Official Deathly Hollows Discussion thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Pielover~
This is the official thread for Discussion of Deathly Hollows.

So yeah. Discuss.

Anyways, I just go tthis crazy idea that Ginny will be killed in book 7. But not by Voldemort. No, by SNAPE. Which will cause Harry to destroy him. That'll be fun.

Note: If we already have one, my bad. I'm too lazy to use search.

melane
I dont think we do.

~Pielover~
Originally posted by melane
I dont think we do. Woot! Score one for the Pielover!

The Phantom

H. S. 6
Originally posted by The Phantom
* JKR has said, "There is a character who does manage, in desperate circumstances, to do magic quite late in life, but that is very rare..."

I'm thinking Filch.

The Phantom
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'm thinking Filch. I guess but to what importance is it?

~Pielover~
You forgot, that at least two major characters are going to die.

The Phantom
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
You forgot, that at least two major characters are going to die. Eh. I just copied and pasted from Mugglenet. If it wasn't on there, not my problem.

Neha
I'm thinking Filch.
Me too!

..and something about Petunia Dursley might be..um..that she gave birth to a *cough* pig *cough*.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Neha
Me too!

..and something about Petunia Dursley might be..um..that she gave birth to a *cough* pig *cough*. Ha ha ha ha. No. Definition of a Squib. Someone who is born from a magic family but can barely do magic. What if this is the opposite? What if she does magic late in life? Doesn't make her a squib, now does it.

The Phantom
After my continuing of reading book 1, I've remembered the Wizard's Duel Malfoy challenged Harry to. I have a feel in book seven they will actually do the Wizard's Duel.

The Phantom
After my continuing of reading book 1, I've remembered the Wizard's Duel Malfoy challenged Harry to. I have a feel in book seven they will actually do the Wizard's Duel. Change that to Ron instead of Harry.

ADarksideJedi
I think someone said this but I think that Harry will die in this one because of them saying that one can't live while the other one is still alive.
Meaning Harry and Lord Volemont.(yea I said his name so sue me!)Jk!What do you guy's think?jm

The Phantom
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I think someone said this but I think that Harry will die in this one because of them saying that one can't live while the other one is still alive.
Meaning Harry and Lord Volemont.(yea I said his name so sue me!)Jk!What do you guy's think?jm Can I get the quote of that part of the prophecy? Because if it is "One can't live while the other is still alive"... Well think about it. Is Voldemort really alive?

The Phantom
Ron, in the first book, says he is going to be a knight on the chesseboard. Do you think something of the sort will happen in this book? Which he sacrifices his life also... Does this mean Ron will die? And possibly Hermione too through some sort of potion poisoning (though she lives, the whole potion thing may show that for once she is wrong and dies from it.) Hmmm... theories... theories.... What do you guys think?

ADarksideJedi
Yes he raisen from the dead in the forth book he came back.So acouse he is still alive just abit unform!JM

The Phantom
Yes he raisen from the dead in the forth book he came back.So acouse he is still alive just abit unform!JM He has not risen from the dead because he was never dead. He wasn't quite alive, but was not dead.

Nickey
Wow.
You guys have a lot of theories and information.
I'm so proud.
I think I'm gonna cry!crybaby

The Phantom
Originally posted by Nickey
Wow.
You guys have a lot of theories and information.
I'm so proud.
I think I'm gonna cry!crybaby blink

~Pielover~
Yes he raisen from the dead in the forth book he came back.So acouse he is still alive just abit unform!JM "Neither can live while the other survives."

Taken literaly, this means that "If Harry's alive, Voldemort must be dead, and vice versa."

Of course, not every prophecy in existance was fulfilled.

ADarksideJedi
I still think Harry is going to die a hero and I know he is the boy who lived but that does not mean that he will not be the boy who dead while kiling the dark Lord and saving everyone!jm

Englishpin@pple
RAB= reagulas A??? Black

harry is a horecrux (duh)

ron or hermoine dies *tear*

sirius has inhabitied the two way mirror

just thoughts....

Nickey
blink

hysterical

Lol
You reacted exactly the way I thought you would.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Englishpin@pple
RAB= reagulas A??? Black

just thoughts.... Regulas no proven, Harry is not the last horcrux I have personally despelled any thought of that (please read the thread entitled Horcruxes on the reason), Ron and Hermione dying I can see and I believe it was in here that they will die and why I think so but then again I don't have enough evidence to pass it.

ADarksideJedi
RAB= reagulas A??? Black

just thoughts....

I don't think Harry is or Ron or Hermonie dies.I am going to stick to harry dieing a hero after killing the dark lord acrouse!Sirius having the two way mirror is possible. When reading the book I thought the same thing.
Having him come back will be a copy off from "Lord of the RIngs" book so I hope that is not what she is planning through it would make me happy.Jm eek!

~Pielover~
Harry tried the two way mirror at the end of Phoenix, folks. Not happening.

ADarksideJedi
You never know it may happen.Maybe it works only some time but not all the time.This is harry potter we are talking about where anything could happen!jm

Englishpin@pple
I don't think Harry is or Ron or Hermonie dies.I am going to stick to harry dieing a hero after killing the dark lord acrouse!Sirius having the two way mirror is possible. When reading the book I thought the same thing.
Having him come back will be a copy off from "Lord of the RIngs" book so I hope that is not what she is planning through it would make me happy.Jm eek!

yep LOTR lol

Harry tried the two way mirror at the end of Phoenix, folks. Not happening.

the next book is susspose to tell us y ppl be come ghosts...

Regulas no proven, Harry is not the last horcrux I have personally despelled any thought of that (please read the thread entitled Horcruxes on the reason), Ron and Hermione dying I can see and I believe it was in here that they will die and why I think so but then again I don't have enough evidence to pass it.

I only say regulas b/c the intials add up i thuoght him or dumbledores

brother

The Phantom
Harry tried the two way mirror at the end of Phoenix, folks. Not happening. Well those mirrors are going to be seen in the next book.

siriuswriter

the next book is susspose to tell us y ppl be come ghosts...

