Turistas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
I watched this last night and there were a few lame moments, but I have to say I liked it quite a bit. It might not be as brutal as Hostel, but it's got that same vibe where the ultimate vacation goes from totally awesome to totally disturbing. I dug it.

ragesRemorse
I thought it was actually a very decent film. I liked it alot more than Hostel.
As entertaining as hostel was for horror fans. I thought that unlike hostel, touristas was more of a movie. The violence seemed to be more warranted, than Hostel. I also felt an actual connection with the characters in touristas, where as in hostel, i felt as though the torture scenes required me to put myself in the torture seat rather than feeling for the characters

=Tired Hiker=
I agree. I also thought the locations where they shot the film were really cool as well.

Baby Bear
Turista? I wanted to see this movie. Is this out on DVD yet?

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Baby Bear
Turista? I wanted to see this movie. Is this out on DVD yet?

Yeah, it came out last Tuesday in the US.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I agree. I also thought the locations where they shot the film were really cool as well.

yeah, American cinema doesnt see many locations like that. The backdrop was a character itself.

Theres nothing worse than movies that include few actual scenary shots of a location, and try to create the illusion of being there by filming in a stuido with elaborate set designs.

xblanex
i thought this was better than hostel

Evil Dead
I too thought it was better than Hostel.

deathbycorn
Yep, Turistas was heaps better than Hostel.

xblanex
i didnt really like hostel

K.Diddy
erm This movie was crap. Hostel was never that good,but it was fun,this was just lame nothing even really happened until the last 30 minutes and the villain was just not believable or even slightly scary,The scenery is the movies only strong point,the scenes in the underwater caves were pretty good,everything else about this movie sucked. 4/10

JAKE22
I don,t like hostel

JAKE22

anfernee06
Originally posted by xblanex
i didnt really like hostel

Its crap!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.