Anyone beat Contra NES without 25 lives code?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
Seriously, I have never ever, ever done it. Got to maybe stage 6. I know I got no further than that.

Anyways, what's a game you never finished (or never finished without a code)?

K73SK
this game sucks I'm happy i got it for free, lol.

((The_Anomaly))
I actually once did this, and only once. When I was a kid I used to be able to play a game or level over and over and over until I beat it. I was one of the few people around who could get the Goldeneye 007 'Invincibility' cheat because I once spent 6 hours straight replaying the Facility so I could get it, people used to call me over to their house so I could get them 'Invincibility' in Goldeneye lol. I did this same thing with Contra and did eventually beat it and I remember it was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I actually once did this, and only once. When I was a kid I used to be able to play a game or level over and over and over until I beat it. I was one of the few people around who could get the Goldeneye 007 'Invincibility' cheat because I once spent 6 hours straight replaying the Facility so I could get it, people used to call me over to their house so I could get them 'Invincibility' in Goldeneye lol. I did this same thing with Contra and did eventually beat it and I remember it was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done.

You must have hit that nearly unatainable gamer zone to accomplish the goldeneye invincibility. lol

Yeah, my brother and i did infact beat contra without the infamous code. My bro died on the lAst stage, where i was left all alone fighting the aliens while my brother encouraged me. Great memory. I was in the "gamer zone" at that time. You know that zone that you get in, where your not thinking, only reacting. It happens to me quite often after i learn the mechanincs of a game. It cant be a platformer though, because platformers are all learning the patterns to begin with.

I think the most astonishing accomplishment in vidoe gaming i have ever seen was a guy who beat Super MArio 64 in just under 25 minutes. He beat it with 100% completion. I forget where i saw it, maybe youtube. After watching that, i will never be able to consider myself a master gamer. i felt like a newbie to video games after watching all 25 minutes of that film

Newjak
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
You must have hit that nearly unatainable gamer zone to accomplish the goldeneye invincibility. lol

Yeah, my brother and i did infact beat contra without the infamous code. My bro died on the lAst stage, where i was left all alone fighting the aliens while my brother encouraged me. Great memory. I was in the "gamer zone" at that time. You know that zone that you get in, where your not thinking, only reacting. It happens to me quite often after i learn the mechanincs of a game. It cant be a platformer though, because platformers are all learning the patterns to begin with.

I think the most astonishing accomplishment in vidoe gaming i have ever seen was a guy who beat Super MArio 64 in just under 25 minutes. He beat it with 100% completion. I forget where i saw it, maybe youtube. After watching that, i will never be able to consider myself a master gamer. i felt like a newbie to video games after watching all 25 minutes of that film Someone beat Mario 64 with a perfect 100% in 25 minutes.

That is insane

ragesRemorse
yes i know. doesnt that make you want to jump for joy and shoot yourself in the head at the smae time? I still dont know how to register that fact into my mind. I think eventually i will choose to forget it.

Newjak
yes i know. doesnt that make you want to jump for joy and shoot yourself in the head at the smae time? I still dont know how to register that fact into my mind. I think eventually i will choose to forget it. Yes it does.

And even taking my time I never got a 100% on Mario 64 embarrasment

JToTheP
I managed to get every cheat in Goldeneye, I even had a 'fastest possible' run, but that was before I even had the internet. I got to the end in about 1:25 I think.

I can barely handle Contra 3. >.< I suck, lol.

Lana
Originally posted by Newjak
Someone beat Mario 64 with a perfect 100% in 25 minutes.

That is insane

How is that possible?!

chithappens
Originally posted by Lana
How is that possible?!

Just have no life, AT ALL.

TricksterPriest
Try beating DMC 1 on Dante Must Die mode. My thumbs were dead after that shit...... wounded2 Still haven't beat DMC 3 on DMD mode. That game is way more brutal. dur

Seraphim XIII
I know someone who defeated Fable in seventeen minutes.

MadMel
WTF!!
first mario in 25, now fable in 17
that nuts!!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by MadMel
WTF!!
first mario in 25, now fable in 17
that nuts!!

fable in 17 minutes? that almost sounds like a fable. i'll try to find the mario movie

JToTheP
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Try beating DMC 1 on Dante Must Die mode. My thumbs were dead after that shit...... wounded2 Still haven't beat DMC 3 on DMD mode. That game is way more brutal. dur

DMD mode took me two months, and Mundus 2 alone took me one of those months.

DMC3 is way harder than 1.

Zen2nd
Yeah completing a game in the fastest time possible is called a Speed Run and there is a web site that specifically deals with those kinds of events.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

Also that "gamer zone" you speak of, I would believe that to be a state of Zen. Basically where you are at your peak and nothing can stop you.

Morridini
have ever seen was a guy who beat Super MArio 64 in just under 25 minutes. He beat it with 100% completion.

I just simply have to not believe this until I see some kind of proof, 25 min is pushing the limit waay too much.

Acording to this speed record site: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Mario64.html

The record for finishing the last boss is 19 mins, however to get all the 120 Stars it is more then 2 hours of gaming, this I believe.

§P0oONY
Yeah the 20 min mario is getting 16 stars and using the glitch.

OB1-adobe
Nintendo Games are going to go down as some of the most impossible shit in the universe.

There is no way in hell you can beat the original TMNT without a game genie

ragesRemorse
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZVL1BIZBfyw&search=mario%2064

ragesRemorse
its still mind blowing

Darth Jello
yes, you get an extra life after killing each boss so you just have to be careful about it. Beating super C without the code is a little harder but it's doable

grey fox
Originally posted by Newjak
Someone beat Mario 64 with a perfect 100% in 25 minutes.

That is insane

NO F*CKING WAY !

Darth Jello
that's impossible

((The_Anomaly))

Oh god, yea it was brutal. I was actually sweating by the end of it. It requires everything to go exactly right in order for you to get it. I did however have a good year where I could get it pretty easily after my first few times of getting it. But I tried it last year, lol, not even close at all. Alas, those days are gone. I was obsessed with Goldeneye though, I played it constantly for so long I cant even remember how long it was. lol I used to know everything about everything in that game. I used to take on my friends 3 Vs. 1 in Multiplayer and win . But now I suck balls. lol

Maestro
This one is just mad, the glitches he exploits to complete the game

http://youtube.com/watch?v=82TSWzOsPYc&mode=related&search=mario%2064

Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.