Why was Qui-Gon-Jinn NOT IN the Original Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Hay i got a question....Why was Qui Gon not in the Original Movies i mean wouldent you think that Qui Gon would have taken interest in the LAST JEDI particulary ANAKIN SKYWALKERS SON the LITTLE BOY he wanted TRAINED......I mean it could have been that George Lucas might not have thought that far ahead in the scripting at that time but at least in ESB or ROTJ he would have made a appearence......Right? smokin'

Count Makashi
Because of the time of the OT, Oui-Gon Jinn wasn't created yet.

MasterAshenVor
Well in the time of the OT as i understand it Lucas was alredy writing the script for episode I II and III right?

Count Makashi
I don't know, but i think not, in DVD Phantom Menace, there is a scene where George Lucas talks about the Phantom menace and the early drafts are from 1995.

Tangible God
Qui-Gon was also a very late character, in that his character wasn't developed until not long before shooting started.

queeq
QGJ would not have meant anything to Luke. OB1 was in his physical world, easier to connect with a farm boy.

And what would QGJ have said to Luke: "Hi, I was once a Jadi Master, pwned by a Sith Apprentice, but I did discover your father and convinced him to become a Jedi, but then he turned to evil because that crazy old wizard Kenobi screwed up his training. But then, I trained Kenobi, so can I have you as an apprentice now? I'm sure it will work out this time... I think..."

Count Makashi
Originally posted by queeq
QGJ would not have meant anything to Luke. OB1 was in his physical world, easier to connect with a farm boy.

And what would QGJ have said to Luke: "Hi, I was once a Jadi Master, pwned by a Sith Apprentice, but I did discover your father and convinced him to become a Jedi, but then he turned to evil because that crazy old wizard Kenobi screwed up his training. But then, I trained Kenobi, so can I have you as an apprentice now? I'm sure it will work out this time... I think..."

That to.

queeq
Too.

Count Makashi
You are annoying.

Alliance
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Hay i got a question....Why was Qui Gon not in the Original Movies i mean wouldent you think that Qui Gon would have taken interest in the LAST JEDI particulary ANAKIN SKYWALKERS SON the LITTLE BOY he wanted TRAINED......I mean it could have been that George Lucas might not have thought that far ahead in the scripting at that time but at least in ESB or ROTJ he would have made a appearence......Right? smokin'

Maybe its because Qui Gon DIED 30 years in the future.

queeq
laughing out loud

MasterAshenVor
LOL queeq i found ur post to be most humerous

queeq
It was. wink

Count Makashi
No, it wasn't.

Darth Subjekt
thats only because you tried to make it not funny and thusly failed.

Count Makashi
I didn't fail, you didn't post 1 smile in your post.

queeq
You always fail... and you're always wrong.

Count Makashi
Because, your always right, right.

MasterAshenVor
no its because ur both wrong and ur both right and you both need to sit down a smoke some POT big grin

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Because, your always right, right.

No, just because you're always wrong.

queeq
Indeed.

Count Makashi
I think, you got it all wrong, i am most of the times right, it is you who is mistaken, about many things.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Hay i got a question....Why was Qui Gon not in the Original Movies i mean wouldent you think that Qui Gon would have taken interest in the LAST JEDI particulary ANAKIN SKYWALKERS SON the LITTLE BOY he wanted TRAINED......I mean it could have been that George Lucas might not have thought that far ahead in the scripting at that time but at least in ESB or ROTJ he would have made a appearence......Right? smokin' The original movies are set decades after Qui-Gon is killed, hence why hes not around. geee that was simple... Happy Dance

queeq
I think, you got it all wrong, i am most of the times right, it is you who is mistaken, about many things.

He's talking Sith talk now.... Gooood....goooooooooooooood....

zhellblah
dude but Qui Gon would have wanted to be there at the party right? i mean, he would've wanted the empire destroyed, and he would've wanted to be with his old apprentice. Did you guys notice that in the remade version of ROTJ, at the end, you see Anakin as a jedi knight instead of an old shit? well, they re did that part. so why couldn't they add qui-gon into that scene as well?

