ZOMG!!! Everybody look here!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Now that I have your attention...

A problem has been buggin me. Has to do with finding a good match/gauging the forum's views on one particular person. Namely: Gamora.

Essentially this shall be a "Gamora vs. ???" thread. Who is the weakest person that can take at least 5.5/10 against her?

Only general combat powers are allowed. H2H combat, beams (but not on Cyclops' all-out level), super strength, etc. No telepathy, no super speed, no plot device powers (Kitty's phasing, Layla Miller's predictions, etc.).

They fight in a huge open daisy field. They start twenty feet apart.

There shall be two fight scenarios:
1) They're both equipped with a big club
2) Gamora has her sword (assume it's unbreakable), and they have their weapons. Guns and such are allowed. Nukes are not. Kapeesh?

So...

With the above stipulations, who's the weakest person that could take 5.5/10 against Gamora?

Redatom65
what's the z in zomg stand for shifty

bigbran
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

A problem has been buggin me. Has to do with finding a good match/gauging the forum's views on one particular person. Namely: Gamora.

Essentially this shall be a "Gamora vs. ???" thread. Who is the weakest person that can take at least 5.5/10 against her?

Only general combat powers are allowed. H2H combat, beams (but not on Cyclops' all-out level), super strength, etc. No telepathy, no super speed, no plot device powers (Kitty's phasing, Layla Miller's predictions, etc.).

2) Gamora has her sword (assume it's unbreakable), and they have their weapons. Guns and such are allowed. Nukes are not. Kapeesh?

So...

With the above stipulations, who's the weakest person that could take 5.5/10 against Gamora? I'm just saying Captain Mar-Vell could beat her in h2h... f*ck if I know how many times...

bigbran
Originally posted by Redatom65
what's the z in zomg stand for shifty I just pronounce it:
"Zo my god"...

Soljer
Adam Warlock could take her hand to hand, even barring his other powers.

What about the Godslayer?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by bigbran
I just pronounce it:
"Zo my god"... That's always what I've thought. srug

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
Adam Warlock could take her hand to hand, even barring his other powers.

What about the Godslayer? I'd argue he couldn't... not that I'm an AW fan, but I still would. If only for the sake of the thread.

You can argue with and without it.

Badabing
what's the z in zomg stand for shifty
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/zomg-46380.jpg
durfist

SpunkySmurph
IMO, with Godslayer, Gamora takes a large majority over Adam Warlock H2H

Without Godslayer (but with her sword), she takes a slight majority over Adam Warlock H2H

bigbran
I'm just saying Captain Mar-Vell could beat her in h2h... f*ck if I know how many times...

SpunkySmurph
Well, I highly doubt for a majority...

bigbran
Well, I highly doubt for a majority... I don't.

Validus
Captain Marvel beats her for a majority...

SpunkySmurph
I don't. Well, I'll bite. The thread needs some debate.

Gamora ftw!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Validus
Captain Marvel beats her for a majority... I don't doubt it.

Captain Mar-Vell, however...

Validus
I don't doubt it.

Captain Mar-Vell, however...
Damn. laughing out loud

Martian_mind
RAGMAN!!! WTF pwns her

shifty

sex

DigiMark007
Is this all powers or just H2H? Because someone like Warlock is >>>> Gamora with powers, but roughly equal in H2H, depending on who you're talking to.

bigbran
I don't doubt it.

Captain Mar-Vell, however... Captain Mar-Vell has made Ronan look like a common street thug in h2h. Went punch to punch with Namor underwater.
Was about to finish Hulk before he was powered up, but the idiot took too long...
One-punched his first enemy, after he got all his upgrades.
Beat up about 5 robots, who were each as strong as Iron Man... while 2 of them had already pawned Iron Man.

What has Gamora done again? Oh ya, stalemated Ronan...

Validus
I just pronounce it:
"Zo my god"...
I do too but you aren't supposed to. It's a typo that comes from trying to hit the shift key so it only works in text. Saying it just defeats the purpose. It's the same thing if you try to pronounce the P in pwned. It's really pronounced as owned.

Ahem. no expression

guy222

So...

With the above stipulations, who's the weakest person that could take 5.5/10 against Gamora?

Adam Warlock

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Is this all powers or just H2H? Because someone like Warlock is >>>> Gamora with powers, but roughly equal in H2H, depending on who you're talking to. Oh, I know. Soljer brought up Warlock menos his other powers. She would get stomped, otherwise...

bigbran
I do too but you aren't supposed to. It's a typo that comes from trying to hit the shift key so it only works in text. Saying it just defeats the purpose. It's the same thing if you try to pronounce the P in pwned. It's really pronounced as owned.

Ahem. no expression Oh... history lesson with Validus...

Also, I also say "pwned" as if someone forgot the "a"...

Symmetric Chaos
Oh... history lesson with Validus...

Forgot the "a"? Where is there in a in owned?

Endless Mike
Gamora sort of like Karate Kid, that is she doesn't really have superpowers but she can take on top tiers in HtH

bigbran
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Forgot the "a"? Where is there in a in owned? "P(a)wned"

Validus

There's two common ways people say "pwned". Your way and by just saying owned as if it had a "p" in front. I've also heard it done as "pooned" but that sounds pretty, well, awful.

NiņoAraņa
"P(a)wned" yeah, i say it like that....cus ownd sounds racist to my friends ermm

SpunkySmurph
Captain Mar-Vell has made Ronan look like a common street thug in h2h. Went punch to punch with Namor underwater.
Was about to finish Hulk before he was powered up, but the idiot took too long...
Beat up about 5 robots, who were each as strong as Iron Man... while 2 of them had already pawned Iron Man.

What has Gamora done again? Oh ya, stalemated Ronan... And she was winning, and caused him to maz out his universal weapon, something Mar-Vell has never done.

I'm not claiming she's stronger. She's damn strong, but it's more in her skill, and in this case, her weapons advantages. She's made a fool of She-Hulk, while battling other opponents at the same time, and this was pre-upgrade, so a Hulk that hasn't gotten very mad yet isn't much of a big deal.

And she's fiercly sparred with thanos, taken on literally hundreds of rough and tough, combat armed aliens at the same time, etc. etc.

UniOmni
There's two common ways people say "pwned". Your way and by just saying owned as if it had a "p" in front. I've also heard it done as "pooned" but that sounds pretty, well, awful.

