Darth Krayt v. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORDSIDIOUS01
This fight takes place on Ossus. This is purely a hand to hand and lightsaber fight. Who would win.

Darth Sexy
Krayt did show considerable skills in defeating 4 Imperial Knights at the same time, but we don't know how good they are. Other than that, even if Krayt is the damn leader of the Sith and everyone fears him, he hasn't exactly shown anything THAT impressive to put him on par with Kun.

kamhal
Yeah, i am with kun on this.

darthsith19
I don't know, isn't Krayt's armor lightsaber proof? If so then he could take Kun unless Kun's amulet blasts are able to go through his armor.

xxXAcStylesXxx
"This is purely a hand to hand and lightsaber fight. Who would win."

LORDSIDIOUS01
In a pure hand to hand lightsaber fight, Krayt does stand a chance.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
This fight takes place on Ossus. This is purely a hand to hand and lightsaber fight. Who would win.

I don't know, considering Exar only defeated one Jedi in his lifetime.

Riverollv
I go with Exar on this one

Lightsnake
Is it possible for Exar to beat Krayt in hand to hand? No matter where he grabs or punches, that armor of Krayt's will rip his hand open

Darth_Glentract
Where was it stated that Krayt's armor is lightsaber proof?

Lightsnake
IT's Vonduun Crab armor

Darth_Glentract
Oh, I didn't know that.

darthsith19
Just wondering, Lightsnake, since I know about nothing about that armor, have we ever seen anyone try and punch it before and fail?

Lightsnake
Just at it. The damn think is really barbed, Krayt's like a porcupine practically

darthsith19
Just wondering, cause weren't you the one who was convinced that mace could punch through Bane's Orbalisks just because we don't have proof that the Orbalisks can block punches? So by your own reasoning, couldn't Kun just find a part of the armor that isn't barbed and punch through it?

Lightsnake
Last I checked, Orbalisks aren't barbed on almost every surface. There's a difference between someting flaw, and ramming for fist onto what's really a justting spike of bone

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Last I checked, Orbalisks aren't barbed on almost every surface. There's a difference between someting flaw, and ramming for fist onto what's really a justting spike of bone
But Krayt's armor isn't barbed on every surface, just almost every, but isn't his chest not barbed? So Kun could punch through it, right?

Darth Sexy
LS has a point. If it is really HAND TO HAND Steven Segal style, Kun can't really hit him. In a saber fight I would give it to Kun..

darthsith19
But there's no reason why Kun couldn't just punch through a part of Krayt's armor that isn't barbed, if you go by lightsnake own logic...

Lightsnake
Kun's displayed no such physical strength as to punch through Vonduun Crab armor, which is alive and can and will defend itself

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Kun's displayed no such physical strength as to punch through Vonduun Crab armor, which is alive and can and will defend itself
And Mace has displayed no such physical strength as to punch through Orbalisk armor, which is alive and can and will defend itself. Punching through thin pieces of durasteel doesn't mean he can punch through Orbalisks. When I said that in the other thread, you stated that just because the Orbalisks can block lightsabers doesn't mean they can block fists. I now say the same to you, just because Krayt's armor can block lightsabers doesn't mean it can block fists. Or kicks, and we've seen Kun kick people.

Lightsnake
Mace punched through durasteel.

Kun's physical abilities equate to lifting an old cephalapoid with one hand. Wowee.

And Krayt's armor is actually, y'know, alive and capable of defendig itself wit spikes and barbs. Orbalisks are not

vader11
I would say Exar Kun...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
And Mace has displayed no such physical strength as to punch through Orbalisk armor, which is alive and can and will defend itself. Punching through thin pieces of durasteel doesn't mean he can punch through Orbalisks. When I said that in the other thread, you stated that just because the Orbalisks can block lightsabers doesn't mean they can block fists. I now say the same to you, just because Krayt's armor can block lightsabers doesn't mean it can block fists. Or kicks, and we've seen Kun kick people.

It isn't his physical strength that you really need to worry about with Mace (although, punching through durasteel is nothing to laugh at). It's Shatterpoint. He can break a crystal into dust with the tap of a finger. His full strength would break the Orbalisks and the Bane inside, too.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Can Kun's double balded lightsaber beat Krayt's Jar'Kai style?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Can Kun's double balded lightsaber beat Krayt's Jar'Kai style?

Um clearly considering Exar Kun knew Jar'Kai well, and used it to defeat Vodo the first time.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Um clearly considering Exar Kun knew Jar'Kai well, and used it to defeat Vodo the first time.

Can he win though?

