Surfer's Test

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ethereal
A gauntlet more or less. (* Doing this for upgraded Surfer, but we haven't seen much.)

No rest periods between matches before Godlike Cable, after Godlike Cable Surfer is bloodlusted though, yet with each difficult match the periods become significantly shorter,

he faces one set at a time for these matches:

Pineapple Thing and Current Hulk
Gladiator (Normally Confident)
GL Kyle
Godlike Cable
Blackbolt
Stardust
Superman and Aquaman
Quasar and Drax
Sentry
Bloodlusted Orion
Firelord and Terrax
Bloodlusted Beta Ray Bill and Thor

guy222
Originally posted by Ethereal
A gauntlet more or less. (* Doing this for upgraded Surfer, but we haven't seen much.)

No rest periods between matches before Godlike Cable, after Godlike Cable Surfer is bloodlusted though, yet with each difficult match the periods become significantly shorter,

GL Kyle
Godlike Cable
Blackbolt
Stardust
Superman and Aquaman
Quasar and Drax
Sentry
Bloodlusted Orion
Firelord and Terrax

I admire ur Celestial thread smile SS vs Hulk is a classic

Martian_mind
That list is a tad out of wack...

but he hits real trouble at three.

Galan007
Gets to Kyle.

(and no, I'm not assuming this is Kyle as Ion)

UniOmni
Gets to Sentry.

Kyle vs Surfer is good, but Surfer gets my nod.

Drax isn't anything great in his current form.

Superman vs Surfer is always nice, but Drippy doesn't add anything of significance here.

Soljer
Originally posted by Ethereal

GL Kyle
Godlike Cable
Blackbolt
Stardust
Superman and Aquaman
Quasar and Drax
Sentry
Bloodlusted Orion
Firelord and Terrax

We haven't seem his upgrade yet, but the 'classic' Surfer can take:

Godlike Cable
Blackbolt
Stardust
Quasar and Drax
Sentry
Bloodlusted Orion
Firelord and Terrax

He stalemates or takes a slight majority against Kyle.

He can probably draw (5/10) Superman and Aquaman.

He could take a healthy majority from either Beta Ray OR Thor, but probably not both simultaneously.

dvampire
He stops at Kyle.

Ethereal
I forgot to clarify old dumb drax w/o PG

I'm surprised this got any replies.

and kyle is that good? Maybe I should move him lower below or around Stardust then. He was the least I knew about.

tkitna
I think he stops at Quasar/Drax.

UniOmni
No, he's not that competent consistently.

He's more like Spiderman than Daredevil.

He'd definitely win the second round, but likely lose the first, and somewhat badly.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by UniOmni
No, he's not that competent consistently.

He's more like Spiderman than Daredevil.

He'd definitely win the second round, but likely lose the first, and somewhat badly. You think he would lose badly to Pineapple Thing and Hulk? What the f**k?

Bouboumaster
Could clears it. Classic Surfer is a little bit above Kyle. Actual Surfer pwns him.

Thor and BRB are the real challenge. 5/10 to both.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You think he would lose badly to Pineapple Thing and Hulk? What the f**k?

He's talking about the Surfer vs. Kyle, I think.

Also, I didn't really get the spiderman/daredevil comment.

Eh.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
He's talking about the Surfer vs. Kyle, I think.

Also, I didn't really get the spiderman/daredevil comment.

Eh. Spiderman's level is inconsistent. He's great against your Firelords, but has trouble with your Shockers.

Daredevil is much more consistent. Your Bullseyes will get about a 2-3/10, and your Hulks will get a 10/10

I think thats what he meant.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Spiderman's level is inconsistent. He's great against your Firelords, but has trouble with your Shockers.

Daredevil is much more consistent. Your Bullseyes will get about a 2-3/10, and your Hulks will get a 10/10

I think thats what he meant.

Oh. Got it.

dvampire
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Could clears it. Classic Surfer is a little bit above Kyle. Actual Surfer pwns him.

Thor and BRB are the real challenge. 5/10 to both.

Kyle has done things better than Classic Surfer and has fought much tuffer villians. He'll take a majority over Surfer.

Validus
If Omni meant what I think he meant, he has a point about Kyle. Rayner has a tendency to take new opponents lightly so he gets owned at first but then the 2nd time around, once he knows not to piss around, he clowns them in 3 pages. You can see that in Ion #12. Grayven shows up, Kyle makes some funny quips, Grayven gets some nice shots in, Kyle gets serious, Grayven gets his mind fried.

UniOmni
^^LOL at Dvampire

Bentley
The order is messed up, he cannot beat Thor and Bill together.

Symmetric Chaos
Strange order but I'd say he stops at 3

Bentley
If Surfer's upgrade is true he should at least 6/10 Kyle.

Acrosurge
Pineapple Thing and Current Hulk - Thing is a nonfactor. Hulk and Surfer have both had upgrades. Classic Surfer could take him before and can still take him now.

Gladiator (Normally Confident) - Surfer takes advantage of Kallark's radiation weakness FTW. Easy fight.

GL Kyle - Classic Surfer would take a majority from GL Kyle. Upgrade Surfer takes even more.

Godlike Cable - Interesting, assuming Cable no longer has to levitate Providence. This battle is longer than the one from Deadpool/Cable, but Surfer still takes it.