You gatdamned supernerd!@

laughing

Validus

SpunkySmurph

Also, I also say "pwned" as if someone forgot the "a"... Me too. yes

I've also heard "Poned". But it sounds vaguely like a few other, worse things, and it sounds just bad in general.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
You gatdamned supernerd!@

laughing
I can't be the only person who has ever heard of urban dictionary.

bigbran
And she was winning, and caused him to maz out his universal weapon, something Mar-Vell has never done.

I'm not claiming she's stronger. She's damn strong, but it's more in her skill, and in this case, her weapons advantages. She's made a fool of She-Hulk, while battling other opponents at the same time, and this was pre-upgrade, so a Hulk that hasn't gotten very mad yet isn't much of a big deal.

And she's fiercly sparred with thanos, taken on literally hundreds of rough and tough, combat armed aliens at the same time, etc. etc. No, Mar-Vell just KOed his ass... in about two or so panels...
Also, what the f*ck does "maz" mean? Did he spray his big hammer all over the place, or something? shifty
"Cuz" that's what it sounds like...

Hulk is still Hulk, and I forget whether or not he was mad... but he should have been...

She never got hit by Thanos...
So has Mar-Vell...
Btw... he has also fought a Watcher.

Martian_mind
I've been to that!!!

Bastard site ruined my innocence.

Skeets
I can't be the only person who has ever heard of urban dictionary.
Is that really urban?ermmnone

darthgoober
I would LOVE to see a fight between Gamora and Mar-Vell. Gamora's stronger and more skilled, but Mar-Vell can counter her strength through amping and his cosmic awareness makes up for her skill advantage. I'm reserving my opinion about who takes the majority until I put some more thought into it, but it won't be a stomp either way I can guarantee.

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Is that really urban?ermmnone
As urban as it gets on the internet I suppose.

Skeets
Can't exactly go around saying that shit on the streets now,can we? haermm

Validus
Can't exactly go around saying that shit on the streets now,can we? haermm
Perhaps on the streets of Connecticut.

SpunkySmurph
No, Mar-Vell just KOed his ass... in about two or so panels...
Also, what the f*ck does "maz" mean? Did he spray his big hammer all over the place, or something? shifty
"Cuz" that's what it sounds like...

Hulk is still Hulk, and I forget whether or not he was mad... but he should have been...

She never got hit by Thanos...
Sounds vaguely PIS-ish... but whatever.

Maybe to you. Oh, and I meant MAX. Which he has never done for Mar-Vell, I'll repeat.

And Drax is Drax, and Maxam is Maxam. She held her own against them as well, and that was pre-upgrade.

No, but Thanos tried, and it was stated that they were trying to hit each other. She hit him multiple times. Says something.

Skeets
Perhaps on the streets of Connecticut.
That's funny you say that...haermm
I went over there not too long ago,mother****ing corner stores are like a mile away....no expression

Validus
That's funny you say that...haermm
I went over there not too long ago,mother****ing corner stores are like a mile away....no expression
They're too good for corner stores. sad

Skeets
I need my bodega...

bigbran
Sounds vaguely PIS-ish... but whatever.

Maybe to you. Oh, and I meant MAX. Which he has never done for Mar-Vell, I'll repeat.

And Drax is Drax, and Maxam is Maxam. She held her own against them as well, and that was pre-upgrade.

No, but Thanos tried, and it was stated that they were trying to hit each other. She hit him multiple times. Says something. Oh I butt in the minds of you...

That's my new word now... "maz".
Because he didn't have the opportunity to...
He got his ass toyed with and fondled.

Also, Ronan has never done this to Surfer either... so this means Gamora is more powerful?

Mar-Vell fought Drax...

They were sparring... he was testing out her new body... still, she did nothing to him.

Validus
I need my bodega...
Oh yeah. I spent some time around NYC a few summers ago. I lived in the bodega.

Skeets
Oh yeah. I spent some time around NYC a few summers ago. I lived in the bodega.
You're Spanish eh?13

SpunkySmurph
Oh I butt in the minds of you...

That's my new word now... "maz".
Because he didn't have the oppurtunity to...
He got his ass toyed with and fondled.

Also, Ronan has never done this to Surfer either... so this means Gamora is more powerful?

Mar-Vell fought Drax...

They were sparring... he was testing out her new body... still, she did nothing to him. I certainly don't have your butt in my mind. leftright

Have I already made the PIS-ish remark yet?

Never said it = more power. Just stated a fact. But, hell, if you wanna think that, go right ahead.

...congratulations?

I was reffering to pre-upgrade Gamora. When they were sparring so fiercely, Gamora dislocated Drax's jaw for interfering.

bigbran
You're Spanish eh?13 No... according to his avi, he's bald.

Validus
You're Spanish eh?13
No. I just love the bodega!!11!1

Skeets
No... according to his avi, he's bald.
Oh you..13
No. I just love the bodega!!11!1
You be buying Loosies for 50 cents..haermm

bigbran
I certainly don't have your butt in my mind. leftright

Have I already made the PIS-ish remark yet?

Never said it = more power. Just stated a fact. But, hell, if you wanna think that, go right ahead.

...congratulations?

I was reffering to pre-upgrade Gamora. When they were sparring so fiercely, Gamora dislocated Drax's jaw for interfering. My butt is in the minds of all...

Yes, and yet... I see no reason...

So, why exactly are you stating it? I could do the same in a Surfer vs Gamora thread, and yet, it would mean nothing, then...

You butter believe it.

Oh, I believe you missed something... Gamora AND Thanos dislocated his jaw for interfering.

Validus
You be buying Loosies for 50 cents..haermm
I couldn't afford a full pack. haermm

Soljer
Woo! You tell him Bra....Smurph....

Uhhh...

Which one of you payed me to root for you, again?

SpunkySmurph
My butt is in the minds of all...

So, why exactly are you stating it? I could do the same in a Surfer vs Gamora thread, and yet, it would mean nothing, then...

You butter believe it.

Oh, I believe you missed something... Gamora AND Thanos dislocated his jaw for interfering. Blah blah blah, Bran's butt, blah blah blah

I'll skip to the debateable point (the last one)

You better check your scans, Sparky. Gamora hits him in the jaw while he's holding Thanos... then Drax asks why the "green lady hit him"... then Thanos and Gamora both send him flying backwards by hitting him in the abdomen, and he comments to Warlock that his jaw is dislocated.

bigbran
Originally posted by Soljer
Woo! You tell him Bra....Smurph....

