Who is going to be the next Captain America?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
In the Wizard there is a list of potentail candiates to take the mantel
Iron Man
Punisher
Taskmaster
U.S Agent
Flacon
Winter Soilder
Hawkeye
Sharon Carter

and copule others

King_Mungi
It's already revealed as Punisher and have released his new character design awhile ago.

the Darkone
I saw it, but he is not going to be the next Captain Amercia. Especaily if Tonk is going to pick the person to replace his legacy.

King_Mungi
Tony is going to pick the new Captain America? Havn't heard that... interesting.

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
It's already revealed as Punisher and have released his new character design awhile ago.

MAX punisher is awesome.

Martian_mind
It'll be Bob,Agent of Hydra.

StarsNeverFall7
Im betting Winter Soldier honestly...just the way #25 planned out...seemed to easily put him into the spotlight..

Validus
Steve Rogers

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Steve Rogers

hmm

capt it up
I doubt it falcon.....I think falcon is ronin.......

Faceman
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7012/28ur1df7.th.jpg

Grimm22
He'll be back in a year and a half

Hell look how long it took for Superman to come back.

Faceman
Originally posted by Grimm22
He'll be back in a year and a half

Hell look how long it took for Superman to come back. Nice sig, Grimm. wink

Newjak
You know what I'm probably going to be laughed at but as long as Hudlin isn't writing him I wouldn't mind Luke Cage being the new Captain America.

Badabing
I refuse to aknowledge anybody but Steve Rogers as Captain America.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Newjak
You know what I'm probably going to be laughed at but as long as Hudlin isn't writing him I wouldn't mind Luke Cage being the new Captain America.

*laughs at Newjak*

pr1983
Originally posted by Badabing
I refuse to aknowledge anybody but Steve Rogers as Captain America.

me neither...

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
*laughs at Newjak*

*joins in with the laughing*

Newjak
I hate you all no expression

Seriously though out of everyone I was thinking of Luke Cage seems to be the right person to carry on the mantle of CA.

That is of course if Steve isn't coming back.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Faceman

I don't know why you posted that. It has already been shown she said that to lure them into a trap. They go to bust him out and it turns out it is another person entirely.

Kinneary
Is this old news or something? I read the Avengers where they found a Captain America double that was set there by Tony to trap the old anti-regs, but is she referring to that one, or the actual Captain?

Redatom65
next captain america is definetly sentry shifty

Faceman
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7012/28ur1df7.th.jpg Does no one read the other books? Straight from the pages of Civil War: The Initiative #1. This book was released the exact same day as Captain America #25, where he supposedly died.

manjaro
i thought paladin was already masquerading as cap

King_Mungi
Does no one read the other books? Straight from the pages of Civil War: The Initiative #1. This book was released the exact same day as Captain America #25, where he supposedly died.

Not quite, in New Avengers just recently it was revealed Ms.Marvel was lying so she could create a trap and capture the New Avengers even creating a fake Captain America body. She was lying and setting Spider-Woman up

Validus
Does no one read the other books? Straight from the pages of Civil War: The Initiative #1. This book was released the exact same day as Captain America #25, where he supposedly died.
lol irony

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Validus
lol irony Indeed.

Bucky's the best guess. Though there's really no one on that list that i'd actually want to see as Cap.

Cept maybe Taskmaster.

Alfheim

Neither would I actually.

Faceman
Originally posted by manjaro
i thought paladin was already masquerading as cap Well he does have the physical attributes, but not the fighting skill. wink

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Though there's really no one on that list that i'd actually want to see as Cap.

Cept maybe Taskmaster.

yes (he won't get the position I'm sure but I'd like to see him as Cap)

marvelprince
Originally posted by manjaro
i thought paladin was already masquerading as cap

He wasn't masquerading as Cap. In H4H he got knocked up and Shang Chi dressed him up as Captain America so SHIELD would take him instead of the real Cap into custody.

Skeets
Bruce Banner.
Fact.

willRules
I think marvel is setting up so it looks like Bucky will be Cap but I bet that's misinformation and it's actually Punisher yes

Has anyone seen the latest cover yet for issue 27? It shows a picture of Winter soldier on the front crouched in front of a flipped over motor bike and the caption said something along the lines of "Nothing is what it seems, not even this cover!" or something to that effect..........

LORDSIDIOUS01
Captain America is no one other than Steve Rogers. I think Marvel is going to have Tony Stark say that him and Steve Rogers set up his death.

willRules
Me yes

Grimm22
God, why couldn't they have killed Hulk instead of Cap sad

Seriously, does anyone actually care about Hulk nowadays?

I swear to god if he actually beats Black Bolt I will never read another Marvel comic again

long pig
I think Capunisher looks fruity.
http://www.newsarama.com/movies/Hellboy/Iron/889new_storyimage3793928_full.jpg

willRules
He looks fat as opposed to muscular. I hope the guy who has been doing the art for Cap recently, draws him better. sad

long pig
Fat and fruity. Capunisher looks like a ripened watermelon he does.

