Medal of Honour: Vanguard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
So I reserved MoH:Vanguard a few weeks back to get rid of my strange need to play a FPS game on the Wii and to pass the time till Super Paper Mario comes out next month and MoH seems (to me) to be the best FPS to come to the Wii thus far...so I reserved it.

The game came out today, but my local EB isn't getting it till tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else has picked it up (The Wii version) and could let me know how it plays etc.

K73SK
another moh....

and another game with the name vanguard, when did this word get popular!!!!!

Smasandian
Vanguard?

What, where the hell did Airborne go?

((The_Anomaly))
Airborne is coming out still, Vanguard and Airborne are not the same game. Airborne is not coming out on the Wii as far as I know just PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Vanguard is coming out on PS2 and Wii but the Wii version has better graphics and effects etc, as well as obvious enhanced Wiimote controls and obviously it runs in 16:9 and 480p.

Both are paratrooper games though and very similar in concept.

Smasandian
I see.

Horrible name for a title though...considering they'res an MMO coming out called Vanguard too.

MadMel
it was said originally that MOH airbourne was coming out on wii
has this changed??

Smasandian
I think its Vanguard because having two MOH games coming out for the Wii thats similiar is kinda of stupid.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea as far as I know Airborne isn't coming out on the Wii anymore.

Anyways, I picked this game up today, its pretty good, the best FPS on the Wii no doubt. I'm currently just wondering about its length though. This is a game that I am very sorry does not have online multiplayer because it would rock. Common Nintendo, lets get online! Other then that though its pretty sweet game.

K73SK
Originally posted by Smasandian
I see.

Horrible name for a title though...considering they'res an MMO coming out called Vanguard too. isn't it already out?

Smasandian
I have no clue.

I really dont care about MMO's that much.

I usually only play FPS and RTS on the computer....and since Stalker, and C&C3 is out, I'll be busy for awhile.....

K73SK
I have no clue.

I really dont care about MMO's that much.

I usually only play FPS and RTS on the computer....and since Stalker, and C&C3 is out, I'll be busy for awhile.....

the only MMO's i'm into are Rappelz, and i'm looking into the coming up Huxley

Smasandian
Hmmm....whats rappelz?

Morridini
What a coincidence, i was looking around Gamespot today and saw an add for Rappelz, had never heard of it before and checked their sites and decided to give it a try (considering it is free to download and play unlike most MMOs), and now all of a sudden i see it mentioned here...

Are u spying on me K73SK?

You can read about it here Smasandian: http://www.gpotato.com/index.php

MadMel
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways
back on topic stick out tongue
hopefully this has online..

Smasandian
For the Wii and PS2?

I highly doubt it.

MadMel
about online ot just the game itself??
if the latter - there was always a MOH airbourne game for wii
they just scrapped the name and put vanguard there instad erm

Bonie
I doubt its better then Call of Duty

MadMel
thats a matter of opinion

Bonie
Originally posted by MadMel

Thats right.. Maybe i will look in to it. But think i would buy C&C 3 first.

MadMel
command and conquer??
i think you mean COD3
this one is getting better reviews then cod3
but then again i dont trust reviews anymore
they're always stereotypical..

Morridini
Originally posted by MadMel

And what's not?

MadMel
er...............
you have me there
i suck at philosophy

((The_Anomaly))
It is better then COD3 (the Wii version anyways) its much much better.

Smasandian
Gamerankings has this game at 50%.

Eckkk

MadMel
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
It is better then COD3 (the Wii version anyways) its much much better.
what, its out?!?!

((The_Anomaly))
Gamerankings has this game at 50%.

Eckkk

Yea I honestly don't know why, its a good game. Its not amazing by any standards, but its the best FPS for Wii and it is better then COD3 (the Wii version).

Main problems I have with the game:

1) Too many actions on the nunchuck. For some reason they mapped Reload, duck, jump, AND the 180 turn to the nunchuck even though duck and jump are already the Z and C buttons on the nunchuck. This results in it hardly ever doing the two things you NEED it to do i.e. Reload and the 180 turn, So I've been forced to using the out of reach "2" button to reload instead, very annoying. You'll go to reload and it will duck instead, or you go to reload and it will do the 180 turn. They should have had reload as a "down" motion on the nunchuck (as this motion seems to be read the best in my experience) and the 180 turn anything else. Jump and duck don't need motion controls, especially when there are already buttons for it.

2) The poor hit boxes and the lack of range on some guns at times. It sometimes seems like you can never hit a person no matter how many times you shoot at them (only happens at a distance). However the NPC's can still hit YOU with pinpoint accuracy. Very frustrating, though it doesn't happen constantly, it happens enough to be irritating.

3) The length of the game, its way too short, and I started playing it in Elite (the hardest difficulty available at the beginning)

4) The sometimes frustrating placement of the checkpoints a la Rainbow Six Vegas.

5) Though its not EA's fault, the lack of online multiplayer.

Other then those things its a good game, nothing special, but good if your looking for some FPS action on the Wii that isnt Red Steel (which I liked a good deal) I'd say it deserves about a 7/10. Decent, but room for A LOT of improvement.

AstroFan
So is this what we are to expect from EA on the Wii? Every game they have released on Wii is a PS2 game with Wii controls(with varying success, if you can call it success).

The only EA game that Ive enjoyed so far is Madden, and it looks like a N64 game. Still need to play this and Godfather.

Smasandian
Dude, the things you mentioned make it sound likes its shit.

Bad controls, poor hit detection (pretty important I might add for a game that you shoot people), way to short, plus its another Medal of Honor game with the same lame objectives like blowing up artillary and anti aircraft guns ( a must have for ww2 games, blah)

It's probably alright, but its another WW2 games and well main mechanies that are ****ed up probably kept the scores in the 50% range.

MadMel
why cant there be a good wii fps for once
the wii is bloody perfect for them
hopefully battalion wats doesnt screw up..

Smasandian
Because its cheap to produce on the Wii.....

Saw some footage, and yeah, definitly not interested in this one. I actually think its an carbon copy of the original Medal Of Honor Allied Assault.

MadMel
edit erm

MadMel
heh, havent played any of them erm

Smasandian
Allied Assault was pretty sweet.

It was literally the first WW2 game to be really immersive. The Omaha beach sequence was awesome when it first came out.

As you can tell, alot of the developers start Infinity Ward which creates Call of Duty.

Discos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.