Uhhh...

Which one of you payed me to root for you, again? It was Martian, and he didn't pay you to root for anyone...
Dp ftw.
Blah blah blah, Bran's butt, blah blah blah

I'll skip to the debateable point (the last one)

You better check your scans, Sparky. Gamora hits him in the jaw while he's holding Thanos... then Drax asks why the "green lady hit him"... then Thanos and Gamora both send him flying backwards by hitting him in the abdomen, and he comments to Warlock that his jaw is dislocated. I thought the other parts were very debatable...

I see you may be right... for a change... weird...
Also, I was mostly thinking of when they punched him away...

Anyway... Mar-Vell ftw.

SpunkySmurph

I thought the other parts were very debatable...

Half of it was about your rear end and butter. The rest was just a tiny bit of talking with "..."

But, if I must...

You butter believe it.

Oh, I believe you missed something... Gamora AND Thanos dislocated his jaw for interfering.

Because he's generally protrayed as a better combatant with smarter combat techniques and not a jobber? Maybe?

Luckily, this isn't a Surfer vs. Gamora thread.

See? Butter.

Already talked about that one...

TricksterPriest
pre-upgrade, I'd love to see her fight IF. Danny would be a hell of a person for her to fight. Might have to nerf her healing factor to make it fair though......

bigbran
Half of it was about your rear end and butter. The rest was just a tiny bit of talking with "..."

But, if I must...

Because he's generally protrayed as a better combatant with smarter combat techniques and not a jobber? Maybe?

Luckily, this isn't a Surfer vs. Gamora thread.

See? Butter.

Already talked about that one... Hey... I make my living with my dot, dot, dots...
You wouldn't want me to put "dot, dot, dot" after each sentence, would you?

Mar-Vell isn't a jobber... you're just a Mar-Vell hater...

Stop stealing my words, you maz!

SpunkySmurph
Hey... I make my living with my dot, dot, dots...
You wouldn't want me to put "dot, dot, dot" after each sentence, would you?

Mar-Vell isn't a jobber... you're just a Mar-Vell hater...

Stop stealing my words, you maz! Don't you already?

I didn't say he was. I said Ronan jobbed.

Pssh. You just ripped off my typo.

Oh, and Gamora ftw.

bigbran
Don't you already?

I didn't say he was. I said Ronan jobbed.

Pssh. You just ripped off my typo.

Oh, and Gamora ftw. You butt your ass dot dot dot

That's because you're a Mar-Vell hater.

I feed off your mistakes, and grow stronger. Also, I made up the meaning dot dot dot

Bah, bah, bah, bullshit.

SpunkySmurph
Rather then trade clever blows with you, I'll just ask if that's all you've got for Mar-Vell's win.

bigbran
Rather then trade clever blows with you, I'll just ask if that's all you've got for Mar-Vell's win. Can't keep up I see dot dot dot
Captain Mar-Vell has made Ronan look like a common street thug in h2h. Went punch to punch with Namor underwater.

What has Gamora done again? Oh ya, stalemated Ronan...

SpunkySmurph
I thought I refuted all of that?

Anyways... Gamora has the skill edge, the weapons edge, is at LEAST damn close in strength and reactions. She takes this.

darthgoober

Anyways... Gamora has the skill edge, the weapons edge, is at LEAST damn close in strength and reactions. She takes this.
Actually Gamora is probably superior in strength(though Mar-Vell can close the gap via amping), but their reflexes are a toss up. I'm still having to think about this one.

bigbran

Anyways... Gamora has the skill edge, the weapons edge, is at LEAST damn close in strength and reactions. She takes this. You tried, and mazzed instead.

So, if Gamora gets the Godslayer... do we give Mar-Vell his super powers?

Also, I don't think you have seen Mar-Vell maz all over Ronan's face...
OK, found something... interesting...
Do you think that Spider-Man could do this to Ronan and Sentry?
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4724/captainmarvel4916uf8.th.jpg

Down goes Sentry... Mar-Vell is bringing it to Ronan...
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4340/captainmarvel4917pj6.th.jpg

That's one savage class 10 beating Ronan got...
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1184/captainmarvel4918om9.th.jpg

Or, when he mazzed all over a bunch of Iron Man levels...
Maybe this won't change your mind:
He has already... no expression

Also, another good skill/strength feat.

Cosmic kung-fu.
After Iron Man got his ass handed to him, by like three of these guys...
Mar-Vell uses his cosmic awareness to beat them all...
All of these guys are as strong as Iron Man...
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5788/captainmarvel3218fa2.th.jpg

Crushes some heads... Rick Jones gets switched before he can take them down...
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5362/captainmarvel3219zt3.th.jpg

He is stronger than 10 tons, or at least, his skill is good enough to make it look like he is stronger than about 5 Iron Man level beings... by far...

SpunkySmurph
He charged a Ronan that was mentally ill, and that was laughing as Mar-Vell was pummeling him, while portraying no other emotions, and staring into space.

Great feat.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by darthgoober
Actually Gamora is probably superior in strength Yes, one would think so.

He's a class 10.

She's a woman who can clash weapons with Ronan, and have the resulting vibrations cause people in a nearby village to fall to their feet...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/img024iv5-1.jpg

bigbran
He charged a Ronan that was mentally ill, and that was laughing as Mar-Vell was pummeling him, while portraying no other emotions, and staring into space.

Great feat. He started laughing afterwards... after he got his ass kicked dot dot dot
He was insane, not retarded.

This is the same comic...
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3759/captainmarvel4914js1.th.jpg

bigbran
Yes, one would think so.

He's a class 10.

She's a woman who can clash weapons with Ronan, and have the resulting vibrations cause people in a nearby village to fall to their feet...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/img024iv5-1.jpg What? Are you mazzing joking about him being a class 10?

This was before any of his upgrades...
Captain Marvel #4.
Here he fights Namor. He enters the water, and fights Namor just as Hulk has in the past... He has a good punch-to-punch match with Namor.
Then, Mar-Vell blinds Namor, and they keep fighting. Namor then lights off the bomb, and both of them get blown away. From what I can tell,
Mar-Vell won... Anyway.
http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/969429/captainmarvel0414.jpg http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/969430/captainmarvel0415.jpg http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/969431/captainmarvel0416.jpg http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/969432/captainmarvel0417.jpg
http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/969433/captainmarvel0418.jpg http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/969434/captainmarvel0419.jpg http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/969435/captainmarvel0420.jpg http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/969436/captainmarvel0421.jpg

SpunkySmurph
What? Are you mazzing joking about him being a class 10?