Darth Martin
No one can fill the shoes of being Cap. They should drive on and explore on other characters like T'Challa, Daredevil, and Punisher.

willRules
Originally posted by long pig
Fat and fruity. Capunisher looks like a ripened watermelon he does.

laughing sick

Grimm22
I just know Marvel's going to try to pitch Wolverine as Cap on us

Cap: Are you kidding me?!? You killed me off so you could replace me with this overexposed piece of garbage?!?

Joe Q: Hey, he brings in the cash?!?

Cap: But he's not even American!

Joe Q: Thats what we have retcons for

Cap: Don't tell me, your going to make Spider-Man the new Bucky next

Joe Q: Well...

Cap: Thats it, im going to DC

capt it up
I was wondering this my self.

I think falcon may be ronin so he likly a no go.

It seems like punisher may be capt though I am not sure.

long pig
Well, Cap and Punisher are a lot alike. The difference is Cap does what he thinks is right, and it's normally the right thing to do. Pun does what he thinks is right, but he just so happens to be a homicidal maniac.

Cap and Punisher could EASILY trade places. Seriously, if Cap's actions weren't being approved of, don't you think he'd still do them whether or not other people don't like it? Hell yes he would.

Apolloknight
Did anyone happen to read this on marvel.com, thought it was some pretty good insight of one of the editors.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.942

Intresting to say the least.

Psyquis52
I can see it now. They get a "new" Captain America only this one has claws and shoots little sheilds from his gauntlets and he has a fancy hi-tech helmet and outfit that's more resistant but heavy.
And Captain America will have to recover and go back through training under Elektra to get better and Elektra sends these deadly ninjas to kill Captain so Captain's training is he fights for his life.
Meanwhile the new Az-Cap takes down the man that shot Captain...Crossbones.
Captain America returns to his cave and reclaims his mantle and fights the new Captain America/Azrael and defeats him with some bum move that blinds him. But Captain America doesn't arrest this "Azrael" character. No! He let's him go, blaming himself for allowing it to happen. And everyone lives happily ever after.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Entity
Sentry!

Yea that scared me when I thought of it as a joke too.
Imagine Marvel would become DC..... OH GOD The horror I can continue with it anymore. Its just to horrific.scared

willRules
Originally posted by long pig
Well, Cap and Punisher are a lot alike. The difference is Cap does what he thinks is right, and it's normally the right thing to do. Pun does what he thinks is right, but he just so happens to be a homicidal maniac.

Cap and Punisher could EASILY trade places. Seriously, if Cap's actions weren't being approved of, don't you think he'd still do them whether or not other people don't like it? Hell yes he would.

You've basically just described Civil War from one side yes

roughrider
That news story up above, makes an interesting case for Luke Cage to take the mantle. Why not him? (He'll have to clean up his language, is all... big grin )

And if they want a female, Miss Marvel seems the ideal choice.

Newjak
You know what I'm probably going to be laughed at but as long as Hudlin isn't writing him I wouldn't mind Luke Cage being the new Captain America. Did someone mention Luke Cage as Captain America stick out tongue

[BAW]Endrict
They should make Deadpool as the new Cap....

But really Frank is the best pick.

grey fox
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/5000/4249/4249-37531-1-what-if-_400.jpg

The irony is overwhelming

SpunkySmurph
I can't believe there's even a discussion here...

The next Captain America is OBVIOUSLY going to be Prof. X

Juntai
I'm going to say.... Steve Rogers.

Martian_mind
Jubilee.Seriuosly,what better way to shock everyone then have an asian muty be the next CA.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by grey fox
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/5000/4249/4249-37531-1-what-if-_400.jpg

The irony is overwhelming i wanna read that now laughing

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jubilee.Seriuosly,what better way to shock everyone then have an asian muty be the next CA. Uatu?

lordboo
nick fury?

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Uatu?

How is an omnipotent uglier Hamburgler more shocking then an Asian Miutie?I mean,she'd be hated in both the fictional and real world.

SpunkySmurph
How is an omnipotent uglier Hamburgler more shocking then an Asian Miutie?I mean,she'd be hated in both the fictional and real world. I wouldn't say that, if I were you.

Next thing you know, Korea will be getting rid of the rest of their nukes, by sending them down south... and prepared to detonate.

willRules
I'd like either Sharon Carter or Bucky to be the next Cap, it gives of that kinda legacy vibe thing that the Batman family has, which is cool yes

Martian_mind
Australians are immune to radiation,it's a known scientific fact.We evolved so we could have stronger beer.

Like Canadians have tails.

SpunkySmurph
Australians are immune to radiation,it's a known scientific fact.We evolved so we could have stronger beer.

Like Canadians have tails. Bah. Aussie beer is nothing compared to ours. And we got rid of the tails years ago! mad

King KAM
okay since i am the cap guy around here with the most say so... Ill break it down.

punisher is gonna be the new cap but only for a short period of time, the captain america mantle is going to bucky, then after that when people reject it, Rogers WILL be back. how long till he comes back...i have no idea...but he will be back, within the next 5 years or so... sad

CasanoVa
Punisher isn't going to be Captain America, he's going to dress like Captain America for a little while.