I only say regulas b/c the intials add up i thuoght him or dumbledores

brother

I thought that Nearly Headless nick exlpained why people become ghosts at the end of Order of the Phoenix - when Harry was so desperate for a way to connect with Sirius, and wanting to know if Sirius would be a ghost.

Dumbledore's brother first name is Aberforth, though?

ADarksideJedi
We are supose to find out about ghost.In book two they really did not say much on it.Jm

The Phantom
We are supose to find out about ghost.In book two they really did not say much on it.Jm I believe in book 5, as siriuswriter said, Nearly Headless Nick explained a bit.

Neha
Yes,but(I think!) he said noone quite knew anything about how some people turn into ghosts while some dont.
I'm thinking,however,though that only the people who are mudered in a surprise turn into ghosts.Like Moaning Myrtle.

siriuswriter
To settle the ghosts argument a bit, I have pulled out OotP. This is a long quote, so sit back and relax, everyone.

D'ya read it? Mmkay.

I tried to get all the punctuation, italicizing, and everything right so meh if I have a typo or two.

After typing it about fifty times, this firmly reinforces my belief that Sirius is not coming back.

It also reinforces my belief that Order of the Phoenix is going to be our main source of information about ghosts, although Nick mentions the Dept. of Mysteries studies them, I don't think we're going to learn more about them. I think this is it folks. Shall we move on?

ETA: That looks so much smaller in the post than it felt when I was typing it all out... sad

ADarksideJedi
It always looks smaller.You still never know about the mirror through.Nothing is what is expected in those books so I would not be surprise if something comes up abot the mirror we do not know about.jm

fozzy2k5
You have to face the fact that sirius wont be coming back , harry will track down the horcruxes and will kill himself to rid them all of volemort. lupin and tonks will possibly marry. I think sometihing horrible will happen at the Bill-Fleur wedding , death eaters show up stuf like that

Englishpin@pple
hmmmm..... there all good arugments

but wat waz the veil????? did it really kill him

or stick him in limbo like mountegue in the closet when the weasley

twins stuffed him in there so since the other one waz

broken he waz stuck????? i dunno just another thought....

siriuswriter
The veil killed Sirius.

It killed him.

He's DEAD!!

DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!

Dumbledore's said it, Lupin's said it, Nearly Headless Nick's said it, Malfoy's said it, Bellatrix's said it. EVERYBODY'S SAID IT!!!

HE'S DEAD!!!

*resumes breathing*

~Pielover~
Well those mirrors are going to be seen in the next book. Yes, but most likelynot with Sirius. I figured it'd be a tool that Harry/Ron/Hermione/Ginny/Lupin? would use to communicate.

Neha
darn,just noticed that I just read this current page.

ADarksideJedi
I face that fact he is not coming back along time ago.But still we do know harry is going to die in this one right?All in argeement?jm

~Pielover~
I face that fact he is not coming back along time ago.But still we do know harry is going to die in this one right?All in argeement?jm No. There are signs that point to him living, and signs that point to him dying. I really don't care either way, because it's a book, but I just think writing 7 books, only to have the main character die at the end is some huge anticlimax. It's not exactly the best thing she could do. I'd rather have Cliche than anticlimax.

fozzy2k5
i agree with jm , harry is going to die because he will somehow have to kill himself to kill voldemort

~Pielover~
Originally posted by fozzy2k5
i agree with jm , harry is going to die because he will somehow have to kill himself to kill voldemort Impossible. The prophecy states that the only one who can rival Voldemort is Harry. Assuming the prophecy is right, if Harry were to die, or kill himself, Voldemort would still be alive. This would mean that Voldemort wouldn't be killed, and Harry and the Order would be defeated.

Harry also cannot be a Horcrux. Creating a Horcrux takes complicated magic. We don't know if it's a spell, or a potion, or maybe some type of emotion bond combined with a potion and a spell. We don't know the exact details. However, we do know that it's impossible for Harry to be a Horcrux, because he was never in the vicinity of Voldemort long enough for him to have made a Horcrux out of him, sparing the graveyard.

However,Harry would've noticed if part of Voldemort's soul was branded inside of him during Goblet. Also, Crazy V probably wouldn't make a Horcrux in front of anybody, regardless of their loyalty towards him.

So, in conclusion, Harry probably won't die, and he's not a Horcrux.

The Phantom
Impossible. The prophecy states that the only one who can rival Voldemort is Harry. Assuming the prophecy is right, if Harry were to die, or kill himself, Voldemort would still be alive. This would mean that Voldemort wouldn't be killed, and Harry and the Order would be defeated.

Harry also cannot be a Horcrux. Creating a Horcrux takes complicated magic. We don't know if it's a spell, or a potion, or maybe some type of emotion bond combined with a potion and a spell. We don't know the exact details. However, we do know that it's impossible for Harry to be a Horcrux, because he was never in the vicinity of Voldemort long enough for him to have made a Horcrux out of him, sparing the graveyard.

However,Harry would've noticed if part of Voldemort's soul was branded inside of him during Goblet. Also, Crazy V probably wouldn't make a Horcrux in front of anybody, regardless of their loyalty towards him.

So, in conclusion, Harry probably won't die, and he's not a Horcrux. I wont go on either side of the whole horcrux thing till I see details on what happened at Godric's Hollow. I wanna see what spell Voldemort used. (Just because it was green doesn't making it the killing curse.)

Neha
I agree.

~Pielover~
I agree. With...?

ADarksideJedi
Harry does not have to kill himself to kill the dark lord but it is possible that he will die after kililng Voldemort.Also to write seven books and to h ave the main chactor die at the end of the last book makes sence to me.
Alot of writters attend to do that.It is not un normal for the writter to kill the hero.I would not care if she did or not.Harry to me is not one of my favorites I go for the bad guys in books.No reason!jm

The Phantom
Harry does not have to kill himself to kill the dark lord but it is possible that he will die after kililng Voldemort.Also to write seven books and to h ave the main chactor die at the end of the last book makes sence to me.
Alot of writters attend to do that.It is not un normal for the writter to kill the hero.I would not care if she did or not.Harry to me is not one of my favorites I go for the bad guys in books.No reason!jm Never become a writer. Your grammar is horrible.

