What did you like about Emperor Palpatine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
I'm going to respond by writing one nice thing. For the Emperor, I liked the wonderful Dialouge Ian was given in ROTJ.smile

Darth Daft
I like the way how Lucas makes him seem so evil. Once people had seen Vader in the first two films they thought they had seen the most evil, merciless character in the saga. But then comes along the old, malaevolant Emperor Palpatine, who, like you said, has some of the best lines in ROTJ.

Darth Heinous
Darth Sidious/Palpatine is one mysterious Sith Lord. I really like the way Palpatine had his hood concealing his face as Darth Sidious. Very intelligent and good at manipulating. Extremely powerful Darksider (though not as strong as Exar Kun or Naga Sadow). Excellent reappearance in the Dark Empire series. I'm looking forward to seeing him in episode 2 and 3.

Darth Daft
Me too. It was a shame we didn't see him much in TPM. I'm sure, like many other characters, he will "emerge" into a larger and more prominent figure in the movie. And I hope we get to see him use some more force-lightning, like on a little Noghri that fails him.

Xizor
Vader was the Master of the Noghri, as mentioned in the Thrawn trilogy it was highly likely Palpatine had no knowledge of them at all. Vader only needed to show them his use of the force once, from then on they were his pawns, he had no need to fry them.

I liked how Palpatine favored Xizor at times just to watch what Vader's response would be. As Heinous said,: Master Manipulator.

Darth Daft
I like his evil laugh he does when he first arrives at the Deathstar 2.

Xizor
That was sweet. I liked his royal guards.

Tom Gon
I didn't really like him. OK, his lines were good, and he did get Force Lightning, but he seemed way too old, and he was just an old man... I liked it when he fell down the Reactor Core though.

Darth Daft
He should have lifted off his hood at some point, so that we could see his bald head! laughing out loud

queeq
Yes! Bald he must be... for he is evil.

queeq abides

Gundark
Yeah, the emporers dialogue was pretty cool. And he could be really snippy and rude with it. Like, "you think you know everything, Luke...up yours". Hehehe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.