Ryu vs Takuma Sakazaki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Suzaku Castle, Japan.

Today is the anniversary of Gouken's murder and his two former apprentices, Ryu (the current caretaker of the grounds) and Ken Masters, have come to his gravesite at Suzaku Castle, the location of the Ansatsuken Dojo, to pay their respects.

A third person drops by also to pay their respects to the fallen Ansatsuken master: Takuma Sakazaki, patriarch of the Sakazaki family and master of the Shoran style of Kyokugenryu Karate.

"I knew Gouken," Takuma says with genuine sincerity. "Gotetsu as well. Good men, even better fighters. They didn't deserve to be killed the way they did."

Ryu bows slightly. "Thank you."

Takuma sizes Ryu up. "I have heard about you through my son and his friends. It would do me a great honor to see how Gouken's disciple holds up in combat."

Ryu rises to the challenge. "Tomorrow, on the rooftop."

The following day, Ryu and Takuma face off. Instead of hiw usual white gi, Ryu is dressed in a spare black gi and red headband, while Takuma is in his own gi and Tengu Mask.

Watching the fight from the ground, is Ken, Ryo and Yuri. Takuma removes his mask, tosses it into the air, and breaks it in two with a kick. Ryu tightens his headband and adjusts his gloves.

"Let's see how well Master Gouken has taught you," Takuma says as he went into his stance. "To make things interesting, we shall use no ki attacks. Just pure skill."

Ryu nods as he goes into his stance. "Agreed."

Stage: Ryu's Third Strike Stage.

TricksterPriest
So this is Takuma, not Mr. Karate? I'd say Ryu takes this one.

Remulous
....Ryu....

shin_remy
Ryu

Drunk_of_Fury
Takuma Sakazaki wins for sure cause he has more experience of fighting and he is far stronger and faster then Ryu.
By the way Takuma and Mr.Karate is the same person so it don't matter if he Fights whit or whiteout his mask he is good any way!!!

Major Snafu i LIKE you're GREAT intros i really enjoy Reading them smile

Emperor Ashtar
Takuma would win

brainchild81
I've known Takuma to do nothing but get beat up by his kid. (W/my superior logic, I'd guess that he was still holding back a bit 'cause he knew he was fighting his son whereas Ryo may not have been 'cause he wasn't sure he was fighting his pop. That's only a guess though.) He has the exp. I guess, but that's NEVER helped his team get to the finals in KOF. If he & his son are anywhere near as tough as some say, there's no way they shouldn't have been been able to make it past Terry's team since many see Terry's teammates to be weak. Ryu beats the old man down & becomes Takuma's new master.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by brainchild81
I've known Takuma to do nothing but get beat up by his kid. (W/my superior logic, I'd guess that he was still holding back a bit 'cause he knew he was fighting his son whereas Ryo may not have been 'cause he wasn't sure he was fighting his pop. That's only a guess though.) He has the exp. I guess, but that's NEVER helped his team get to the finals in KOF. If he & his son are anywhere near as tough as some say, there's no way they shouldn't have been been able to make it past Terry's team since many see Terry's teammates to be weak. Ryu beats the old man down & becomes Takuma's new master.
Ryu, can't even beat the bosses in his own universe and he's supposed to beat Takuma?

Remulous
I've known Takuma to do nothing but get beat up by his kid. (W/my superior logic, I'd guess that he was still holding back a bit 'cause he knew he was fighting his son whereas Ryo may not have been 'cause he wasn't sure he was fighting his pop. That's only a guess though.) He has the exp. I guess, but that's NEVER helped his team get to the finals in KOF. If he & his son are anywhere near as tough as some say, there's no way they shouldn't have been been able to make it past Terry's team since many see Terry's teammates to be weak. Ryu beats the old man down & becomes Takuma's new master. Not to mention, Takuma got beat up by a young Geese, then and old Geese got beat by Terry. And many say that Terry and Ryu are around the same level.

Remulous
Edit

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
Not to mention, Takuma got beat up by a young Geese, then and old Geese got beat by Terry. And many say that Terry and Ryu are around the same level.
Takuma was jobbed, that doesn't mean he can't beat ass. With that logic, I could say orochi is weak because he lost to the sacred treasures team.

brainchild81
You think Takuma losing to Geese is jobbing?Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Ryu, can't even beat the bosses in his own universe and he's supposed to beat Takuma? Sado is that you?laughing Takuma can't even beat the regulars in his own universe & he's supposed to beat Ryu? The bosses in Ryu's universe aren't known for fu*king around & jobbing like the one's in Takuma's universe. What has the guy done besides get beat up by Ryo? If he can beat ass as you say, where are the ass beating victims?

Emperor Ashtar
You think Takuma losing to Geese is jobbing?

No, but Takuma is a beast.

Sado is that you?laughing Takuma can't even beat the regulars in his own universe & he's supposed to beat Ryu? The bosses in Ryu's universe aren't known for fu*king around & jobbing like the one's in Takuma's universe. What has the guy done besides get beat up by Ryo? If he can beat ass as you say, where are the ass beating victims?

