Suspending All Team Sports

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HellasBloke
Greece announced the other day that they were suspending all team sports for 2 weeks due to a riot that broke out during a volleyball match.

News Here.

I'd never think that a volleyball match would cause such problems!

Count Makashi
Thee hooligans should go to jail for a couple of months, they are ruining it for everyone and become s_x slaves, when they would come out of the jail, they wouldn't make trouble anymore.
I really hate hooligans.

HellasBloke
You're right they should go to jail!

They ruined all sporting events for two weeks because they didn't get the outcome they wanted it should be handled properly!

Smasandian
It's only two weeks. That aint bad.

I think its handled properly. How else will fans stop doing it?

HellasBloke
Personally I don't think two weeks is long enough really. People were hurt horribly and all they get is a few days in jail and two weeks where they can't play sports. The players still get paid and now they have time to rest / recover from and injuries.

Fans will never stop rioting though. At least I don't think so.

Smasandian
Yeah, it should be longer.

Maybe, it wont stop rioting, but atleast its a better alternative than what FIFA does.

HellasBloke
It sucks that it has to be ALL team sports but if you focus in on one then people won't get the idea of it. I would have thought at least a month. Maybe that is too long

What does the FIFA do, I haven't kept up with the recent rules.

Smasandian
Usually, if there is a riot at the stadium, they make the next game the team plays with an empty stadium.

It doesnt really work that well, its only a game.

If it was the series of games, then yeah, totally, and if it happens again, then bigger series of games and then if it continues once again, eventually end up with a whole season of empty stadiums.

I know thats pushing it and severe, but it will definitly get the team and fans act together very quickly.

HellasBloke
Actually that sounds like a good plan to have in action.

Granted like you say big whoop one game still it's a stance that they put in effect.

The stadium certainly loses money. So they would want to put more effort into crowd control. I think all n all it is a pretty good idea to have.

Smasandian
Well, its better than nothing, but still, I think it has to be an progressive system on where if it happens once, its a game, if it happens again, its 5 games, so on and so on.

HellasBloke
Ah yes like they used to do back in grade school. You miss a practice you sit out one, you miss another you sit out two. So forth for games and such.

That would be a good idea but I don't think the FIFA would want to lose out on that much money.

Smasandian
Yeah, probably.

Count Makashi
They, could install cameras on all the stadiums and after the game, they could just revive the tape and arrest the those fans, who wore making trouble, at their homes, to avoid trouble and for every arrest, they would get more time, for the first time 1 week, for 2 second 3 weeks and so on. I think that would help allot.

Smasandian
Unpractical, and it would never work. Just because you have a face doesnt necessarily means you can catch the guy.

Count Makashi
Well, i don't know, something has to be done, if you empty the stadium, the club suffers.

HellasBloke
Originally posted by Count Makashi
They, could install cameras on all the stadiums and after the game, they could just revive the tape and arrest the those fans, who wore making trouble, at their homes, to avoid trouble and for every arrest, they would get more time, for the first time 1 week, for 2 second 3 weeks and so on. I think that would help allot.

Cameras might deter the riots a little that is a good idea but I don't think they would help aid in stopping riots.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Unpractical, and it would never work. Just because you have a face doesnt necessarily means you can catch the guy.

That's the exact reason why it wouldn't work. They would have to photo idea every as they go into the stadium and that is NOT an option at all.

HellasBloke
Well, i don't know, something has to be done, if you empty the stadium, the club suffers.

The stadium suffers any way you look at when you think about it. It's just the amount of suffrage they care about.

Smasandian
But its just one game, and its always one game.

They're isnt any sense of being punished.

All we know, would be rioters would just go, "ah **** it, its only 1 game", but if it was lets say 2 games later on, they might go, "well, guys, I dont know about this."

And if it continues on a regular basis, lets say every few months or so, then increase the punishment till the point on where they cancel the whole season.

Obviously, if its happens again 5 years later, then keep the punishment at 1, but if it happens during one season, or the season next and its a regular thing then definitly increase the punishment.

botankus
All of the sudden the Browns' bottle throwing fiasco of '01 doesn't look so bad.

Smasandian
Yeah, it doesnt.

Count Makashi
Whats, Browns' bottle throwing fiasco of '01, what happened.

HellasBloke
Originally posted by botankus
All of the sudden the Browns' bottle throwing fiasco of '01 doesn't look so bad.

Leave it to Greece to make a scene. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
Whats, Browns' bottle throwing fiasco of '01, what happened.

The whole stadium started to throw empty beer bottles on the field.

Count Makashi
Which match, was it and did anybody got hurt.

Smasandian
I dont remember.

I also dont remember if anybody got hurt seriously enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.