Sister refuses to save her brother.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Dalek
That bi+tch.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=444238&in_page_id=1770

LethalFemme
Don't you mean her brother?ermm

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Black Dalek
That bi+tch.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=444238&in_page_id=1770

her?

-FO!!

Black Dalek
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Don't you mean her brother?ermm

What?

Flame On!!
What?

If you'd posted and changed it before my post which referenced the original thread you'd have got away with it.

-FO!!

Black Dalek
Originally posted by Flame On!!
If you'd posted and changed it before my post which referenced the original thread you'd have got away with it.

-FO!!

*head explodes*. It's get on topic. Whats your thoughts?

Flame On!!
*head explodes*

http://www.eyeofhorus.org.uk/images/photo/09eccleston/01series/13-partingways/parting-dalek-destroyed.jpg

Oh yes!

-FO!!

Black Dalek
YOU SHALL BE EXTERMINATED!!!

Syren
I'd like to believe there's a genuinely good reason for her decision shrug

JaehSkywalker
i'm just gonna say it: i hate HER.

Syren
If you read the article and also the comments that other people have left it gives a good perspective on both sides, considering we're only provided with the story from the brother's point of view.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Syren
I'd like to believe there's a genuinely good reason for her decision shrug
it had better be a good one. i would do that for a stranger, and for sure my sister.

JaehSkywalker
If you read the article and also the comments that other people have left it gives a good perspective on both sides, considering we're only provided with the story from the brother's point of view.

good point, but i still don't get why she doesn't want to do that. saving another person's life must feel fulfilling or good or something...

Rogue Jedi
exactly. she should burn in hell.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
it had better be a good one. i would do that for a stranger, and for sure my sister.

Offered your bone marrow?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Offered your bone marrow?
B!!!! good to see you!!!

to your question, if i had the chance to save a stranger by offering my bone marrow, i'd like to think i would do it.

Bardock42
B!!!! good to see you!!!

to your question, if i had the chance to save a stranger by offering my bone marrow, i'd like to think i would do it.

http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_Registry/index.html

Rogue Jedi
i'll look into it. you have to pay 52 bucks to be a volunteer?

Bardock42
i'll look into it. you have to pay 52 bucks to be a volunteer? A small price to save a life. As people that happen to not be me would say with conviction.

Rogue Jedi
i meant that if someone approached me and asked me to do it, i'd consider.

Bardock42
i meant that if someone approached me and asked me to do it, i'd consider.

Alright, but I would see it as perfectly reasonable to refuse.

The article, on a more on topic note, is extremely biased.

Rogue Jedi
what about the effects it has on the donor? any health risks?

Bardock42
what about the effects it has on the donor? any health risks?

That should not matter.

The article states though that it obviously has slight risks. Not particularly high ones though.

Rogue Jedi
it wouldnt matter to me, not if the effects were not permanent. if i were to place myself in danger, i would reconsider.

Marxman
Especially if I'd have to pay for giving myself health risks. $52 doesn't grow on trees.

Rogue Jedi
good point. paying to be a volunteer doesnt make you a volunteer, it makes you......i dunno....a member?

Ushgarak
A bone marrow donation is an invasive operation and that is never, ever something to be taken lightly.

Although this person isn't going to win charity awards any time soon, I'd hate to think we live in a society where people feel morally obliged to undergo such a potentially harmful procedure to save another, brother or otherwise, That's disturbing.

It's a good thing when it does happen, not something to be criticised when it does not.

Rogue Jedi
i wouldnt feel MORALLY obligated to do it, but if i were presented with oppurtunity to save a fathers life, a guy with three or four kids, i'd definitely get with FJ, weigh the pros and cons, and together we'd make the decision.

Ushgarak
Well a lot of the tone in here seems to be one of moral condemnation. That's completely backwards.

Donors should be praised, NOT non-donors criticised.

Rogue Jedi
pretty good point. do you ever get tired of being a chronic know it all? laughing out loud

FeceMan
That bi+tch.
What a *****. She should have gotten him 50% off at JCPenney's.

Naz
That bi+tch.

If it were my sibling, I wouldn't do it. no expression

§P0oONY
Has anyone noticed that this article comes from a very unreliable source? It's The Daily Mail... It's probably either a crock of shit of miss-informed.

Black Dalek

soin2cal
omg!

meep-meep

Are you currently donating bone marrow for strangers, or siblings?

meep-meep
Err. I guess I'm late. Seems Bardock already asked. That link to donate was priceless.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by meep-meep
Are you currently donating bone marrow for strangers, or siblings?
nope. whats that got to do with me considering to do it if i was asked to do so?

FeceMan
Originally posted by FeceMan
What a *****. She should have gotten him 50% off at JCPenney's.
Oh, come on. That's hilarious.