The nest satelite? confused

Remulous
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Takuma was jobbed, that doesn't mean he can't beat ass. With that logic, I could say orochi is weak because he lost to the sacred treasures team. He wasn't jobbed, he lost and Orochi is weak against the Sacred Treasures, if he wasn't things would've been different.Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
The nest satelite? confused Wow, that thing was one of the stronget characters ever, Takuma is a beast

Emperor Ashtar
He wasn't jobbed, he lost and Orochi is weak against the Sacred Treasures, if he wasn't things would've been different.

But, how did they survive orochi's attacks? Even if orochi's weak, he should be able to blow them away.

brainchild81
No, but Takuma is a beast.It'd be nice if he actually DID something beastly. You think he jobbed when fighting Ryo? If the style is so strong, how come a team w/him and the much vaunted heir to said style couldn't get past a Team w/Terry & 2 inferiors?
The nest satelite? confused hysterical

Emperor Ashtar
It'd be nice if he actually DID something beastly. You think he jobbed when fighting Ryo? If the style is so strong, how come a team w/him and the much vaunted heir to said style get past a Team w/Terry & 2 inferiors?
hysterical weep

brainchild81
hysterical Seriously though. Takuma's gotta do something besides never win any fights for me to think he's all that tough.

Remulous
hysterical Seriously though. Takuma's gotta do something besides never win any fights for me to think he's all that tough. He looks tough.

brainchild81
True.

olympian
When did Takuma lost to Geese? When he was defeated by Ryo and stopped being at Mr Big`s orders he had nothing to do with Geese anymore. IIRC, Geese wasen`t even at the city during the particular events of AOF1.

And yes. Takuma, at most versions.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by olympian
When did Takuma lost to Geese? When he was defeated by Ryo and stopped being at Mr Big`s orders he had nothing to do with Geese anymore. IIRC, Geese wasen`t even at the city during the particular events of AOF1.

And yes. Takuma, at most versions.

At least someone recognizes the awesome power of Mr.Karate/Takuma!!!!

Remulous
Hashshashoduken!!!

brainchild81
laughing You'd think he actually beat somebody up if he was that tough.

olympian
He was never sold as higher than the top tiers of the game. So how exactly "tough" you suposse he was set to be?

Ryo beat him by a hair, same way as Geese. Wich only shows they round more or less in the same ballpark. That seems "tough" enough for me.

brainchild81
1.Haven't seen AOF as that high ever to be honest.
2.Did he lose to Geese or not?

Remulous
I must agree. I don't think the AOFers are as powerful as the KOF and FF guys, they had too hard a time with a still bad ass, yet weaker version of Geese.

olympian
1.Haven't seen AOF as that high ever to be honest.
2.Did he lose to Geese or not?

1- Mr Karate was top tier/boss. The problem is, that in those games, the "heroes" were about that level as well. Ryo alone had supers where we would steal 100% someone`s life. He was kind of like Terry, that he had to be toned down later in KOF. The fact that he only won by a hair screams "tough" for me.

However the KOF Mr Karate in some versions is definatly even higher than the AOF Mr Karate, tho. Like the `98 version or SVC Chaos.

2- They never fougth in the early games if you are talking about story modes. He was hired with the porpuse to kill Jeff, and we all know who wanted to hire him. There was no way he was low even by original`s standarts.

I must agree. I don't think the AOFers are as powerful as the KOF and FF guys, they had too hard a time with a still bad ass, yet weaker version of Geese.

The KOF versions of some characters for the most part are higher, no doubt. But some are lower than they were in those games, like Robert.

I don`t also agree with the assertion that the AOF guys were weaker than the FF ones. Geese was younger in AOF2, but so was Ryo. He was around 21/22 and four years younger than the boss itself. By the time Terry takes in, Ryo (by supossition) already takes his father`s mantle and only gets more powerful.

Remulous
The KOF versions of some characters for the most part are higher, no doubt. But some are lower than they were in those games, like Robert.

I don`t also agree with the assertion that the AOF guys were weaker than the FF ones. Geese was younger in AOF2, but so was Ryo. He was around 21/22 and four years younger than the boss itself. By the time Terry takes in, Ryo (by supossition) already takes his father`s mantle and only gets more powerful. Outside of AOF Ryo has won nothing, or beat anyone worth mentioning, so IMO, this either means that he hasn't got stronger or the KOFers are really powerful OR SNK has completely neglected one of his veterans. Not to mention that most of the KOFers are like young high schoolers who always win over Ryo.

Emperor Ashtar
Outside of AOF Ryo has won nothing, or beat anyone worth mentioning, so IMO, this either means that he hasn't got stronger or the KOFers are really powerful OR SNK has completely neglected one of his veterans. Not to mention that most of the KOFers are like young high schoolers who always win over Ryo.
laughing True. . .

Remulous
laughing True. . . And it's a damn shame.

brainchild81
Nah. F**k him. Showing respect to vets is only cool when it's a vet that deserves it. Terry, as much as I don't like him, is an original character whose popularity isn't far from that of Iori & Kyo's. The same can't be said about Ryo. If you gotta show an SNK vet respect let it be Terry, not the "hero" who lead his series to certain doom. Originally posted by Remulous
Outside of AOF Ryo has won nothing, or beat anyone worth mentioning, so IMO, this either means that he hasn't got stronger or the KOFers are really powerful OR SNK has completely neglected one of his veterans. Not to mention that most of the KOFers are like young high schoolers who always win over Ryo. Ditto. I can't really respect the Suckazaki clan when they've claimed to have the strongest style and their team comprised of THREE masters of it can't get the job done when fighting against team's w/one tough guy & 2 losers. (Terry's/Kyo's)

olympian
Outside of AOF Ryo has won nothing, or beat anyone worth mentioning, so IMO, this either means that he hasn't got stronger or the KOFers are really powerful OR SNK has completely neglected one of his veterans. Not to mention that most of the KOFers are like young high schoolers who always win over Ryo.
KOF Ryo is de-aged. He was a rookie when he entered KOF in 94, same as Kyo. The versions aren`t the same.