I wouldn't have any problems at all with Bucky being Captain America, other than I would prefer him being his own character rather than being Cap' just to fufill Marvel's need for legacy heroes.

willRules
Who should be Cap? Bucky or Agent 13
Who will be? most likely Punisher judging from the pictures yes

CasanoVa
Yeah.. Agent 13 should be Captain America after she killed him no expression

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Yeah.. Agent 13 should be Captain America after she killed him no expression Believe it or not, I could actually see that reasoning work in the comics.

King KAM
Yeah.. Agent 13 should be Captain America after she killed him no expression thats not proven that she killed captain america yet...but signs are definatley pointing to it.

what i dont get is how in the hell those bullets killed cap...like fury said...hes been shot before...and much worse...the fact that those few rounds put cap down is still making me ponder...

and i say patriot should begin his training as the new cap, but until hes ready be the new bucky for....bucky

willRules
Yeah.. Agent 13 should be Captain America after she killed him no expression

Yes because judging by the last panel it was her who did it and not really Dr Faustus controlling her no expression

CasanoVa
Originally posted by willRules
Yes because judging by the last panel it was her who did it and not really Dr Faustus controlling her no expression

Let's review:

If I was standing there and saw what had occured, would I think, Oh.. it was Dr Faustus mind controlling her in an eloborate plot planned by Red Skull, Crossbones, Sin, Anim Zola and Dr Faustus to destroy Captain America? or would I think.. Shit, that blonde ***** just shot Captain America!... twice! ?

Just because she was mind-controlled doesn't mean she didn't kill him.

willRules
Let's review:

If I was standing there and saw what had occured, would I think, Oh.. it was Dr Faustus mind controlling her in an eloborate plot planned by Red Skull, Crossbones, Sin, Anim Zola and Dr Faustus to destroy Captain America? or would I think.. Shit, that blonde ***** just shot Captain America!... twice! ?

Just because she was mind-controlled doesn't mean she didn't kill him.

So if I hypnotised you into killing someone you'd be prepared to take the fall?

Excellent....................thumbsup

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Punisher isn't going to be Captain America, he's going to dress like Captain America for a little while.

Talking of the punisher did anyone read runaways this month?

CasanoVa
So if I hypnotised you into killing someone you'd be prepared to take the fall?

Excellent....................thumbsup

You really fail.

If a passer-by were to see it, they would automatically jump to the conclusion that she killed him.

how hard is that to understand? that alone would stop her from ever becoming Captain America.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Talking of the punisher did anyone read runaways this month?

You say that like you don't know I did roll eyes (sarcastic)

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
You say that like you don't know I did roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did you? I actually did not know this.

CasanoVa
Did you? I actually did not know this.

Oh my mistake, I presumed you had read one of the several "pull list" threads that are floating about (forgetting that most of them have been closed).

Yes I did, Punisher fired a Grenade Launcher at the Runaways but they managed to get out unharmed, except they bump into him (last page) with his guns out etc.

Not much happened other than they took sanctionary from the Kingpin in New York to hide from Stark etc. but had to rob a building of some articfacts in exchange, Punisher shows up, it all goes ****-up.

Set up with a confrontation between the Punisher and the Runaways and Fisk presumably next issue.

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Oh my mistake, I presumed you had read one of the several "pull list" threads that are floating about (forgetting that most of them have been closed).

Yes I did, Punisher fired a Grenade Launcher at the Runaways but they managed to get out unharmed, except they bump into him (last page) with his guns out etc.

Not much happened other than they took sanctionary from the Kingpin in New York to hide from Stark etc. but had to rob a building of some articfacts in exchange, Punisher shows up, it all goes ****-up.

Set up with a confrontation between the Punisher and the Runaways and Fisk presumably next issue.

And of course that rather large guy with wings "The new angel of Death?" I don' read 616 X men anymore so if someone can confirm this I waould appreciate it!

CasanoVa
And of course that rather large guy with wings "The new angel of Death?" I don' read 616 X men anymore so if someone can confirm this I waould appreciate it!

I didn't mention him because I didn't know who the hell he was, I think he's an original creation actually. Not too sure confused definetly haven't seem him in any X-men book I've read

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
I didn't mention him because I didn't know who the hell he was, I think he's an original creation actually. Not too sure confused definetly haven't seem him in any X-men book I've read

No i didn't recognise him his tech does look very Apocalypse though doesn't it.

CasanoVa
No i didn't recognise him his tech does look very Apocalips though doesn't it.

Despite the fact Whedon's come straight off an X-men book I doubt it very much he would put an x-men villain in the Runaways, especially one that sucks to the extent that Apocalypse does. Wonder who the old lady is?

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Despite the fact Whedon's come straight off an X-men book I doubt it very much he would put an x-men villain in the Runaways, especially one that sucks to the extent that Apocalypse does. Wonder who the old lady is?

One of the trademarks of runaways is taking things which are a bit crap and making them work in my opinion..

CasanoVa
One of the trademarks of runaways is taking things which are a bit crap and making them work in my opinion..

Some examples of that are?

