Prof X? World's Greatest TP or World's Greatest MUTANT TP?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I've noticed many people say he's the worlds greatest telepath, but in the comics, it's almost ALWAYS said that he's the world's greatest MUTANT telepath. To me, that means there are non-human and humans who are superior.

Any ideas on this here topic?

Skeets
Dr.Strange,that's what you wanted to hear eh? herbeyes

long pig
No, not really.

It's always been a bit of a vague thing to me, sometimes he's called the greatest telepath, but usually the greatest mutant telepath.

Skeets
Strange is the greatest Human Telepath.....smile

Validus
Going to agree with long pig implying Strange is the best...

bigbran
Nah... Rachel Grey, pre-Phoenix was the best.

Skeets
Nah,Genis would of been...herbcry

TricksterPriest
LP, cut it out. roll eyes (sarcastic) We all know Dr. Strange pwns everyone (short of Onslaught) on earth when it comes to TP. Ok wise guy, who's the 2nd greatest TP on earth? wink

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Nah,Genis would of been...herbcry

*insert scan of Genis' ambiguous omniversal telepathy*

Endless Mike
Moondragon was originally from earth

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by long pig
I've noticed many people say he's the worlds greatest telepath, but in the comics, it's almost ALWAYS said that he's the world's greatest MUTANT telepath. To me, that means there are non-human and humans who are superior.

Any ideas on this here topic?

Stranges' feats are way better then Xaviers's. However it's supposed to be Xaviers forte. That's probably why they made him access the Universal Collective Consciousness in the Illuminati #2. Anyway Xavier SHOULD be the greatest telepath in the world but sadly according to feats he's definitely not. Strange just steals everyones thunder.

Okay I know this means absolutely jack shit, but I can't help myself. It's the Emma fanboyism. evil face

From the recent X-Men Annual #1:

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/6355/xmenannual001035jx6.jpg

Scoobless
Cable & Nate Grey were both more powerful than Xavier ("were" because Cable's powers are gone and Nate is kind of dead)

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Scoobless
Cable & Nate Grey were both more powerful than Xavier ("were" because Cable's powers are gone and Nate is kind of dead) yeah, Cable was crazy powerful

HandOfFate
I think "The Most Powerful Mutant Telepath" part is to point out that he is a mutant, nothing else.

Hell, how many top level telepaths can you think of that are not mutants.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by HandOfFate
I think "The Most Powerful Mutant Telepath" part is to point out that he is a mutant, nothing else.

Hell, how many top level telepaths can you think of that are not mutants.

Good question. Off the top of my head:

Earth Telepaths: (In no particular order or level of power)

Moondragon(Could count)
Dr Strange(Sorceror Supreme of 616 don't know if that counts)
Maximus(Is in prison on the moon) and his level seems to fluctuate.
Sentry is supposed to be an Uber Telepath, but haven't seen anything impressive.
Psi Corps(S.H.I.E.L.D)
That goat thing from AXM that works for S.W.O.R.D
Cassandra Nova(She's not a mutant technically)
Mister Sinister(He's not a mutant)
Dr Dooms Seer.
Talisman
Dr Druid

Special Type of telepathy
Elektra
Mandarin(His ring gives him a special type of telepathy)

Mutant Telepaths(In no particular Order or level of power):
Xavier
Jean Grey
Emma Frost
Shadow King
Legion
Cable
Nate Grey
Rachel Grey
Exodus
Kid Omega
Selene
Gaia
Psylocke
Monet
Stepford Cuckoos(About 1005 of them)
Blindfold
Madelyne Pryor
Stryfe
Apocalypse
Magneto(Yep he has telepathy)
Franklin Richards

Special Type of Telepathy
Mastermind
Lady Mastermind
Proteus
Chamber
Mirage
Caliban
Sage
Bogan
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Scanner

That's all I got.

jasofisc
x at his best with out holding back is onslaught and that's just with tp so I think that makes him the best. however it's still hard to think that would put him above strange. Strange is just such a plot device that it's hard to gage his limits. But under strange a non holding back x would wipe the floor with anyone.

StarsNeverFall7
Id say Cable and Nate were atleast his equal or higher up...

capt it up
see the thing is prof. x holds back a lot. He normally not the main figure in battle becuase he dislike to fight.

However it always seemed to me that he was far more powerful then he let on.

also was not onslaught tp powers xiavers?

jasofisc
Originally posted by capt it up
see the thing is prof. x holds back a lot. He normally not the main figure in battle becuase he dislike to fight.

also was not onslaught tp powers xiavers?

totally agree

and onslaught was x's powers. he is capable of that and more if he really cut lose.

jasofisc
onslaught isn't the creation (as in both have an equal share in the creation) of mags and x but just the dark side of mags and x's powers which copied mags somehow.