Blackbolt - Blackbolt's only chance to survive here is his voice and nothing short of a full scream will cause enough electron-cascade to slow Surfer down. Surfer can take it.

Stardust - Surfer can overpower Stardust, but not kill him, since Stardust can regenerate from atomic dispersion. At worst, a stalemate for Surfer.

Superman and Aquaman - Aquaman is impressive, but not on Surfer's level. Superman could stop Surfer here, but probably not a bloodlusted Surfer.

Quasar and Drax - These two have a chance to stop the Skyrider.

Sentry - I don't see Sentry stopping a bloodlusted, upgraded Surfer. We still need to see more of Sentry against the upper tier cosmic heroes and villains.

Bloodlusted Orion - The greatest fight here. I saw these two as peers before. Surfer's upgrade +bloodlusted state suggests he'd take the battle. We'll know more after Surfer's power is tested by Tenebrous and Aegis.

Firelord and Terrax - Surfer could fall here, but I see him taking a slim majority.

Bloodlusted Beta Ray Bill and Thor - This would be an excellent battle to test the new Surfer, at the expense of a portion of the galaxy. Odin's sons take it after a very destructive battle.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Classic Surfer is a little bit above Kyle. Actual Surfer pwns him. no expression

A.) You either don't know much about Kyle.

Or,

B.) You just like Marvel characters more then DC characters.

Because, Surfer would in no way "pwn" Kyle. erm

Bentley
Kyle had an upgrade of sorts himself, right?

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
Kyle had an upgrade of sorts himself, right? Well he was upgraded to Ion. confused

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Galan007
no expression

A.) You either don't know much about Kyle.

Or,

B.) You just like Marvel characters more then DC characters.

Because, Surfer would in no way "pwn" Kyle. erm I've read both, though I prefer the Surfer. I've also been through "Respect" threads to read up on top showings for both.

This isn't Ion Kyle. GL Kyle had some great feats, but also some great defeats. Surfer had both also, but more consistent physical stats. My opinion is that Classic Surfer takes a majority from Kyle, so then Upgraded Surfer must take a greater majority.

It's okay to disagree with my opinion.

Galan007
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I've read both, though I prefer the Surfer. I've also been through "Respect" threads to read up on top showings for both.

This isn't Ion Kyle. GL Kyle had some great feats, but also some great defeats. Surfer had both also, but more consistent physical stats. My opinion is that Classic Surfer takes a majority from Kyle, so then Upgraded Surfer must take a greater majority.

It's okay to disagree with my opinion. If that's your opinion, then cool.

I just wanted to make it clear, that baring PIS/CIS, Surfer wouldn't be "pwning" Kyle.

Kyle is much more powerful then most think.

Bentley
Non Ion Kyle won't be taking the mayority against an upgraded Surfer, maybe against classic, not against a boosted one.

Acrosurge
Kyle is much more powerful then most think. Absolutely. I can't wait until he starts showing off some real feats. I'm liking his current Ion run much better than the last one.

Story > Nigh-Omnipotent Superheroes. Story + Nigh-Omnipotent Superheroes = Great.

Edit: I hear good stuff is coming Kyle's way in Countdown.

Galan007
Non Ion Kyle won't be taking the mayority against an upgraded Surfer, maybe against classic, not against a boosted one. I don't think Ion was meant to be used period. confused

Again, a statement was made that Surfer would "pwn" Kyle.

This is simply not true.

Galan007
Absolutely. I can't wait until he starts showing off some real feats. I'm liking his current Ion run much better than the last one.

Story > Nigh-Omnipotent Superheroes. Story + Nigh-Omnipotent Superheroes = Great. thumb up

Ethereal
I dont think the list is out of order, it's not really meant to go from lowest to highest actually. the first few matches are meant to test a fresh Surfer endurance wise.

Also, I have a gut feeling Surer's new level, if shown...will probably show him hanging with/or stalemating either Aegis or Tenebrous. One of the two, not both. If so, that power increase would make him able clear this gauntlet. Just a gut feeling.

Plus I believe Sentry to be very powerful myself. Despite the low panel showings.

Bentley
Ok, you mean Surfer beating all incarnations of Kyle, yeah, thats as false as a three dollar bill, thanks for clearing that up.

Acrosurge
thumb up Goldern eyesight. I just saw that your original reply to Bouboumaster wasn't directed at me. My defense was totally unnecessary. *sigh*

Thanks for the grace, Galan007.

thumb up

Galan007
Goldern eyesight. I just saw that your original reply to Bouboumaster wasn't directed at me. My defense was totally unnecessary. *sigh*

Thanks for the grace, Galan007.

thumb up laughing out loud

Yeah I was kind of wondering why you replied to that, but it's no biggie. smile

Galan007
Ok, you mean Surfer beating all incarnations of Kyle, yeah, thats as false as a three dollar bill, thanks for clearing that up. Well what I meant was,

If you take Kyle Rayner as a normal GL, (before Ion)...

And you take Silver Surfer, (classic or current)...

Surfer will not "pwn" Kyle.

Take the majority over Kyle? srug

But "pwn" him? no

Bentley
Also true, he would put a fight. I won't be assuming the upgrade was so over the edge that he can pwn Gls.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.