I actually never want Apocalypse to "grace" the pages of Runaways 'cause well what reason would there be? To take Molly? erm

Rick/Genis
Apocalypse would fit into the runaways as much as Sabertooth would fit into Silver Surfer... there's just no reason for it, even if you DO think they're cool characters..

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Apocalypse would fit into the runaways as much as Sabertooth would fit into Silver Surfer... there's just no reason for it, even if you DO think they're cool characters..

Well Doom, Ultron and Superskrulls as well as giant gods who lived under the sea fitted O.K.

I actually never want Apocalypse to "grace" the pages of Runaways 'cause well what reason would there be? To take Molly? erm

Who's saying it's apocalypse it might just be a creation of his that has moved on. It wouldn't be the first time.

grey fox

That would be Hilarious.

In apocs secret pyramid base which somehow hasn't been discovered or attacked by Dubya....

Molly : HI, why did you bring me here ?

Apoc : Because , annoying little mutant child, you kicked Wolverine's ass.

Molly : Your funny *giggles* You have blue lips , why ?

Apock : *quietly* F*ckin annoying little brat

laaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr

Runaways : Man is our series ever more angsty and emo like without our comic relief

Molly : Hi guys !

* Molly is now 18 years old and has the usual comic book female supermodel body coupled with the extreme lack of clothing*

Nico : Holy shit , you look like you stepped out of the 90's !

Karolina : *Drooling*

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by grey fox
That would be Hilarious.

In apocs secret pyramid base which somehow hasn't been discovered or attacked by Dubya....

Molly : HI, why did you bring me here ?

Apoc : Because , annoying little mutant child, you kicked Wolverine's ass.

Molly : Your funny *giggles* You have blue lips , why ?

Apock : *quietly* F*ckin annoying little brat

laaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr

Runaways : Man is our series ever more angsty and emo like without our comic relief

Molly : Hi guys !

* Molly is now 18 years old and has the usual comic book female supermodel body coupled with the extreme lack of clothing*

Nico : Holy shit , you look like you stepped out of the 90's !

Karolina : *Drooling*

On another forum they have a group called the Hype in favour of the abduction, corruption and sodomisation of Molly. I think they went a bit far. erm

willRules
You really fail.

If a passer-by were to see it, they would automatically jump to the conclusion that she killed him.

how hard is that to understand? that alone would stop her from ever becoming Captain America.

Oh so you are basing her justification for her becoming Cap on what people think of her. Well in civil War the majority hated Cap's guts (as shown in Thunderbolts #111) so did that suddenly make him not Captain America anymore?

Plus the fact that someone jumped a conclusion if they saw Sharon shooting Cap doesn't mean she is responsible for his death, it means that they were (you said it yourself) jumping to a conclusion yes

Grimm22
Honestly, I hope there is no new Cap

Seriously, i've finally gotten used to the MU without Cap

Sure I miss him, but he'll be back in a couple years or so.

We don't want Marvel to make another mistake like they did with Hawkeye and give his name to some annoying sidekick who doesn't deserve to wear the title

CasanoVa
Oh so you are basing her justification for her becoming Cap on what people think of her. Well in civil War the majority hated Cap's guts (as shown in Thunderbolts #111) so did that suddenly make him not Captain America anymore?

Plus the fact that someone jumped a conclusion if they saw Sharon shooting Cap doesn't mean she is responsible for his death, it means that they were (you said it yourself) jumping to a conclusion yes

What is this? Really.. what is this? no expression

If you saw somebody shoot someone in the street, you wouldn't hesitate if the police asked you to say it was them who shot them would you? No, 616 citizens are even more ignorant than real people, they saw her shoot him.. whats hard to understand about that?

No, it was portrayed different, nobody "hated Cap's guts" if you saw the poll it was 65%-35% (in Winter Soldier: Winter Kills) and even at the courtroom there were plenty more supporters than "haters".

If i were to run somebody over and 50 people saw me, how would I not be responsible? please tell me this, infront of all those people who all witnessed it, how could i possibly not be responsible?

willRules
What is this? Really.. what is this? no expression

If you saw somebody shoot someone in the street, you wouldn't hesitate if the police asked you to say it was them who shot them would you? No, 616 citizens are even more ignorant than real people, they saw her shoot him.. whats hard to understand about that?

So you're saying that because people see Sharon shoot Cap, even though we know it wasn't her fault as she was being "controlled" by Faustus, we should just blame her anyway because people saw it that way? It's the equivalent of of blaming the knife in a stabbing or the bomb in an explosion, not the person holding the knife of the one who set off the bomb.Regardless of what people saw or thought doesn't suddenly mean Sharon's to blame. If I saw you stood over a dead man with gun in your hand of course I'd blame you, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'd be correct in blaming you roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, it was portrayed different, nobody "hated Cap's guts" if you saw the poll it was 65%-35% (in Winter Soldier: Winter Kills) and even at the courtroom there were plenty more supporters than "haters".

Civil War issue #2 Cap portrayed as an outlaw and a fugitive.
Civil War #3 Cap has already gone underground from Cape killers with his Secret Avengers
Civil War issue #6 cap authorises the breaking and entering of the Baxter building, the home of one of the most loved groups of family superheroes in 616.
Civil War issue #7 Various members of the public prevent cap from attacking stark because they don't support Cap anymore.

