp Smacks. Thor isn't as strong as either as far as I'm concerned. Let's see surfer take a hammer to the head tho. That would be something different. Hulk, not as strong. Drax doesn't know how to fight at least not when he was dumb. Beta ray, I have to see it. And tyrant plays patticake with them. He wasn't trying to kill anyone. Same way thanos does.

UniOmni
Are you stupid or what? have you seen what the Gl's can do? Their feats are remarkable. They do shit Gods and Abstracts do. STopping time, absorbing planet's worth of souls, holding big bangs. You must be an idiot or something.

And you're too stupid to see what's been going on for the past few pages.

batdude123
The Sentry? His latest bio just mentioned that he was formerly a writer. Sound familiar to anyone? laughing out loud

Plus the "S" on his chest? And the reference to being "faster than a speeding bullet?"

laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
And you're too stupid to see what's been going on for the past few pages.
LOL, I dont' have to read the past few pages to see an idiot make a dumb comment. You made a dumb comment.

Validus
Plus the "S" on his chest? And the reference to being "faster than a speeding bullet?"

laughing out loud
Don't forget the wife with "LL" as her initials. Super powered pet dog. laughing out loud

xmeat
Let's see, Thanos pimp Smacks. Thor isn't as strong as either as far as I'm concerned. Let's see surfer take a hammer to the head tho. That would be something different. Hulk, not as strong. Drax doesn't know how to fight at least not when he was dumb. Beta ray, I have to see it. And tyrant plays patticake with them. He wasn't trying to kill anyone. Same way thanos does.
WM thor
hulk so far has better strength feats than MM
Tyrant owned several people who are supes level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
WM thor
Tyrant owned several people who are supes level.

Wait. Wait. Hulk has better strength feats Than MM?

confused

UniOmni
Of course.... but Surfer couldn't replicate that feat.

Kyle>>>Norrin

JLA>>>Defenders

smokin'

Surfer isn't so limited to mundane means that he'd have to slug it out with Monny.

He'd simply call up some lead, and watch the alien whimper.

Kyle>>>Norrin?

Only on battleboards.

JLA>>> Defenders?

Truth, since its an actual team, instead of various people who come together to fight and squabble.

And to Vally.........I never said that i love all things Marvel.

Surfer>>Superman though.

And J'onn is stronger than baseline Surfer, but he's not walking over him physically.

xmeat
Wait. Wait. Hulk has better strength feats Than MM?

confused duh duh duh hulks punched timestorms pulled the sakaar planet back together.
MM pulling a third of earth just aint enuogh to say he's stronger than huc.

batdude123
Don't forget the wife with "LL" as her initials. Super powered pet dog. laughing out loud

It's also hilarious that Stan Lee's favorite character is Superman after writing for Marvel for so many years. laughing out loud

MARVEL HAS SUPERMAN ENVY!!!

UniOmni

laughing out loud

LOL indeed.

S on the chest?

indeed............

Go take anatomy ya gimp!

Accel
The "S" would look beter on the chest than on Sentry's abdomen like a WWE champion's belt.

nvrbeenwthagirl
duh duh duh hulks punched timestorms pulled the sakaar planet back together.
MM pulling a third of earth just aint enuogh to say he's stronger than huc.

Do the math. I did it. and someone else was kind enough to come and explain it scientifically. Mathmatically speaking. Johnn pulled the equivelant of at least 30 earths. And that is being generous. It probably is higher than that.

Validus
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1317/sentry2sm4.png

WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT POSE BEFORE?!?

batdude123
Surfer>>Superman though.

(Seriously now)

Yeah, he is, but it's not by the large amount most people on here seem to think.

nvrbeenwthagirl
(Seriously now)

Yeah, he is, but it's not by the large amount most people on here seem to think.

Surfer is more versatile. But STorm is more versatile than Wonder WOman. But Wonder Woman has Storm beat on Power out put. It's about power output as well. Superman has just as much power out put as surfer. But he doesn't have the versatility. Which is really what gives surfer the win.

Badabing
(Seriously now)

Yeah, he is, but it's not by the large amount most people on here seem to think. Would you say:

Surfer>>>Superman

Surfer>>Superman

Surfer>Superman

Surfer=/>Superman

Surfer durfist Superman?

UniOmni
I look at it like this Batdude.

Superman is 4 feet wide, and a mile deep.

Surfer is 25-30 feet wide, and a mile deep.

That makes a much bigger hole anyway you look at it.

Superman wins a few because of his formidability, and Surfer's lack of it.

But if you were to compare their powersets, and had to chose between either, i bet you'd chose Surfer 8/10.

Look at what Doom did with the power of Surfer, and it grows even more lopsided.

