Do you think it's right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vandergirl
Details to help you determine if it's right:

1. I work in a hotel where the mangers wife also works and has almost her entire family working there also.

2. The family member that works at the front desk with me has worked 3 days a week for the past year.

3. He just finished is training in school. (he's like 45 or something)

4. Because of is internship being 2nd shift he says he going to talk to the manager......(his brother in-law) about going to full-time 40 per week
and take my hours (8am -4pm)

5. I am pissed because I had to work to get that 8-4 shift and now i just got back into school and can't do any other shift because I schedule school around work.

Because he is family he's probably going to get my hours, which means I will be without a job.

Is this Fair?

Soleran
Originally posted by vandergirl

1. I work in a hotel where the mangers wife also works and has almost her entire family working there also.

2. The family member that works at the front desk with me has worked 3 days a week for the past year.

4. Because of is internship being 2nd shift he says he going to talk to the manager......(his brother in-law) about going to full-time 40 per week

5. I am pissed because I had to work to get that 8-4 shift and now i just got back into school and can't do any other shift because I schedule school around work.

Because he is family he's probably going to get my hours, which means I will be without a job.

Is this Fair?

No it isn't fair.

The bigger lesson here, life isn't fair, when you see things go awry develop a backup plan.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Soleran
life isn't fair

chithappens
One example of how capitalism has so many loopholes.

Shakyamunison

Is this Fair?

It is not fair, but life is not fair.

H. S. 6
No, it isn't fair, but you really can't do anything to prevent it, aside from talking to your boss about it.

If you're uncomfortable doing that, I would hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Perhaps you'd be able to find another job that could work with your school hours?

Rogue Jedi

Is this Fair?
i also work in the lodging industry. let me ask you this.....how much experience do you have compared to him? how long have you been working for that particular hoitel?

chillmeistergen
There's a lot worst injustices in the world than this, no it's not particularly 'fair' but so what? You could be in a lot worst situation, there's people in the world who wouldn't get your annum wage if they worked 20 years.

Lord Urizen
Life is not fair or unfair....those terms do not apply to life. It is people who are unfair, not life.

vandergirl
I did talk to the boss yesturday and he says it's all a joke, so laugh it off! I told him that it is pretty imature of the guy and the boss to be in on a joke like that regarding someone's job.

Seems to me he's covering some serious ass. However I am getting a new job and when I do I won't be giving him notice.

I am going to walk in and say it's been fun working here! "just joking laugh it off, hahaha" I quit!

Ignite
thats what families are for , and no its not fair , but as its been said b4 life isn't fair , y dont u just quit.

vandergirl
from ignite: thats what families are for , and no its not fair , but as its been said b4 life isn't fair , y dont u just quit.

Read the post above yours

Ignite
whoops, good for u thou

Lana
Yeah, it's not fair, but as everyone else said - so is pretty much nothing in life.

Quitting without notice will hurt you a LOT more than it will hurt them, though, most likely.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is not fair, but life is not fair. Life is very fair. I have just the same chance of being ****ed over than you do. To me, that's pretty fair.

HellasBloke

Is this Fair?

I wouldn't say that is fair at all. For all you know though he might not get that position. And for all it's worth do you really want to be with a company that would drop you in a heart beat like that?

Tangible God
It's not fair, Life isn't fair, so go make it fair, and if you can't, suck it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.