This is just some of the examples from the main storyline, not including the tie in issues where he is portrayed as a wanted criminal yes

If i were to run somebody over and 50 people saw me, how would I not be responsible? please tell me this, in front of all those people who all witnessed it, how could i possibly not be responsible?

I don't know perhaps if you were mind controlled/ hypnotized/ brainwashed into doing it and therefore you weren't responsible for your actions but your "controller" was, just possibly like what happened to Sharon Carter. yes roll eyes (sarcastic)

CasanoVa
So you're saying that because people see Sharon shoot Cap, even though we know it wasn't her fault as she was being "controlled" by Faustus, we should just blame her anyway because people saw it that way? It's the equivalent of of blaming the knife in a stabbing or the bomb in an explosion, not the person holding the knife of the one who set off the bomb.Regardless of what people saw or thought doesn't suddenly mean Sharon's to blame. If I saw you stood over a dead man with gun in your hand of course I'd blame you, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'd be correct tin blaming roll eyes (sarcastic)

Civil War issue #2 Cap portrayed as an outlaw and a fugitive.
Civil War #3 Cap has already gone underground from Cape killers with his Secret Avengers
Civil War issue #6 cap authorises the breaking and entering of the Baxter building, the home of one of the most loved groups of family superheroes in 616.
Civil War issue #7 Various members of the public prevent cap from attacking stark because they don't support Cap anymore.

This is just some of the examples from the main storyline, not including the tie in issues where he is portrayed as a wanted criminal yes

I don't know perhaps if you were mind controlled/ hypnotized/ brainwashed into doing it and therefore you weren't responsible for your actions but your "controller" was, just possibly like what happened to Sharon Carter. yes roll eyes (sarcastic)

I never once said he wasn't a criminal, you said he was "hated" but that's still an over-exaggeration on your part IMO. He wasn't hated at all, even members of the Pro-reg side even saw him as their friends despite all of the things that happened during the "war".

You're reading waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into this as a comic book reader Will, see it as a normal citizen of the 616 universe, you see Sharon Carter shooting Captain America twice.. its totally different, if they had seen her standing over Captain America with her gun drawn and him shot maybe I could understand (we're over-looking the fact that nobody properly saw her except the evil dude for the sake of the argument).

But lookey here, I'm standing in the crowd outside the courtroom waiting for Captain America to come in, he starts walking in to enter and then suddenly he gets hit in the shoulder from a sniper bullet. He starts to stumble, Sharon Carter rushes over to him and shoots him twice in the stomach.

Now from how I see that, she was the murderer, lets pretend this had happened in real life shall we? What proof is there that she had been mind-controlled? There's none, we only see Carter shooting him in the stomach and she can't exactly give any evidence that she's been mind controlled.

If this were in a court of law and I were to say "oh I've been mind-controlled" do you think it would stand up? No, it wouldn't in the 616 universe either without proper evidence (like in say the Wolverine storyline where he's locked in "The Cage"wink.

I'm not asking you this from a comic book reader, with all the knowledge of what Red Skull had been up to, but as a 616 citizen who witnessed Sharon Carter shooting Captain America twice.

EDIT- I'm not arguing against that she isn't to blame, because I know she isn't, all I'm saying if they looked over CCTV tapes or whatever and see what happens, very clear it will be her that murdered him and there will be no proof otherwise or that she had been mind-controlled -EDIT.

willRules
I never once said he wasn't a criminal, you said he was "hated" but that's still an over-exaggeration on your part IMO. He wasn't hated at all, even members of the Pro-reg side even saw him as their friends despite all of the things that happened during the "war".

You're reading waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into this as a comic book reader Will, see it as a normal citizen of the 616 universe, you see Sharon Carter shooting Captain America twice.. its totally different, if they had seen her standing over Captain America with her gun drawn and him shot maybe I could understand (we're over-looking the fact that nobody properly saw her except the evil dude for the sake of the argument).

But lookey here, I'm standing in the crowd outside the courtroom waiting for Captain America to come in, he starts walking in to enter and then suddenly he gets hit in the shoulder from a sniper bullet. He starts to stumble, Sharon Carter rushes over to him and shoots him twice in the stomach.

Now from how I see that, she was the murderer, lets pretend this had happened in real life shall we? What proof is there that she had been mind-controlled? There's none, we only see Carter shooting him in the stomach and she can't exactly give any evidence that she's been mind controlled.

If this were in a court of law and I were to say "oh I've been mind-controlled" do you think it would stand up? No, it wouldn't in the 616 universe either without proper evidence (like in say the Wolverine storyline where he's locked in "The Cage"wink.

I'm not asking you this from a comic book reader, with all the knowledge of what Red Skull had been up to, but as a 616 citizen who witnessed Sharon Carter shooting Captain America twice.

EDIT- I'm not arguing against that she isn't to blame, because I know she isn't, all I'm saying if they looked over CCTV tapes or whatever and see what happens, very clear it will be her that murdered him and there will be no proof otherwise or that she had been mind-controlled -EDIT.