Tha C-Master

also was not onslaught tp powers xiavers? I agree there, he does seem to have something under his sleeve.

long pig
Originally posted by Validus
Going to agree with long pig implying Strange is the best...
mad
You damned dicks, this had nothing to do with Strange at all.

Although he is better than Prof X.........

xmarksthespot
Technically Cassandra Nova who bitchslapped the Imperial Guard with her variety of psionic powers is also a manifestation of Xavier's powers... but no he's not the world's greatest telepath in anything but repeated statements...

Martian_mind
http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/98373/all_the_small_things/Blink%20182%20-%20All%20The%20Small%20Things
lol

willRules
Yeah Xavier is seriously underrated but he is not the most powerful telepath yes

Martian_mind
....Damn straight.....

capt it up
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah Xavier is seriously underrated but he is not the most powerful telepath yes
but likly the most skilled

Martian_mind
....Grrrr......Jonn smash puny cripple!!He dead from waist down,he useless!!!

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
....Grrrr......Jonn smash puny cripple!!He dead from waist down,he useless!!!

I ment in marvel.

Martian_mind
Very good then.........just to be annoying....

Cable has more experience evil face

capt it up
Very good then.........just to be annoying....

Cable has more experience evil face
then xavier? Not likly seeing as how xiaver is older then he is and all....not to mention what cable learned about TP came from xiaver.......

Martian_mind
Cable is 60......

capt it up
prof. xiaver is like 70.......and he did not hav a virus that drained most of his powers for years.......

Martian_mind
Exactly,Cable had to learn how to use his powers to stem the vrrius from a young age whilst X didn't get his powers till puberty,that covers the age Gap.

capt it up
Exactly,Cable had to learn how to use his powers to stem the vrrius from a young age whilst X didn't get his powers till puberty,that covers the age Gap.
cable did not get his powers untill puberty...........and did not get the virus untill after he got his powers.........

Martian_mind
He was infected as a baby,and as a baby had his powers,nothing got through his shields.....except the virius....

capt it up
I see........

jasofisc
ok well the only other telepath that is more powerful thena non jobbering prof. x is strange.

on a side note x is more powerful then MM when x is not jobbering. since x not jobbering is onslaught. in fact x may even be more powerful then onslaught (the first incarnation of onslaught) now because x was able to simulate mags powers in onslaught and x has been around a lot more powerfull mutants now. Just saying that he should be able to simulate other mutant powers. of course in an actual battle I don't think x wins any battle because he will never really cut lose. serously the guy let normal college students beat him near death.

Superherovandal
Hello...Fernus is Jonn nonjobbering and he was easily controlling world leaders, and lobotomizing villains and mass hypnotizing individuals to kill The JLA's close ones. He didn't show any signs of weakness. It was like child's play. And this was all while fighting the Justice League. So Xavier is not more powerful.

Cosmic Flame
Most comics, if they refer to Xavier as a mutant, refer to him as having the greatest mutant mind, not being the greatest mutant telepath. Despite what most people on here say, I still think that Xavier is pretty much the best at what he does. Sure, there are more people with more power (including Jean and all of her children). But there aren't very many that are more skilled. Even Strange's feats as a TP, while on the surface are more powerful, are more limited in scope.

I think there are a couple reasons for that. Strange's telepathy is based in mysticism. So while the application may be similar in certain cases, the foundation is very different. Of course, Magneto aslo screwed with the Earth's magnetic field to make life more difficult for TPs. When he's been off world, his range has been pretty good. And then there's the skill factor...

Honestly, all things considered, I do think Xavier could take down 99.8% of all the world's TPs, except for the top, top tier: Jean, Emma, Strange, maybe Moondragon. But the fact that Xavier has been operationg so long and certain aspects of his character are just coming to light say to me that not only is he good, but he's damned good at covering his tracks.

TricksterPriest
You missed two. Exodus and Apocalypse. big grin Both of whom are over Xavier. Oh yeah, and Nate& God-like Cable.

Martian_mind
Jonn punks all of them though.

In power and skill.

Accel
prof. xiaver is like 70.......and he did not hav a virus that drained most of his powers for years.......
Would that make Juggernaut about 80 years old then? Isn't he like 10 years older than Xavier?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You missed two. Exodus and Apocalypse. big grin Both of whom are over Xavier. Oh yeah, and Nate& God-like Cable. Out of curiosity, what non-PIS feats does Apoc have that put him so clearly over Xavier?

outavodka
Jonn punks all of them though.

