Cin Drallig Vs Obi-Wan(ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dancing Man
herbdance

kamikz
Already been done, how's that for a dance eh?

Dancing Man
Originally posted by kamikz
Already been done, how's that for a dance eh?

herbdance

vader11
Obi...

darthsith19
Cin's to much of an unknown to say for certain though I'd guess that kenobi takes this after a tough fight.

vader11
Originally posted by darthsith19
Cin's to much of an unknown to say for certain though I'd guess that kenobi takes this after a tough fight. Agree. Because Cin lost to Anakin very quickly even with other Jedi's help. Obiwan can hold off Anakin for a very long time without any help and beat him at last...

Riverollv
Id say Kenobi, though its a tough fight

vader11
Originally posted by Riverollv
Id say Kenobi, though its a tough fight
If Obiwan is about equal with Anakin, then it doesn't seem to be a tough fight...

Riverollv
Obi-Wan is NOT equal to Anakin in ROTS... Anakin is more powerful

vader11
Obi-Wan is NOT equal to Anakin in ROTS... Anakin is more powerful I mean in pure saber fight, they are close. As Anakin easily beats Cin in saber fight, perhaps this is not a tough fight for Obi...

Riverollv
No, theyre not that close. Obi-Wan lasted that long with Anakin becuz HE trained him, he knew his movements perfectly well, he knew his form, he knew his weaknesses, he knew everything about him... plus, Anakin's moves are VERY predictible...

vader11
No, theyre not that close. Obi-Wan lasted that long with Anakin becuz HE trained him, he knew his movements perfectly well, he knew his form, he knew his weaknesses, he knew everything about him... plus, Anakin's moves are VERY predictible...
Only VERY predictible by Obi...
Also, Anakin is just a little better than Obiwan in saber skills, not much!

Riverollv
Plz, UNDERSTAND what i posted

vader11
Yes, I understand!

Riverollv
You dont seem to...

Master Bane
Cin Drallig takes this. His physical capabilities in the RotS game are immense (and beyond anybody else except Yoda), his displayed ability in the movie was beyond anybody except for Yoda, Dooku, and Sidious, he put up a pretty good fight against Anakin Skywalker (and that's when Anakin was fighting at his best), he mastered multiple forms and his knowledge and expertise with a saber were well above most Jedi, he trained Obi-Wan, and he was a priority kill during order 66. Obi-Wan being in the movies doesn't automatically mean he beats any PT supporting Jedi character. He loses this one.

vader11
Games are always not trustable...><
In some games, even Jar Jar can beat Anakin...><

Riverollv
Originally posted by Master Bane
Cin Drallig takes this. His physical capabilities in the RotS game are immense (and beyond anybody else except Yoda), his displayed ability in the movie was beyond anybody except for Yoda, Dooku, and Sidious, he put up a pretty good fight against Anakin Skywalker (and that's when Anakin was fighting at his best), he mastered multiple forms and his knowledge and expertise with a saber were well above most Jedi, he trained Obi-Wan, and he was a priority kill during order 66. Obi-Wan being in the movies doesn't automatically mean he beats any PT supporting Jedi character. He loses this one.

I think the Jedi fights in the ROTS game are not canon. In the game Anakin also fights Mace in a long saber duel, while actually he was killed by Sidious' lighthing... and, he was not beyond Mace, either... And actually Anakin killed him with realitve ease, and with the help of other Jedi... that was proven somewhere, I think...

vader11
I think the Jedi fights in the ROTS game are not canon. In the game Anakin also fights Mace in a long saber duel, while actually he was killed by Sidious' lighthing... and, he was not beyond Mace, either... And actually Anakin killed him with realitve ease, and with the help of other Jedi... that was proven somewhere, I think... Exactly. In games, the most powerful guys can be beaten by weak guy. In that game, Anakin can beat Obiwan & kill Sidious to become Emperor himself...><
Obiwan wins.