This was before any of his upgrades... Meh. He staggered Namor a bit. She's still stronger.

bigbran
Meh. He staggered Namor a bit. She's still stronger. A class 10 staggering Namor underwater... intriguing...
Actually going basically punch to punch with him...
Well... I guess I can go bump one of those Namor vs Spider-Man threads then...

SpunkySmurph
A class 10 staggering Namor underwater... intriguing...
Actually going basically punch to punch with him... It doesn't bother me that he's more then class 10. He's still not as strong.

Martian_mind
I say it's a tie!!!

Smurf cannot punk his ***** Bigbran,and Bigbran cannot harm his pimp!!

bigbran
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I say it's a tie!!!

Smurf cannot punk his ***** Bigbran,and Bigbran cannot harm his pimp!! So... giving gummers to your own teachers... tsk, tsk, tsk...
It doesn't bother me that he's more then class 10. He's still not as strong. I don't care how strong he is... just that he's not a class 10...
Also, he has fought quite a bit of people stronger than him... and he did fine... including Ronan... shifty

SpunkySmurph

I don't care how strong he is... just that he's not a class 10...
Also, he has fought quite a bit of people stronger than him... and he did fine... including Ronan... shifty Well, he's weaker. She's more skilled. She's got the weapons edge. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

For the purpose of the fight, Ronan may as well have been a manikin with a cape. Pummeling an insane, immobile Ronan =/= feat.

Martian_mind
My teachers?

after two weeks here i'd made half this forum my *****,you and Smurf included

stick out tongue

bigbran
Well, he's weaker. She's more skilled. She's got the weapons edge. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

For the purpose of the fight, Ronan may as well have been a manikin with a cape. Pummeling an insane, immobile Ronan =/= feat. Wait... I still don't get how he's weaker actually?
Skilled? Maybe, maybe not.

So, she gets her weapons? Interesting...

No, Ronan got blitzed... also, as I have shown, he wasn't immobile either, nor completely f*cked that he forgot his powers.
Originally posted by Martian_mind
My teachers?

after two weeks here i'd made half this forum my *****,you and Smurf included

stick out tongue Nah... you better keep dreaming, and clean that maz off your lip.

SpunkySmurph
Wait... I still don't get how he's weaker actually?
Skilled? Maybe, maybe not.

So, she gets her weapons? Interesting...

No, Ronan got blitzed... also, as I have shown, he wasn't immobile either, nor completely f*cked that he forgot his powers.
Well, you see Bran, when somebody possesses less physical strength than another person, they are called "weaker".
Skilled? Yeah... no. Just no.

He basically lay on the floor laughing while he got hit...

Redatom65
you lost me at zomg spunk stick out tongue

SpunkySmurph
you lost me at zomg spunk stick out tongue Ah, yea of little mind. BTW, I think Martian has some maz for you...

bigbran
Well, you see Bran, when somebody possesses less physical strength than another person, they are called "weaker".
Skilled? Yeah... no. Just no.

He basically lay on the floor laughing while he got hit... And, you base him being weaker... off of Gamora tossing Ronan... correct?

Why? Exactly? I don't really care if she is more skilled, but I want to see what exactly this is based off of...
Dodging, pressure points? What exactly? Because Mar-Vell has good feats from both of those.

He started to laugh after Mar-Vell stopped beating the shit out of him. After he face wasn't being caved in anymore?

SpunkySmurph
And, you base him being weaker... off of Gamora tossing Ronan... correct?

Why? Exactly? I don't really care if she is more skilled, but I want to see what exactly this is based off of...
Dodging, pressure points? What exactly? Because Mar-Vell has good feats from both of those.

He started to laugh after Mar-Vell stopped beating the shit out of him. After he face wasn't being caved in anymore? That, and the sword clash, that caused people in a nearby village to fall down. Damaging Thanos with her attacks (no weapons). Grappling with Terrax over his weapon. Was about to kill Terrax with a dagger. Tossing Ronan 50+ feet.

Etc.

Are we having a feat war over skill now?

So, he clearly wasn't in the right mind for an actual battle...

bigbran
That, and the sword clash, that caused people in a nearby village to fall down. Damaging Thanos with her attacks (no weapons). Grappling with Terrax over his weapon. Was about to kill Terrax with a dagger. Tossing Ronan 50+ feet.

Etc.

Are we having a feat war over skill now?

So, he clearly wasn't in the right mind for an actual battle... That's Godslayer to the Universal weapon though...
Umm... no she didn't... Thanos was playing with her, when he froze.
Wasn't Terrax also asking her to kill him, during that fight?
Tossing a 300 or so pound man, 50 feet... I wonder how much strength is actually needed for this one...

No, I just want to know, why Mar-Vell is singled out right away in skill...

He was still Ronan, and he only showed to be out of his mind, AFTER he got his ass smoked.

SpunkySmurph
That's Godslayer to the Universal weapon though...
No, it's not.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/img023kf5-1.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/img024iv5-1.jpg

That's her sword.
Umm... no she didn't... Thanos was playing with her, when he froze.
You mean here?
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/kickingthanos.jpg

Or here?
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uppercutthanos.jpg

Wasn't Terrax also asking her to kill him, during that fight? Not until she had skillfully beat him. After they grappled together. And then she was confident she could easily kill him with a dagger (strong enough to, *le gasp* ), but the chance was stolen from her.

Tossing a 300 or so pound man, 50 feet... I wonder how much strength is actually needed for this one... I believe Capt made a thread that could be applied to the subject. It's a lot, and it was probably more then 50 feet.

No, I just want to know, why Mar-Vell is singled out right away in skill...
This is how a debate works:
I say my character is stronger/faster/better
You say no, your character is stronger/faster/better and give exampples
I prove how your examples are discreditable, and provide examples for my side

cont.