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by zhellblah
dude but Qui Gon would have wanted to be there at the party right? i mean, he would've wanted the empire destroyed, and he would've wanted to be with his old apprentice. Did you guys notice that in the remade version of ROTJ, at the end, you see Anakin as a jedi knight instead of an old shit? well, they re did that part. so why couldn't they add qui-gon into that scene as well? yes , you see Anakin as a spirit along with yoda and ben. But this is several decades after qui-gon jin is dead...

i know what your thinking.....why didnt his spirit come about to teach young luke. well all i can say is in the books...the spirit isnt ever lasting.

there comes a time when both yoda and ben say good-bye to luke, saying the they cant return to teach him anything more.

Qui-gon Jin is a jedi knight that fell like 3-4 decades before A New Hope is thought of.. what's up!!?!??! Happy Dance

Tangible God
Originally posted by zhellblah
dude but Qui Gon would have wanted to be there at the party right? i mean, he would've wanted the empire destroyed, and he would've wanted to be with his old apprentice. Did you guys notice that in the remade version of ROTJ, at the end, you see Anakin as a jedi knight instead of an old shit? well, they re did that part. so why couldn't they add qui-gon into that scene as well? Cause Anakin meant something to Luke, Qui-Gon meant nothing to Luke, he didn't even know he existed. He'd be like, "Who the f*ck is that?"

queeq
Yup.

ADarksideJedi
Because of the time of the OT, Oui-Gon Jinn wasn't created yet.

That and he is just an added chactor.I do'nt think he really fits into the plot or the storyline at all.jm

queeq
A bit... in TPM.

Count Makashi
What, Oui-Gon Jinn is a great character, he is the only Jedi who fits the description, how i imagined the Jedi, first in the OT.

queeq
OT???

Count Makashi
You know when Kenobi was talking that Jedi wore guardians of peace an justice in the universe.

ADarksideJedi
He did abit.But it was just added he has nothing to do with the old movies.Nor did he talk about him in those movie either.I guess I am not a big fan of his,jm

Alliance
You know when Kenobi was talking that Jedi wore guardians of peace an justice in the universe.

OMG Kenobi is biased....AGAIN!

queeq
Biased??? He was right there. Clones only did that for 20 years, not a thousand.

exanda kane
Was Qui-Gon actually neccesarily for the PT though? Disregard superficial traits that could be placed onto other characters and think. was Qui Gon just a distraction?

queeq
At least we got one decent Jedi.

Count Makashi
Mace Windu, he was a badass.

exanda kane
No he isn't. He's a novelty.

queeq
He's a grumpy bald mofo.

ADarksideJedi
He was an added pointless person to be bought in.That is all I am going to say.jm

queeq
Oh really?

General G
I didn't mind him.

Alliance
don't listen to JM, shes the villiage idiot.

exanda kane
I quite liked him, but that was probably because of Liam Neeson more than anything.

In the grand scheme of things though, his character just seems a little "unneccesary".

Alliance
I also liked Qui-Gon. He acted on principle, not under dogma.

Count Makashi
He was how the Jedi, should have been.

General G
Too bad he died.

queeq
Yup..

General G
That sounded like a sympathetic 'yup.'

Alliance

queeq
Originally posted by General G
That sounded like a sympathetic 'yup.'

PHAIL!

Alliance
laughing out loud

queeq
wink

Alliance
Are you coming on to me?

queeq
Nope.

Alliance
ok

*inches away*

General G
Creepy queeq...

Alliance
creepy old SW fans.

General G
I wonder whats next.

Alliance
Creepy young SW fans.

queeq
There are plenty of those around.

General G
Yeah, I asked what was next.

Alliance
young-old Star Wars fans.

General G
Middle-aged men with a mid-life crisis as fans.

Alliance
Thats normal. *couqueeqgh*

General G
laughing out loud

Alliance
no expression

General G
no expression ?

Alliance
no expression

General G
no expression ?

Alliance
no expression

Count Makashi
no expression

Alliance
erm

General G
erm ?

Alliance
erm

General G
erm ?

Alliance
This must end.

General G
It really does.

Alliance
does must end? erm

Count Makashi
Why? sad

Alliance
because.

General G
Originally posted by Alliance
does must end? erm

It was in agreement.

Alliance
ok.

General G
Get it now?

Alliance
Always did. I was jsut harassing you for speaking like a droid.

besdies...as a droideka...all you can apparently say is *muffled"blue42blue42"*

General G
How is that speaking like a droid?

Not when installed with a speach chip.

Alliance
Droidikas don't have Basic chips.

General G
Actually, I do. Other may not.

Alliance
Oh...so you think you're special now?

General G
I am. And do not take that in the wrong way.

queeq
*SIGH* CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.