I think Black Adam,Supes,and Wonder Woman will get upgrades.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D-Block
I think these three will get upgrades to keep their postitions in DCU. If not they will be way below Billy and BA/Supes equal to Freddy I doubt DC will do this. Mary is also gonna go through a Transformation. What do you guys/gals think?

roughrider
I just hope Adam isn't pushed into straight villan territory.

Wonder Woman needs a series that comes out with more regularity, rather than an upgrade.

And Billy won't be the Wizard for good. Shazam will make an eventual return.

Skeets
Superman? upgrade?....haermm

Validus
Shouldn't BA have Isis' powers now?

H. S. 6
Superman's constantly getting upgrades.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Validus
Shouldn't BA have Isis' powers now?

He did get them. As well as Osiris's powers.

I still got my money on Captain Marvel getting a major upgrade after the trials. Personally I think he deserves it.

Validus
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Superman's constantly getting upgrades.
They're not exactly upgrades. He just starts doing more insane shit every issue.

H. S. 6
They're not exactly upgrades. He just starts doing more insane shit every issue.

Same thing.

Validus
Same thing.
Essentially. stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind

Upgrade: Animal Man channeling a Sun-eater.

embarrasment

jesserw21
yea i hope they dont put black adam as a villain kuz he's like namor. not good,not bad, ju5t sonebody u dont want to f**k wit

pr1983
stop picking on superman... cry

xmeat
dc always upgrading characters shees

grey fox
Black Adam shouldn't be a villain . But he isn't going to take what happened lying down. He should either wipe out the intergang in a VERY gory speed-blitz. Or go to Apokalips himself and pimpsmack Darkseid.

H. S. 6
Essentially. stick out tongue

Two words:

Soul. Vision.

stick out tongue

Newjak
Originally posted by pr1983
stop picking on superman... cry No I won't mad

Validus
Originally posted by xmeat
dc always upgrading characters shees
There's a ton of Marvel characters that are in a power up phase right now.

pr1983
Two words:

Soul. Vision.

stick out tongue

that can be rationally explained... schmoll

Originally posted by Newjak
No I won't mad

sad

There's a ton of Marvel characters that are in a power up phase right now.

gambit *snigger*

Newjak
that can be rationally explained... schmoll

sad

gambit *snigger* Yeah thats right you heard me Superman looks like an idiot wink

pr1983
Yeah thats right you heard me Superman looks like an idiot wink

that's rich coming from a juggernaut fan... stick out tongue

Validus
that's rich coming from a juggernaut fan... stick out tongue
lawl

Newjak
that's rich coming from a juggernaut fan... stick out tongue OH I just got burned laughing out loud

Oh well at least the Juggernaut understands the underwear goes on the inside shifty

pr1983
OH I just got burned laughing out loud

Oh well at least the Juggernaut understands the underwear goes on the inside shifty

and yet he doesnt realise how silly a giant dome helmet looks... stick out tongue

Newjak
and yet he doesnt realise how silly a giant dome helmet looks... stick out tongue You know if I had a Big Dome Helmet that protected me from being Mindraped I would wear it as well.

I mean come it at least has a purpose what does the big stupid red cape offer Superman huh. Oh yeah nothing it is just stupid looking towel he wraps around his neck. stick out tongue

Sam Z
Supes? An upgrade? What upgrade?
Like total invulnerability, ability to move with the speed of light and unlimited stregth? roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
You know if I had a Big Dome Helmet that protected me from being Mindraped I would wear it as well.

and yet magneto can wear one that doesn't make him look like... well... stick out tongue

it's a cape... they look cool while flying... that's all you could possibly need it for... it compliments the costume perfectly...

Originally posted by Sam Z
Supes? An upgrade? What upgrade?
Like total invulnerability, ability to move with the speed of light and unlimited stregth? roll eyes (sarcastic)

not nearly as clever as you think... and wrong on the strength and durability parts...

