Will and Elizabeth's relationship Pre COTBP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shannstar79
is it just me, or did it appear to any of you that Will and Elizabeth were not really even friends at the start of COTBP. we seethem meet on the boat when he was rescued, then we jump to years later. Ok here is where it gets good. Will comes to the house to deliver the sword for Norrington. and he called Elizabeth Miss Swan, No 2 reason why he did that: 1) it was propper and customery at in that time to call any woman Miss and he was in fron of her father. 2) they were meerly aquantines not really friends at all, he liked her as a crush but I am not sure at this point she really even liked him as a crush. Next example same scene she tells Will she had a dream about him the night before about the night they met, but the key point is that she asks him do you remember! if they were friends that would have been something they surley would have talked about growing up why would she ask him if he rememberd. They dongt really seem to know each other at all. They were not lovers at the Pre COTBP I honestly dont even believe they would have been friends.
Here is the best part.:
We see the relationship of Will and Elizabeth start and the same time we see the Relationship of Jack and Elizabeth start
All in the same day she she starts the confusion for heself and all of us!!. she was not IMO in love with Will before COTBP. When Jacvk rescues her that same day I could see it in her eyes that she would eventually fall for hiim
So for people to say that Will and Elizabeth belng to gether because they have been together sicne they were children ins totally wrong.
She basically met Will and Jack on the same day. IMO she had only known of Will I do not think they were friends.
What do you guys think?
am I totally out in left field ?

PirateDiva
NO Makes total sense....i mean they knew each other longer yes?....but ur right...they were kind of like strangers at the beginign of COTBP....so yes she did get to know Jack and Will in the same time...and the only reason she stayed with Will is because she was still young and apparently she was crushing on him! Whatever!!

But in DMC she was more Mature....more womenly....and obviously needed a MAN and Not a BOY!! which is why she almost raped Jack on the Pearl *i know pervi mind..lol*

So yes shannastar....i like this theory....it makes sense!!!big grin

Surreal_44
Completely disagree. wink

I'll post more on why I disagree later. I'm too tired to post anything else right now. big grin

willofthewisp
I think Will and Liz were childhood friends, just constrained by society. Keep in mind Liz is a rebel and playing with a poor boy would be a pretty rebellious thing to do. I don't think they got to spend every day together or anything like that, but like it or not, she is very protective of Will and probably always has been.
Will, I think, was always very formal with her, but knew her well enough to see her courage, her sense of adventure. She's more than just some pretty face to him, I think. He just never thought he would have a chance with her, hence all the Miss Swann business at the beginning.

pirate179
goodness, all these theories and disscussions are really good! nice job guys!

IheartPocky
Mhmm I don't think they saw much of each other.. But they both had their little crushes.

Oh yeah, she said "Will! It's so good to see you!"

From that line we can presume there was not much seeing before um the end of CotBP. big grin

willofthewisp
Yeah, I think they saw each other sporadically, just whenever they had a chance. As they got older, I bet more efforts were put in to keep them apart just so something like the two of them getting engaged would never happen.

IheartPocky
What good that did. haha

PirateDiva
i know shes in love with a Notorious Pirate...lmao!!!

willofthewisp
I wonder if she ever told Will about pirates. You know how kids get when they're excited and they can only talk about one thing? I just wonder if she mentioned anything pirate related to him or if she kept her mouth shut because pirates had attacked him. I can see her doing both.

IheartPocky
Maybe she had a little crush on him more of because she thought he used to be a pirate?

At the end of the movie she called him a pirate too..

She wants him to be a pirate smile

PirateDiva
She doesnt want him to be a Pirate!!! She wants A PIRATE!!! and that Pirate is JACK!!!!!! big grin

ivebeendepped43
i laugh every time i c ur siggy surreal... and yes, SHE WANTS JACK!!!

IheartPocky
lol yess you see she was fooling herself trying to make herself believe that will was a pirate!

but yes i agree she wants Jack!! eek!

Sifzensinril
It doesn't look like Lizzie and Will kissed first time at the end of COTBP and next time on Isla de Cruces. so they haven't kissed each other too much

Chiki Mina
They were child hood freinds. They have this closeness and comfort with eachother.

Elizabeth: How many times must I say for you to call me Elizabeth.

Looks to me that Will and Liz have been hangin' out ever snce they met. And I guess Will developed a crush on Liz. Since then he probably never stopped calling her Miss Swann.

willofthewisp
But I think she had a crush on him too. You can't deny she did light up when she saw he was there that day and was really disappointed when he wouldn't even call her Elizabeth. You think she had doubts as they got older that he really had been a pirate?

lovethemtigers
I just think we don't much about what when on between Elizabeth and Will before COTBP....

She did look happy when she saw Will (but she hasn't met Jack yet!) Will (other than Norrie) seems to be the only eligible man around for her to crush on....

Will is still very formal with her...Miss Swann.
Will how many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth
At least once more, Miss Swann
Good day, Mr. Turner (ouch!)

and then when she is out of hearing range..."Goodbye...Elizabeth"

It's obvious they have crushes on each other...but how much do they really know about each other....they couldn't have spent much time together....afterall, he's only a blacksmith and she's the governor's daughter...

do ya'll think Will knew she had an obsession with Pirates.....I bet not
He hates Pirates..he practiced three hours a day so that when he met a Pirate he could kill it...

do you think Will has any idea how Horny Elizabeth is...I doubt it...
but I bet a certain captain does...

I know a certain Pirate who also knows about Liz's obsession with Pirates....

She knew everything about Jack....I guess that was that book she was reading in bed after she met him on the dock....her studying sure helped her to survive through all the hell she's been through since being captured by Pentel and Ragetti and brought to the Black Pearl....

willofthewisp
Don't you think she knew some of that before she read that book that night? I would think reading pirate books would be an everyday thing for her. I'm no expert on the book-printing world back then, so this is just a technicality question: since Jack's exploits are fairly recent news, meaning happened in the last couple of years, would he really be mentioned in a book especially if piracy had been in full swing for the last 100 years? I think she had heard of him before she met him. Watch the clip and see her reaction when they say his name. Everybody on that deck is like "holy crap! This is THAT guy?"

shannstar79
the main point I was trying to make was that I honestly dont believe the relationship between Will and Liz was developed and as complex as some tend to believe
I believe and this is my opinion only. that the relationship between Will and Liz and the relationship between Jack and Liz start to develop at the same exact time

shannstar79
Originally posted by willofthewisp
But I think she had a crush on him too. You can't deny she did light up when she saw he was there that day and was really disappointed when he wouldn't even call her Elizabeth. You think she had doubts as they got older that he really had been a pirate?

sure she had a crush on him it was him or Norrington and she sure didnt want Norringon, and plus thought he was a piratesmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.