ADarksideJedi
I am a writter!Been writting since I was thirteen!You better keep your own advice!jm

The Phantom
I am a writter!Been writting since I was thirteen!You better keep your own advice!jm I'm a writer. And if that's the way your write... and if you get anything sent to be published... poor editors... They'd be spazzing out.

fozzy2k5
Impossible. The prophecy states that the only one who can rival Voldemort is Harry. Assuming the prophecy is right, if Harry were to die, or kill himself, Voldemort would still be alive. This would mean that Voldemort wouldn't be killed, and Harry and the Order would be defeated.

So, in conclusion, Harry probably won't die, and he's not a Horcrux.

Yes But What If The Prophercy Was Wrong !!

ADarksideJedi
I doubt it!Some of it had aready happen so I think it is far from being wrong!jm

fozzy2k5
I doubt it!Some of it had aready happen so I think it is far from being wrong!jm

Well What Parts Then?

ADarksideJedi
The one about Volemort and harry!jm

fozzy2k5
The one about Volemort and harry!jm

It could still be wrong because i read in another forum that harry must and i quote have to sacrifice himself to rebound the killing curse upon Voldemort thus ridding them all of Voldemort but also Harry

The Phantom
It could still be wrong because i read in another forum that harry must and i quote have to sacrifice himself to rebound the killing curse upon Voldemort thus ridding them all of Voldemort but also Harry That's pure poppycock theory.

fozzy2k5
That's pure poppycock theory.

Hey Dont Get Like That With Me Im Only Posting Things That I've Read And Believing

Spidervlad
Okey, first of all. JM, your speling sucks. Second of all, chances of Harry being the last Horcrux seem impossible to me.

Think of it! Voldemort killed Lily, James and then wanted to place a Horcrux in the exact same person who has the biggest chance of killing him? Remember, that once the spell backfired on Voldemort he almost died, and remained only as simple spirit or ghost.

Doing so, Voldemort put himself at risk of being competely killed. Anyone could have killed him at such a weak word. Adding to that, in Slughorn's memory we have also seen that in order for a Horcrux to be put into an object, then the caster has to say a special spell. Most of our evidence state that Voldemort used the Avada Kadavra spell on Harry. Thus his name as the only boy who has ever survived the killing spell.

And anyway, wasn't there a huge story about how J.K.Rowling finished the book, but then some critic or something who was important or something told Rowling that she shouldn't make a mistake such as that? And people think that the mistake that the critic was pointing at is that she killed someone important.

Neha
With...?
Phantom.We only saw the green light.
Yes But What If The Prophercy Was Wrong !!
I doubt that it would be.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I dont get this.If Harry had seen the curse then Hp should have been able to see the (oh..I forgot its name) animal that you can see only after you've seen death.I mean he did see his parents death.Didn't he?Then why couldn't he see them before his end-of-4th year

The Phantom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I dont get this.If Harry had seen the curse then Hp should have been able to see the (oh..I forgot its name) animal that you can see only after you've seen death.I mean he did see his parents death.Didn't he?Then why couldn't he see them before his end-of-4th year That last part has been answered somewhere on this forum. I don't remember what thread it was...

Neha
Ask Hermione thread?I'll look there.

ADarksideJedi
It could still be wrong because i read in another forum that harry must and i quote have to sacrifice himself to rebound the killing curse upon Voldemort thus ridding them all of Voldemort but also Harry

Any of what we put could be wrong.We are just guessing.It is almost impossible for us to b e right about everything, but maybe a possibly that we are right about other things!jm

Spidervlad
We can only use our knowledge of the 6 books so far to predict what happens. However, most of our knowledge is slanting into the direction that the prophecy won't be wrong, and that most probably Harry won't die.

siriuswriter
Although I agree with you on your first point, Spidervlad, I don't really think we have been given any clues as to whether Harry will die. Personally, I'm beginning to think he will, but that's based on what I think would be a good ending for the series, and not really what clues out of the book have been - like I said, there haven't really been many/all clues out of the book.

ADarksideJedi
I disargee I have to say it is right.Alot of stuff does point to the right direction of him dieing.What a way to end a book and harry potter is more of an adult book now then a kids.
Never the less the day the book comes out you can bet I wil be reading it!Then when everyone is finish we can see who is right or half right or wrong!jm

[=Luffyz=]

Superguy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I dont get this.If Harry had seen the curse then Hp should have been able to see the (oh..I forgot its name) animal that you can see only after you've seen death.I mean he did see his parents death.Didn't he?Then why couldn't he see them before his end-of-4th year a) They're called Thestrals.
b) As Jo herself said: he did not see them die. Harry was in his cot!

The Phantom
Originally posted by
Mugglenet FTW ^.^ Happy Dance Ftw?

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by
Mugglenet FTW ^.^ Happy Dance

Mugglenet sucks!Not even trust there words anyway.Go to JK Rowling.com her site that is more trustworty then that stupid site!jm smile

Neha
Mugglenet sucks!Not even trust there words anyway.Go to JK Rowling.com her site that is more trustworty then that stupid site!jm smile
Hmm,I like Mugglenet.

The Phantom
Mugglenet sucks!Not even trust there words anyway.Go to JK Rowling.com her site that is more trustworty then that stupid site!jm smile Wow. Respect goes down.

ADarksideJedi
Respect?You never respect me anyway so that means nothing to me!Anyway it is up to you guys to like them but I still trust JK Rowling site more then I do with that other site.jm

Syren
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Okey, first of all. JM, your speling sucks.

I love it when people do that, makes them look like the silly ones happy

And please don't respond with, "Oh, it was just a typo." There was no need to refer to her in your post.

Englishpin@pple
has any1 noticed that harrys scar is not on him on the cover

of the U.S ver.??

do u think he loses it b/c it waz a sign of

protection from his mum???

just a thought...

