Parkour

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Ok, I searched and nothing came up. Never done a thread here, so I hope it is not against the rules or anything for this kind of thread. (Like if it would be unnecessary)

Anyway, what do you think of this?

Hidden Lotus
what the hell is it?

TaZ#12
blink

forumcrew
its like free running kind of thing. It is certainly not a sport, more like a martial arts kinda thing.

kamikz
Yeah, seems like it is not that know.

It was created by David Belle and Sebastian Foucans, it is a kind of free running, where the strategy is to get from place A to place B the fastest way possible, and to be able to get back from B to A again. It is kind of escape traning, you get over fences fast, climb over ways that you actually would not think is possible. It is really cool, I've been practicing it for a while now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBapQdXxGKg

Here is a video of David Belle. It is an interview on french, but he does alot of things, you'll get what it is.

Count Makashi
Are you any good.

T.M
Watch the film Banlieue 13 (District B13) in which David Belle is one of the main characters for a really good Parkour film yes

Parkour clip from the film

kamikz
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Are you any good.

Well I guess so.

StyleTime
Parkour is cool, but I honestly prefer tricking.

trademark
I like free running better then Parkour even though there is only a slight difference

kamikz
Ok, well I don't like tricking as much, but it is useful to the parkour as well (and the other way around) so I practice that some too....

Count Makashi
Originally posted by kamikz
Well I guess so.

You guess so, not very convincing, you probably suck-JK.

vanice
I love that escape clip to.
parkour isn't about being good or bad. it's a philosophy, a way of life. and your fighting your own brain while doing it. it's not a competition to see who can climb th highest wall or do the most massive jumps or anything like that.

kamikz
Originally posted by vanice
I love that escape clip to.
parkour isn't about being good or bad. it's a philosophy, a way of life. and your fighting your own brain while doing it. it's not a competition to see who can climb th highest wall or do the most massive jumps or anything like that.....

... Unless you make it so. wink

And Count, I believe I am pretty good, but I don't wanna brag, nor do I wanna spew something out without actually having others opinions on it. People I know think I'm good, but they aren't actual traceurs (most of 'em at least), so I don't know how a real good one would think of me.

Count Makashi
Relax man, i was joking-JK-just kidding.

kamikz
I am relaxed. stick out tongue

vanice
man todays arm training was a real pain in the ass don't you think kam? well i konged the **** anyway stick out tongue

kamikz
Yeah, me to! The last part where we did around 200 pushups was probably what made the pain come. stick out tongue

I love underbars now, wallspins improved, kongo's improved, and rolling improved. Today was great!

Pandemoniac
Very cool sport I think, maybe a little exaggerated in the movies, but still!
The combination of physical and mental challenge in variable circumstances and environments makes this quite an art form.

vanice
Yeah. It's funny because you get "maimed" for life. Everywhere you go you see these little things you can do witch will get you to where you're going quicker. And you can't say no. Even if it looks odd. You just have to do it. Jump that fence of whatever it is.

vanice
My favourite parkour/free run movies.
1. Jump London/ Jump Britain
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5901806041431700202&q=jump+britain
2. The "dvinsk klan" guy, or whatever his name is. His clip on youtube is insane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.