Obi-Wan versus Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Advent

Gideon
Count Dooku would win.

He is the more experienced duelist, he has battled foes who are more potent and deadly than Obi-Wan and has lived to tell the tale (or, at least, before Anakin). He is also considered the Temple's greatest student, and has refined Makashi to its apex. Makashi, in itself, is also more meticulous and more precise than Soresu, and is a suitable offensive and defensive form.

Obi-Wan does not have a chance of victory, but it could be a long fight, due to Obi-Wan's stellar (and unparalleled - even by Dooku) defense.

darthpayne
I agree i dont see Obi-Wan winning this one dooku wins with out much trouble except for geting past Obi-Wans defence

Riverollv
Dooku wins. Makashi has proven very effective against Obi-Wan, plus, Dooku is a better swordsman than him. The only thing Obi-Wan can use against Dooku is his defense, other than that, Dooku would win with no problem.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Obi-Wan wins this. Anakin killed Dooku with the greatest of ease, so I think the same will happen if Dooku fought Obi-Wan again.

vader11
Count Dooku...

((The_Anomaly))
The Dookster beats Kenobi easily.

jollyjim311
It's a one sided battle in Dooku's favor, but, it would be drawn out, and Dooku would have to work for it.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Obi-Wan wins this. Anakin killed Dooku with the greatest of ease, so I think the same will happen if Dooku fought Obi-Wan again.
Care to explain how you came to that conclusion? Anakin is a far better duelist than OB1, and technically Dooku is better than Anakin. Both times that OB1 went up against Dooku, he was disposed of quite easily. Granted however, that when fighting alongside Anakin, he couldn't utilize his for to its fullest, but he would still have no chance at beating his Master's Master.

vader11
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Care to explain how you came to that conclusion? Anakin is a far better duelist than OB1, and technically Dooku is better than Anakin. Both times that OB1 went up against Dooku, he was disposed of quite easily. Granted however, that when fighting alongside Anakin, he couldn't utilize his for to its fullest, but he would still have no chance at beating his Master's Master. But Anakin beats his master's master's masterlaughing

Count Makashi
Dooku wins, but Kenobi wont go dawn easy.

Blue_Hefner

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by jollyjim311
It's a one sided battle in Dooku's favor, but, it would be drawn out, and Dooku would have to work for it.

How so?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Care to explain how you came to that conclusion? Anakin is a far better duelist than OB1, and technically Dooku is better than Anakin. Both times that OB1 went up against Dooku, he was disposed of quite easily. Granted however, that when fighting alongside Anakin, he couldn't utilize his for to its fullest, but he would still have no chance at beating his Master's Master.

Then why did Anakin killed the great Dooku so easily?

jollyjim311
Obi survived against Anakin because he ran away, Anakin was blinded by anger, Obi is the master of a defencive form, and Obi taught Anakin everything he knew. Anakin is technically more powerful that Obi Wan.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Obi survived against Anakin because he ran away, Anakin was blinded by anger, Obi is the master of a defencive form, and Obi taught Anakin everything he knew. Anakin is technically more powerful that Obi Wan.

OK! OK!

Darth Subjekt
does that mean you're conceding that argument?

LORDSIDIOUS01
does that mean you're conceding that argument?

Not in the least.

Darth Subjekt
Then explain it.

Count Makashi
Not in the least.

You rely hate Dooku don't you, why do you hate him so much.

Council#13
confused Did we not already see Dooku beat Obi-Wan?

kamikz
Only through the force in ROTS, this is no force.

Blaxican
I personally think that Obi-Wan has an extremely good chance of winning without the force, but you didn't hear that from me... I don't want Advent jumping down my ass again.

Council#13
Originally posted by kamikz
Only through the force in ROTS, this is no force.

Oh, right! My bad. Didn't see that part. embarrasment

Darth Subjekt
he didnt beat him with the force in AOTC...I know OB1 is better by ROTS, but Dooku also had that same amount of time to improve...

kamikz
That's why I said "in ROTS".................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Count Makashi
But Dooku still wins, he is a better swordsman.

vader11
It would be a close fight. Dooku wins after a long fight.