Newjak
and yet magneto can wear one that doesn't make him look like... well... stick out tongue

it's a cape... they look cool while flying... that's all you could possibly need it for... it compliments the costume perfectly...

not nearly as clever as you think... and wrong on the strength and durability parts... Juggernaut got a skull piece once that looked kind of like Magneto's helmet. Besides the way the helmet has been drawn recently actually looks kind of cool

You know it may match the costume perfectly but that is like saying Platform shoes compliment Bell Bottom Pants they may go together but you wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing them.

pr1983
Juggernaut got a skull piece once that looked kind of like Magneto's helmet. Besides the way the helmet has been drawn recently actually looks kind of cool

You know it may match the costume perfectly but that is like saying Platform shoes compliment Bell Bottom Pants they may go together but you wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing them.

i havent seen juggernaut recently, so i have no idea...

the cape is an essential part of the superman costume, it looks shit without it... don't ask me how i know...

Sam Z
not nearly as clever as you think... and wrong on the strength and durability parts...
Wasn't trying to be clever.
As far as I know he can't be hurt and can lift pretty much anything if he really needs to. 200 quintillion tons with one hand and it wasn't even an upper limit...

Newjak
i havent seen juggernaut recently, so i have no idea...

the cape is an essential part of the superman costume, it looks shit without it... don't ask me how i know... Here is a picture of it

By the way I know what he looks like without the cape because it is getting destroyed every other comic seriously he must waste a fortune buying new towels everyday stick out tongue

Validus
200 Quintillion tons isn't as much as you think. You're just impressed by all the zeros.

Sam Z
200 Quintillion tons isn't as much as you think. You're just impressed by all the zeros.

Well... it is a lot.

pr1983
Wasn't trying to be clever.
As far as I know he can't be hurt and can lift pretty much anything if he really needs to. 200 quintillion tons with one hand and it wasn't even an upper limit...

its high, but its not limitless...

basically what validus said here:

Here is a picture of it

By the way I know what he looks like without the cape because it is getting destroyed every other comic seriously he must waste a fortune buying new towels everyday stick out tongue

hey, the suit looks cool when done properly, the cape is an integral part of it... i hate the way it gets torn alot though...

and the picture of doomsday holding superman's cape is damn near iconic...

juggy seems to be improving slightly...

Newjak

hey, the suit looks cool when done properly, the cape is an integral part of it... i hate the way it gets torn alot though...

and the picture of doomsday holding superman's cape is damn near iconic...

juggy seems to be improving slightly... The suit never looks cool when done right

It always looks like Superman can't put his underwear on right and is secretly wanting to be a male stripper stick out tongue

By the way there is a difference between being Iconic and being good looking Superman's costume and cape is iconic but it doesn't look good big grin

Sam Z

Basically there is no such thing as "limitless". But by comicbooks standarts that's pretty much the same. Supes held things much heavier than Hulk ever had. And that's the guy who conciderably has "limitless" strength.

pr1983
The suit never looks cool when done right

It always looks like Superman can't put his underwear on right and is secretly wanting to be a male stripper stick out tongue

By the way there is a difference between being Iconic and being good looking Superman's costume and cape is iconic but it doesn't look good big grin

look at any superman drawn by benes, ivan reis or jim lee...

i think it looks fine to be honest... probably the same way you think juggernaut's does... or galactus' with those giant horn-things...

pr1983
Basically there is no such thing as "limitless". But by comicbooks standarts that's pretty much the same. Supes held things much heavier than Hulk ever had. And that's the guy who conciderably has "limitless" strength.

juggernaut with his full power was considered to have limitless durability... not high, actually limitless...

why single out superman? what about surfer, thor, captain marvel, black adam, martian manhunter etc...

Newjak
look at any superman drawn by benes, ivan reis or jim lee...

i think it looks fine to be honest... probably the same way you think juggernaut's does... or galactus' with those giant horn-things... Ok I'll agree it doesn't always look bad just like Juggernaut's costume doesn't always look bad but you can't tell me it actually looks great stick out tongue

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by D-Block
I think these three will get upgrades to keep their postitions in DCU. If not they will be way below Billy and BA/Supes equal to Freddy I doubt DC will do this. Mary is also gonna go through a Transformation. What do you guys/gals think?

Fascinating

pr1983
Ok I'll agree it doesn't always look bad just like Juggernaut's costume doesn't always look bad but you can't tell me it actually looks great stick out tongue

i like it... now, i hated it in superman returns, and to be honest, getting it to work in the real world would be damn hard, but in a comic, i think with the right artist it can look awesome...