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by jollyjim311
It isn't his physical strength that you really need to worry about with Mace (although, punching through durasteel is nothing to laugh at). It's Shatterpoint. He can break a crystal into dust with the tap of a finger. His full strength would break the Orbalisks and the Bane inside, too.

There's no reason to believe that the orbalisks have any sort of weakness, and seeing as you can't prove such a thing, I think it's safe to assume otherwise, given that they're natural creatures of the darkside.

BTW, I still see nothing supporting Mace having even above average strength, given that most of his feats that would seem to be strength related were achieved through shatterpoint.

jollyjim311
All of that begs for proof. Shatterpoint is mental and physical, and, the orbalisks definately do have a weakspot.

You're so bias, Neb. If Bane could break a crystal into two pieces with a few of his best, force-amplified punches, you'd be spamming about how great he is nonstop (well, more than you already do).

Apollo Cloud
Again, you have no proof. Neither do I, but given that they're not exactly man made materials which would be more susceptible to being fallible, but rather natural creatures of the darkside created through sith alchemy with the sole purpose of offering protection, I'd say it's safe to assume that Mace isn't going to be finding weaknesses in it.

Not really, I actually don't view breaking a fricking crystal too impressive, but what do I know, I'm just 'bias'...

And again, what don't you get about how the feat in no way speaks for Mace's physical strength?

jollyjim311
1) Have you read Shatterpoint?
2)That is my gift. Imagine a Corusca gem: a mineral whose interlocking crystalline structure makes it harder than durasteel. You can strike one with a five-kilo hammer and do no more than dent the hammer's face. Yet the same cystalline structure that gives the Corusca strength also gives it shatterpoints: spots where a precise application of carefully measured force-no more than a gentle tap-will break it into pieces. But to find these shatterpoints, to use them to shape the Corusca gem into beauty and utility, requires years of study, an intimate understanding of crystal structure, and rigorous practice to train the hand in the perfect combination of strength and precision to produce the desired cut. Unless you have a talent like mine. I can see shatterpoints. The sense is not sight, but see is the closest word Basic has for it: it is a perception, a feel of how what I look upon fits into the Force, and how the Force binds it to itself and to everything else. I was six or seven standard years old-well into my training in the Jedi Temple-before I realized that other students, full-grown Jedi Knights, even wise Masters, could sense such connections only with difficulty, and only with concentration and practice. The Force shows me strengths and weaknesses, hidden flaws and unexpected uses. It shows me vectors of stress that squeeze or stretch, torque or shear; it shows me how patterns of these vectors intersect to form the matrix of reality. Put simply: when I look at you through the Force, I can see where you break. I looked at Jango Fett on the sand in the Geonosian arena. A perfect combination of weapons, skills, and the will to use them: an interlocking crystal of killer. The Force hinted a shatterpoint, and I left a headless corpse on the sand. The deadliest man in the galaxy. Now: just dead. Situations have shatterpoints, like gems.

Apollo Cloud
And? All it speaks for is Mace's Shatterpoint, which is more likely than not completely ineffective against orbalisk armour (thus the stance we should take in the debate). It doesn't speak for his physical strength at all, so what really is your point?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
There's no reason to believe that the orbalisks have any sort of weakness, and seeing as you can't prove such a thing, I think it's safe to assume otherwise, given that they're natural creatures of the darkside.

BTW, I still see nothing supporting Mace having even above average strength, given that most of his feats that would seem to be strength related were achieved through shatterpoint.

Can the orbalisks penetrate Krayt's armor?

Utrigita
isn't the orbalisk armor force armor of some kind then it should have no value against the krayt's armor seen how the vong armor has actually stopped a lightsaber (in the very first of the vong books the one with chewbacca dies luke ore mara hits the armor of a vong but the lightsaber doesn't go through.) (been some time since I last read it)

Darth Sexy
Jim is right. Shatterpoint involves the mental and the physical. Since the orbalisks have a weak spot, Mace's shatterpoint will find it. Try again Noobaris.

Apollo Cloud
Lmao, I love how both you and JollyJim make these ridiculous claims about the orbalisks, yet have no proof to back them up.

Darth Sexy
Lmao, I love how both you and JollyJim make these ridiculous claims about the orbalisks, yet have no proof to back them up.

Says the idiot who still can't manage to put one in the Win column, and who constantly argues against facts and logic. Guess what dumbshit, we don't have to have proof. Mace's shatterpoint found Sidious' weakness, that's what it does. To say it won't find Bane's weakness because you verbally fellate the guy makes you look dumber than you already do.

Apollo Cloud
Dude, quit changing the subject, we're discussing each individual orbalisk itself here, not Bane. There's no proof that the orbalisks have a weakness that can be exploited via shatterpoint, and it's outright illogical to assume such a thing. There's also the fact that shatterpoint only shows Mace weaknesses, and does not grant him the ability to capitalise on such weaknesses, though this is off topic anyway...