In power and skill. I wouldnt say john punks classic Ex at all or soo easily at if. Your probly forgetting how he beasted the avengers/x-men at the same time.

capt it up
Originally posted by Accel
Would that make Juggernaut about 80 years old then? Isn't he like 10 years older than Xavier?
no he younger, he was just bigger and stronger.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Hello...Fernus is Jonn nonjobbering and he was easily controlling world leaders, and lobotomizing villains and mass hypnotizing individuals to kill The JLA's close ones. He didn't show any signs of weakness. It was like child's play. And this was all while fighting the Justice League. So Xavier is not more powerful.

didn't fernus get beat by plastic man nuff said

not to mention onslaught wiping the floor with various team and the only reason they ever seemed to get the upper hand was according to his design

jasofisc
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Most comics, if they refer to Xavier as a mutant, refer to him as having the greatest mutant mind, not being the greatest mutant telepath. Despite what most people on here say, I still think that Xavier is pretty much the best at what he does. Sure, there are more people with more power (including Jean and all of her children). But there aren't very many that are more skilled. Even Strange's feats as a TP, while on the surface are more powerful, are more limited in scope.

I think there are a couple reasons for that. Strange's telepathy is based in mysticism. So while the application may be similar in certain cases, the foundation is very different. Of course, Magneto aslo screwed with the Earth's magnetic field to make life more difficult for TPs. When he's been off world, his range has been pretty good. And then there's the skill factor...

Honestly, all things considered, I do think Xavier could take down 99.8% of all the world's TPs, except for the top, top tier: Jean, Emma, Strange, maybe Moondragon. But the fact that Xavier has been operationg so long and certain aspects of his character are just coming to light say to me that not only is he good, but he's damned good at covering his tracks.

you serously thing that jean (non phinox), Emma, and moondragon are beyond x in power. When any of those creates a being that can take down the avengers, x-men, and ff then they can talk but not untill then.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by jasofisc
didn't fernus get beat by plastic man nuff said

Do you want me to show you how much Pis was in that or will you take the option of retracting that before i bring down 10 tons of pwnage....

marvelprince
Do you want me to show you how much Pis was in that or will you take the option of retracting that before i bring down 10 tons of pwnage....

No need to bring the pwnage. Save it for another day.

Btw, I know its been a while since I read that arc but did Plas actually beat J'onn? Best I can remember he was struggling to contain Fernus the whole time

willRules

Couldn't the same be said for Onslaught? I mean it didn't really explain how just because Chuck absorbed Mags personality, he somehow got his powers as well. Plus it took the combined efforts of The X-men, Avengers, FF, X-man and Franklin Richards to merely defeat Onslaught (Yet Hulk did the most damage to a creature made of telepathic energy roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and it took a sacrifice of the Avengers and FF to stop him as well yes

jasofisc

It was a joke. but seriously onslaught and Faris (or however you spell that) are about equal.

jasofisc
Couldn't the same be said for Onslaught? I mean it didn't really explain how just because Chuck absorbed Mags personality, he somehow got his powers as well. Plus it took the combined efforts of The X-men, Avengers, FF, X-man and Franklin Richards to merely defeat Onslaught (Yet Hulk did the most damage to a creature made of telepathic energy roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and it took a sacrifice of the Avengers and FF to stop him as well yes

yeah somehow when a tp makes can make their tp come into the physical world they can do what ever they want with it kinda like casondra nova. They can just kinda write what ever gentic code they want into the psy armor. I still don't understand but oh well that's comics for you. and yeah your right about onslaught and how much it took to take him down (which nearly all of it was according to his plan).

Cosmic Flame
you serously thing that jean (non phinox), Emma, and moondragon are beyond x in power. When any of those creates a being that can take down the avengers, x-men, and ff then they can talk but not untill then.
Read what I wrote again. First of all, Onslaught was not just Xavier. Second, Jean is an omega mutant. Even when she's not drawing on Phoenix, she's got more power than X. He's got experience and skill in spades, and that will be his advantage in any fight. Third, Moondragon mind controlled an entire planet. She's the Marvel TP with the most regular cosmic interaction, and she learned her art from mystics. Do not dismiss her. We all know how Emma is.

In a straight up battle between Charles and any of these women, it could go either way depending on the circumstances.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Out of curiosity, what non-PIS feats does Apoc have that put him so clearly over Xavier?

You asked for it. stick out tongue

Apocalypse mentally controls his Celestial tech.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Apoctech.png

Apocalypse telekinetically raising his palace from under the ground
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/palacerise.png

Apocalypse takes a full telekinetic blast from Exodus with no effect, and blasts Exodus away. Apocalypse also creates a force field able to hold and even pre-powerdown Exodus.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1774/exodusorigin13kw0.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers18.png

Apocalypse mind controlled the Inhuman population including the Dark Riders. Especially good, because Psynapse (one of the inhumans) is a very powerful psychic, with his own section of the astral plane.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocmindconrol.png

Nuff said? stick out tongue

Edit: Missed one. Apoc mindblasts Xavier.
http://static.mojefotke.si/1ddaf62cdef62ccb2b33fc87e80c52a32887b5f7.JPG

Apocalypse, despite being weakened from an early awakening and a virus from Sinister, mindblasts Jean (Phoenix power too!)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/psionic53.png