Newjak
i like it... now, i hated it in superman returns, and to be honest, getting it to work in the real world would be damn hard, but in a comic, i think with the right artist it can look awesome... I say the same thing about the Juggernaut hmm

I wonder what their costumes would look like combined.

pr1983
I say the same thing about the Juggernaut hmm

I wonder what their costumes would look like combined.

a bit odd...

Newjak
a bit odd... Possibly hmm

pr1983
Possibly hmm

hmm, indeed... hmm

Newjak
hmm, indeed... hmm It could be cool though hmm

pr1983
It could be cool though hmm

hmm, yes... hmm

Newjak
hmm, yes... hmm Either way though Superman doesn't need a power up hmm

pr1983
Either way though Superman doesn't need a power up hmm

true... he just needs to be written a little bit more consistently... compared to some other characters though, he's hardly the worst offender when it comes to pulling powers out of nowhere...

Martian_mind
Jonn can pimpslap most heroes mentioned in this thread already,so i don't care about them and their never ending upgrades.stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jonn can pimpslap most heroes mentioned in this thread already,so i don't care about them and their never ending upgrades.stick out tongue

and yet he won't... the likes of superman and hal would still beat him... stick out tongue

Martian_mind
and yet he won't... the likes of superman and hal would still beat him... stick out tongue
]

Which is why everytime He and Jonn fight Jonn is never in his right mind and yet it's still supes stunned with a bleeding jaw by the end?

Oh,and Jonn and Two other martians already punked a l;eague with Hal in it,not to mention Hal was scared to face Jonn in a fight.Along with the rest of the original league.

pr1983
]

Which is why everytime He and Jonn fight Jonn is never in his right mind and yet it's still supes stunned with a bleeding jaw by the end?

Oh,and Jonn and Two other martians already punked a l;eague with Hal in it,not to mention Hal was scared to face Jonn in a fight.Along with the rest of the original league.

is this in the new series?

hal afraid? when was this?

Validus
Superman or Hal would rock J'onn in a fight. Hell, even John Stewart has made J'onn look helpless before. Save it buddy.

UniOmni
I doubt Superman is gonna get an upgrade.
Him being on earth is a consistent powerup as is.

What i'd rather they do, is at least make it official that magic becomes more potent over time.

That way, they allow the peers like BA, CM and Wondy to keep pace with Superman, even though he's constantly taking in sunlight.

J'onn, i'd love if they revealed that Mars was once a lush planet, like earth but the gods died, and that's why Mars is red.

J'onn taking more and more of Mars into himself, turns into a demigod, who gets more powerful through time, ala magical potency.

Just a wish tho

Martian_mind
is this in the new series?

hal afraid? when was this?

Jonn was mindcontrolled by Despero and he overpowered Supes,and punched him in the jaw once,then superman threw him off but his Jaw was bleeding profusely.Another time Jonn was mind-contorlled he went against Superman and punched him,and Superman thinks to himself that Jonn can hit as hard as he can and that they can keep sluggiong for centuries with no winner,so he tries a sleeperhold,had Jonn been in his right mind he would have phased,but there was an earthquake and Jonn then punched Supes in the Jaw and drew shitloads of blood.

Validus
Jonn was mindcontrolled by Despero and he overpowered Supes,and punched him in the jaw once,then superman threw him off but his Jaw was bleeding profusely.Another time Jonn was mind-contorlled he went against Superman and punched him,and Superman thinks to himself that Jonn can hit as hard as he can and that they can keep sluggiong for centuries with no winner,so he tries a sleeperhold,had Jonn been in his right mind he would have phased,but there was an earthquake and Jonn then punched Supes in the Jaw and drew shitloads of blood.
What about the dozens of times Superman beat J'onn?

Martian_mind
What about the dozens of times Superman beat J'onn?

care to show?

Validus
care to show?
In a few. I don't keep scans in a Word document like some posters here.

Martian_mind
Just save them to photobucket....mmmm bucket....

pr1983
Just save them to photobucket....mmmm bucket....

that has so many negative possibilities... stick out tongue

i noticed you said, 'if j'onn was in his right mind', hell, if supes was in his right mind, he'd HV half the opponents he went up against...

Martian_mind
that has so many negative possibilities... stick out tongue

i noticed you said, 'if j'onn was in his right mind', hell, if supes was in his right mind, he'd HV half the opponents he went up against...