Darth Sexy
Dude, quit changing the subject, we're discussing each individual orbalisk itself here, not Bane. There's no proof that the orbalisks have a weakness that can be exploited via shatterpoint, and it's outright illogical to assume such a thing. There's also the fact that shatterpoint only shows Mace weaknesses, and does not grant him the ability to capitalise on such weaknesses, though this is off topic anyway...

each individual orbalisk? Are you that stupid? Bane is one human, being covered by orbalisks. As part of shatterpoint, Mace will be able to find the weakness in the orbalisks on Bane. And what is this? Shatterpoint shows Mace weaknesses but don't let him capitalize on them? You have got to be the dumbest human being to ever register for this forum. I guess you forgot the whole part about Mace finding Sidious' weakness and then capitalizing on it? Oh let me guess, Sidious was faking? You are dumb beyond belief, and you lose yet another argument.

Kadesh
Lmao, I love how both you and JollyJim make these ridiculous claims about the orbalisks, yet have no proof to back them up. Says the idiot who he himself makes ridiculous claims about the orbalisks

A Dose Of Vraya
I'd have to give this to Krayt just because of his armor. If it was baseed on pure light saber skill, Kun would win.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, Krayt's likely already a beast in combat, so when you add in that armour, he'd be very powerful. I'd still give it to Kun though, based on what we know, though I can definitely see the Legacy writers having him do some insane shit in the next few issues.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Yeah, Krayt's likely already a beast in combat, so when you add in that armour, he'd be very powerful. I'd still give it to Kun though, based on what we know, though I can definitely see the Legacy writers having him do some insane shit in the next few issues.

I agree

zephiel7
Originally posted by jollyjim311
All of that begs for proof. Shatterpoint is mental and physical, and, the orbalisks definately do have a weakspot.

Proof Jolly?

I would imagine the only shatterpoint would be Bane's face.

Even a gargantuan bird with talons roughly the same size of Bane didn't even leave a mark on the Orbalisk armour. And the enormous force generated by it swooping downwards was said to be enough to "rip another human to shreds."

Gideon
Unfortunately, you're neither Bane nor Mace, so you wouldn't know - unless, of course, you had proof that labeled Bane's face to be his only weak-spot.

Irrelevant. The bird didn't possess Shatterpoint, nor was it Mace Windu.

zephiel7
Excuse me? I wasn't asserting that Bane's face could be his only weak spot. I said, I'd imagine (aka speculate). However I did see an assertion that Mace could break the Orbalisks with punches, and I want definite proof that the armor has shatterpoints like a regular gem.

The only thing I've seen are assumptions based on what Mace could do to a gem. A gem and a piece of armour that can withstand a lightsaber blow or the stress of a gargantuan bird striking it at enormous downward velocities aren't exactly the same.

Right...The impact was said to "tear another victim to shreds", so you'll pardon me if I find it difficult to believe that these things have shatterpoints such that regular punches can exploit them.

Moreover, if these shatterpoints are so easily detectable, why didn't Mace smash Vastor's skull into tiny fragments, like he did the gem? Why didn't each of his punches go through Vastor out of sheer impact? It would lend to the idea that detecting shatterpoints are way harder in a combat scenario as to a relaxed scenario.

Apollo Cloud
Gideon, the onus is on you to proof that the Orbalisks have shatterpoints, not on anyone to prove a negative.

Gideon
I didn't say that the Orbalisks have shatterpoints. I said that Zephiel isn't an authority on it, so he can't say that - assuming they did have them - that Bane's face wasn't the only area vulnerable. I don't have to prove anything.

Secondly, Zephiel, when I say that the "bird didn't have Shatterpoint", what I meant was that it didn't possess the ability to detect Shatterpoints like Mace.

Apollo Cloud
Past arguments and your tone indicated as much, but I can now see otherwise, so my bad. BTW I think Zeph understood what you were saying.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Gideon
I didn't say that the Orbalisks have shatterpoints. I said that Zephiel isn't an authority on it, so he can't say that - assuming they did have them - that Bane's face wasn't the only area vulnerable. I don't have to prove anything.

I didn't claim to be an authority either. I said I would imagine (speculate).

I know what you meant.

For the sake of the argument, let's assume that the Orbalisks do have exploitable shatterpoints. If these shatterpoints existed we don't know whether it would be feasible for Mace to exploit them in a combat situation without getting carved into a turkey. Otherwise Vastor would be a mass of "bones turned to dust," currently.

That is of course, assuming that the Orbalisks do have expoitable or recognizable shatterpoints.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.