He was still Ronan, and he only showed to be out of his mind, AFTER he got his ass smoked. It said the virus had been driving him insane... not that he suddenly cracked.

bigbran
No, it's not.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/img023kf5-1.jpg

That's her sword. Oh I see. I was wrong. I admit it.
But, her sword did seem to disappear after that though...
Also, if Gamora gets her sword, does Mar-Vell get his speed, and amping ability?
Plus, Mar-Vell doesn't need to connect weapon to weapon, he can just pawn Ronan up front... stick out tongue

You mean here?
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/kickingthanos.jpg

Or here?
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/uppercutthanos.jpg Like I said, she never hurt him, and Thanos has had his head moved many times in a fight... doesn't mean he was hurt. Mar-Vell has done it, hell Mar-Vell has basically knocked him down.

Also, didn't I just say that he was playing with her, when he froze?

Also, you're saying that my Ronan example was pis? And yet, you think that even if Gamora did hurt him... that is just an acceptable feat? Funny...

Not until she had skillfully beat him. After they grappled together. And then she was confident she could easily kill him with a dagger (strong enough to, *le gasp* ), but the chance was stolen from her. There was about three or so panels about that fight...
Also, she kicked him in the head, and then had her knives to his throat.

Plus, you talk about Ronan not being in his right mind? He was infected with parasites, and they were coming out of his eyes...
He was even asking her to kill him.

I believe Capt made a thread that could be applied to the subject. It's a lot, and it was probably more then 50 feet. So, how much strength is needed to basically stalemate Namor underwater? With just punch-to-punch.

This is how a debate works:
I say my character is stronger/faster/better
You say no, your character is stronger/faster/better and give exampples
I prove how your examples are discreditable, and provide examples for my side

cont. Sexellent.
Now... Mar-Vell has beaten up 5 Iron Man level things at the same time.
And, done this...
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2482/captainmarvelv13116ev2.th.jpg http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/470/captainmarvelv13117gs1.th.jpg

Also, I believe you had earlier mentioned more durible? Name one person who has been put from Saturn to Earth, with a punch, and gotten up in a page or so.

Plus, what would happen if Mar-Vell connected this on Gamora?
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1011/captainmarvel2120gr4.th.jpg

I mean, either could connect one, but Mar-Vell is faster, and all...

It said the virus had been driving him insane... not that he suddenly cracked. I know, and in the same comic, he had destroyed Sentry, and also was using his Universal weapon.
He might have been insane, but he was aware of his powers, and who Mar-Vell was. Hell, the only instance of this really, was after Mar-Vell had dropped his ass.

SpunkySmurph
Oh I see. I was wrong. I admit it.
But, her sword did seem to disappear after that though...
Also, if Gamora gets her sword, does Mar-Vell get his speed, and amping ability?
Plus, Mar-Vell doesn't need to connect weapon to weapon, he can just pawn Ronan up front... stick out tongue If Ronan was missing as many marbles as he was in that fight, Gamora would be able to pull off the same thing.

Like I said, she never hurt him, and Thanos has had his head moved many times in a fight... doesn't mean he was hurt. Mar-Vell has done it, hell Mar-Vell has basically knocked him down.
Meh. He WAS trying to hurt her, and she was scoring the hits, literally knocking the spit out of him, and basically winning.
Also, didn't I just say that he was playing with her, when he froze? Probably.
Was he playing here?
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/ThanosGamor.jpg

(bottom of the scan for my reference)

Also, you're saying that my Ronan example was pis? And yet, you think that even if Gamora did hurt him... that is just an acceptable feat? Funny...
Weaker people have done it. But not that many with fists. If she completley pwned him, I'd call PIS. As it stands... not so much.

There was about three or so panels about that fight...
Also, she kicked him in the head, and then had her knives to his throat.
Not before she fought with him, dodged his blasts and grappled.
Plus, you talk about Ronan not being in his right mind? He was infected with parasites, and they were coming out of his eyes...
He was even asking her to kill him.
He was still the same strength level
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/TerraxGamora2.jpg
So, how much strength is needed to basically stalemate Namor underwater? With just punch-to-punch.
His punches weren't that impressive. They made Namor reel a little bit.

Sexellent.
Now... Mar-Vell has beaten up 5 Iron Man level things at the same time.
And, done this...
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2482/captainmarvelv13116ev2.th.jpg http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/470/captainmarvelv13117gs1.th.jpg

Also, I believe you had earlier mentioned more durible? Name one person who has been put from Saturn to Earth, with a punch, and gotten up in a page or so. I never mentioned durability. Yeah, I know Mar-Vell's blunt damage is pretty good. But she has her sword.

Plus, what would happen if Mar-Vell connected this on Gamora?
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1011/captainmarvel2120gr4.th.jpg

I mean, either could connect one, but Mar-Vell is faster, and all... And Gamora is more skilled and all...

I know, and in the same comic, he had destroyed Sentry, and also was using his Universal weapon.
He might have been insane, but he was aware of his powers, and who Mar-Vell was. Hell, the only instance of this really, was after Mar-Vell had dropped his ass. I don't question anything about the fight right up until near the end, where he starts staring into space and not even fighting back as he's pummeled.

bigbran
If Ronan was missing as many marbles as he was in that fight, Gamora would be able to pull off the same thing. He only showed this after he was put down, like a ho.
It was his duribility, his strength, his speed.

Meh. He WAS trying to hurt her, and she was scoring the hits, literally knocking the spit out of him, and basically winning.
Probably.
Was he playing here?
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/ThanosGamor.jpg

(bottom of the scan for my reference) Wasn't it Gamora that did that, and wouldn't it be Gamora that would be going out?
Unless you really think Thanos was going out...

So, Gamora beat Thanos then, in your words... and you don't consider this, just a teeny bit of pis?
Interesting...

Weaker people have done it. But not that many with fists. If she completley pwned him, I'd call PIS. As it stands... not so much. Who are these weaker people?
What she did showd have been good enough...

Not before she fought with him, dodged his blasts and grappled. Ya, and that is like three panels of fighting, maybe more.
He cut up the ground directing a blast at her.
Gamora was shown a couple times in-between, doing other things.
Next comic, it comes out of the blue again, and she kicks him, and has him on the ground with her knives to his throat.
I counted five panels of fighting to be honest, six if you count the one where Stardust was flying at her.

He was still the same strength level
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/TerraxGamora2.jpg I know... except he was actually being controlled.
Ronan was the exact same, except he was only insane at the time (and only showed it, after he got his ass handed to him).
So really...

His punches weren't that impressive. They made Namor reel a little bit. Do you understand where they were fighting?
Also, he was still knocking him back, where Namor is his strongest, and wasn't getting dazed, or anything, after getting smoked a couple times...

