The Saturn Hexagon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/03/27/hexagon_spa.html?category=space&guid=20070327163030&dcitc=w19-502-ak-0000

what the heck could cause this?

confused

Bardock42
Pretty ****ing cool.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by leonidas
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/03/27/hexagon_spa.html?category=space&guid=20070327163030&dcitc=w19-502-ak-0000

what the heck could cause this?

confused

My guess and it is merely a guess is that it has something to do with anti chaos. Order and patterns forming in disorderly systems. This can happen spontaneously and given the size of the Universe it seems likely such things occasionally happen on a huge scale in Giant systems if they can happen on a small scale in a gas cloud in a lab.

-FO!!

Bicnarok
Now that IS interesting. Whatever causes the magnetic pole (its molten iron on earth) may have something to do with it. Its a gas planet after all and the magnetic forces may be different.

But is very unusual, is it there all the time or just a one off like a sheep in the clouds?

Shakyamunison
Here is another article about the hexagon:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/media/cassini-20070327.html

Mindship
Arthur C. Clarke got it wrong: it's not the Monolith from Jupiter that kickstarted human evolution; it's the Hexagon from Saturn (cue Thus Spake Zarathustra).

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Mindship
Arthur C. Clarke got it wrong: it's not the Monolith from Jupiter that kickstarted human evolution; it's the Hexagon from Saturn (cue Thus Spake Zarathustra).

laughing

-FO!!

chithappens
Seriously, that's just freaky! Who the hell seriously thinks hexagons just naturally appear on a planet?

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Flame On!!
laughing

-FO!!

I for one

My guess and it is merely a guess is that it has something to do with anti chaos. Order and patterns forming in disorderly systems. This can happen spontaneously and given the size of the Universe it seems likely such things occasionally happen on a huge scale in Giant systems if they can happen on a small scale in a gas cloud in a lab.

-FO!!

chithappens
I want proof. Not saying it's not true, but please provide evidence if possible

Flame On!!
Originally posted by chithappens
I want proof. Not saying it's not true, but please provide evidence if possible

Read Anti Chaos by Glick.

That's anti not auntie.

wink

-FO!!

Capt_Fantastic
This is more proof that god exists.

chithappens
Sigh, and what book of the Bible does he put hexagons on Saturn?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

eek! It's a big button that only god can push. He will push it at the end of the world. laughing out loud

Flame On!!

Do you believe in God cap. Do you see him as a man and believe men are made in his godly image?

smile

-FO!!

Shakyamunison
Do you believe in God cap. Do you see him as a man and believe men are made in his godly image?

smile

-FO!!

You don't know Capt_Fantastic, do you? laughing

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You don't know Capt_Fantastic, do you? laughing

smile

No of course not. I'm quite new here.

-FO!!

Capt_Fantastic

smile

-FO!!

No. I see him as a giant gaseous hexagon that has chosen to make his home on Saturn.

Shakyamunison
smile

No of course not. I'm quite knew here.

-FO!!

laughing

grey fox
Originally posted by Bardock42
Pretty ****ing cool.

Co-sign

Flame On!!
No. I see him as a giant gaseous hexagon that has chosen to make his home on Saturn.

I see

shifty

-FO!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.