Superherovandal
Plastic Man was never meant to hurt Fernus. He never did. He was just supposed to occupy him with his extreme imagination with his body to keep Fernus off focus. Fernus actually looked like he was the one looking better at the end. Only after he had been weakened by spawning MM did MM beat him.

manorastroman
You asked for it. stick out tongue

Apocalypse mentally controls his Celestial tech.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Apoctech.png

Apocalypse telekinetically raising his palace from under the ground
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/palacerise.png

Apocalypse takes a full telekinetic blast from Exodus with no effect, and blasts Exodus away. Apocalypse also creates a force field able to hold and even pre-powerdown Exodus.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1774/exodusorigin13kw0.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers18.png

Apocalypse mind controlled the Inhuman population including the Dark Riders. Especially good, because Psynapse (one of the inhumans) is a very powerful psychic, with his own section of the astral plane.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocmindconrol.png

Nuff said? stick out tongue

Edit: Missed one. Apoc mindblasts Xavier.
http://static.mojefotke.si/1ddaf62cdef62ccb2b33fc87e80c52a32887b5f7.JPG

Apocalypse, despite being weakened from an early awakening and a virus from Sinister, mindblasts Jean (Phoenix power too!)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/psionic53.png

for one, that castle feat is definitely not TK. there's no power signature.
for two, that shit means shit to xavier. read his respect thread.

xmarksthespot
There's nothing there that really puts Apocalypse above Xavier in telepathy. And telekinesis has no bearing since Xavier isn't an active telekinetic - though he does have the abilities latent within his genome.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by manorastroman
for one, that castle feat is definitely not TK. there's no power signature.

Is the energy around the palace, not a power signature?

willRules
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
There's nothing there that really puts Apocalypse above Xavier in telepathy. And telekinesis has no bearing since Xavier isn't an active telekinetic - though he does have the abilities latent within his genome.

thumb up what he said yes

manorastroman
i'm pretty sure the pink stuff is just for effect, and partially artistic laziness. you know, like "wowgiantcastle!!!"

TricksterPriest
i'm pretty sure the pink stuff is just for effect, and partially artistic laziness. you know, like "wowgiantcastle!!!"

you sir, are reaching. stick out tongue

willRules
you sir, are reaching. stick out tongue

And the claim that it is part of his power isn't reaching? Why is his idea that it wasn't Apocalypse's power, reaching? wink

jasofisc
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Read what I wrote again. First of all, Onslaught was not just Xavier. Second, Jean is an omega mutant. Even when she's not drawing on Phoenix, she's got more power than X. He's got experience and skill in spades, and that will be his advantage in any fight. Third, Moondragon mind controlled an entire planet. She's the Marvel TP with the most regular cosmic interaction, and she learned her art from mystics. Do not dismiss her. We all know how Emma is.

In a straight up battle between Charles and any of these women, it could go either way depending on the circumstances.

Onslaught was created by xavier and not consciencly either. Onslaught showed what xavier would be like if he went all out. So yeah onslaught was xavier a pice of xavier anyway. Emma does not compare to the others. Moondragon doesn't have the kind of feats to compare with x when he's going all out. One is x can make beings like onslaught, second x can override galactus' mental defences I can only thing of one other being that can do that and that's thanos. Jean never did anything non-phonix to compair to an all out Xavier. just because she's omega that doesn't really mean anything. Soooooooooo many omega mutants have been over powered by people who's power is limited. suggesting that writters don't understand the word unlimited.

long pig
The thing is, he's got both types of TP. One type which is pure magical and the other which is pure mental ability. F.E: He's done the whole basic mental battle with Umar that used only learned mental skill and he's done the whole "literally jump into your mind and fly around" which is pure mystical.

The first type he uses all the time, but the mystic type he only seems to use to override people who are immune to telepathy. Like a backdoor.
Not to mention the Eye, which basically mind rapes Skyfather level beings like Dormammu.

BUT, you have a point about Magneto messing with Earth's EM field and thus dampening Prof's ability. I didn't even think of that.

Any feats of him while on another planet, anyone?

manorastroman
peruse the respect thread. chuckles has multiple planetary feats despite meddling magneto.

long pig
peruse the respect thread. chuckles has multiple planetary feats despite meddling magneto.
I agree, but since he's basically depowered 24/7, there must be some off world feats where he isn't depowered.

Maybe Magneto being part of Prof X allowed him to negate the EM affect when he turned Onslaught, thus releasing his full potential. Which was pretty damned great.

manorastroman
to tell you the truth, i think most writers have totally forgotten the E-M ****ery of magneto. but it would be a handy way to explain onslaught's seeming uberness.

Superherovandal
since Magneto can inhibit telepaths maybe he can also superpower them which could explain why onslaught was so powerful.

ExodusCloak

Any feats of him while on another planet, anyone?