Its not a secret of state that Ryo in KOF isent up to the AOF "levels" like Terry isent to FF.

Talking about AOF now, outside of Geese, Ryo has *only* encountered the likes of Mr Karate, Robert, King and Mr Big. Does this list looks low to you? They were all top tiers.

So yes, they couldnt have gotten stronger in KOF because by defination they lack the same experience and level.

Ditto. I can't really respect the Suckazaki clan when they've claimed to have the strongest style and their team comprised of THREE masters of it can't get the job done when fighting against team's w/one tough guy & 2 losers. (Terry's/Kyo's)

One Master and two rookies you mean. Three if you count, Yuri.

olympian
And it's a damn shame.

Why?

KOF Ryo or any other "vet" doesnt have to share the same record he originally did. SNK made a staple of making a timeline where most of the vets became tournment rookies.

olympian
Nah. F**k him. Showing respect to vets is only cool when it's a vet that deserves it.

And of course you define who deserves it. But SNK doesnt roll eyes (sarcastic)

brainchild81
laughing Maybe you're not paying attention again mane. Rem was talking about them neglecting another vet. Apparentely SNK already has defined it since Ryo ain't been in the finals in the KOF game centered timeline EVER(You said you'd answer my questions about this a while ago, but you never did). Just expressing my opinion mane. AOF has always been a 2nd class series because of second class hero compared to FF, hence Terry's always been a good deal more popular than Ryo. Ryo seems to be one of SNK's least popular heroes. I've seen the heroes for most of their games involved in anime for the series. Ryo & AOF hasn't IIRC

brainchild81
Talking about AOF now, outside of Geese, Ryo has *only* encountered the likes of Mr Karate, Robert, King and Mr Big. Does this list looks low to you? They were all top tiers.Based on what? What have they done?
One Master and two rookies you mean. Three if you count, Yuri. Well they all got black belts. I should have defined it better. They had a master(takuma) & 2 highest level students (Robert & Ryo)w/experience working together & friendship & they still didn't get that far even w/"the strongest style". What other teams had masters around that time?

Remulous
KOF Ryo is de-aged. He was a rookie when he entered KOF in 94, same as Kyo. The versions aren`t the same.

Its not a secret of state that Ryo in KOF isent up to the AOF "levels" like Terry isent to FF.

Talking about AOF now, outside of Geese, Ryo has *only* encountered the likes of Mr Karate, Robert, King and Mr Big. Does this list looks low to you? They were all top tiers. He aint de-aged, he was as old as he was in the first AOF. My point is even if Ryo was a rookie, he was far older then Kyo was when he first appeared and his game came out first. SNK basicly took one of their vets and turned him into another character.

Ryo is up to his AOF level in the times of KOF 2000-XI. Terry is at his Garou level in 2003.

KOF is a great game, but the way they do their characters of other franchises is just bogus. And every KOF boss is stronger the any FF or AOF boss as well and no one from AOF or FF really have in big part in taking down the KOF bosses. The AOF and FF characters are just there to fill in the roster.

brainchild81
Besides Terry, that's what all the FFers have done since the FF days.

Remulous
Besides Terry, that's what all the FFers have done since the FF days. What has Terry done, that made an impact in KOF?

Major Snafu
What has Terry done, that made an impact in KOF?

In KOF, squat. In Fatal Fury, a lot. And how are my fanfics? Anymore favorites?

Remulous
We all know Terry's the main man in FF but in KOF, they made him into some guy, he doesn't even play as well as he did in the FF.

BTY, the fanfics are great, you should make an MVC Fanfic.

P-Geyser
We all know Terry's the main man in FF but in KOF, they made him into some guy, he doesn't even play as well as he did in the FF.

BTY, the fanfics are great, you should make an MVC Fanfic.

Thats the gods honest truth. Terry and Ryo and the rest of the FF and Aof crew look like regular joe schmo's to the all mighty powerful flame users.

Remulous
I really wish the writers would elaborate on why Terry doesn't get that far in the KOF, like what does he do during the tournaments. They make it seem as if he is just there, like DJ in SF.

brainchild81
What has Terry done, that made an impact in KOF? Nothing much.Originally posted by P-Geyser
Thats the gods honest truth. Terry and Ryo and the rest of the FF and Aof crew look like regular joe schmo's to the all mighty powerful flame users. Has the FF crew besides Terry ever looked like anything other than regular joe schmoes? It's not like SNK used to give them mad props & then stopped when the flame users showed up. They were never allowed to do anything other than lose. I've no problem w/them giving Terry and one of the better characters from AOF(King,Robert) win. But I'd like for Terry to get beat up @least once 1st, lest KOF become the Terry wankfest that FF was

brainchild81
Same goes for AOF crew too. What have they ever done besides lose to the ripoff? Don't make it seem like these guys were hot sh*t in a champagne glass before the flame users showed up. More like cold diarrhea in a Styrofoam cup. People there just to lose to the main character. Those 2 games had 2 cats allowed to shine between the both of 'em. That is the damn shame.

