Butchering of good movie characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supreme being
This is a thread to discuss films in which good characters have been butchered, maybe in sequels or prequels i will start.

1) Hannibal Rising=Dr Hannibal

2) Star wars episode2, episode3= Anakin Skywalker

3) Superman Returns (although some may disagree)=Superman

Dusty
High Plains Drifter - The Man With No Name.

Clint Eastwood doesn't rape people.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Supreme being

3) Superman Returns (although some may disagree)=Superman

not sure that supermans character was butchard rather than non existent

Supreme being
Originally posted by Dusty
High Plains Drifter - The Man With No Name.

Clint Eastwood doesn't rape people.

Agreed that was a really uncomfortable scence to watch, i guess they were trying to potray just how alpha he was.

Dusty
Originally posted by Supreme being
Agreed that was a really uncomfortable scence to watch, i guess they were trying to potray just how alpha he was.

It wasn't as uncomfortable as it was out of place. That character is supposed to be the same one from Sergio Leone's trilogy.

exanda kane
I disagree on the Superman comment, but as I'm not really much of a Superman fan, I'm not sure what Superman's character is other than what's been shown on the films.

I felt that alot of the Star Wars characters that returned fortheir earlier incarnations, such as Obi Wan and Anakin, didn't even get a chance to have their character butchered, there development was simply in the way of Lucas' CGI vision

Supreme being
Originally posted by exanda kane
I disagree on the Superman comment, but as I'm not really much of a Superman fan, I'm not sure what Superman's character is other than what's been shown on the films.

I felt that alot of the Star Wars characters that returned fortheir earlier incarnations, such as Obi Wan and Anakin, didn't even get a chance to have their character butchered, there development was simply in the way of Lucas' CGI vision

I wasnt talking about all the characters from the prequel just Anakin, and well superman flying to lois lanes house and invading her privacy is unsuperman like, superman getting Lois pregnant without her knowing thats unsuperman like and the list goes on and on.

exanda kane
Unsuperman isn't a word, and I was speaking about all of the Star Wars characters.

It may have seemed like I was quoting you, but Star Wars was one of the first examples that came to mind.

Mr Parker
Im sure there are more but the only ones i can think of right now are Batman from all the Batman movies except for Batman Begins-thats the only one true Batman movie that did the character justice and the spiderman movies.They really butchered to death his character big time in those movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.