Riverollv
Agree

darthsith19
I agree, too, however, this will NOT be an easy fight for Kenobi. Drallig wasn't the Battle Master for nothing, and who knows why he lost so badly to Anakin, he could have been very tired from fighting Clones or even injured if he ever got hit with a blaster bolt. And the help of Whie and Bene aren't very much help - Whie was caught by surprise and was kileld before Cin even got to Vader. By the time Cin got to Vader, Vader and Bene had already exchanged their two or so saber clashes and Anakin was holding Bene by his mechanical hand. It's likely that only about two seconds after Vader and Cin started fighting Vader snapped Bene's neck with the power of his mechanical hand and then he had Cin alone. So Cin really didn't have any help.

vader11
Originally posted by darthsith19
I agree, too, however, this will NOT be an easy fight for Kenobi. Drallig wasn't the Battle Master for nothing, and who knows why he lost so badly to Anakin, he could have been very tired from fighting Clones or even injured if he ever got hit with a blaster bolt. And the help of Whie and Bene aren't very much help - Whie was caught by surprise and was kileld before Cin even got to Vader. By the time Cin got to Vader, Vader and Bene had already exchanged their two or so saber clashes and Anakin was holding Bene by his mechanical hand. It's likely that only about two seconds after Vader and Cin started fighting Vader snapped Bene's neck with the power of his mechanical hand and then he had Cin alone. So Cin really didn't have any help. Good point.

Master Bane
Originally posted by vader11
Games are always not trustable...><
In some games, even Jar Jar can beat Anakin...><

In terms of gameplay, not completely, though they tend to give an accurate depiction of what the characters are really like, and in this case, it's almost spot on with the movie.

I think the Jedi fights in the ROTS game are not canon.

The non contradictory ones are. I don't have the link to where Leland Chee confirms this, but just ask Advent or Darth Subjekt, they can back me up.

In the game Anakin also fights Mace in a long saber duel, while actually he was killed by Sidious' lighthing... and, he was not beyond Mace, either...

As I was saying, contradictory elements (such as Mace and Anakin's duel) are not canon.

And actually Anakin killed him with realitve ease, and with the help of other Jedi... that was proven somewhere, I think...

So we're back to Cin Drallig I take it. Well we never actually see Anakin kill Cin Drallig, we only see one part of the duel, where he does particularly well, but as I said, it was only a small part, and doesn't take anything away from what we see in the game, which consists of Cin Drallig knocking Anakin all over the place, and Anakin only winning by getting a lucky hit on him.

Exactly. In games, the most powerful guys can be beaten by weak guy. In that game, Anakin can beat Obiwan & kill Sidious to become Emperor himself...><
Obiwan wins.

That was a What If? scenario, completely N Canon. The scenario I'm referring to doesn't contradict anything, and fits perfectly into continuity.

Riverollv
Of course the non contradictory ones are. I neves said they werent, i was referring to the ones like Mace v.s. Anakin, for example

overlord
Originally posted by Dancing Man
herbdance Hahaha, you are a dancing man.

kamikz
I thought it was in the novelisation that Anakin killed Cin in that hologram only after a short while.

Count Makashi
Obi-Wan takes this and hasn't this been done before, a while ago.

Riverollv
I thought it was in the novelisation that Anakin killed Cin in that hologram only after a short while.

That's why I think it didnt take him a long time at all

vader11
Anakin beat him easily

Apollo Cloud

Not that I know of...

Riverollv
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
Not that I know of...

That's what I meant with Anakin beating him fairly easy...

vader11
So Obiwan can beat Cin, but don't know how long he takes...

Count Makashi
He probably takes some time, because of Soresu, he is very defensive and Cin Drallig is also very good.

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
He probably takes some time, because of Soresu, he is very defensive and Cin Drallig is also very good. Probably.

Darth Subjekt
Here's the thing...if the novel says that he died in a certain matter, and the movie doesn't contradict it, but the game does, then we have to go by the novel. If not, and we have an incomplete scene (such as Cin dueling Anakin) but the game depicts something, then it's considered c-canon, per Leland Chee. So if the novel says he died a certain way that we must take that, if not, then we follow the game.

anyway, From the movie alone we can't ascertain an accurate degree of Cin's skill, he's an unknown. But as stated, he was the temple's battle master and would logically know any hole in OB1's style. We can't say that OB1's style answers no weaknesses, otherwise Dooku never would have been able to beat him. If anyone else could find a flaw, it would be Anakin (through sheer overpowering), Yoda, Mace and Cin. Only thing we have to really take into consideration is that OB1 mastered it to the highest degree, and would still be a difficult task for Cin. But based on the ROTS VG, Cin moves with incredible speed and could likely wear down OB1.