I never mentioned durability. Yeah, I know Mar-Vell's blunt damage is pretty good. But she has her sword. So I see...
Again, does Mar-Vell get all his speed, and shit then, since a sword isn't exactly physical, on her end...
But, if she gets her sword, then I'll admit she wins...

And Gamora is more skilled and all... You know... I have yet to actually see you bring something that says this...
Just, that she is more skilled... and that is all.

I know all her feats, I have all the issues she has appeared in.
I still have yet to see, where she unquestionably pawns Mar-Vell in h2h skills.
She might be a little better, but she certainly isn't way better than him, no questions asked.

I don't question anything about the fight right up until near the end, where he starts staring into space and not even fighting back as he's pummeled. Umm... Ronan was doing that AFTER Mar-Vell stopped pounding his ass...
Also, I don't get why you keep saying this, when you bring up a mind controlled Terrax, and her doing what she did to Thanos, and yet, Mar-Vell doing that to Ronan is pis?

SpunkySmurph
He only showed this after he was put down, like a ho.
It was his duribility, his strength, his speed. He was doing fine, and then suddenly becomes mentally deficient and cackles during/after being pummeled, while not even fighting back. Maybe his strength, but none of his skill.

Wasn't it Gamora that did that, and wouldn't it be Gamora that would be going out?
Unless you really think Thanos was going out... In a page or two, Thanos states he'll put her down as fast as possible (though he sticks to melee and blasts)... and then he fails. There were both going out, though not attempting to kill each other. Damage, sure. Not kill.

So, Gamora beat Thanos then, in your words... and you don't consider this, just a teeny bit of pis?
Interesting... Hey, if Thanos wanted to kill her, she's be dead. He was just going H2H with her, and blasting at her, with intent to damage, but not kill. He underestimated her, and failed.

Who are these weaker people?
What she did showd have been good enough... Wolverine, for one...
Huh?

Ya, and that is like three panels of fighting, maybe more.
He cut up the ground directing a blast at her.
Gamora was shown a couple times in-between, doing other things.
Next comic, it comes out of the blue again, and she kicks him, and has him on the ground with her knives to his throat.
I counted five panels of fighting to be honest, six if you count the one where Stardust was flying at her. Hey, I named grappling and having the ability to kill him with a mere dagger as strength feats, not skill.

I know... except he was actually being controlled.
Ronan was the exact same, except he was only insane at the time (and only showed it, after he got his ass handed to him).
So really... Again, strength, not skill

Do you understand where they were fighting?
Also, he was still knocking him back, where Namor is his strongest, and wasn't getting dazed, or anything, after getting smoked a couple times...If it's about durability, then I wouldn't discredit the feat. That's fine. But you're building up hitting Namor to be a huge strength feat. Frankly, I could hit him. It wouldn't do a whole lot... but, if you gave me class 10-50 strength, it could knock his head back, and maybe his body a little, and not much more then that was shown. You said yourself, plenty of people have done it to Thanos, who has better durability then Namor...

So I see...
Again, does Mar-Vell get all his speed, and shit then, since a sword isn't exactly physical, on her end...
But, if she gets her sword, then I'll admit she wins...I specified in the opening post that she gets her sword. I also said he could have his combat powers- no super speed, but strength amping is fine.

You know... I have yet to actually see you bring something that says this...
Just, that she is more skilled... and that is all. Well, if you think I'm wrong, prove it.

I know all her feats, I have all the issues she has appeared in.
I still have yet to see, where she unquestionably pawns Mar-Vell in h2h skills.
She might be a little better, but she certainly isn't way better than him, no questions asked. A little better is good enough when she has the strength and weapon advantages...

Umm... Ronan was doing that AFTER Mar-Vell stopped pounding his ass...
Also, I don't get why you keep saying this, when you bring up a mind controlled Terrax, and her doing what she did to Thanos, and yet, Mar-Vell doing that to Ronan is pis? It said it was steadily driving him crazy. Not that he suddenly went insane. This implies he was at least partially mentally deficient for the fight, and therefore is not a plausible skill feat. As I said, Terrax was a strength feat. Not to mention, you yourself said Thanos gets hit all the time in a fight. To be hit by the deadliest woman in the universe is not exactly PIS. Plus, I don't really consider Mar-Vell vs. Ronan PIS, so much as simply inapplicable.

bigbran
He was doing fine, and then suddenly becomes mentally deficient and cackles during/after being pummeled, while not even fighting back. Maybe his strength, but none of his skill. He couldn't fight back, because he got blitzed and beat down.
It's like in UFC when they get caught, knocked down, and then repeatidly pummeled before they can do anything...

Ronan was helpless in that situation, and there was no way he was fighting back at that point.

He also tried fighting back earlier, and he missed everytime he did.

In a page or two, Thanos states he'll put her down as fast as possible (though he sticks to melee and blasts)... and then he fails. There were both going out, though not attempting to kill each other. Damage, sure. Not kill. When has Thanos's intent, ever been to kill? If so, Jack would have been dead... Surfer would have actually died...
I mean, I always saw that fight as pis, anyway...
So, Thanos going out can't even hit Gamora?

Hey, if Thanos wanted to kill her, she's be dead. He was just going H2H with her, and blasting at her, with intent to damage, but not kill. He underestimated her, and failed. And he couldn't even hit her, with those things... if his intent, was to damage, then he should have still been able to hit her...
Also, was this before or after Maxam KOed her... oh ya, 17 comes after 8 right?
Unless, of course, Maxam is faster than Thanos...

Wolverine, for one...
Huh? laughing
I give up... honestly I do...

Also, I said hurt, not stab.
Not to mention that was with knives, not fists... nor was it an acceptable feat, since it was pretty f*cking stupid...

Hey, I named grappling and having the ability to kill him with a mere dagger as strength feats, not skill. Grappling is skill...
So, Terrax can be killed by a mere dagger?
Or, only Gamora can kill him with a mere dagger?

Plus, I don't see how it's a mere dagger, since her sword earlier hit against the Universal Weapon.

Again, strength, not skill It was both, because he got Ronan into that situation, didn't he?
His strength ended the fight though.