Jonn could phase and plus Amazo's already hit Jonn With HV and Jonn healed in seconds.

If Jonn was ever in his right mind he'd just ghost and rip out his opponents spine.

pr1983
Jonn could phase and plus Amazo's already hit Jonn With HV and Jonn healed in seconds.

If Jonn was ever in his right mind he'd just ghost and rip out his opponents spine.

he has to reconstitute to do physical damage...

most top level heroes in dc don't fight in their 'right minds', if they did they'd have very short comics...

i'm not saying j'onn can't take superman or the likes of hal, i'm just saying that for me, supes would take the majority (even if its a slight one)

Martian_mind
Mindrape FTW.

Jonn doesn't need physical Dmg to beat Supes..

Validus
T-Vo ftw.

pr1983
Mindrape FTW.

Jonn doesn't need physical Dmg to beat Supes..

supes has resisted despero's tp for limited periods of time...

despero's tp>jonn's... at least from what i've seen...

Juntai
Originally posted by D-Block
I think these three will get upgrades to keep their postitions in DCU. If not they will be way below Billy and BA/Supes equal to Freddy I doubt DC will do this. Mary is also gonna go through a Transformation. What do you guys/gals think? Judging by the seduction of the innocent ad campaign, she's getting ECLIPSO'd.

pr1983
Originally posted by Juntai
Judging by the seduction of the innocent ad campaign, she's getting ECLIPSO'd.

sucks to be her...

Martian_mind
supes has resisted despero's tp for limited periods of time...

despero's tp>jonn's... at least from what i've seen...
So did Black Canary,Hal Jordan,Batman and anyone else.Superman resisted him for one panel and was saved in the second,all he did was ***** about how he didn't want it to happen again.Everyone else resisted for just as long as him.

And against T-vo?Linear vision FTW.

Soleran

One laser beam and J'onn goes down like his other Green Martian buddies.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Soleran
One laser beam and J'onn goes down like his other Green Martian buddies.

1.Those are White martians in disguise

2.Those are replications of a Green martian psionic blast.

pr1983
So did Black Canary,Hal Jordan,Batman and anyone else.Superman resisted him for one panel and was saved in the second,all he did was ***** about how he didn't want it to happen again.Everyone else resisted for just as long as him.

And against T-vo?Linear vision FTW.

superman lasted long enough, when j'onn and arthur combined couldnt do it... j'onn will have to do a lot better than a tp attack...

Martian_mind
superman lasted long enough, when j'onn and arthur combined couldnt do it... j'onn will have to do a lot better than a tp attack...

Jonn was fighting Despero on his own for hours before Aquaman interferd...and even thenit was hours before Despero conquered them.

Also Superman didn't do Sh*t....at all,he did nothing better then the rest.

pr1983
Jonn was fighting Despero on his own for hours before Aquaman interferd...and even thenit was hours before Despero conquered them.

Also Superman didn't do Sh*t....at all,he did nothing better then the rest.

ok, maybe i missed it, but i just went back and read the three issues... where does it say hours?

he did enough... and besides, you think superman is just going to let j'onn take over his mind? he has one of the strongest wills in DC...

and i still say that hal being afraid part was bs... especially if its modern hal...

Martian_mind
It doesn't say hours....but look at all the Sh*t that happens inbetween and you'll see it was a very long time.

What did he do?resist for the exact same amount of time as everyone else and have to have his ass saved each time?

It isn't Supermans choice if he get's mind-raped or not.His will doesn't matter as he was desribed as a less will....and guess what?Jonns will made Hal jordan pause and go "Holy sh*t!!"

It was more a fear of Jonn's versatility and ability o pull powers out of nowhere then anything else.

pr1983
It doesn't say hours....but look at all the Sh*t that happens inbetween and you'll see it was a very long time.

What did he do?resist for the exact same amount of time as everyone else and have to have his ass saved each time?

It isn't Supermans choice if he get's mind-raped or not.His will doesn't matter as he was desribed as a less will....and guess what?Jonns will made Hal jordan pause and go "Holy sh*t!!"

