Spartans vs Clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

teampac08
Army of Spartans (from Halo) vs Clones (from Star Wars)

Who wins?

Oh, and let's base this on even numbers. I know that the clones are bigger in number. So, say if there was an even amount of both, whod win?

exanda kane
Chuck Norris

LORDSIDIOUS01
Bruce Lee or Jet Li.

((The_Anomaly))
The Clones for sure.

doan_m
Depends on what kind of support weapons or vehicles are in play. If this is strictly an infantry only type battle then you can expect the Spartans to win. However when you roll in the heavy guns i.e. tanks, walkers etc. The clones are at a major advantage.

Count Makashi
And 1 Spartan is better in hand to hand combat then 1 Clone, they are also allot more powerful and they have a better suit, but with all the Equipment and vehicles the Clones win-and the Clones are so cool.

Spartan005
Umm the spartans are super soldiers... they have better reflexes, are stronger, and can run about 6x as fast as any normal human can so they would probably win. And I'm not just saying that because I'm obsessed with Halo (I love Star Wars too)

Silverstein
Vin Diesel

unless it was the 300 spartans then spartans would win

teampac08
Originally posted by Count Makashi
And 1 Spartan is better in hand to hand combat then 1 Clone, they are also allot more powerful and they have a better suit, but with all the Equipment and vehicles the Clones win-and the Clones are so cool.

Down the line they end up with covenant technology as well, that should even that part up. Anyway, I just find it hard for the spartans to lose to soldiers that have lost to ewoks. cool

doan_m
Actually that's incorrect. It was not the clones of the Republic that had lost to ewoks at all. During the era of the galactic empire, stormtroopers got diluted as new and different host got introduced for cloning, which explains the capability gap that exist between Republic clone troopers and Galactic Empire clone troopers.

teampac08
Yeah, but arent spartans the more skilled soldiers, regardless of what era of clones we're speaking of. Furthermore, Spartans were trained to compensate for the covenants obvious technological advances by adopting their weapons into their repetiore of weapons; ergo, if such an occasion were to happen that they were to meet the more technologically advanced Republic Clone Troopers, they would do what they were breed,born, and trained to do: adapt and smash those troopers.

doan_m
Were such a situation to exist where both would attempt to out do each other since likewise, Clone troopers are also highly capable of adapting to the enemy. ARC troopers, being the elite of the republic excel in situations that normal clone troopers would have been incapable of dealing with. Besides I in no way was backing up the Clone troopers for a win, merely pointing out the fallacy of saying that the clone troopers were the galactic empire versions.

teampac08
Originally posted by doan_m
Were such a situation to exist where both would attempt to out do each other since likewise, Clone troopers are also highly capable of adapting to the enemy. ARC troopers, being the elite of the republic excel in situations that normal clone troopers would have been incapable of dealing with. Besides I in no way was backing up the Clone troopers for a win, merely pointing out the fallacy of saying that the clone troopers were the galactic empire versions.

Yeah, I know the Clone troopers are different. I was just messing around, thought that the cool face right after my sentence would show that. big grin

Blaxican
Originally posted by Spartan005
Umm the spartans are super soldiers... they have better reflexes, are stronger, and can run about 6x as fast as any normal human can so they would probably win. And I'm not just saying that because I'm obsessed with Halo (I love Star Wars too)

Except that the clones aren't humans, they're mandalorians. Mandalorians can go toe-to-toe with JEDI in hand-to-hand combat (Jango took out multiple Jedi in H2H by himself).

Not to mention that blaster rifles > projectile weapons.

EDIT: And theres no proof sayign that Spartans are better trained.

teampac08
Originally posted by Blaxican
Except that the clones aren't humans, they're mandalorians. Mandalorians can go toe-to-toe with JEDI in hand-to-hand combat (Jango took out multiple Jedi in H2H by himself).

Not to mention that blaster rifles > projectile weapons.

EDIT: And theres no proof sayign that Spartans are better trained.

Mandalorians are humans in the star wars universe. They are a different culture, not a different species from other humans. Yes they are tough, and fighting is what they are born to do. They have no physical advantages over a regular human, just that they were a warrior race that thrived in battling foes. Spartans, however, are superior than humans both physically and mentally. Spartans were originally normal humans that were taken and trained at an early age. After hitting a certain age, these humans were given boosts in physical and mental abilities. Examples included increased strength in bones and muscles and increase in reflexes through experimentation. Technology for Spartans are formidable as well. Their suits have recharging shields and ai that further improves their already increased reflexes. Remember, Spartans are trained to go up against a bigger army with better technology (covenant). Since the rules state that there are even numbers between both opponents, Spartans are in good shape here.

teampac08
Also you have stated that Jango could take multiple jedis in hand to hand combat. Though the clones are made after him, they do not have the years of experience that Jango holds, nor the unique weapons that Jango has as a bounty hunter. I doubt that all clone troopers can take multiple jedis at once. Spartans do not hold the advantage of numbers that clones have in a battle. They were often outnumbered in battle since the covenant is naturally a larger army. Many are used to fighting multiple opponents at once. To see how effective a Spartan is, just look at Master Chief's adventures. Yes, he is the highest ranking Spartan but the others are not far behind in terms of skill and tactical ability.

doan_m
Originally posted by teampac08
Their suits have recharging shields and ai that further improves their already increased reflexes.
To add on to that, said Mjolinir battle armor is capable of withstanding reentry into a given planet as has been demonstrated in the Halo 3 graphic novel.

doan_m
ok.... looking back I need to make a correction. There is no halo 3 graphic novel. I just meant to say Halo Graphic novel.

Ok... move along....

Strangelove
Sci-Fi Fantasy vs Thread at the top of the page roll eyes (sarcastic)

Reporting

doan_m
^Which is unfettered, unorganized reading that's impossible to decipher. Separate threads act better as it makes for easier reference as to what the hell is going on and what kind of thread can be expected.

ragesRemorse
storm troopers have lasers, but the spartans have non plastic body armour. I say the guys with the lasers win though.

the clones in republic commando were pretty badass too, much like the spartans.

doan_m
lasers does not always equal an instant win. There are other factors to consider such as the ability to absorb laser damage, the ability to aim with such a weapon, the magnitude of the power of the weapon itself and of course the general competence of the wielder of the weapon.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
storm troopers have lasers, but the spartans have non plastic body armour. I say the guys with the lasers win though.

the clones in republic commando were pretty badass too, much like the spartans.

1 ARC is equal to their squad (all four of them). ARC's could take the Spartans.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by doan_m
lasers does not always equal an instant win.

Yes...yes it does. think of it this way, a battle of war technology equivelant to actual greek spartans against the united states marines. I dont know many people who given the chance would pick the team with bullets over the team with lasers. If it counts for anything, the spartans look cooler

Ushgarak
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/356762_1-sci-fi-fantasy-vs-thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.