If it's about durability, then I wouldn't discredit the feat. That's fine. But you're building up hitting Namor to be a huge strength feat. Frankly, I could hit him. It wouldn't do a whole lot... but, if you gave me class 10-50 strength, it could knock his head back, and maybe his body a little, and not much more then that was shown. You said yourself, plenty of people have done it to Thanos, who has better durability then Namor... It is a big strength feat...
Do you honestly see Venom going to the water, and doing that to Namor?
Also, that was Mar-Vell before a couple of upgrades.
He also showed his skills, and shit underwater, against the best underwater.

Except, you were making it out, for her to hurt him or something... I mean, she made him spit out a bunch of shit and all...
I still don't see how this isn't pis, if it is what you say...

I specified in the opening post that she gets her sword. I also said he could have his combat powers- no super speed, but strength amping is fine. Reading opening posts, are for wussies...
Plus, I still don't see how she gets a weapon though, but everyone else doesn't. Does Mar-Vell get a Kree gun then?

Well, if you think I'm wrong, prove it. There is nothing to prove wrong, except statements.

A little better is good enough when she has the strength and weapon advantages... Except she doesn't have the strength advantage... at least not as how I see it...
And, hell it's debatable if she is a better fighter.

It said it was steadily driving him crazy. Not that he suddenly went insane. This implies he was at least partially mentally deficient for the fight, and therefore is not a plausible skill feat. As I said, Terrax was a strength feat. Not to mention, you yourself said Thanos gets hit all the time in a fight. To be hit by the deadliest woman in the universe is not exactly PIS. Plus, I don't really consider Mar-Vell vs. Ronan PIS, so much as simply inapplicable. He was insane... he wasn't be drive insane.
Lots of people go insane during comics, and this takes away there feats or something?
I guess Genis's best feat isn't his then...

And, Mar-Vell blitzed him, and took him out. No where in that comic, did I get the sense that Ronan was hindered by his status... and the only time that has been brought up, was after he got spit roasted.

I said, Thanos gets his head turned. I didn't say he misses all the time in a fight though...

It's still the same effect. You're trying to get rid of the feat either way, whether you call it pis, a writer's error, or an illness, the effect is the same.

Faceman

SpunkySmurph
He couldn't fight back, because he got blitzed and beat down.
It's like in UFC when they get caught, knocked down, and then repeatidly pummeled before they can do anything...
The Ronan that punks Black Bolt and gives Surfer trouble can't handle being tackled? Could it be because he was mentally ill?

He also tried fighting back earlier, and he missed everytime he did.
If I was a nut case, I probably wouldn't be hitting him either...

When has Thanos's intent, ever been to kill? If so, Jack would have been dead... Surfer would have actually died...
I mean, I always saw that fight as pis, anyway...
So, Thanos going out can't even hit Gamora? Yeah. But he decided to engage Gamora in straight up, H2H combat. He underestimated her when he tried to shut her down as soon as possible. It's not really PIS... she hit him with attacks that probably did little more then phase him, and he didn't hit her, though if he had, she would have been down for the count.

And he couldn't even hit her, with those things... if his intent, was to damage, then he should have still been able to hit her...
Also, was this before or after Maxam KOed her... oh ya, 17 comes after 8 right?
Unless, of course, Maxam is faster than Thanos... He underestimated her. Pretty simple. As for Maxam... are you referring
to their first fight, where she made a fool of him and, (having not met him before), got cheap shotted by him after she hurt her hand attacking him, since he boosted his durability, which she didn't know he could do? Or, are you referring to the second fight, where she again made a fool of him, and he never layed a hand on her?

laughing
I give up... honestly I do...

Also, I said hurt, not stab.
Not to mention that was with knives, not fists... nor was it an acceptable feat, since it was pretty f*cking stupid... Meh. His head was knocked around a bit, and he faked being hurt by a pressure point. There's not a lot to match there... he's not that heavy, back then she was still really strong, so knocking him back a bit really isn't PIS.

Grappling is skill...
So, Terrax can be killed by a mere dagger?
Or, only Gamora can kill him with a mere dagger? With Terrax's durability, it's pretty damn good for anyone to be able to kill him with a dagger. He believed it could happen, she knew it could... not a lot to contest, there.

Plus, I don't see how it's a mere dagger, since her sword earlier hit against the Universal Weapon.
I don't believe it was ever stated on panel that what she had was anything more then a micellaneous dagger. Don't speculate.
It was both, because he got Ronan into that situation, didn't he?
His strength ended the fight though.
Yeah, but it wasn't skill, because Ronan was temporarily retarded.
It is a big strength feat...
Do you honestly see Venom going to the water, and doing that to Namor?
Also, that was Mar-Vell before a couple of upgrades.
He also showed his skills, and shit underwater, against the best underwater.
Yeah...I do. Strength-wise, anyways. He porbably wouldn't be skilled enough, but Venom never demonstrated extraordianry amounts of skill...

Except, you were making it out, for her to hurt him or something... I mean, she made him spit out a bunch of shit and all...
I still don't see how this isn't pis, if it is what you say...Pssh. I wouldn't think Gamora could effectivley hurt someone who needs to take a bit of a breather after going through a black hole... she justknocked him in the head, literally knocking the spit oout of him,as seen in the scan. I mean, she damaged him... he looks temporarily in pain after the pressure point attack, but it's not like he wasn't fine seconds later.

Reading opening posts, are for wussies...
Plus, I still don't see how she gets a weapon though, but everyone else doesn't. Does Mar-Vell get a Kree gun then? I said she gets her sword (since she almost always has a weapon on her), and they get their usual gear.

There is nothing to prove wrong, except statements. Then, tell me why you think he's just as skilled as Gamora.

He was insane... he wasn't be drive insane.
Lots of people go insane during comics, and this takes away there feats or something?
I guess Genis's best feat isn't his then... It said it had been making him insane, not that he went from sanity to insaanity in seconds. Genis' best feat is a feat, for Insane Genis. If you are arguing that Mar-Vell lay a beatdown on Insane Ronan, go right ahead.

And, Mar-Vell blitzed him, and took him out. No where in that comic, did I get the sense that Ronan was hindered by his status... and the only time that has been brought up, was after he got spit roasted.
He was cackling madly immediatley after getting the snot beat out of him... unless you're suggesting he went insane directly after Mar-Vell stopped hitting him, then he wasn't in the right mind for previous to the beatdown...
I said, Thanos gets his head turned. I didn't say he misses all the time in a fight though... Well, that's a skill thing. And he was underestimating her.

It's still the same effect. You're trying to get rid of the feat either way, whether you call it pis, a writer's error, or an illness, the effect is the same. But, if it's justified...