Neha
I noticed,but Dumbledore said that that was not the protection of his mum.It was given from the cruelest person in Earth,Lord Voldy-smort.
Originally posted by Syren

And please don't respond with, "Oh, it was just a typo." There was no need to refer to her in your post.
I agree.I was going to write something like that but never knew how to explain it in words.

Englishpin@pple
oh thanks

siriuswriter
has any1 noticed that harrys scar is not on him on the cover

of the U.S ver.??

do u think he loses it b/c it waz a sign of

protection from his mum???

just a thought...

If you look in the Cover Art thread, I've posted an inset of how you can see the scar. smile

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by siriuswriter
If you look in the Cover Art thread, I've posted an inset of how you can see the scar. smile

cool picture!jm

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Syren

Thank you no promblem someone makes the ignore list.jm eek!

siriuswriter

... Syren was just pointing it out... erm no expression

ADarksideJedi
Well you deserve a second chance I get.Just no more putdowns ok?Everyone has the right to there own stories of harry potter.Thanks.jm

Neha
Hmm..I was looking at your friends list and a couple of them has changed their names.
Emily Fletcher - MF13
ashle - Sunlight_shines.

~Pielover~
Well you deserve a second chance I get.Just no more putdowns ok?Everyone has the right to there own stories of harry potter.Thanks.jm She was pointing out how Spidervlad made spelling errors when criticizing your spelling.

ADarksideJedi
Hmm..I was looking at your friends list and a couple of them has changed their names.
Emily Fletcher - MF13
ashle - Sunlight_shines.

Oh thanks for the tip have to change that.Jm smile Want me to add you?jm

Neha
Oh thanks for the tip have to change that.Jm smile Want me to add you?jm
No Prob.Sure! happy

ADarksideJedi
Thank you!Can't change names through I have too many names and it will only take only a few but I am sure the members will not mind if I keep there old names!Thanks for telling me through.jm

Rapscallion
I think the best bet for what's going to happen is the theory of Harry being a horcrux. why else would Voldemort need Harry's blood to get his body back? If there was another way to get his body back such as a spell or potion he wouldn't have bothered with a horcrux to begin with. so that's the only real possibility as to how he came back. Also, you need to kill someone in order to split your soul, and i think (but am not sure) that it works better if you kill a more powerful wizrd or an enemy. That's why Voldemort went to the potters' house. He wanted to make a horcrux from the death of James who was an enemy, and, because he had heard the prophesy, he wanted the last horcrux to come from harry's death so that it would be the most powerful. That's why he said that Lily didn't have to die, he only wanted harry. It didn't work however. She sacrificed herself to save harry and harry survived, so, the last death voldemort used for a horcrux was harry's mother which is why Harry has some of voldemort's power, and, to garantee victory(supposedly) he made harry a horcrux because harry is the only one who can stop him he would need to be alive to kill him, but as long as he is alive, voldemort can't be killed.

Syren

Jackie, I was defending you hun. Spidervlad didn't need to refer to you in such a way so I stuck up for you erm

ADarksideJedi
I know you were.I copyed the wrong resond.Sorry about that.I would never report you.jm

Neha
Thank you!Can't change names through I have too many names and it will only take only a few but I am sure the members will not mind if I keep there old names!Thanks for telling me through.jm
confused Its spelled Neha.

ADarksideJedi
Oh I was abit tired last night did not see that.Sorry!jm

~Pielover~
Bump.

Neha
Originally posted by Rapscallion
I think the best bet for what's going to happen is the theory of Harry being a horcrux. why else would Voldemort need Harry's blood to get his body back? If there was another way to get his body back such as a spell or potion he wouldn't have bothered with a horcrux to begin with. so that's the only real possibility as to how he came back. Also, you need to kill someone in order to split your soul, and i think (but am not sure) that it works better if you kill a more powerful wizrd or an enemy. That's why Voldemort went to the potters' house. He wanted to make a horcrux from the death of James who was an enemy, and, because he had heard the prophesy, he wanted the last horcrux to come from harry's death so that it would be the most powerful. That's why he said that Lily didn't have to die, he only wanted harry. It didn't work however. She sacrificed herself to save harry and harry survived, so, the last death voldemort used for a horcrux was harry's mother which is why Harry has some of voldemort's power, and, to garantee victory(supposedly) he made harry a horcrux because harry is the only one who can stop him he would need to be alive to kill him, but as long as he is alive, voldemort can't be killed.
You dont need to kill anyone.Harry's not a Horcrux either.He needed Harry blood because he needed "Blood of Enemy"

~Pielover~
Originally posted by Rapscallion
I think the best bet for what's going to happen is the theory of Harry being a horcrux. why else would Voldemort need Harry's blood to get his body back? If there was another way to get his body back such as a spell or potion he wouldn't have bothered with a horcrux to begin with. so that's the only real possibility as to how he came back. Also, you need to kill someone in order to split your soul, and i think (but am not sure) that it works better if you kill a more powerful wizrd or an enemy. That's why Voldemort went to the potters' house. He wanted to make a horcrux from the death of James who was an enemy, and, because he had heard the prophesy, he wanted the last horcrux to come from harry's death so that it would be the most powerful. That's why he said that Lily didn't have to die, he only wanted harry. It didn't work however. She sacrificed herself to save harry and harry survived, so, the last death voldemort used for a horcrux was harry's mother which is why Harry has some of voldemort's power, and, to garantee victory(supposedly) he made harry a horcrux because harry is the only one who can stop him he would need to be alive to kill him, but as long as he is alive, voldemort can't be killed. That theory lacks so much validity it's not even mildly chuckle-worthy.

siriuswriter
That theory lacks so much validity it's not even mildly chuckle-worthy.

But it's worth a hilarious laugh of "Man, that's sad..."

goddess_susu
cummon guys, play nice!

my theory is that we're misreading the prophecy. There is hidden meaning behind it which we're leaving behind. Look...

The One with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies....and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...The one with the power to vaquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...

PART 1: "the dark lord will mark him as his equal"
Here is one of the hidden pieces. The dark lord was ALWAYS afraid of death (That's why he created his horcrux, and that's why he uses death as his main weapon). He is also afraid of love, beucase by allowing himself to love he'd become volnerable to pain and death.