There's the feat where mind linked with the entire skrull race (without any tech) and sent all their emotions into Galactus. He was on a Skrull moon when he did this. Obviously Galactus wasn't fazed but it's still a good feat.
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8597/05lh7.jpg

willRules
That storyline with the Skrulls is one of my favourite X-men story lines, ever yes Isn't it part of the build up to Apocalypse the twelve? Cos I think I prefer it yes

long pig
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
There's the feat where mind linked with the entire skrull race (without any tech) and sent all their emotions into Galactus. He was on a Skrull moon when he did this. Obviously Galactus wasn't fazed but it's still a good feat.
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8597/05lh7.jpg
I appreciate it, but....that feat is kind of....weird.

X kind of insinuated that Galactus doesn't have the ability himself to feel all those thoughts, when, in fact, he's omniscient and feels that 24/7 from all the planets all at once millions of times better than X ever could.

It's a great feat for X, but written oddly.

Martian_mind
Bah,Jonn operates at a higher level even though his abilities were constantly dampened....

long pig
Bah,Jonn operates at a higher level even though his abilities were constantly dampened....
He ever had multi-versal, dimension spanning, afterlife following, purgatory invading telepathy?

Had MM's TP ever transcended time and actually read people's minds who were alive thousands of years in the past even thought the mind reader was in the present?

I only know one who can do that, punk.

xmarksthespot

X kind of insinuated that Galactus doesn't have the ability himself to feel all those thoughts, when, in fact, he's omniscient and feels that 24/7 from all the planets all at once millions of times better than X ever could.

It's a great feat for X, but written oddly. If he can do that then why does he need Heralds. confused

Skeets
If he can do that then why does he need Heralds. confused
Same reason I need a girlfriend,I don't wanna do it myself.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Skeets
Same reason I need a girlfriend,I don't wanna do it myself. Yeah but you're not doing it 24/7... I think...

Skeets
Yeah but you're not doing it 24/7... I think...
I wish....ermmhappy

Martian_mind
He ever had multi-versal, dimension spanning, afterlife following, purgatory invading telepathy?

Had MM's TP ever transcended time and actually read people's minds who were alive thousands of years in the past even thought the mind reader was in the present?

I only know one who can do that, punk.

Has Dr Strange ever read the mind of a being who can control all of reality at a whim?

Has Dr Strange ever mindraped a being who controlled all of existence?

Has Dr Strange ever mentally put The God Vishnu to sleep.

Has Dr Strange ever Stopped the Spectre mid-rant and dragged his ass to the astral plain?

I only know one who can do that without an artifact or mystics whilst blocking the powers and keeping in a coma a telepath who can read over 8 million minds at once.Punk.

Endless Mike
It's kind of contrived to ask that a Marvel character has to have feats that involve DC characters....

Martian_mind
Only one of those would be limited to Dc...and even then he could name a being on par from marvel...

willRules
Has Dr Strange ever read the mind of a being who can control all of reality at a whim?

Has Dr Strange ever mindraped a being who controlled all of existence?

Has Dr Strange ever mentally put The God Vishnu to sleep.

Has Dr Strange ever Stopped the Spectre mid-rant and dragged his ass to the astral plain?

I only know one who can do that without an artifact or mystics whilst blocking the powers and keeping in a coma a telepath who can read over 8 million minds at once.Punk.

Has Martian Manhunter ever really posed a threat to The Avengers, the FF, the X-men, X-man, the Hulk and Franklin Richards all at the same time? and still nearly won?

Has Martian Manhunter ever managed to stop the Juggernaut from tearing down the fabric of reality?

Has Martian Manhunter ever won a fight against Dark phoenix?

Martian_mind
Has Martian Manhunter ever really posed a threat to The Avengers, the FF, the X-men, X-man, the Hulk and Franklin Richards all at the same time? and still nearly won?

Has Martian Manhunter ever managed to stop the Juggernaut from tearing down the fabric of reality?

Has Martian Manhunter ever won a fight against Dark phoenix?

Has Xavier ever done that without magneto's,Franklins and Nates powers?Magneto bosted Xaviers powers.......also as Fernus Jonn was crushing the JlA and damn near obliterated every white martian,and Jonn eventually overpowered Fernus in the astral realm...

Has Xavier ever navigated his way through a solar-system sized entity all the while battling a telepath so powerful it controlled planets of Darkseid level beings?

Has Xavier ever peirced the overmind of heaven?

willRules
Probably embarrasment

Martian_mind
Consider yourself chastened,now run allong as it's 2:30 am here and not in the mood to pwn anyone beside Rewmak.

ExodusCloak

It's a great feat for X, but written oddly.

I don't think he was insinuating that Galactus couldn't, just highlighting the point that Galactus may be capable of compassion. In any event Charles is proven wrong on the next page.

