Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Probably the two best mat based wrestlers of all time....who do you think would win a best of seven series if both could wrestle each other in their primes?

Rohangiga
kurt, just because i did not watch it when hart was wrestling

teampac08
Kurt Angle, he's the superior grappler. Bret is usually known to win through superior submission skills, but Kurt is great in that area too. To me it depends on what Kurt you're talking about. The funny one might have a better chance of losing, but the ruthless agression one (the wrestling machine) would be too much to handle in my opinion.

Smasandian
Are we talking about real wrestling or WWE wrestling?

If the latter, than none wins because its not a question of skill but who entertains better. You cant really say either is good because they dont really wrestle at all. It's pretty much scripted.

Not saying that they dont know how, or that its not hard mentally, or physically, I'm just saying that their isnt comparision if your talking about the WWE wrestling because they dont win matches based on skill, but storyline.

If your not talking about WWE, **** if I know because I dont remember Bret Hard ever wrestling in amatuer sports.

-hh-
if it's real wrestling, than im pretty sure Kurt takes this. He is a great freestyle wrestler, and is a gold medalist for the Olympics. as far as i know, his submission skills shouldn't be that great since he hasn't had proper training in jiujitsu/bjj.

as for Bret Hart, i use to be a fan when i was a kid. i disliked HBK, so i always supported Hart stick out tongue

anyway, i think pulling off a sharpshooter doesn't make you a submission expert. in a real submission match, the sharpshooter would be impossible to pull off against a fighter with even basic knowledge in submissions. as for his wrestling, i know nothing about.

Kurt takes this.

Smasandian
I don't think Bret Hart has ever wrestled for real.

According to Wiki, he wrestled in high school and won numerous major championships but after that, did nothing except professional.

So, Angle easily. You cant really say who would be better because well, Hart never did anything huge while Angle did.

As an perfomer, easily Bret Hart. Angle doesnt even come close to him.

teampac08
Of course it's scripted, but what I'm trying to explain is whod win according to how good of a fighter WWE makes them out to be. I'm pretty sure that Bret and Angle in real life arent great at submission, meaning you couldnt put them up in a real mixed martial arts match. But since it's entertainment, WWE makes them seem this way. WWE has made it clear how versatile they wanted Kurt to be. He had good grappling and submissive skills according to how the writers wanted it to be. WWE wanted Kurt to look like the best grappler to ever wrestle inside the ring since he's the only one who has a real gold medal. Of course it depends on who is more popular, but if we were to judge just based on what they're capable of doing in the ring then the winner is Kurt since he's a lot more versatile in the ring.

-hh-
Daniel Puder vs Kurt Angle.

Daniel Puder is a young contestant on the UFC reality show 'The Ultimate Fighter'. Puder is known for pulling off submissions (out of his 4 mma career fights, he has won 3 with submissions and 1 with a decision. he is undefeated so far). Puder and the other TUF fighters made an appearance in WWE/F. I can't find the video, but i remember Puder putting Angle in a Kimura, but Angle still won cuz it was only a wrestling match. no submissions were allowed? or something like that.

edit: i found the video. he had Kurt in a kimura. and as for Kurt angle saying "non of you are tough enough", he wouldn't last a second in the UFC Octagon or Pride Ring.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4235797155301963663&q=kurt+angle+ufc&hl=en

my point, Kurt isn't much of a submission artist, but simply a wrestler.

-hh-
tell me if you guyz like this vid i made big grin

http://www.dailymotion.com/Noubs/video/x1jnqp_noubs-rampage-vs-arona-highlight

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Probably the two best mat based wrestlers of all time....who do you think would win a best of seven series if both could wrestle each other in their primes?

Bret

-hh-
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Bret why do you think Bret?

BobbyD
I'd put my money on Angle in a "real" wrestling match.

Alpha Centauri
Tazz is a better wrestler than almost anyone there, bar Angle. Or he was.

The man also has a 3rd degree black belt in Judo or something.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Dah! suplex.

-hh-
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Tazz still wrestles?

i wouldn't say Tazz is a better wrestler cuz of his superior Judo background. Judo is mostly throws with basic submissions (kimura, armbars etc...).

one of my favorite Judo throws: Harai Goshi

http://www.jomomotown.com/brad/parisyan_lytle_harai.gif

charlemagne9746
I don't know...I think with the proper training, Kurt could tear up UFC...like Randy Coutoure. I know Coutoure is a Greco-Roman style wrester..but he also is skilled in shootfighting. Angle could beat Coutoure strictly on the mat....if he practices more with submission holds.

Angle is the better than Bret in pure wrestling, but strategy and in ring knowledge...i'd give the edge to Bret. I think a best of seven series would go atleast to six, possibly seven matches.

-hh-
Angle has neck injuries, couldn't take down a beginner like Puder, and is not in the condition Couture is.

Couture faced Jacare last year (jacare is ranked top 3 in the world as best grappler on the mat), and Couture took the match to a draw. I highly doubt Angle could do that.

forumcrew
Originally posted by charlemagne9746

Whoever was chosen, seeing as matches are fixed.. It is too hard to say who could win a real wrestling match, actually i guess kurt would win because of his real background.

The Core
Originally posted by -hh-
Tazz still wrestles?

He got called out a couple of weeks ago on ECW for something, but he's in such poor physical condition, the match was all of 30 seconds.

TaZ#12
I hate Kurt so I'm going with Bret.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.