So, Voldemort hears there is a person who can vanquish him, and his fear of death makes him go kill the potters without even knowing the rest of the prophecy. Harry, who is saved by the love of his mother, has a preternatal connection to both Death and Love. Harry knows of Death, and is not afraid of it. In the Death Room at the end of Book 5, Harry is drawn to Death, to the voices behind the veil, unlike the others (apart from Luna). Harry's connection to Death allows him to love without fear.

So when Voldemort marked Harry he didn't only pass down some of his powers, but he made him he opposite, ying and yang. The marking of Harry by Voldemort created in him the unique consciousness of Love and Death that is required to take on he who flees from Death at all costs.

goddess_susu
"By attempting to kill you, Voldemort himself singled out the remarkable person who sits here in front of me, and gave him the tools for the job! It is Voldemort's fault that you were able to see into his thoughts, his ambitions, that you even understand the snakelike language in which he gives orders, and yet, Harry, despite your privileged insight into Voldemort's world — which, incidentally, is a gift any Death Eater would kill to have — you have never been seduced by the Dark Arts, never, even for a second, shown the slightest desire to become one of Voldemort's followers!"
"Of course I haven't! He killed my mum and dad!"
"You are protected, in short, by your ability to love. The only protection that can possibly work against the lure of power like Voldemort's."
-Dumbledore and Harry

PART 2: "and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives"

DEFINITONS OF EITHER:
#1- Any one of two; one or the other
#2- *THE ONE AND THE OTHER OF TWO*
DEFINITION OF NEITHER:
#1- Not one or the other; not either

So, rephrasing
"Both Harry and Voldemort will die at the hand of the other, because not one or the other can live while the other is alive."

Prediction: Since they complete each other, Harry and Voldemort will reunite (maybe like they did in OOTP). Harry, being able to love beyond all costs and not being afraid of death, will take his own life, and Voldemorts.

~Pielover~
I just don't see that happening. I'd put up some reasons, but I've decided to do absolutely no speculation for this book.

~Rad~
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
This is the official thread for Discussion of Deathly Hollows.

So yeah. Discuss.

Anyways, I just go tthis crazy idea that Ginny will be killed in book 7. But not by Voldemort. No, by SNAPE. Which will cause Harry to destroy him. That'll be fun.

Note: If we already have one, my bad. I'm too lazy to use search.

Actually, I was thinking Malfoy might be killed by Voldemort because of how he failed to kill Dumbledore. confused

Forcewielder
Originally posted by goddess_susu
"By attempting to kill you, Voldemort himself singled out the remarkable person who sits here in front of me, and gave him the tools for the job! It is Voldemort's fault that you were able to see into his thoughts, his ambitions, that you even understand the snakelike language in which he gives orders, and yet, Harry, despite your privileged insight into Voldemort's world — which, incidentally, is a gift any Death Eater would kill to have — you have never been seduced by the Dark Arts, never, even for a second, shown the slightest desire to become one of Voldemort's followers!"
"Of course I haven't! He killed my mum and dad!"
"You are protected, in short, by your ability to love. The only protection that can possibly work against the lure of power like Voldemort's."
-Dumbledore and Harry

PART 2: "and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives"

DEFINITONS OF EITHER:
#1- Any one of two; one or the other
#2- *THE ONE AND THE OTHER OF TWO*
DEFINITION OF NEITHER:
#1- Not one or the other; not either

So, rephrasing
"Both Harry and Voldemort will die at the hand of the other, because not one or the other can live while the other is alive."

Prediction: Since they complete each other, Harry and Voldemort will reunite (maybe like they did in OOTP). Harry, being able to love beyond all costs and not being afraid of death, will take his own life, and Voldemorts.

I'm sorry but that is not what the prophecy means. The definitions that you provided are both referring to it being one or the other so the prophecy indicates that only one of them has to die whether if its Harry or Voldemort. They both can't die at the same time because that would just be adding insult to the injuries that Harry has suffered throughout this series so he must survive.

grey fox
Whats with the Stargate ?

goddess_susu
Originally posted by Forcewielder
I'm sorry but that is not what the prophecy means. The definitions that you provided are both referring to it being one or the other so the prophecy indicates that only one of them has to die whether if its Harry or Voldemort. They both can't die at the same time because that would just be adding insult to the injuries that Harry has suffered throughout this series so he must survive.

i could be (and most likely am) wrong. Thing is Im sure Voldemort will die, yet something tells me Harry will too

MX5RACER
I think we need a change of direction here.

Let's talk about Lily and Snape. I think there is a connection between the two. I would even go as far as to say that Snape and Lily are related. Maybe brother and sister or something. The books never tell us why Snape turned good. What if he turned good when he learned of the Dark Lord's plan to kill the Potters? What if Snape blaims James for Lily's death, and he sees so much of James in Harry and hates him for it?

Someone had to tell the Order about the Dark Lord's plan, so maybe it was Snape having a change of heart when it came to the death of his sister.

Tell me what you think.

The Phantom
Originally posted by MX5RACER

Let's talk about Lily and Snape. I think there is a connection between the two. I would even go as far as to say that Snape and Lily are related. Maybe brother and sister or something. The books never tell us why Snape turned good. What if he turned good when he learned of the Dark Lord's plan to kill the Potters? What if Snape blaims James for Lily's death, and he sees so much of James in Harry and hates him for it?

Someone had to tell the Order about the Dark Lord's plan, so maybe it was Snape having a change of heart when it came to the death of his sister.

Tell me what you think. Highly doubt it for various reasons.

lordmohahat
Meaning Harry and Lord Volemont.(yea I said his name so sue me!)Jk!What do you guy's think?jm

who the hell is LORD VOLEMONT. bring back venom so we can have carnage

lordmohahat
wouldn't it be mint if in the first chapter voldemort blew harry to smithereens and that was it! we want symbiote warfare

The Phantom
Please keep all that to the Spiderman Forum. Do it again and your going to be reported.

lionlover2053
Okay I searched for Book 7 PREDICTIONS threads and found none...obviously there are discussion threads, but none dedicated strictly to predictions so I thought I'd create one.