I'm not saying she wouldn't be blamed I'm merely saying she shouldn't be blamed. As a reader with the knowledge of the villains plans of course I know it not to Sharon's fault and without that knowledge of course I would blame her, but if the sky was green I'd refer to a green sky, but it's not it's blue.

Likewise if Sharon was to blame, then I' blame her, but she's not so I won't. I'm not reading into this to much as I am looking at it as a reader, not a citizen of the MU roll eyes (sarcastic)

If I was a citizen of the 616 universe I would blame her, but I'm not I am a comic book reader who knows that Dr Faustus probably was responsible and therefore Sharon isn't to blame.

Plus just because there is a lack of evidence doesn't mean it's untrue, obviously. There is no point arguing ifs and buts if we know what the real outcome is, regardless of how we can prove it or not. yes

CasanoVa
I'm not saying she wouldn't be blamed I'm merely saying she shouldn't be blamed. As a reader with the knowledge of the villains plans of course I know it not to Sharon's fault and without that knowledge of course I would blame her, but if the sky was green I'd refer to a green sky, but it's not it's blue.

Likewise if Sharon was to blame, then I' blame her, but she's not so I won't. I'm not reading into this to much as I am looking at it as a reader, not a citizen of the MU roll eyes (sarcastic)

If I was a citizen of the 616 universe I would blame her, but I'm not I am a comic book reader who knows that Dr Faustus probably was responsible and therefore Sharon isn't to blame.

Plus just because there is a lack of evidence doesn't mean it's untrue, obviously. There is no point arguing ifs and buts if we know what the real outcome is, regardless of how we can prove it or not. yes

Yes, but you argued for Sharon to be Captain America despite the fact that to the citizens of the MU (if they ever find out, which they should because when such things happen for eg JFK's assanation, there's no shortage of footage etc.) she was the one that killed him.

She won't ever be Captain America, nor should she be to be honest. Michael Pointer became Guardian despite the fact he killed her, maybe.. and it's the exact same thing, but Agent 13 just doesn't deserve it (when there are people like Fury, Hawkeye, Bucky floating about).

Does it matter what is true and untrue? No, it's about what you can and cannot prove.

Either way, there's no way in Hell she will ever become Captain America. Really.

Symmetric Chaos
In two months the new Cap will reveal that he is Ronin trying to keep the name alive.

One month after that Ronin will be revealed to be SteveRogers.

CasanoVa
In two months the new Cap will reveal that he is Ronin trying to keep the name alive.

One month after that Ronin will be revealed to be SteveRogers.

Too early, it's be longer then that I reckon.

lordboo
Too early, it's be longer then that I reckon.
apperntly marvel say they have 1 years worth of material without cap?

willRules
Yes, but you argued for Sharon to be Captain America despite the fact that to the citizens of the MU (if they ever find out, which they should because when such things happen for eg JFK's assanation, there's no shortage of footage etc.) she was the one that killed him.

She won't ever be Captain America, nor should she be to be honest. Michael Pointer became Guardian despite the fact he killed her, maybe.. and it's the exact same thing, but Agent 13 just doesn't deserve it (when there are people like Fury, Hawkeye, Bucky floating about).

I agree that she won't be but I personally think she could be an interesting Cap at least until Rogers gets resurrected a couple of years down the line yes That's why I said this.............

Who should be Cap? Bucky or Agent 13
Who will be? most likely Punisher judging from the pictures yes

Does it matter what is true and untrue? No, it's about what you can and cannot prove.

I couldn't disagree with this statement more even if I tried really hard to do so. yes

Either way, there's no way in Hell she will ever become Captain America. Really.

Agreed. yes

CasanoVa
I agree that she won't be but I personally think she could be an interesting Cap at least until Rogers gets resurrected a couple of years down the line yes That's why I said this.............

I couldn't disagree with this statement more even if I tried really hard to do so. yes

Agreed. yes

Well that was a nice little discussion Mr.Russell, same time next week? wink

SpunkySmurph
Well, after reading all of that, my only conclusion is that the "yes" smilie should be shot, and erased from history. no expression

CasanoVa
Well, after reading all of that, my only conclusion is that the "yes" smilie should be shot, and erased from history. no expression

That was all Will, not once did I use it cool

willRules
Well that was a nice little discussion Mr.Russell, same time next week? wink

I hope I didn't sound too rude but to each his own I suppose embarrasment

And yes Smilies should be shot yes

Darn it I just put a smilie in then didn't I? mad

I did it again eek! and again eek!

I can't stop.............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH fear

Fanboy
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/24.jpg This guy was supposed to do it.

CasanoVa
You know, I love it when people repost my scans erm.

MVP, yeah he rocks.

Disappear
in the latest joe fridays, there's an image of shatterstar holding cap's shield and in a toned down red, white and blue motif. and, of course, it's drawn by liefeld.

heaven help us.

also, guardian was mac's codename at the time the collective killed everybody, not heather's.

LORDSIDIOUS01
alien Does anybody thing that Steve Rogers is still alive?

