Favorite hotspots...around the way or vacationing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Where do you like to spend the night out either when you are on vacation or around home? Well known restaurants, happening nightclubs, out of the way stores, little known areas in nature, dirty movie theaters, seedy comic shops, bar venues or shopping plaza's?

I like to spend time in a comic shop that is in downtown pittsburgh in the basement of a very old building. It's a two level joint. Basement is all comics, first level is all dvd's 6000 titles of the newest and rarest flicks. Started going there two years ago and i am now a regular atleast once a week. Rarely buy more than two comics a trip, i go and spend upwards to two hours talking about the most important issues with the other comic cats.

the waterfront is cool too. Just a gathering area of shops, restaurants, theaters and music venues.

ragesRemorse
hey rage... what about the other place?

ragesRemorse
what other place remorse?...i dont know television!!!!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Bali. Wake with the sunrise. Surf for 4 hours. Eat some banana pancakes. Sleep for a couple of hours. Surf till sunset. Eat freshly-caught red snapper cooked on a BBQ with veg, rice and spices. Drink some Bintangs. Play cards. Sleep. Repeat.

With views like this for about US$5/night:

chillmeistergen
Bali too lol. I absolutely love it, surf all day on the nicest beaches ever, go out all night in a friendly atmosphere and lovely bintang beer to drink. Brilliant place. P.S forgot to add that chilling out in Kuta is genius aswell, gotta love the drinkin scene

lil bitchiness
Eastern Thessaloniki is one of my fave holiday spots.

Flame On!!
I adore the south of France particularly the vinyard regions.

Wine, good food, nice people (the french are actually really nice people).

-FO!!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Bali too lol. I absolutely love it, surf all day on the nicest beaches ever, go out all night in a friendly atmosphere and lovely bintang beer to drink. Brilliant place. P.S forgot to add that chilling out in Kuta is genius aswell, gotta love the drinkin scene

Kuta is fun once a week if you want to go loco, but I prefer the warungs down Bingin way. Or the seafood on the shore at Jimbaran Bay. Too perfect.

Fire
Hmm I almost always go some where different for the holidays so I don't really have a place where I come every holiday.
Places I hang out during the rest of the year. Local bars in Leuven (my town): 'In den Engel' in English it means 'At the Angel' it's a small quite pub with a generally older crowd. On Friday it's a gathering place for a few of my friends and I. Basically because a friend of us (and the girlfriend of one) works there that evening.
Another place is a bar called the 'Seven Oaks'. It's named after a village in the UK I think. It's a very old bar that has been around for decades. Recently (last couple of years) it got a new owner who really turned up the place. Now it's a pretty famous bar in Leuven with a good nightlife. The place is packed almost everything. People come for the music (commercial pop music, although they do play rock and a hint of metal in the wee hours) and of course the 'jenever'. Jenever is a kind of liquor which has about 20% alcohol and which can be made with almost whatever flavour you want. There are two kinds of jenever, creamy and clear ones. Creamy ones have a creamy feeling -kinda like Baileys- most popular flavours are: vanilla, chocolate, mokka, dame-blanch (blending vanilla and chocolate). Clear ones generally taste like fruit most popular flavours here are apple, pineapple, cactus, lemon, cherish, strawberry, clear vanilla, orange and so many others. In total they have about 20 types of jenever. Of course you can also get beer, spirits and soda's.

I welcome everyone who ever comes to Belgium (and of course to Leuven, you're a dumbass if you miss leuven when in Belgium) to go there and taste for yourself.

Oh you have to be 16 to get booze, but don't think that's a problem here.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Fire
Hmm I almost always go some where different for the holidays so I don't really have a place where I come every holiday.
Places I hang out during the rest of the year. Local bars in Leuven (my town): 'In den Engel' in English it means 'At the Angel' it's a small quite pub with a generally older crowd. On Friday it's a gathering place for a few of my friends and I. Basically because a friend of us (and the girlfriend of one) works there that evening.
Another place is a bar called the 'Seven Oaks'. It's named after a village in the UK I think. It's a very old bar that has been around for decades. Recently (last couple of years) it got a new owner who really turned up the place. Now it's a pretty famous bar in Leuven with a good nightlife. The place is packed almost everything. People come for the music (commercial pop music, although they do play rock and a hint of metal in the wee hours) and of course the 'jenever'. Jenever is a kind of liquor which has about 20% alcohol and which can be made with almost whatever flavour you want. There are two kinds of jenever, creamy and clear ones. Creamy ones have a creamy feeling -kinda like Baileys- most popular flavours are: vanilla, chocolate, mokka, dame-blanch (blending vanilla and chocolate). Clear ones generally taste like fruit most popular flavours here are apple, pineapple, cactus, lemon, cherish, strawberry, clear vanilla, orange and so many others. In total they have about 20 types of jenever. Of course you can also get beer, spirits and soda's.

I welcome everyone who ever comes to Belgium (and of course to Leuven, you're a dumbass if you miss leuven when in Belgium) to go there and taste for yourself.

Oh you have to be 16 to get booze, but don't think that's a problem here.

Sevenoaks is in Kent. I know it well it's about 20 minutes from outer London Fire.

-FO!!

Fire
Aha could be, never been there myself. If I ever visit the region I'll surely stop by. There used to be football matches between the bar and the town.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Fire
Aha could be, never been there myself. If I ever visit the region I'll surely stop by. There used to be football matches between the bar and the town.

It's a pretty place, it has a borough council for the region and even it's own theatre.

-FO!!

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Kuta is fun once a week if you want to go loco, but I prefer the warungs down Bingin way. Or the seafood on the shore at Jimbaran Bay. Too perfect.

Yeah mate I agree. I'm a fan of North Bali as well, I stayed in a small village called Tejakula up there and it was fantastic. Especially getting to see whale sharks and hundreds of dolphins it was brilliant. I'm going to try and get accommodation near dreamland beach this year I think, can't wait to surf indo again!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.