P-Geyser
Nothing much. Has the FF crew besides Terry ever looked like anything other than regular joe schmoes? It's not like SNK used to give them mad props & then stopped when the flame users showed up. They were never allowed to do anything other than lose. I've no problem w/them giving Terry and one of the better characters from AOF(King,Robert) win. But I'd like for Terry to get beat up @least once 1st, lest KOF become the Terry wankfest that FF was

The same thing can be said as the Kyo, Iori or Flameuser wankfest. Who has Kyo lost to other than Gontuz...what about Iori?...I never heard of him losing a match. At least SNK went in a good direction with MOTW's...because even though it was connected to the FF storyline as you know, Rock Howard was the new hero and Terry never stole his thunder or beat Kain. Though in KOF Kyo comes in with his saves the day routine, and beats the boss including the Nest Saga.

If that were the case with Terry, he might as well have beaten Grant and Rock and went on to beat Kain....but he didn't.

Damn you BC...I want to type more to explain but I am tired after watching WM 23...I will continue tommorow.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Damn you BC...I want to type more to explain but I am tired after watching WM 23...I will continue tommorow.

Haha! I won 75 bucks on the Billionaires battle! Vince is bald!

Emperor Ashtar
I really wish the writers would elaborate on why Terry doesn't get that far in the KOF, like what does he do during the tournaments. They make it seem as if he is just there, like DJ in SF.

But, Dj has only been in 2 games and one of which (Alpha 3) he wasn't supposed to be there. Not to mention there is no main plot in alpha 3, so how does that compare to terry with his 9 KOF appearance's?

brainchild81
The same thing can be said as the Kyo, Iori or Flameuser wankfest.Not exactly the same. Whe it was Terry's wankfest, he didn't share the glory with anyone did he? No, then you can't say the same thing. Let's be logical here.
Who has Kyo lost to other than Gontuz...O.Iori. That makes 2. Who has Terry lost to period? Exactly, there's no comparison & you know it. Kyo, for all his flaws hasn't been made out to be unbeatable like Terry has. Kyo usually shares glory when "saving the day". Anybody share glory w/Terry in FF? If not, end of discussion.
what about Iori?Laid the f**k out after a controversial loss to Ash. What about Terry? He ever been laid the f**k out in ANY game? We seem to be repeating ourselves w/this. If there's some character out there that's beat Terry that I don't know about, please inform me. I'd love to know. If not, end of discussion.
...I never heard of him losing a match. At least SNK went in a good direction with MOTW's...because even though it was connected to the FF storyline as you know, Rock Howard was the new hero and Terry never stole his thunder or beat Kain.Depends on what happened w/Rock vs. Terry. If Terry won as some say, he sh*tted on Rock's glory big time. In all FF history the hero was the guy who didn't get his @ss kicked and they decide to change this all of the sudden so Terry can't lose? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Got a treat for you blood bro. The FF anniversary site is up. I've no language card, so you'll have to tell me what's there. Maybe you'll have some good news for me. Do they have sites when AOF has an anniversary?
Though in KOF Kyo comes in with his saves the day routine, and beats the boss including the Nest Saga.Was Kyo the only one left standing like Terry was all the time?
If that were the case with Terry, he might as well have beaten Grant and Rock and went on to beat Kain....but he didn't.Seems like Kain may be the only person he didn't beat. I'd love to be wrong about this though.
Damn you BC...I want to type more to explain but I am tired after watching WM 23...I will continue tommorow. I heard it was lame. I'm not putting another cent in Vince's pocket until he stops giving us the same old sh*t.

P-Geyser
Not exactly the same. Whe it was Terry's wankfest, he didn't share the glory with anyone did he? No, then you can't say the same thing. Let's be logical here.

He did through 94 and 95.....wait yes it has been stated that Kyo has been the KOF champion three times in row(what happened to Goro and Beni)plus he is the champ in the afjc.

O.Iori. That makes 2. Who has Terry lost to period? Exactly, there's no comparison & you know it. Kyo, for all his flaws hasn't been made out to be unbeatable like Terry has. Kyo usually shares glory when "saving the day". Anybody share glory w/Terry in FF? If not, end of discussion.

Yeah like Kyo "shared" the glory back in his first apperance in 94 even though KOF is a team effort. Yeah so end of disscussion.

Laid the f**k out after a controversial loss to Ash. What about Terry? He ever been laid the f**k out in ANY game? We seem to be repeating ourselves w/this. If there's some character out there that's beat Terry that I don't know about, please inform me. I'd love to know. If not, end of discussion.

Has Terry been laid the f**k out in any game?...hello KOF. Even though FF is different from KOF, I feel that it is connected. While Terry beat two strong bosses, Kyo and the rest of the flame user pack fight gods. And yes we seem to be reapeating ourselves in a f**King circle. Jesus Christ! I wish they would make another FF game so Andy and Joe can have glory but guess what? Playmore does not wish to do that. They would rather make KOF after KOF after KOF where you guess it Kyo and the flamesquad with their saving the day B.S. routine! so yeah end of f**king disscussion.