Please post your predictions (no matter how big or small) and hopefully some sort of explanation on why you feel this will come true.

The Phantom
Originally posted by lionlover2053
Okay I searched for Book 7 PREDICTIONS threads and found none...obviously there are discussion threads, but none dedicated strictly to predictions so I thought I'd create one.

Please post your predictions (no matter how big or small) and hopefully some sort of explanation on why you feel this will come true. Discussions threads are for everything (except spoilers). Discussion threads extend to predictions and everything. That's what makes a discussion. Reported to be closed or merged.

lionlover2053
I will start it off.

(1) I think that Harry will die. This is primarily a gut feeling, as I just cannot imagine Harry living while other characters besides Voldemort die. What will Harry do after staying alive, especially considering that in death he'd be reunited with his parents, Sirius, and Dumbledore?

(2) I think that Voldemort will survive (in a manner of speaking), which would back the prophecy that neither can live while the other survives. However, I believe that Harry will sacrifice himself in order to take away Voldemort's magical powers, which would leave Voldemort as a Muggle...the very thing that he hates the most. This would be worse than death for Voldemort (which Dumbledore has been saying for the whole series that Voldy doesn't realize that there are things worse than death)...perhaps Voldemort will be so humiliated that he'll end his own life or get a Dementor's kiss. I wrote a fanfic where this happens:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/454157_1-Lets-skip-ahead-to-the-Final-Battle-complete-version

(3) I believe that Aunt Petunia will show an alarmingly powerful display of magic out of desperation. I just have a feeling that JK will reveal a lot more (truth) about her character.

(4) Severus Snape is bad. I WANT to believe that he's good but I just think that he was waiting to see which side he thought would come out on top and made his choice when seeing Dumbledore helpless in HPB. I think that Albus just made a BIG mistake, and he does say in one of the books taht because his mind is greater than most, his mistakes are usually greater as well.

(5) I think that Dumbledore accidentally had something to do with the death of Harry's parents. I say this because of what he spoke (involuntarily) after drinking the green matter in the cave for the (fake) horcrux. Something like, "No, it's all my fault...kill me instead." Who else would he be speaking of?

(6) Lastly, I hate to say it but I think that Hagrid will be one of the two main characters to die (the other being Harry as I said earlier). I just have a feeling that he'll die saving one of Harry's crew...no basis other than that though lol. More people will die than just two though I think. I think Moody and Bellatrix are most likely to die...whereas I think Mrs. Weasley and Lupin are almost locks to survive.

Thoughts/Predictions???

lionlover2053
Damn, my bad lol.

lionlover2053
(1) I think that Harry will die. This is primarily a gut feeling, as I just cannot imagine Harry living while other characters besides Voldemort die. What will Harry do after staying alive, especially considering that in death he'd be reunited with his parents, Sirius, and Dumbledore?

(2) I think that Voldemort will survive (in a manner of speaking), which would back the prophecy that neither can live while the other survives. However, I believe that Harry will sacrifice himself in order to take away Voldemort's magical powers, which would leave Voldemort as a Muggle...the very thing that he hates the most. This would be worse than death for Voldemort (which Dumbledore has been saying for the whole series that Voldy doesn't realize that there are things worse than death)...perhaps Voldemort will be so humiliated that he'll end his own life or get a Dementor's kiss. I wrote a fanfic where this happens:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...omplete-version

(3) I believe that Aunt Petunia will show an alarmingly powerful display of magic out of desperation. I just have a feeling that JK will reveal a lot more (truth) about her character.

(4) Severus Snape is bad. I WANT to believe that he's good but I just think that he was waiting to see which side he thought would come out on top and made his choice when seeing Dumbledore helpless in HPB. I think that Albus just made a BIG mistake, and he does say in one of the books taht because his mind is greater than most, his mistakes are usually greater as well.

(5) I think that Dumbledore accidentally had something to do with the death of Harry's parents. I say this because of what he spoke (involuntarily) after drinking the green matter in the cave for the (fake) horcrux. Something like, "No, it's all my fault...kill me instead." Who else would he be speaking of?

(6) Lastly, I hate to say it but I think that Hagrid will be one of the two main characters to die (the other being Harry as I said earlier). I just have a feeling that he'll die saving one of Harry's crew...no basis other than that though lol. More people will die than just two though I think. I think Moody and Bellatrix are most likely to die...whereas I think Mrs. Weasley and Lupin are almost locks to survive.

Thoughts/Predictions???

The Phantom

Ok, I just briefly brush over all of this and this stood out to me. I totally agree with you here. So many people say no, it wont happen, JKR said she isn't a squib. BUT, JKR did say some people can do magic late in their life, though it is rare. So I believe it can happen.

The Phantom

Ok, I just briefly brush over all of this and this stood out to me. I totally agree with you here. So many people say no, it wont happen, JKR said she isn't a squib. BUT, JKR did say some people can do magic late in their life, though it is rare. So I believe it can happen.

lionlover2053
Did she say that? Well, come to think of it I forgot to mention that Wormtail will probably have a pivotal role in Voldemort's downfall since he owes Harry his life. Perhaps when Voldemort loses his powers he'll plead to Wormtail to attack/kill some characters and Wormtail will refuse or something like that. We'll see.

Nightingale14

siriuswriter

Thoughts/Predictions???

I have to disagree with your Snape prediction.

At JK's reading of Harry, Carrie, and Garp, Salman Rushdie and his son were there. They asked an exceedingly convoluted question (in proper Salman Rushdie style) that basically boiled down to Snape is/was good at the base of his being. It took a long time for me to figure that out of the transcripts, believe me. Well, so the two of them basically stated this long convoluted theory and then asked, "Is this right?" and JK simply said, "Yes."

Thanks, Jo.