Count Makashi
Anyone would have trouble with Kenobi, he is the best SOREUSU Master, at his time.

allfg
he didnt beat him with the force in AOTC...I know OB1 is better by ROTS, but Dooku also had that same amount of time to improve...

Obi-Wan, being younger, and still at the early stages of his training and experience would have a much larger improvement rate.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Count Makashi
You rely hate Dooku don't you, why do you hate him so much.

I simply just do not like him. He has all this power and yet he died just like that. I know Anakin was turning but still, you would think that Dooku would have put up a much better fight than he did.

jollyjim311
That speaks for how powerful Anakin is, not how weak Dooku is.

Riverollv
AND Anakin was in the Zone

Count Makashi
I simply just do not like him. He has all this power and yet he died just like that. I know Anakin was turning but still, you would think that Dooku would have put up a much better fight than he did.

Boba Fett movie died of the lamest death ever, would you say he is weak.

Riverollv
And, it was a completely different case. Dooku died in the hands of one of the most powerful Jedi of the era, and Boba simply did not see Solo behind him.

jollyjim311
And Fett lived.

Count Makashi
And Fett lived.

I know, i said movie death. i know that he lived afterwards, which sucks in my opinion, why cant they keep them dead.

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
I know, i said movie death. i know that he lived afterwards, which sucks in my opinion, why cant they keep them dead.
Because they can make profit!(sell comics about Boba)

Count Makashi
Yea, those bastards and i never understood, why Boba Fett has so many fans, at least Jango was more detailed character, Boba was just a poser in the OT.

Darth Subjekt
Well Fett was more appealing because he was shoud in mystery until George "toyboy" Lucas decided to fcuk him up with the remakes. Although with the exception of the briads of hair he took as trophies, Jango has a better suit...to me at least. But he's just as dead as Jango too.

Count Makashi
I like Jango more, he is a merciless bounty hunter, but he is also a caring father, he has more depth then Boba Fett.

vader11
Yes, Jango is much cooler, but Boba > Jango...

Darth Subjekt
Thus the basis of his appeal. You didn't know anything about Boba except he'd kill you without thinking twice. Plus, i read somewhere he was the only bounty hunter to ever earn Vader's respect. You can't be a caring father and stone cold killer...thats dumb to me.

Count Makashi
Of course Boba is better, but i like Jango more, i even felt a little sorry for him when he died.

vader11
yeah...he seems died so easily & quickly...

Count Makashi
Thats because Windu is so good and Jango didn't expect him to be so good, he just kill a Jedi, he was probably overconfident.

vader11
Yes, but he also lost his jetpack...

Count Makashi
Oh yea, that to.

Darth Subjekt
He would have gotten away...for a bit anyways.

vader11
ya..like what he did when he encounter Obiwan...

Count Makashi
But Mace would still kill him, unless Jango flew away and Windu was to occupied with droids.

vader11
That's possible. If Jango has his jetpack, he could fly away and let the droid army to fight Windu.

Count Makashi
Yea, but he had to die, for the story reason.

vader11
haha, the same as Dooku in ROTS!

Count Makashi
True and we are way of topic.

vader11
yes...becuase there's no need to continue discussing about this thread...

Count Makashi
True, you have a point. Yea, Dooku had to die, so that we would concentrate on Anakins fall to the Dark Side.

kiddo44
Dooku with little trouble. How could anybody vote for Kenobi?

Gideon
Originally posted by kiddo44
Dooku with little trouble. How could anybody vote for Kenobi?

This is a pure lightsaber duel. Dooku would win, but with difficulty.

kiddo44
Originally posted by Gideon
This is a pure lightsaber duel. Dooku would win, but with difficulty.

yeah i didn't read it all, just saw Dooku v Kenobi, and i agree Dooku still wins, but it would be an actual fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.