Depends on what happened w/Rock vs. Terry. If Terry won as some say, he sh*tted on Rock's glory big time. In all FF history the hero was the guy who didn't get his @ss kicked and they decide to change this all of the sudden so Terry can't lose? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Got a treat for you blood bro. The FF anniversary site is up. I've no language card, so you'll have to tell me what's there. Maybe you'll have some good news for me. Do they have sites when AOF has an anniversary?

The POINT is MOTW'S was not a Terry wankfest but the introduction to a new hero being Rock Howard. No I dont have sites to the AOF anniversary.

Was Kyo the only one left standing like Terry was all the time?

According to Sado and I think(got to check) Lantis YES. Usually in KOF, it would seem all of the fighters(including Terry and rest)get laid out and Kyo(with Iori and Chizuri sometimes)comes in to save the day.

Seems like Kain may be the only person he didn't beat. I'd love to be wrong about this though.

It was not Terry I believe. As I said Rock's time to shine.

I heard it was lame. I'm not putting another cent in Vince's pocket until he stops giving us the same old sh*t.

The only thing that was lame about wm 23, is Kahli and John Cena's never ending title reighn.

Remulous
But, Dj has only been in 2 games and one of which (Alpha 3) he wasn't supposed to be there. Not to mention there is no main plot in alpha 3, so how does that compare to terry with his 9 KOF appearance's? Because in SF DJ has done nothing important, and in KOF Terry has done nothing important. The 2 characters are just there for no reason.

SNK really needs to make a FF, at least finish the FF story.

Emperor Ashtar
Because in SF DJ has done nothing important, and in KOF Terry has done nothing important. The 2 characters are just there for no reason.

But, that was not my point, again there was no main plot in half the games DJ was in I.E. Alpha 3.

Remulous
But, that was not my point, again there was no main plot in half the games DJ was in I.E. Alpha 3. My point is, Terry has done for KOF what DJ does for SF...nothing.

Also, every SF game has a main plot, even Alpha 3.

Emperor Ashtar
My point is, Terry has done for KOF what DJ does for SF...nothing.

Also, every SF game has a main plot, even Alpha 3.
No, they don't, what's the main plot of alpha 2 and Third Strike?

And, alpha 3's main plot was random as hell, and it sucked.

Remulous
No, they don't, what's the main plot of alpha 2 and Third Strike?

And, alpha 3's main plot was random as hell, and it sucked. 3rd Strike's plot was Gill wanting to become the savior, hosting the SF3 tournament, and Alex wanting to get revenge so he beats Gill but loses to Ryu. End of SFIII

Alpha 3 was simple, Bison wanted to take Ryu's body and take over the world and the SF gang stopped him.

P-Geyser
Because in SF DJ has done nothing important, and in KOF Terry has done nothing important. The 2 characters are just there for no reason.

The only thing that playmore cares about, is KOF, Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug. FF is dead...MOTW's is dead and AOF is definatley dead. Terry and Ryo just get to play slotfillers in KOF while the flameusers bask in the glory.

Remulous
The only thing that playmore cares about, is KOF, Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug. FF is dead...MOTW's is dead and AOF is definatley dead. Terry and Ryo just get to play slotfillers in KOF while the flameusers bask in the glory. Playmore doesn't even care about Samurai Showdown anymore. I have no problem with KOF, I just wish Playmore would revive some old series they've got.
It's crazy, this giant game company is pumping out 1 game series.

P-Geyser
Are you sure that playmore does not care about Samuarai Shodown anymore?

If that's the case, that is sad for characters like Haohamru, Charlotte Genjuro and the rest. They will join the ranks of Terry, Ryo and the rest. Like I said it's now all about KOF and Kyo and Iori embarrasment

Remulous
I know, I feel Playmore has forgotten them (or at least severely lessened the SS characters presentation.

brainchild81
He did through 94 and 95.....wait yes it has been stated that Kyo has been the KOF champion three times in row(what happened to Goro and Beni)plus he is the champ in the afjc.Not just talking about 94 & 95. He's shared the glory in other years. Terry never did ANY sharing in FF.
Yeah like Kyo "shared" the glory back in his first apperance in 94 even though KOF is a team effort. Yeah so end of disscussion.Read above
Has Terry been laid the f**k out in any game?...hello KOF.Who laid him the f*ck out?
Even though FF is different from KOF, I feel that it is connected. While Terry beat two strong bosses, Kyo and the rest of the flame user pack fight gods. And yes we seem to be reapeating ourselves in a f**King circle. Jesus Christ! I wish they would make another FF game so Andy and Joe can have glory but guess what? Playmore does not wish to do that. They would rather make KOF after KOF after KOF where you guess it Kyo and the flamesquad with their saving the day B.S. routine! so yeah end of f**king disscussion.laughing nice rant. Come on now though. Be serious. They can make all the FFs they want. We know that if Terry's there Andy & Joe won't have sh*t. Same as it always was. Don't be silly.
The POINT is MOTW'S was not a Terry wankfest but the introduction to a new hero being Rock Howard. No I dont have sites to the AOF anniversary.If Terry beat the hero in a series where the hero never loses, that's much worse than a wankfestsad
According to Sado and I think(got to check) Lantis YES. Usually in KOF, it would seem all of the fighters(including Terry and rest)get laid out and Kyo(with Iori and Chizuri sometimes)comes in to save the day.Then it's not ALL of the fighters. Whenever Terry had help they always seemed to get beat up so quickly that it's as if they weren't there. Kyo is sharing the glory w/Iori & Chiz since they are fighting w/him to the END of the battle. Terry is getting ALL the glory in FF.
It was not Terry I believe. As I said Rock's time to shine.I hope you are right, but seeing the way they di*keat Terry, I doubt it. I really want to know the results of Rock v. Terry.
The only thing that was lame about wm 23, is Kahli and John Cena's never ending title reighn. Batista was there also sad

olympian
Based on what? What have they done?