Galactus' omniscience is sort of weird. Since he needs Heralds to do the Planet searching, and got himself caught in Annihilation.

jasofisc
Has Xavier ever done that without magneto's,Franklins and Nates powers?Magneto bosted Xaviers powers.......also as Fernus Jonn was crushing the JlA and damn near obliterated every white martian,and Jonn eventually overpowered Fernus in the astral realm...

Has Xavier ever navigated his way through a solar-system sized entity all the while battling a telepath so powerful it controlled planets of Darkseid level beings?

Has Xavier ever peirced the overmind of heaven?

well it wasn't like x had mags inside him for the feats before x-man and fraklin. crussing the JLA is not very much compared to beating down and manipulating ff, avengers, doc doom, and soo soo many others that mm would be very hard pressed to face.

willRules
Consider yourself chastened,now run allong as it's 2:30 am here and not in the mood to pwn anyone beside Rewmak.

Xavier pwning at a young age.

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmen12117dt7.jpg

Xavier makes others around him more powerful

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2199/z1an1.jpg

Removing fatigue

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/6326/z1fk1.jpg

Ultimate Xavier pawning Ultimate Phoenix

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/827/z2pn8.jpg

616 Xavier pawning 616 Phoenix

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/4975/z4hp1.jpg

Kulan Gath a guy who has given Dr Strange a tough time before, admits that Xavier is one of the greatest telepaths.

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/4883/z1yd3.jpg

You were saying something about chastened? roll eyes (sarcastic)

starlock

Removing fatigue

Kulan Gath a guy who has given Dr Strange a tough time before, admits that Xavier is one of the greatest telepaths.

Hey friend,did you read the comic where xavier beat phoenix?

Xavier says he would have lost! if jean did not help him

Its right in the scan you provided- i would try and be more thorough

willRules
Originally posted by starlock
Hey friend,did you read the comic where xavier beat phoenix?

Xavier says he would have lost! if jean did not help him

Its right in the scan you provided- i would try and be more thorough

I'm not saying Phoenix couldn't beat him or Jean didn't help all I'm saying is that Xavier took down Phoenix which is true. If Jean really wanted to she could destroy the whole planet but deep down she has feelings for the X-men which keep her in check, plus she chose to take on Xavier in the psychic realm, not a physical battle otherwise Chuck would be screwed whereas Xavier is a Master of the psychic realm. yes

Nonetheless how many telepaths can say they have taken down Phoenix?

starlock
I'm not saying Phoenix couldn't beat him or Jean didn't help all I'm saying is that Xavier took down Phoenix which is true. If Jean really wanted to she could destroy the whole planet but deep down she has feelings for the X-men which keep her in check, plus she chose to take on Xavier in the psychic realm, not a physical battle otherwise Chuck would be screwed whereas Xavier is a Master of the psychic realm. yes

Cmon friend why would you say
"616 Xavier pawning 616 Phoenix"

what do you think that means to people who dont read the scans or just take your word for it?
just being fair

willRules
Cmon friend why would you say
"616 Xavier pawning 616 Phoenix"

what do you think that means to people who dont read the scans or just take your word for it?
just being fair

So are you saying that Xavier didn't take down Phoenix? If you are suggesting he didn't then I would recommend you read the scan again. Xavier did take down Phoenix yes

manorastroman
j'onn's mageddon feat is totally stupid PIS. nobody on wonderworld realized that it was just activating the reptilian brain? people on wonderworld have a reptilian portion of the brain?

blah. morrison is great for stories, but his feats and interior continuity are pretty poor.

Martian_mind

Removing fatigue

Jonn links the mind of every hero on earth.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic232.jpg

Jonn Casts a telepathic illusion in an omnipotent persons mind,while giving Flash X-ray vision.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic145.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic146.jpg

Jonn puts the JLA to sleep.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic143.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic144.jpg

Jonn keeps the GOD Vishnu asleep.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic211.jpg

Jonn Telepathically stalemates Starro,then sends him packing,and he does this without help from Jean.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic124.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/...imscomic125.jpg

Jonn stops a Spectre who is tearing apart the JLA with a telepathic shout and drags him to the astral plain.

Yes i was saying something on being chastened,and i beleive it still stands.

starlock
So are you saying that Xavier didn't take down Phoenix? If you are suggesting he didn't then I would recommend you read the scan again. Xavier did take down Phoenix yes

Oh boy, i see someone who likes to argue just for the fun of it hehe

I dont need to read the scan i own the comic,Xavier did not take down the phoenix-there i said it

Sorry if the Xavier fans are dissapointed( i like xavier), but the psychic circut breakers xavier created were gone the instant phoenix manifest again in the next comic,so why did the circut breakers fail? i thought xavier took her down? why? because jean helped him

XAVIER " would..have lost--but i sensed jean..fighting her phoenix self...HELPING ME...
Bless you child i am so proud of you"

Whats to debate he had help,i am not trying to put down xavier ,i am just being fair

long pig
Yep. Especially the Spectre one.