Fishy
nope. whats that got to do with me considering to do it if i was asked to do so?

Go to a random hospital walk into a room with a few patients that need it and ask if they would like some....

Anyways, this woman although definitely not very nice has the right to deny giving it. And probably a very good reason too, I just don't hope she doesn't feel really guilty after her brother dies and gets kicked out of the family for not helping him.

Rogue Jedi
i just think that it's selfish of her. it's her brother, for god's sake. he is dying. she can save him.

((The_Anomaly))
I cant even believe this. Seriously, this is horrible. What a horrible person. No matter how invasive a procedure is, if you have a chance to save someone else's life and you know it, it is completely despicable to not save that life. It makes it worse that its her brother, and yet she STILL refuses to do it. I honestly don't get it. What kind of a person would do this? sick

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I cant even believe this. Seriously, this is horrible. What a horrible person. No matter how invasive a procedure is, if you have a chance to save someone else's life and you know it, it is completely despicable to not save that life. It makes it worse that its her brother, and yet she STILL refuses to do it. I honestly don't get it. What kind of a person would do this? sick Me? no expression Like Ush said, you should praise donors, not criticize non-donors.

Lana
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I cant even believe this. Seriously, this is horrible. What a horrible person. No matter how invasive a procedure is, if you have a chance to save someone else's life and you know it, it is completely despicable to not save that life. It makes it worse that its her brother, and yet she STILL refuses to do it. I honestly don't get it. What kind of a person would do this? sick

Umm, I'd say most people wouldn't do something like that.

They have a choice to do it if they want to. They're not required to, and it's not something that should ever BE required, in my opinion. If they want to donate marrow/blood/organs, then yes, that's a good thing. But if they don't, for whatever reason, fine. It's their decision and they're not obliged to do such a thing.

Smasandian
If your brother/sister was in the same position, you wouldnt help them? (That's assuming your very close to your brother/sister)

ragesRemorse
That bi+tch.

maybe her brother is an aszhole

i mean bone marrow is pretty rare

siriuswriter
To me, it's not even about family.

If you knew that you were the perfect match to someone's transplant, why the hell would you refuse them, knowing they would DIE because of it? No one's God, no one has the right to ordain people's deaths if they know that they can do something about it. It's not as if she doesn't have the money, they tell us that she lives in an upscale home.

But then I suppose I'm a little biased - I have a kidney transplant from my dad, and my sister's next on the list for when this one gets used up, and it will.

I can't even imagine what this man must be feeling.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by siriuswriter

If you knew that you were the perfect match to someone's transplant, why the hell would you refuse them, knowing they would DIE because of it? No one's God, no one has the right to ordain people's deaths if they know that they can do something about it. It's not as if she doesn't have the money, they tell us that she lives in an upscale home.

But then I suppose I'm a little biased - I have a kidney transplant from my dad, and my sister's next on the list for when this one gets used up, and it will.

damn, i officially feel like shit now

BackFire

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by siriuswriter

i dont know you at all, but your dad and sister sound like real stand up people. good for you for having a close knit family. smile

LethalFemme
What?

It originally was titled "Sister Refuses to Save His Brother."

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Smasandian
If your brother/sister was in the same position, you wouldnt help them? (That's assuming your very close to your brother/sister)
YES. me and my sister are kind of on the outs, but if she needed me in this capacity, i would be there for her in a heartbeat.

Smasandian
Well, thier must be a good reason for this sister not to do it when the operation is bad, but not really that bad.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
damn, i officially feel like shit now

Um... that wasn't my intention. But. Hurrah?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, thier must be a good reason for this sister not to do it when the operation is bad, but not really that bad.
i'd love to hear her side.

JaehSkywalker

Rogue Jedi
seconded. great Jedi think like.

BackFire
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
IMO, it is. A few days of sickness and whatever else versus saving someone else's life, well, i'd choose the second option.

It makes me sad when people miss very clear sarcasm. sad

overlord
I'm gonna kill my sister when I come home. Women are so selfish and the greedy scum of the earth.

Rogue Jedi
sometimes.....

HellasBloke
I can say I'd help. Family or not I'd do it, even if my ties with that person weren't strong ones, I'd be in a moral limbo and it would eat away at me knowing I could have helped by I decided not to.

lil bitchiness

It did indeed. It was a very one sided, pity seeking article.

But I agree, she might have had a good reason for refusing, its simply not stated.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I really don't believe that is true, sounds like a twist in the story to me!

Chances are she has a very good reason for not donating her bone marrow, and quite frankly the publication of the article in this way is disgusting.

Rogue Jedi
i agree that it doesnt really delve into her side.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.