Besides you know, figthing up close an over the top Ryo?

hey, Robert beat Mr Big, thats something.

Well they all got black belts. I should have defined it better. They had a master(takuma) & 2 highest level students (Robert & Ryo)w/experience working together & friendship & they still didn't get that far even w/"the strongest style". What other teams had masters around that time?

Did they even had black belts at the time?

Doesnt really matter, tho. Besides being watered down versions of the originals, they didnt had any experience in tournments. Just like Kyo.

The only vet who had some, and wasent enterily retconned for this particular timeline, was Terry.

Masters....Kyo`s father? Wasent in 94 or 95 that there was a team only made by "old gessers"?

laughing Maybe you're not paying attention again mane. Rem was talking about them neglecting another vet. Apparentely SNK already has defined it since Ryo ain't been in the finals in the KOF game centered timeline EVER(You said you'd answer my questions about this a while ago, but you never did). Just expressing my opinion mane. AOF has always been a 2nd class series because of second class hero compared to FF, hence Terry's always been a good deal more popular than Ryo. Ryo seems to be one of SNK's least popular heroes. I've seen the heroes for most of their games involved in anime for the series. Ryo & AOF hasn't IIRC

lol.

I know what he said. I can read.

I dont agree with the stance that vets in one timeline have to be the same level in another. KOF isent Terry`s or Ryo`s show. Its the flame orgy show. So everything you just said, its bullocks.

And i frankly dont see Ryo as Terry popular either, who ever claimed that?

He aint de-aged, he was as old as he was in the first AOF..

...and being in his early 20`s in 94 is the de-age.

He was old as the first AOF in a game that happened in 94. By that time he should be shy of 30`s and with a KOF belt, wich under that timeline, never happened.

My point is even if Ryo was a rookie, he was far older then Kyo was when he first appeared and his game came out first. SNK basicly took one of their vets and turned him into another character..

Ryo in 94 was in the early 20`s, Kyo was 18. I dont see much difference at all. And thanks to the story change, Kyo ironically had more tournment history by this point, than he had.

olympian

And every KOF boss is stronger the any FF or AOF boss as well and no one from AOF or FF really have in big part in taking down the KOF bosses. The AOF and FF characters are just there to fill in the roster.

Every boss? Its debatable.

And one really shouldnt expect them to beat any on theyr own, in a franchise whose main eventers are the "other" type of figthers.

I find the whole "whos more valid" controversy to be quite dumb in fact. Both kind of protagonists have they`r own timeline to shine and be the main guns.

And Cena kept the belt?

Oh boredeness. Finish it up already.

Emperor Ashtar
3rd Strike's plot was Gill wanting to become the savior, hosting the SF3 tournament, and Alex wanting to get revenge so he beats Gill but loses to Ryu. End of SFIII That's double impact bucko.

Alpha 3 was simple, Bison wanted to take Ryu's body and take over the world and the SF gang stopped him. Not really, no one wanted to stop bison except for people associated with shadoloo or investigating it.

Tha C-Master
What part? He got beat by Ryu in his 3rd strike ending. If that's what you meant. I wasn't sure.

brainchild81
Besides you know, figthing up close an over the top Ryo?

hey, Robert beat Mr Big, thats something.no expressionIf you say so

Did they even had black belts at the time?Yeah. Look @ the art from that time. Ryo never appeared w/out one IIRC. Robert wasn't wearing a gi.
Doesnt really matter, tho. Besides being watered down versions of the originals, they didnt had any experience in tournments. Just like Kyo.OK. So that earlier thing about Ryo having won 1 KOF whereas Iori hasn't means nothing since it's been retconned then. AWESOME!!!!!!
The only vet who had some, and wasent enterily retconned for this particular timeline, was Terry.

Masters....Kyo`s father? Wasent in 94 or 95 that there was a team only made by "old gessers"?You must have missed the "that time" part. You're talking about a later year I think. Saisyu, Takuma & I think Heidern are what you speak of I think
lol. I know what he said. I can read.smileNot trying to be a smart@ss. It just seems like you have a VERY hard time grasping certain concepts. This wouldn't be the 1st time you read one thing and got something totally wrong from it
I dont agree with the stance that vets in one timeline have to be the same level in another. KOF isent Terry`s or Ryo`s show. Its the flame orgy show. So everything you just said, its bullocks.smileYou don't seem to be making sense again. Highlight what I said that's "bullocks". I'm guessing this is another one of those time when you don't understand or take another poster's words as mine.
And i frankly dont see Ryo as Terry popular either, who ever claimed that?Nobody. That was for Rem. I'm explaining how Ryo not getting any props in KOF is fine. He don't deserve 'em. F**k Ripoff Suckazaki

King Nothing
Ryu will pull off a victory, if this is Ryu by the time of 3rd Strike, anyway.

brainchild81
Agreed

olympian
no expressionIf you say so .