And to Vally, you know you don't consider Superman to be more powerful than GL.

I knew you were kidding, but let NVR and Symetric shit know too.

batdude123
Surfer is more versatile. But STorm is more versatile than Wonder WOman. But Wonder Woman has Storm beat on Power out put. It's about power output as well. Superman has just as much power out put as surfer. But he doesn't have the versatility. Which is really what gives surfer the win.

I've always said that versatility != power.

nvrbeenwthagirl

But if you were to compare their powersets, and had to chose between either, i bet you'd chose Surfer 8/10.

Look at what Doom did with the power of Surfer, and it grows even more lopsided.

Why is he letting me know it? Superman has never been more powerful than a GL in my book.

Validus
I agree with nvr (*shudder*) where he talks about power output. If you put Surfer and Superman side by side and tell them to destroy X amount of shit, they'd both do just fine but Surfer might do it in a fancier way so to speak.

Symmetric Chaos

Thats one fuked up analogy

I wasn't thinking of Superman as necessarily being the most powerful.

What exactly does a GL do against mindrape from Jonn?

Soleran
I agree with nvr (*shudder*) where he talks about power output. If you put Surfer and Superman side by side and tell them to destroy X amount of shit, they'd both do just fine but Surfer might do it in a fancier way so to speak.

Superman blows up planets?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soleran

Fly through them?

It was a moon but he's done it before.

Flame On!!
Fly through them?

Yes, he went through it at 18x lightspeed after Luthor won the election. smile

-FO!!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Fly through them?

IT's not like he can't just chuck a moon at a planet and blow it up.

Validus
I see no reason why he couldn't based on his various feats of destruction. Thor's never blown up a planet but I think everyone assumes he could if he felt the need to.

Flame On!!

What exactly does a GL do against mindrape from Jonn?

The ring should protect him. Although it doesn't always, without PIS as this forum calls it the ring protects against TP.

-FO!!

Symmetric Chaos
IT's not like he can't just chuck a moon at a planet and blow it up.

He probably wouldn't even need a moon. Enough speed behind any sufficently sized object should be enough.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Flame On!!
The ring should protect him. Although it doesn't always, without PIS as this forum calls it the ring protects against TP.

-FO!!

Oh.

Thanks big grin

Validus
GL's have been shown to be pretty adept at telepathy themselves. John and Hal had a pretty impressive telepathic battle.

batdude123

I'm listening.

Okay... you completely lost me here.

Huh?

Can't argue with you there, but when you look at their high-end feats, and what they're capable of with those power sets, then it becomes more like Surfer 6-6.5/10 against Supers.

UniOmni

But mind you, i never said that versatility equals power.

What i said, is that when you look at the power both wield, and then compare their versatility, it edges things in Norrins favor by quite a bit.

I'd never say versatility alone => power, else i'd be saying that Tony Stark is more powerful than DD.

If Surfer and Superman are peers in raw power output, but one can do so much shit at high levels, aside from fly fast, shoot shit and take punches, the guy who can do the things above, plus so much other shit is easily the more powerful.

Superman = Fly fast, hit shit with physical power, durable too, shoot shit, icebreath and combine powers for microwave blasts and surgical hv applications.

Surfer = fly fast, hit shit with physical power, durable too, shoot shit, and evolve planets, individual evolutions, shields, phasing, time manipulation, gifting other people with power, energy absorbtion, planet wide emps, molecular control, TP/Cosmic awareness......the list goes on.

Dude is pretty much J'onn level strength, elite class durability, mixed with firestorm and GL. All at planetary levels.

He's the reason why people say that extremely powerful heroes are insanely difficult to write for, without jobbing or writing them down.

bigbran
WM thor
Tyrant owned several people who are supes level. Pis personified?

Umm... no. Also doesn't mean he isn't going to kick his ass.

And Surfer too...

nvrbeenwthagirl
But mind you, i never said that versatility equals power.

What i said, is that when you look at the power both wield, and then compare their versatility, it edges things in Norrins favor by quite a bit.

I'd never say versatility alone => power, else i'd be saying that Tony Stark is more powerful than DD.

If Surfer and Superman are peers in raw power output, but one can do so much shit at high levels, aside from fly fast, shoot shit and take punches, the guy who can do the things above, plus so much other shit is easily the more powerful.

Superman = Fly fast, hit shit with physical power, durable too, shoot shit, icebreath and combine powers for microwave blasts and surgical hv applications.

Surfer = fly fast, hit shit with physical power, durable too, shoot shit, and evolve planets, individual evolutions, shields, phasing, time manipulation, gifting other people with power, energy absorbtion, planet wide emps, molecular control, TP/Cosmic awareness......the list goes on.