Anyway, I disagree with you about Snape. But I do not think it's as clear as "He is good!!" I think that if we dig deep down into him, we might find a small grain of goodness, fighting to get out. But boy, have we got to dig through the bad to get there. I see him somewhat like the Grinch; his heart is just three times too small, and there's just going to be that one thing that will set him off. Will it be something that reminds him of Lily? Will it be a Dumbledore-ism? Will it be tiny children singing in a circle in Whoo-ville? I just don't know. But I have a feeling it will happen. And he will be snarky and sarcastic and go good kicking and screaming. But it will happen.

As to Hagrid dying, I agree. Not only did JK practically let it slip at the Harry, Carrie, and Garp reading in New York ("Which characters would you eat dinner with?" "Hagrid. Well, do they have to be alive?" Whoops.) But I feel that he's got to go down fighting. Hagrid's served his purpose to us, and Harry has got to lose yet another fatherly, brotherly, friendily, figure to make him want to go on.

Ah well. My opinions anyway.

maham
I really don't want to believe that snape's good bt even if he is,I really son't care.I just want Harry to die at the end.It's a funny thing to say for an HP fan,bt I REALLY want harry to die.n I just hope he'll give up on Ginny.It's a sick match!!!

~KoK!~
Originally posted by maham
I really don't want to believe that snape's good bt even if he is,I really son't care.I just want Harry to die at the end.It's a funny thing to say for an HP fan,bt I REALLY want harry to die.n I just hope he'll give up on Ginny.It's a sick match!!! Ah, another delusional H/Hr shipper.

The Phantom
Ah, another delusional H/Hr shipper. JKR said not to call them that.

Nickey
Ah, another delusional H/Hr shipper.

Is not! stick out tongue

siriuswriter
Ahem.

I think that about settles it. smile smile

H. S. 6
At JK's reading of Harry, Carrie, and Garp, Salman Rushdie and his son were there. They asked an exceedingly convoluted question (in proper Salman Rushdie style) that basically boiled down to Snape is/was good at the base of his being. It took a long time for me to figure that out of the transcripts, believe me. Well, so the two of them basically stated this long convoluted theory and then asked, "Is this right?" and JK simply said, "Yes."

Do you have a link to that transcript? Sounds interesting; I'd like to check it out.

goddess_susu

According to JK Rowling's web page petunia is 100% muggle, so I don't think she's going to start doing magic out of nowere

Violent2Dope
I bet you all money Harry dies.

Running Mascara
I'm w/ him ^

goddess_susu
Originally posted by MX5RACER

Tell me what you think.

It's very unlikely that they're related because Lily was muggle-born. What I think is that Snape secretly loved Lily because she was the only person who ever treated him nicely. She always stood up for him at school, so he felt guilty of her death and thats what he confessed to Dumbledore. Dumbledore probably offered him a place in the Order, sort of how he did to Draco and Snape accepted.

goddess_susu
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I bet you all money Harry dies.

I agree..but Im not ganna make any bets just yet...JK Rowling is too unpredictable

goddess_susu
u no what I think that I haven't seen suggested yet? that Harry Potter is the decendent of Godric Gryffindor. It would fit very well, Voldemort being the last decendent of Slytherin and all. Its like the ancient fuid all over again, and it would explain why Voldemort found Harry a bigger threat then Neville in the first place.

siriuswriter
Do you have a link to that transcript? Sounds interesting; I'd like to check it out.

I'll check around for you. I had to clean out my favorites list a long while ago because they were getting so dusty -- ahem ahem. smile smile

Have you checked the site "Accio Quote?" Try that in a google search, and then type in "Harry, Carrie, and Garp." I think that's your best bet. I'll do a little searching myself.

"Accio Quote," for all those generally interested, is an amazing site where you can find JKR quotations on anything and everything she's ever said. Really. They're like stalkers over there.

big grin

And goddess_susu - JK has debunked the "Harry as Gryffindor's descendant" theory already. Although I thought it myself for a time. I'm not certain, but I think I remember her debunking the "Dumbledore as Gryffindor's descendant" theory as well. I'll have to check up on that.

Also, I think that Snape had some sort of relationship with Lily, but I think it was totally platonic, or unrequited on Snape's part. Either way, I think Snape admired/liked Lily a great deal. However, there is no way they were related. Snape is a halfblood, and Lily is a muggleborn. These are canon facts.

pip_apple
I'm thinking Filch.
hmm yeah could be
but i think petunia also...

pip_apple
mine and my freinds' theory is:
that harry realises he is godric's great great grandson
and that he is the last horcrux
and so has to end up killing himself along with all the other horcruxes and voldemort himself
wink
watya think?

The Phantom
Originally posted by pip_apple
mine and my freinds' theory is:
that harry realises he is godric's great great grandson
and that he is the last horcrux
and so has to end up killing himself along with all the other horcruxes and voldemort himself
wink
watya think? No on the first part because it has been debunked a long time ago. No on the second part because it just doesn't work out.

My turn to say something crazy. And I suppose I'll bring up what you said Siriuswriter-mun. I felt Snape and Lily did have somewhat of a relationship (relationship does not always mean dating). That could be the thing we didn't know about Lily that JKR was talking about. And the eyes of Harry. I had this more thought out a couple of days ago but I fell asleep and forgot it as usual. -.- But Harry's eyes may change something in Snape possible if he turns into a baddie. Ya know? o.o Showing the importance of why people keep bringing up Harry has Lily's eyes or something... Like I said, this was thought out better a couple of days ago. I should have posted it then before I fell asleep.

siriuswriter
The Phantom - So you're sort of saying that Harry's eyes could be the thing that bring Snape back from the brink of a badiness attack because they remind him of Lily? I think that's what I gathered... smile

*does a happy dance because I now have "mun" added to my name. at least, I think that's a good thing...*

The Phantom
The Phantom - So you're sort of saying that Harry's eyes could be the thing that bring Snape back from the brink of a badiness attack because they remind him of Lily? I think that's what I gathered... smile

*does a happy dance because I now have "mun" added to my name. at least, I think that's a good thing...* More or less.