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Disappear
in the latest joe fridays, there's an image of shatterstar holding cap's shield and in a toned down red, white and blue motif. and, of course, it's drawn by liefeld.

heaven help us.

also, guardian was mac's codename at the time the collective killed everybody, not heather's.

That's Killraven, a new series drawn by Liefeld & Written by Kirkman. It won't last long, Kirkman = Awesome! Liefeld = reaaaaally craptacular and only got on the book because he's personal friends with Kirkman.

marvelprince
Kirkman is amazing. Ant-Man is a great read so I'll def give Killraven a shot. Buy it! rock

jasonk3
This guy is going to be the new cap

http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelinjuly20072007041tc2.jpg

jasonk3

willRules
Originally posted by jasonk3
This guy is going to be the new cap

http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelinjuly20072007041tc2.jpg

That's Punisher yes I think he is still the most likely candidate to be the next Cap unless Marvel is feeding us a load of misinformation yes

willRules
Wow with Fallen son death of Captain America coming up, could Hawkeye be the next Cap?

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=111129

marvelprince
Actually in the preview pages for that issue it shows someone in a tube being monitered by Tony Stark and later someone in what looks like a Cap uniform is shown going after Patriot and female Hawkeye.

Pretty sure Hawkeye (Clint) will turn out to be Ronin (especially after taking a look at the preview pages for 30)

willRules
Yeah that's on the full story review. The general consensus on the newsarama forums is that either Hawkeye or Josiah x will become the next Cap (Although some think it might be a cap clone!!!)

So the next obvious question is, if Hawkeye's Cap, who is Ronin?

capt it up
Yeah that's on the full story review. The general consensus on the newsarama forums is that either Hawkeye or Josiah x will become the next Cap (Although some think it might be a cap clone!!!)

So the next obvious question is, if Hawkeye's Cap, who is Ronin?
Falcon thats my guess due to a few thing. He would say yo. He friends with Luke cage. He does not know either wolverine or spiderman that well nor has he seen them fight togather.

Martian_mind
Jubilee will be the next Cap.

Seriously,who would see that one coming.

Soljer
Jubilee will be the next Cap.

Seriously,who would see that one coming.

You, apparently.

And if an Australian can figure it out...

marvelprince
Originally posted by capt it up
Falcon thats my guess due to a few thing. He would say yo. He friends with Luke cage. He does not know either wolverine or spiderman that well nor has he seen them fight togather.

Falcon would say Yo, but the other banter seems out of character for Sam imo.

Alfheim
I wonder if is Frank gonna get the SS?

marvelprince
Originally posted by Alfheim
I wonder if is Frank gonna get the SS?

You mean the Super Soldier Serum?

CasanoVa
Originally posted by marvelprince
You mean the Super Soldier Serum?

No.

The Schutzstaffel, personal guard to Hitler.

Frank hates criminals, he doesn't mind war criminals though, he thinks they got a bad rap roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alfheim
No.

Frank hates criminals, he doesn't mind war criminals though, he thinks they got a bad rap roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually thats quite funny, im slightly pissing my self. hysterical

marvelprince
No.

Guess he sympathesizes cause he was in Nam erm

fredstawill
punisher but apparently sentry it will ruin the punisher so i rekon sentry will treplace him but steve will come backl

fredstawill
punisher

Blind
It'll be Bob,Agent of Hydra.

Best post I've read all day.

Juntai
I'm still going with Rogers to be the next CA.

SpunkySmurph
And I'm still rooting for Uatu.

Symmetric Chaos
And I'm still rooting for Uatu.

What an illustrious career.

Starts as a Watcher.
Becomes CaptainAmerica.
Gets knocked over by Hulk.

kenobi
I think the new Capt. America should be Bucky. With his training plus a dose of the super soldier serum and he would rock. His character would come full circle

SpunkySmurph
What an illustrious career.

Starts as a Watcher.
Becomes CaptainAmerica.
Gets knocked up by Hulk.

hmm I'd have to agree.

Soljer
hmm I'd have to agree.

Imagine the child....

capt it up
Falcon would say Yo, but the other banter seems out of character for Sam imo.
not really if you check out capt and falcon series. Falcon say the type of shit all the time plus he dam good h2h fighter

marvelprince
not really if you check out capt and falcon series. Falcon say the type of shit all the time plus he dam good h2h fighter

I've read Cap and the Falcon. I used to be into Falcon based on his Avengers appearances. Thing is he does joke, but not nearly as much as Ronin has. The "yo" does fit, but the other stuff doesn't quite fit imo.

Plus he's been mentioned as an important character in Cap's series so I doubt we'll see him anywhere else for right now.

capt it up
I've read Cap and the Falcon. I used to be into Falcon based on his Avengers appearances. Thing is he does joke, but not nearly as much as Ronin has. The "yo" does fit, but the other stuff doesn't quite fit imo.

Plus he's been mentioned as an important character in Cap's series so I doubt we'll see him anywhere else for right now.
he onyl said two lines lol...........he was like do they always talk this much.........which he would say. I can't think of one line he would not say.

CasanoVa
Any bets on whether Captain America (ongoing) will sell better than it did prior the his death? or whether people won't pick it up because, well he's not even in the book, what's the point?