Martian_mind
Kitty

SpunkySmurph
So, while Bran's licking his wounds, does anybody else know who the weakest person is who could take Gamora at least 5.5/10 with the stips from the first post?

Martian_mind
Detective Chimp....

Alfheim
Originally posted by Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/zomg-46380.jpg
durfist laughing

Soljer
So, while Bran's licking his wounds, does anybody else know who the weakest person is who could take Gamora at least 5.5/10 with the stips from the first post?

Captain America. Even if she has the Godslayer.

He'd son her.

bigbran
The Ronan that punks Black Bolt and gives Surfer trouble can't handle being tackled? Could it be because he was mentally ill? He didn't get tackled, he got an extremely pissed Mar-Vell flying at him, at a fast speed, and he got punched down, not tackled.

Also, I only remember Ronan capturing BB, and torturing him... also, BB beat him in a duel...
I'm not calling you a liar, but, do you know when it happened?

The only time when he gives Surfer trouble, is when Surfer is being well... Surfer.
Here is Surfer after fighting the Super-Skrull, Skrull armada, etc...
Ronan hit him earlier in the fight, but as soon as it got serious...
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6154/silversurfer198902526pz0.th.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9238/silversurfer198902527uu9.th.jpg

If I was a nut case, I probably wouldn't be hitting him either... Actually, sorry, he did hit him.
Then Mar-Vell's girlfriend or whatever intervened, hit Ronan, and Ronan nailed her with an attack.
Mar-Vell got pissed and, the person who he was earlier fighting in the book, got one-punched (Sentry), and then he handed Ronan his ass.

Yeah. But he decided to engage Gamora in straight up, H2H combat. He underestimated her when he tried to shut her down as soon as possible. It's not really PIS... she hit him with attacks that probably did little more then phase him, and he didn't hit her, though if he had, she would have been down for the count. H2h combat involves blasts of energy?
And, the point is, that he should have hit her... based on his/her history of this.

He underestimated her. Pretty simple. As for Maxam... are you referring
to their first fight, where she made a fool of him and, (having not met him before), got cheap shotted by him after she hurt her hand attacking him, since he boosted his durability, which she didn't know he could do? Or, are you referring to the second fight, where she again made a fool of him, and he never layed a hand on her? She didn't make a fool of him, actually, Maxam was also blocking some of her attacks.
Then, when she hit him, she hurt her hand, and she got her ass slapped back. Plus, it doesn't matter how durible he can be, he still isn't even close to Thanos level.
Also, Maxam hit her earlier in the fight as well.

Nope, first fight. Also, the second fight was in a smaller space, and like Maxam said, he can do it all day.

Meh. His head was knocked around a bit, and he faked being hurt by a pressure point. There's not a lot to match there... he's not that heavy, back then she was still really strong, so knocking him back a bit really isn't PIS. She kicked his head hard enough, for him to spit shit out of his mouth... no expression
No, not pis at all...

Thor didn't even do as much damage to Thanos as Gamora did... no expression

With Terrax's durability, it's pretty damn good for anyone to be able to kill him with a dagger. He believed it could happen, she knew it could... not a lot to contest, there. Wait... he can be killed with an average dagger (now...), how exactly does this reflect back onto Gamora?

I don't believe it was ever stated on panel that what she had was anything more then a micellaneous dagger. Don't speculate. So, what you're saying, is that a normal dagger can kill a herald of Galactus?
Weird...

I'm not speculating, I'm trying to find out how it would be possible...
Also, her weapons seem to be stronger, and if a normal dagger from anywhere could kill Terrax...

Yeah, but it wasn't skill, because Ronan was temporarily retarded. Yes it was skill...

Yeah...I do. Strength-wise, anyways. He porbably wouldn't be skilled enough, but Venom never demonstrated extraordianry amounts of skill... Anyway... that was Mar-Vell's weakest form, his less skilled form, etc.

Pssh. I wouldn't think Gamora could effectivley hurt someone who needs to take a bit of a breather after going through a black hole... she justknocked him in the head, literally knocking the spit oout of him,as seen in the scan. I mean, she damaged him... he looks temporarily in pain after the pressure point attack, but it's not like he wasn't fine seconds later. no expression
I'm not even going begin to answer this part...
But, I will say this... that thing happened in the same arc, where Magus was smashing Thanos's head with the Infinity Gauntlet (minus the Reality Gem)... and Thanos still doesn't display as much damage as the Gamora thing...

I said she gets her sword (since she almost always has a weapon on her), and they get their usual gear. She doesn't always have a weapon.

Then, tell me why you think he's just as skilled as Gamora. Because of his cosmic awareness, that he uses in his fights. He finds weak spots with it, strategies, etc.
His already natural skill, that he uses all the time, and really shows it off more when his life is in danger.

I still like the beating five Iron Man level beings myself, though.

It said it had been making him insane, not that he went from sanity to insaanity in seconds. Genis' best feat is a feat, for Insane Genis. If you are arguing that Mar-Vell lay a beatdown on Insane Ronan, go right ahead.
He was cackling madly immediatley after getting the snot beat out of him... unless you're suggesting he went insane directly after Mar-Vell stopped hitting him, then he wasn't in the right mind for previous to the beatdown... OK, I've heard enough of this...
First scan, explains how his condition is.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4820/captainmarvel4909jy1.th.jpg

Again, he was insane, not retarded.
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6871/captainmarvel4913no7.th.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1084/captainmarvel4914gr8.th.jpg

Also, he did almost exactly what he did when he fought the first incarnation of Mar-Vell. He hit him with energy.
I really don't see any difference, in power/whatever, between this Ronan, and "Ronan".

Well, that's a skill thing. And he was underestimating her. Enough that he couldn't hit her?
Thanos underestimates people he fights?

But, if it's justified... It is.

Redatom65

Ahem. no expression

bumped. why you ask? I don't know.

yvalidys, pwning, is like in a game of chess. another piece, you see, owns the pawn, hence it's an act of pwning. people at my school now say pwned in their normal vocabulary. It's great to Learn....

jasonk3
From the "Gamora vs ..." thread :

Originally posted by King KAM
all equal...cap beats that ***** down

Is this true?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by jasonk3
From the "Gamora vs ..." thread :

Is this true? Hell. No. no expression

jasonk3
Hell. No. no expression

Thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.