Dude is pretty much J'onn level strength, elite class durability, mixed with firestorm and GL. All at planetary levels.

He's the reason why people say that extremely powerful heroes are insanely difficult to write for, without jobbing or writing them down.

I must correct you. Surfer is Not I repeat NOT firestorm mixed with a GL. any GL can do everything Firestorm can do and more. GL's can transmute Matter into energy and vice versa.

Validus
Yeah, I didn't much like that Firestorm + GL comment either. That's like saying someone's MA skills are like a combo of Batman and Robin. stick out tongue

xmeat
Pis personified?

Umm... no. Also doesn't mean he isn't going to kick his ass.

And Surfer too...

nah

yeah huc>>>.MM

UniOmni
Green Lantern is lucky they got compared to someone who might hold a piece of the ALE.

Take what you can get Vally.

bigbran
nah

yeah huc>>>.MM laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing
Indeed.

UniOmni
Hulk is stronger than MM.

He's not more powerful, unless he's at his mindless levels.

xmeat
laughing laugh all you want

Soleran
I see no reason why he couldn't based on his various feats of destruction. Thor's never blown up a planet but I think everyone assumes he could if he felt the need to.

I never thought that about Thorsmile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hulk is stronger than MM.

He's not more powerful, unless he's at his mindless levels.

He's not even remotely Stronger for at base lvls.

xmeat
laugh all you want

Validus
I never thought that about Thorsmile
You're in the minority.

UniOmni
He's not even remotely Stronger for at base lvls.

See, this is when the play on your screenname, never seems more fitting.

What's the point of debating the hulk, if you disregard the mantra that goes with him?

You do it to yourself sometimes, i swear.

nvrbeenwthagirl

What's the point of debating the hulk, if you disregard the mantra that goes with him?

What ever you say. I know I'm right. Hulk is no where near as strong as MM at base lvls. MM hangs with Supers and Punked the Ultraman. He's Rocked SBP. I know He's far stronger than Hulk's base lvl.

Donkey Punch

I agree, but your jokes and retorts are getting worse by the min. What kind of link was this ?

Donkey Punch
What ever you say. I know I'm right. Hulk is no where near as strong as MM at base lvls. MM hangs with Supers and Punked the Ultraman. He's Rocked SBP. I know He's far stronger than Hulk's base lvl.

The same is applicable to Jonn's base levels. He too has to increase his strength to be at Full potential.

UniOmni
He punked a weakened Ultraman, and hangs with the Supers.

And MM hitting SBP for a loop doesn't make SBP look any better.

As has Hulk in all the appearances with him and Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He punked a weakened Ultraman, and hangs with the Supers.

And MM hitting SBP for a loop doesn't make SBP look any better.

As has Hulk in all the appearances with him and Superman.

Hulk's base strength is somewhere around 100k? We dont know what jonn's is, But we could assume that Even if he were at 1/10 the lvl he was when he helped tow a third of the earth's weight against the sun's gravity, he would still be Far above the hUlk's calm 100k.

Donkey Punch
Hulk's base strength is somewhere around 100k? We dont know what jonn's is, But we could assume that Even if he were at 1/10 the lvl he was when he helped tow a third of the earth's weight against the sun's gravity, he would still be Far above the hUlk's calm 100k.

Has everyone put me on their ignore list or something ? smile

UniOmni

I can't impart to you just how much i hate people who try to quantify feats.

The same people who ruined the Flash feat from Trial by Fire(which by the way was shy of lightspeed), are the same who go crazy over formulas for joules and shit.

Dead that bs.

Just say wow and keep it moving. People like that just take the joy outta comics.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I can't impart to you just how much i hate people who try to quantify feats.

The same people who ruined the Flash feat from Trial by Fire(which by the way was shy of lightspeed), are the same who go crazy over formulas for joules and shit.

Dead that bs.

Just say wow and keep it moving. People like that just take the joy outta comics.

Actually, I just like to make the feat an actual feat by quantifying it, so when I argue how strong My girl, WW is, some woman hating, DC hating, tard can't say, nuh uh, Wonder WOman is low class 100. stick out tongue

UniOmni
Hulk clapped away cosmos.............the level of energy that would require, is easily superior to the output of four galaxies, which trumps Apok and New Genesis.

See how that shit annoys you?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hulk clapped away cosmos.............the level of energy that would require, is easily superior to the output of four galaxies, which trumps Apok and New Genesis.

See how that shit annoys you?

Not really. Apok and New Genesis are higher lvl wrealms which are far superior to any galaxies or event he 3rd dimension. ANyway, what the hell is a cosmos? I take that feat as PIS as its impossible to explain, or he tapped into the gamma field becuz it would take an extra dimensional energy source to do that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>