I do. And Mr Big was another, guess it: Top tier.

Robert also fougth in the semis of the KOF tournment in AOF2 against Ryo, albeigh he lost that one. It was again close, tho since they wer more or less equals overall.

:Yeah. Look @ the art from that time. Ryo never appeared w/out one IIRC. Robert wasn't wearing a gi.

I guess. But they still hardly had any experience in tourneys. Even Kyo who was two years younger, had more. Its got to factor in it.

:OK. So that earlier thing about Ryo having won 1 KOF whereas Iori hasn't means nothing since it's been retconned then. AWESOME!!!!!!

? I think i always made myself clear that the two timelines conflict each other. I will obviously use that element when we discuss the whole history of both characters, tho, since it belongs there. Just like giving Meira its due, even if MI isent exatcly Iori`s or Kyo`s "KOF" either.

I'm explaining how Ryo not getting any props in KOF is fine.

He obviously does, even if you do the blinding act about it. Everytime the best figthers are talked about, it`s consistantly about: Kyo, Ryo, Terry, Iori, K`, and now Ash. And it is for a reason. He is one of the BEST. Even toned down.

What he (or Terry for that matter), don`t have anymore in KOF is the timelight wich are due to protagonists, since its not they`r story.

Wich I am perfectly fine with, since it was never meant to be. They already had theyr`s. Let new faces show up.

olympian
Originally posted by King Nothing
Ryu will pull off a victory, if this is Ryu by the time of 3rd Strike, anyway.

Oh i agree.

Other versions of Ryu mostly lose against something of a 98` Takuma, tho. That version was a beast.

Darkstorm Zero
If this was his Mr. Karate or Serious Mr. Karate incarnations, I wouldn't even need to comment, since Ryu would lose horribly. but Taku's been watered down so badly when using his own persona, that the only version of him worth mentioning (As Oly has pointed out) was the '98 version. But as said, Ryu as of SF3 3rd Strike kicks his but with a Joudan Sakotsu Geri and Sakazaki goesflying off the stage.

Tha C-Master
Summed it up quite well.

brainchild81
I do. And Mr Big was another, guess it: Top tier.

Robert also fougth in the semis of the KOF tournment in AOF2 against Ryo, albeigh he lost that one. It was again close, tho since they wer more or less equals overall.
I guess. But they still hardly had any experience in tourneys. Even Kyo who was two years younger, had more. Its got to factor in it.

? I think i always made myself clear that the two timelines conflict each other. I will obviously use that element when we discuss the whole history of both characters, tho, since it belongs there.Nah. Not really. I've been saying it for the longest. When we compare the 2 it's irrelevant since
1. Iori wasn't around(seriouisly who cares what he did when Iori wasn't around to stop him?) & 2. It hasn't happened in a universe that contains both of them. It's like the only thing you could use to back him up vs. Iori was something that didn't happen. Lame
He obviously does, even if you do the blinding act about it. Everytime the best figthers are talked about, it`s consistantly about: Kyo, Ryo, Terry, Iori, K`, and now Ash. And it is for a reason. He is one of the BEST. Even toned down.
What he (or Terry for that matter), don`t have anymore in KOF is the timelight wich are due to protagonists, since its not they`r story.

Wich I am perfectly fine with, since it was never meant to be. They already had theyr`s. Let new faces show up. Terry still has a lil' shine. He seems to consistantly get farther than Ryo's team does. I haven't heard them mention Terry or Ryo that much since Ash showed up to be honest.

Remulous
That's double impact bucko.

Not really, no one wanted to stop bison except for people associated with shadoloo or investigating it. - 3rd Strike is nothing but a more in depth version or an expansion of Double Impact, not a complete advancement in the story.

- I meant they wanted to stop Bison from taking Ryu's body and the others wanted to stop him from taking over the world. The whole plot was a good guy versus bad guy thing.

Emperor Ashtar
- 3rd Strike is nothing but a more in depth version or an expansion of Double Impact, not a complete advancement in the story.
No, it's not, Third Strike is the epilogue of the Street Fighter 3 tournament. Just like Alpha 2 was the epilogue of the Street Fighter 1 Tournament, they both take place one year later.

- I meant they wanted to stop Bison from taking Ryu's body and the others wanted to stop him from taking over the world. The whole plot was a good guy versus bad guy thing.

I know what your saying, but I'm just commenting on how alpha 3 was bad in terms of story.

Remulous
No, it's not, Third Strike is the epilogue of the Street Fighter 3 tournament. Just like Alpha 2 was the epilogue of the Street Fighter 1 Tournament, they both take place one year later.

I know what your saying, but I'm just commenting on how alpha 3 was bad in terms of story. No dude. I'm telling you, every different SF series takes place at the same time or VERY shortly after each other. I use to think that every new SF as an advancements in the plot as well, but it's more of an elaboration on the same game with each game in the Alpha, 2, III, and EX series.

Every new SF for every new series is like the SF2s.

Emperor Ashtar
No dude. I'm telling you, every different SF series takes place at the same time or VERY shortly after each other. I use to think that every new SF as an advancements in the plot as well, but it's more of an elaboration on the same game with each game in the Alpha, 2, III, and EX series.