It was more a fear of Jonn's versatility and ability o pull powers out of nowhere then anything else.

it could be relative minutes... bruce and selina are about to get busy, the league battle enemies (which could really take about 5 minutes)

i'm not saying despero wouldnt have overtaken him eventually, because obviously he would have...

it is his choice to an extent... its his mind... mental strength and willpower can be a huge factor when being psionically attacked...

so it was the whole 'pulling powers out of nowhere' thing... that really doesnt help your argument you know... stick out tongue

Martian_mind
it could be relative minutes... bruce and selina are about to get busy, the league battle enemies (which could really take about 5 minutes)

i'm not saying despero wouldnt have overtaken him eventually, because obviously he would have...

it is his choice to an extent... its his mind... mental strength and willpower can be a huge factor when being psionically attacked...

so it was the whole 'pulling powers out of nowhere' thing... that really doesnt help your argument you know... stick out tongue

Speculation.Either way the battle was FAR longer then Anyone elses 1 second pwnage.

Eventuallly?nothing indicated he would do better then anyone else.That feat is SO overblown...

A non-factor considering the minds he's broken into before.Not to mention Jonn's superior willpower.

I know.But Hal has tried and failed to take Jonn before..

pr1983
Speculation.Either way the battle was FAR longer then Anyone elses 1 second pwnage.

Eventuallly?nothing indicated he would do better then anyone else.That feat is SO overblown...

A non-factor considering the minds he's broken into before.Not to mention Jonn's superior willpower.

I know.But Hal has tried and failed to take Jonn before..

yours is also speculation... and no, i never said it wasnt longer than everyone elses 1 second beating... stick out tongue

i'm not overblowing anything... it does clearly show a direct hit from despero's psi beam hitting supes though (which he resists), and i know supes would eventually be taken over, but as i said, j'onn isnt despero...

non-factor? how? and superior? i honestly think that's debatable...

the fact that anyone says hal would be afraid (given that its hal), sounds a bit iffy to me...

Martian_mind
Maxwell lord isn't exactly despero either *cough*

Willpower isn't that debateable actually,considering Superman is known to have less willpower then Hal Jordan,but Hal is in awe of Jonns.

Everyone is seen getting hit from a Psybeam by Despero.the beam hit's them,then next panel they've fallen.Supes was in one panel each time and it was obvious he was going to fall in the next one.He did nothing better then anyone else.

pr1983
Maxwell lord isn't exactly despero either *cough*

Willpower isn't that debateable actually,considering Superman is known to have less willpower then Hal Jordan,but Hal is in awe of Jonns.

Everyone is seen getting hit from a Psybeam by Despero.the beam hit's them,then next panel they've fallen.Supes was in one panel each time and it was obvious he was going to fall in the next one.He did nothing better then anyone else.

i never said he was either, but he did his very sneakily... if supes and j'onnn are in a fight, supes will expect some sort of you know what this is really turning into a j'onn v supes thread isn't it?

willpower is debatable... c'mon, you know oh god dammit not another vs thing...

i never said he... aaaarghhhh!!!! blowup

Martian_mind
You didn't make any points there,so i have nothing to counter..

pr1983
You didn't make any points there,so i have nothing to counter..

i didn't intentionally... stick out tongue

it was just going to be a circular debate anyway wasn't it? n f*ck, i have other things to be doing when its not even a vs thread...

you think mm would win, i think supes'd win... is there any more to it?

kenobi
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
He did get them. As well as Osiris's powers.

I still got my money on Captain Marvel getting a major upgrade after the trials. Personally I think he deserves it. Osiris powers came from Black Adam so they were Adams in the first place.

Martian_mind
i didn't intentionally... stick out tongue

it was just going to be a circular debate anyway wasn't it? n f*ck, i have other things to be doing when its not even a vs thread...

you think mm would win, i think supes'd win... is there any more to it?

Well.....I'm right and your wrong,there's that stick out tongue

Alfheim
Originally posted by Skeets
Superman? upgrade?....haermm

You know what I mean. What the f**k?

Newjak
Well.....I'm right and your wrong,there's that stick out tongue I say Superman wins shifty

pr1983
Well.....I'm right and your wrong,there's that stick out tongue

yawn... stick out tongue

I say Superman wins shifty

big grin

Newjak
yawn... stick out tongue

big grin I got your back stick out tongue

pr1983
I got your back stick out tongue

nice to know... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.