His badassedness isn't limited to industry and corporate boundaries. In fact, he's able to mindrape real world people! Be afraid!

But, yeah-other than beings that don't exist in Marvel- most of those feats I can find a Strange feat that is actually similar. Maybe not without the Eye, but I don't see the problem with him using it...since, ya' know, it's part of him. Can you do the same with your little green turd man? Nooooooooooooo. evil face

Wanna join NAMBLA? droolio

long pig
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I don't think he was insinuating that Galactus couldn't, just highlighting the point that Galactus may be capable of compassion. In any event Charles is proven wrong on the next page.

Galactus' omniscience is sort of weird. Since he needs Heralds to do the Planet searching, and got himself caught in Annihilation.
He doesn't need them to do anything, he uses heralds to give the planet's inhabitants warning to leave. Galactus is the biggest bleeding heart, womanly, compassionate cosmic ever created.

xjustice69x

I dont need to read the scan i own the comic,Xavier did not take down the phoenix-there i said it

Sorry if the Xavier fans are dissapointed( i like xavier), but the psychic circut breakers xavier created were gone the instant phoenix manifest again in the next comic,so why did the circut breakers fail? i thought xavier took her down? why? because jean helped him

XAVIER " would..have lost--but i sensed jean..fighting her phoenix self...HELPING ME...

Whats to debate he had help,i am not trying to put down xavier ,i am just being fair
i agree . the scan says it all
now weather or not its pis is debatable
i think prof X is the most expieranced and adept at using his power at that level.
others might have more power output but hes got the finnes imo

jasofisc

you are being fair jean was helping him. However just two telepaths against the phonix force is pretty impressive I wonder how much help she was, in the cartoon we seen but not in the comic)

jasofisc
I personally thought the Onslaught saga said it all about a non jobbering going all out prof. x no other telepath (in marvel) can create another being from their TP that is anywhere near onslaughts level. Also he added the powers of mags too it, just nobody else compairs to that besides strange. I'm just going to say that besides strange no other telepath in marvel is as powerful or as adept in using there tp as x is. Most people say x-man is more powerful but he could only creat armor and madelin prior with his tp so that puts him below.

just to educate people about onslaught because only a few people know about this for some reason but Onslaught was a creation of prof x and him alone. the only people aborbed into onslaught was fraklin and x-man, before that it was all pro x. So that is the area I diffently see x trumping everyone else was that he made onslaught (sub conscientiously) I can't imagin what he could do now if he would just let himself lose and break out from this I will never use my powers to hurt people crap. Serously x has been beaten down by college kids before how the crap is that possible? So that's why I favore the other guy in the vs. debates is because x wont really fight back. but if we are going by over all power it's x (that is besides strange in marvel)

long pig
I agree that Prof is probably the best skilled telepath on such a large level on Marvel Earth. Strange isn't as adept at using tp as X. He wouldn't lose in a tp fight ever (he already mind wiped marvel earth before including X evil face ), but he's not able to do the intracat things that X can do.

It IS his only power, he better be good at it.

Martian_mind
Yep. Especially the Spectre one.

His badassedness isn't limited to industry and corporate boundaries. In fact, he's able to mindrape real world people! Be afraid!

But, yeah-other than beings that don't exist in Marvel- most of those feats I can find a Strange feat that is actually similar. Maybe not without the Eye, but I don't see the problem with him using it...since, ya' know, it's part of him. Can you do the same with your little green turd man? Nooooooooooooo. evil face

Wanna join NAMBLA? droolio

One's that are similar,but don't top them,So Strange doesn't dwarf MM like you would like to think he does.

I can say my little green turd man is now far more powerful then ether before because the Key is awake...

Was a memeber for awhile,didn't work out.

Martian_mind
I agree that Prof is probably the best skilled telepath on such a large level on Marvel Earth.

It IS his only power, he better be good at it.

Xavier actually a bit sad when you consider both Strange and MM are better then him at it,but they also have a buttload of other abilities.

long pig
One's that are similar,but don't top them,So Strange doesn't dwarf MM like you would like to think he does.

I can say my little green turd man is now far more powerful then ether before because the Key is awake...

I didn't say he dwarfed MM. Is that why you went all fanboy on me? What the f**k? stick out tongue

I know MM's feats, he's bad ass.

jasofisc

MM is very powerfull and a top tier in fact i have defended him in MM vs. thor and MM vs. superman debates, but against strange i'm not seeing it sorry. I think that MM and x are very similar too in that most of the time they don't cut lose or even put forth the effort they should to take down threats. Like that omac that owned MM, or when despero was practicly raping him. I think an omac shouldn't be anything for MM and that he should of been able to hold his own against despero.