Every new SF for every new series is like the SF2s.

Prove it, where is the canon evidence behind this claim.

Remulous
Prove it, where is the canon evidence behind this claim. Cuz it was said that the makers of SF said that there really was no on going story and that each game took place in it's own dimension or something like that.

Example...

Street Fighter III = SF2

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact: Giant Attack = Street Fighter:Champion Edition

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future = Street Fighter Turbo: Hyper Fighting

They're just updates, not completely different games with new stories because if this is the case, SF III 3rd Strike could very well be considered SF4.

Emperor Ashtar
Cuz it was said that the makers of SF said that there really was no on going story and that each game took place in it's own dimension or something like that.

Example...

Street Fighter III = SF2

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact: Giant Attack = Street Fighter:Champion Edition

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future = Street Fighter Turbo: Hyper Fighting

They're just updates, not completely different games with new stories because if this is the case, SF III 3rd Strike could very well be considered SF4.
Ah, crap, I forgot about that. You know capcom saying that means there is no canon right.
Since funiizu quit, not to mention that it makes no sense. Stupid capcom

Remulous
Ah, crap, I forgot about that. You know capcom saying that means there is no canon right.
Since funiizu quit, not to mention that it makes no sense. Stupid capcom Capcom really F**KED up, big time. I guess there is still a story but there is only one canon game that connects it to the other series of SF for each series. I guess.

If there really is no canon, what Ryu is the real Ryu?

Emperor Ashtar
Capcom really F**KED up, big time. I guess there is still a story but there is only one canon game that connects it to the other series of SF for each series. I guess.

If there really is no canon, what Ryu is the real Ryu?
Doesn't mater, canon's dead since funiizu left...

Remulous
So then Ryu does have his MVC powers.

Emperor Ashtar
So then Ryu does have his MVC powers.
MVC powers aren't really that much different from canon powers.

Remulous
They're HUGE!!! The Shinku Hadouken looks like a Kamehameha.

King Nothing
Capcom should be crowned for there reoccurring, idiotic and lazy mistakes.

Emperor Ashtar
They're HUGE!!! The Shinku Hadouken looks like a Kamehameha.

Damage is roughly the same. . .

olympian
Nah. Not really. I've been saying it for the longest. When we compare the 2 it's irrelevant since
1. Iori wasn't around(seriouisly who cares what he did when Iori wasn't around to stop him?) & 2. It hasn't happened in a universe that contains both of them. It's like the only thing you could use to back him up vs. Iori was something that didn't happen. Lame

I dont even need to use the old timeline. Iori doesnt have a grand record winning tourneys and reaching finals, either.

And you want all of them in one place? Fine, you have Maximum Impact for that.

King Nothing
Capcom really F**KED up, big time. I guess there is still a story but there is only one canon game that connects it to the other series of SF for each series. I guess.

If there really is no canon, what Ryu is the real Ryu? I think there is canon, they just didn't feel like explaining it at the time.

There are obvious connections to other games, like. . .

Akuma learning the Kongoukoku Retsuzan at the end of Double Impact then using it in 3rd Strike.

Ryu beating Sagat in SF 1, then Sagat complaining about it in SF 2.

Ryu using the Metsu Shoryuken to beat Sagat in SF 1, then having it as a level 3 Super in Alpha.

Bison being killed in SF 2, and not being present in SF III.

Chun Li and the gang taking out Shadowloo in SF2, then Urien mentioning it in SF III.

Bison's Psycho Drive being destroyed in Alpha, then being weaker in SF 2

And that's just to name a few. Capcom was just lazy IMO, there are obvious connections.

brainchild81
I dont even need to use the old timeline. Iori doesnt have a grand record winning tourneys and reaching finals, either.

And you want all of them in one place? Fine, you have Maximum Impact for that. Iori walks away from them though. You never answered the questions about who went to the finals more or who's gotten farther in KOF. You said you would. What's the holdup? MI is also it's own canon & we don't know enough about it. If it's based on the books like Sado's info suggested all we know is Iori was walking around looking for Kyo & that Ryo got beat the fu*k up by a little girl dressed like a cat. She really kicked his @ss too. I think he's the only one that actually got eliminated in that book.

Sado22
man.....you idiots still at it?
maybe i should have stayed away a little longer laughing

~Sado-sama

brainchild81
laughing Everything's fine now. Oly just couldn't seem to handle that we didn't accept his non-proof as proof. This Ryo/Iori thing will be over as soon as Oly admits how lame Ryo is compared to Iorismile

Remulous
Originally posted by King Nothing
I think there is canon, they just didn't feel like explaining it at the time.

There are obvious connections to other games, like. . .

Akuma learning the Kongoukoku Retsuzan at the end of Double Impact then using it in 3rd Strike.

Ryu beating Sagat in SF 1, then Sagat complaining about it in SF 2.

Ryu using the Metsu Shoryuken to beat Sagat in SF 1, then having it as a level 3 Super in Alpha.

Bison being killed in SF 2, and not being present in SF III.

Chun Li and the gang taking out Shadowloo in SF2, then Urien mentioning it in SF III.

Bison's Psycho Drive being destroyed in Alpha, then being weaker in SF 2

And that's just to name a few. Capcom was just lazy IMO, there are obvious connections. Exactly, how can all these connections mean nothing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.