It's hard to call, Anakin was just fine taking care of Cin while holding another Jedi by the throat, so he may just be in another league than Cin, but OB1 is no Anakin. Since Cin is a relative unknown, I'd be inclined to say that OB1 would win just through sheer patience, but that is not to say that Cin can't win, we just don't know too much about him.

Count Makashi
Yea, but i don't think he is good as Obi-Wan, he is close, but Obi is better.

vader11
They are actually close. Obiwan's advantage is that he is the master of form 3...

Count Makashi
I don't think its just because of form 3, Soreusu masters are hard to defeat, but its also hard for them to defeat their opponents. he is just a better swordsman.

vader11
That is one of the factor. He is a form 3 master so Cin is nearly impossible to defeat him. Then, Obiwan can find a weakness & beat him.

Count Makashi
Its not nearly impossible do defeat him, its just very hard, just because your master of the defensive form, doesn't mean your defenses aren't impenetrable.

vader11
For Dooku, it is hard. So for Cin, it is near impossible.

Count Makashi
I could agree with that.

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
I could agree with that. You finally get my meaningsmile

Count Makashi
No what is it stick out tongue - and its not like we wore arguing about it for a very long time, just a few posts.

vader11
coz I mean for Cin only, not for Dooku, Mace, Yoda, Sidious, etc...stick out tongue

Count Makashi
I know, i was joking.

Janus X
Originally posted by overlord
Hahaha, you are a dancing man.

no! i am janus!!

overlord
Janus Christ, you were a dancing man. I am laughing at you. Hahaha.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Didn't he get killed by Anakin? Obi-Wan taakes him down also.

overlord
Nah.. Janus Christ died for our internet sins, Obi Wan never actually pulled the trigger.

overlord
**** you internet!

Count Makashi
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Didn't he get killed by Anakin? Obi-Wan taakes him down also.

i agree, that Kenobi wins, but if one guy takes the other guy down, doesn't mean the third guy can do it to.

vader11
Just like Anakin>Dooku>Kenobi>Anakin

Count Makashi
Just like Anakin>Dooku>Kenobi>Anakin

Exactly.

overlord
It is a vicious circle, Dooku is weak against Anakins, Anakins is weak against Obu Wans, Obi Wan is allergic to Dookoos.

kamikz
Dookoos. alien

Koo means "cow" in Swedish. Bet you didn't know that ey. wink

overlord
Gah..!! And Koe means cow in Dutch, I should've known.. furious

kamikz
Nooo! The koe.... sd

Count Makashi
Don't, mock Koon, or you will be punished.

Darth Subjekt
Yea!!! Even Dooku bends over and lets Koon fill him up with his "electric judgement."

Count Makashi
What, they are best friends, Dooku was his best man on the wedding.

Darth Subjekt
and i bet dooku was his "best man" on the seperate honeymoon.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
and i bet dooku was his "best man" on the seperate honeymoon.

furious furious

I hate you Subjekt.

Darth Subjekt
i love you too, cupcake!

Count Makashi
Cupcake, that sounds like gayish.

Darth Subjekt
So does your facination with Dooku.

Count Makashi
No, it is not, i am so fascinated by him, because he is so cool, the coolest guy ever. And i never called him a cupcake. stick out tongue

Darth Subjekt
What makes a gut think another guy is the coolest guy ever? Thats how obsessive stalking starts. Have you tried counseling? You need to realize you will never meet him and you cannot purge the desire by killing him...so take your Dookudildo back to the geek store and find a hobby. stick out tongue

Count Makashi
Hey, everybody needs role models and who better then Dooku. And thinking Dooku is cool isn't geeky, its cool.

kamikz
Now this is better than cable tv. Carry on boys....

Darth Subjekt
where do you live that 80 year old men are the "hot thing?" Kinda weird buddy. A better role model if an 80 year old man would be Hugh Hefner. Dooku = geeky; Hef = uber cool!

Count Makashi
I never said he is hoot, just a great character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.