Martian_mind
MM is very powerfull and a top tier in fact i have defended him in MM vs. thor and MM vs. superman debates, but against strange i'm not seeing it sorry. I think that MM and x are very similar too in that most of the time they don't cut lose or even put forth the effort they should to take down threats. Like that omac that owned MM, or when despero was practicly raping him. I think an omac shouldn't be anything for MM and that he should of been able to hold his own against despero.

I know Jonn would lose to Strange,but they're Tp is comparable.

Yeah,any time Despero and Jonn throw down Jonn forgets that he can shapeshift,phase or that he has superspeed.

Charlotte DeBel
The thing about comparing Xavier and Jonn falls under A+B>A logic. People tend to forget that Martian Manhunter is a shapeshifter of highest order and has some hidden tricks... like stretching his nervous system to boost his telepathy (actually with fully stretched nervous system he looks really weird...like a sentient tree or somthing like that- he did that once to scan entire Earth in shortest time possible), thus he doesn't need any gadgets for powering himself up... Skillwise it comes to who of them is better at improvisation and unorthodox ways of using their TP... MM improvises rarely- but that's because he has skills of his entire race to back him up- with such an experience there's little or no need to invent something new.(Offtopic:being Emma's fangirl, I think that she's actually one of the most creative TP on 616 Earth, if not the most creative- she actually uses her TP in unorthodoxal ways.)

But Jonn and Charles both can be defeated by Strange's mystical telepathy...

xmarksthespot
With telepathy, skill can beat raw power, for reference see Emma vs Rachel.

Martian_mind
Jonn has skill,he just rarely utilises it.He was able to absorb the deprression from Aquaman and afflict Atlantean soildiers with it 5x as badly.

Charlotte DeBel
Jonn has more skills from the past experience of his entire race. And Xavier has shown more capabilities for improvisation (which isn't such a nessesity for Jonn, as for him "everything was invented before and there's no need to reinvent the trick"wink. Being the last one out of long chain of genetations and posessing all of their skills can be serious burden for one's imagination...
On the other hand, Jonn actually has some unorthodox uses for his TP (like using desires-fulfillment scenario on Despero)

manorastroman
j'onn's mageddon feat is totally stupid PIS. nobody on wonderworld realized that it was just activating the reptilian brain? people on wonderworld have a reptilian portion of the brain?

blah. morrison is great for stories, but his feats and interior continuity are pretty poor.

i hate it when observations like this go unobserved. sad

Martian_mind

Jonn has feats that equal or exceed that so i doubt it's Pis.

Also Earth only knew about the R-complex because of Animal mans connection to the red,and wonder world was solely populated by people so there'd be no reptile to be observed.

jasofisc

anytime a herld level character beats a skyfather level character or effects the universe/mulitiy verse it's PIS

willRules

That's me smile

I really can't respond to this any other way other than saying...........

id369
I have just updated X-Man telepathy feats.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/409506_5-nate-grey-x-man-respect-thread

I covered just about everything important regarding Nate.

As for the topic.
We have seen plenty of characters from earth, (humans, and mutants) surpassing Xavier.

The most powerful telepath or mind, would simply be a false title for Xavier.

willRules
Originally posted by id369
I have just updated X-Man telepathy feats.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/409506_5-nate-grey-x-man-respect-thread

I covered just about everything important regarding Nate.

As for the topic.
We have seen plenty of characters from earth, (humans, and mutants) surpassing Xavier.

The most powerful telepath or mind, would simply be a false title for Xavier.

I agree but I feel that Xavier is vastly underrated on these forums yes

jasofisc
besides maybe x-man (when he became shaman that was a differnt earth), cable (godlike) and dr. strange I don't thing their is anybody as powerful in the tp catagory then prof. x people mention moon dragon, jean (non phonix) and emma frost but he has done everything they have done he's just such a pancy he doesn't do it all the time. and he's done something that no other TP user has done that is make a skyfather level or sub skyfatherlevel being from his TP. Yeah that was all x his tp just simulated the powers of mags, since mags was fine after being mind raped and x never absorbed mags. so yeah any other tp do that. I didn't think so and yes x has affected worlds before just like moon dragon when the x-men traveled back in time he linked gal with 10 billion skrulls on a planet he wasn't even on and he was greatly weakened at the time.

long pig
I think it's sorta funny that Strange mindwiped Prof X in the 70's and X was under his complete control.

willRules
I think it's sorta funny that Strange mindwiped Prof X in the 70's and X was under his complete control.

I think it's sorta funny that Xavier has apparently got his powers back whereas in new Avenger's Strange is being continually punked by Ninjas stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
Mystic Arcana is supposedly going to define the rules of Marvel Magic. So uber cosmic punking Dr. Strange may become a thing of the past. Pre-Retcon Dr. Strange. shifty

ExodusCloak
Damn it... sad

http://comics.ign.com/articles/793/793790p1.html

willRules
He's back. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.