I sure as hell am going to be picking it up, I need to get my Winter Soldier fix somewhere.

marvelprince
he onyl said two lines lol...........he was like do they always talk this much.........which he would say. I can't think of one line he would not say.

To Cage:
"Do they talk this much during a fight"

To Dr Strange:
"What are you doing exactly? You should try hitting. Hitting is fun."

And then in the talk with Silver Samurai regarding Echo.

-"Who's she?"
-"She's Ronin"
-"That little woman is the scourge of the Japanese underworld?"
-"Yup"
-"Then who are you?!"
-"Hey. How are ya?"

Wow I've read that book waay too much times. Anyway my point is that Sam jokes, but nearly everything that has come out of Ronin's mouth has been a joke or smartass remark. Rings more of Clint to me.

Also notice the persons that he's talking too in those instances. Luke Cage who's resistance movement he was apart of in the HoM, plus Dr Strange, the first person he went to see after he was brought back the last time. Coincidence? Probably laughing out loud

capt it up
To Cage:
"Do they talk this much during a fight"

To Dr Strange:
"What are you doing exactly? You should try hitting. Hitting is fun."

And then in the talk with Silver Samurai regarding Echo.

-"Who's she?"
-"She's Ronin"
-"That little woman is the scourge of the Japanese underworld?"
-"Yup"
-"Then who are you?!"
-"Hey. How are ya?"

Wow I've read that book waay too much times. Anyway my point is that Sam jokes, but nearly everything that has come out of Ronin's mouth has been a joke or smartass remark. Rings more of Clint to me.

Also notice the persons that he's talking too in those instances. Luke Cage who's resistance movement he was apart of in the HoM, plus Dr Strange, the first person he went to see after he was brought back the last time. Coincidence? Probably laughing out loud
sam a smart ass to and he more likly to be ronin level of skill. clint not known for his h2h prowess

CasanoVa
Hawkeye = Smartass.
Sam Wilson = Smartass? No.

"Ronin level of skill", please explain to me what you mean by that? Because we don't know who the hell is behind the mask, but whoever it is has little to no feats (as Ronin).

Captain America>>Hawkeye>Falcon IMO (in H2H skills).

Soljer
Hawkeye = Smartass.

"Ronin level of skill", please explain to me what you mean by that? Because we don't know who the hell is behind the mask, but whoever it is has little to no feats (as Ronin).

Cosigned.

CasanoVa

capt it up
Hawkeye = Smartass.

not even close. hawlk never shows any were near the level of h2h prowess as falcon. Not to mention falcon use to survive as a hero purely do to his hand two hand prowess

falcon is so underrated on the boards and he spank hawlk eye in h2h combat

marvelprince
not even close. hawlk never shows any were near the level of h2h prowess as falcon. Not to mention falcon use to survive as a hero purely do to his hand two hand prowess

falcon is so underrated on the boards and he spank hawlk eye in h2h combat

I don't know about "spank" but Sam is not a slouch in the h2h area. However Clint does have more h2h feats and based on Clint's training in Avengers I'd wager he's pretty good.

On and thanks for posting the Newsarama code Nova. I had heard bout it but had not seen it before.

capt it up
I don't know about "spank" but Sam is not a slouch in the h2h area. However Clint does have more h2h feats and based on Clint's training in Avengers I'd wager he's pretty good.

On and thanks for posting the Newsarama code Nova. I had heard bout it but had not seen it before.
ya not spank, but still he better.

though clint may have more feats due to being in far more comics.

felcon is the more skilled he spent a good aprt of his career relying on simply h2h skill. The once he got his wings he still relied on h2h skill in the air. Clint on the other ahnd relies on his bow though he been trianed in h2h he not sam equal nor does he have sam training. Though if it was a sword fight clint would win.

marvelprince
ya not spank, but still he better.

though clint may have more feats due to being in far more comics.

felcon is the more skilled he spent a good aprt of his career relying on simply h2h skill. The once he got his wings he still relied on h2h skill in the air. Clint on the other ahnd relies on his bow though he been trianed in h2h he not sam equal nor does he have sam training. Though if it was a sword fight clint would win.

Even when Sam was on the Avengers we saw him used mostly for recon. Not much in the way of skills shown. Sam should have some pretty good feats considering that he's basically just a MA that can fly, yet Hawkeye who uses his skills secondarily has much more MA feats than he does. And the ones that Clint has are way more impressive imo.

willRules
I reckon Punisher or Winter Soldier yes Although at one point I knida hoped it would be Hawkeye yes

CasanoVa
I reckon Punisher or Winter Soldier yes Although at one point I knida hoped it would be Hawkeye yes

Neither.

Punisher is wearing it as a "Homage"

Brubaker already said that Winter Soldier wouldn't start becoming Captain America, but he wouldn't take anybody else claiming the mantle nicely either.

Soljer
So who the hell is it? When does the Death of Captain America: Captain America issue come out?

Badabing
I heard Punisher first them maybe Bucky or a girl. messed

willRules
Yeah Agent 13 as Cap would rock yes

CasanoVa
No it wouldn't no expression

It would suck.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>