I've decided I'd use it for people now. Well, I used it for yours mostly because it gets confusing with you know. Harry Potter forum. Sirius. Yea. Mun just means the person behind the username more or less.

siriuswriter
I've decided I'd use it for people now. Well, I used it for yours mostly because it gets confusing with you know. Harry Potter forum. Sirius. Yea. Mun just means the person behind the username more or less.

*stops happy dancing*

Damn. And I thought I had finally earned my "wise person" title.

The Phantom
*stops happy dancing*

Damn. And I thought I had finally earned my "wise person" title. I will research a thing for that for you then and will call you that for now on. o.o

We went a bit off topic.

goddess_susu
We went a bit off topic.

a bit?

..but anyways, I agree with your prediction. He's going to remember her and want to revenge her death.
Going even deeper, I think Snape was there when it happened. When J.K. Rowling was asked about it she just avoided the subject

"MA: Was there anyone else present in Godric's Hollow the night Harry's parents were killed?

J.K.R.: No comment"

Nickey
Is it possible that Percy could be a deatheater. I mean, like in the sixth or fifth book, he was so against Harry, and warning Ron to stay away from him. Is it possible that he knew what was happening and wanted to keep his brother from harm. Remember, when he sent that letter to Ron to stay away from Harry because he didn't want him to get in any trouble. I mean, it could be logical! What do you guys think?

If anyone already brought this up, I'm sorry. You see, I was reading this fan fic story about H/Hr on harrypotterfanfiction.com, and in the story, Percy was a deatheater and he was begging the dark lord for mercy on his family. I just thought I'd ask you guys.

Anyway, what do you think?

siriuswriter
Personally, I don't think this theory will come true.

Percy is one who strives for order. Legal order. The reason he was against Harry in OotP is because the MINISTRY was against Harry in OotP. I see him basically as a Ministry underling that will do anything (within the rules) to get ahead. We saw him at Hogwarts studying, studying, studying and being an absolute stickler for any rule of any kind. He actually thought that those were the ways he was going to get ahead in life.

He knows the right side - he just is under the impression that whatever the government thinks is right, and absolutely right with no exceptions. We saw how he reacted in HBP; it's hard to own up to a mistake as large as the one Percy made, especially the kind of mistake Percy made, and then have to go back to his family, knowing they were all right and that he was the one that was wrong. With Percy's personality, that would just grate on him to no end. He would not be able to admit it.

In short, I don't think it's possible for Percy to be a Death Eater. He's just so determined to make it to the top of the government that he doesn't really use his common sense that much - just his political sense. And his pride, as we have seen, is very easily wounded and not easily mended.

And, as Sirius (the character smile) mentioned, "There are more people in the world than good people and Death Eaters." *paraphrased, don't have my book. smile)

At least, these are all my opinions. Take them as you will, Nickey. It's certainly not hard to see where you got to this theory. I think you just have to keep in mind that Percy DOES know the good side, it's just that when he thinks he's right about something, and he's not... well, his pride is a big thing with him. . I see him "coming back into the family fold" in some shape or another, extremely awkwardly of course because most of his siblings think he's a git, but I see it happening, in DH. I can also see something coming out of "pride comes before a fall," and Percy possibly being wounded by Death Eaters; that would certainly bring him back into the numerous arms of the Weasleys, I think.

exanda kane
I can also see something coming out of "pride comes before a fall," and Percy possibly being wounded by Death Eaters; that would certainly bring him back into the numerous arms of the Weasleys, I think.

Oh, a like that train of thought.

goddess_susu
I cant picture Percy as bad ether

exanda kane
No, it's like C.S Lewis' whole mythos, with the deep shades of grey between "good" and "evil", which Rowling was influenced by. I enjoy the fact that she can writes her books with that kind of knowing quality, like an important lesson for a kid.

Solo
So, Rowling cried when she finished the book. I guess that means it's not likely there's a happy ending for Harry Potter.

Nickey
Personally, I don't think this theory will come true.

Percy is one who strives for order. Legal order. The reason he was against Harry in OotP is because the MINISTRY was against Harry in OotP. I see him basically as a Ministry underling that will do anything (within the rules) to get ahead. We saw him at Hogwarts studying, studying, studying and being an absolute stickler for any rule of any kind. He actually thought that those were the ways he was going to get ahead in life.

He knows the right side - he just is under the impression that whatever the government thinks is right, and absolutely right with no exceptions. We saw how he reacted in HBP; it's hard to own up to a mistake as large as the one Percy made, especially the kind of mistake Percy made, and then have to go back to his family, knowing they were all right and that he was the one that was wrong. With Percy's personality, that would just grate on him to no end. He would not be able to admit it.

In short, I don't think it's possible for Percy to be a Death Eater. He's just so determined to make it to the top of the government that he doesn't really use his common sense that much - just his political sense. And his pride, as we have seen, is very easily wounded and not easily mended.

And, as Sirius (the character smile) mentioned, "There are more people in the world than good people and Death Eaters." *paraphrased, don't have my book. smile)

At least, these are all my opinions. Take them as you will, Nickey. It's certainly not hard to see where you got to this theory. I think you just have to keep in mind that Percy DOES know the good side, it's just that when he thinks he's right about something, and he's not... well, his pride is a big thing with him. . I see him "coming back into the family fold" in some shape or another, extremely awkwardly of course because most of his siblings think he's a git, but I see it happening, in DH. I can also see something coming out of "pride comes before a fall," and Percy possibly being wounded by Death Eaters; that would certainly bring him back into the numerous arms of the Weasleys, I think.

OK! big grin

Just wanted to know. smile

goddess_susu
Originally posted by Solo
So, Rowling cried when she finished the book. I guess that means it's not likely there's a happy ending for Harry Potter.

or because she's finally relieved of the burden and can move on with her normal life. hahaha

Nickey
Originally posted by goddess_susu
or because she's finally relieved of the burden and can move on with her normal life. hahaha

How Rude!schmoll

Just Joking!

~KoK!~
This book will rock! (ROCK!)

gabfrab
i reckon voldemort will die (of course), and wormtail owes harry a lifedebt which was a hint by JKR which should mean that harry survives, ive got a feelin hermione will die

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>