Avengers or defenders?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
It seems to me that the avengers have never really been the type to avenge. They really seem to be defenders rather then avengers. Also defenders have really always been more about avenging.

so really should not the avengers be the defenders and the defenders the avengers?

what do you all think..........

Martian_mind
I can think of about a million things tha i care more about. stick out tongue

xmeat
wtf the defenders weren't even a real team they helped eachother then left then helped again.
plus the avengers have captain america the true avenging hero.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by xmeat
wtf the defenders weren't even a real team they helped eachother then left then helped again.
plus the avengers have captain america the true avenging hero. hadno expression

capt it up
plus the avengers have captain america the true avenging hero.

capt america is the true avenging hero..........

punisher.........wolverine... and so on are all far more avening the capt is......

also the defenders were a team...........there was two or three recarnations as well.

long pig
Originally posted by capt it up
It seems to me that the avengers have never really been the type to avenge. They really seem to be defenders rather then avengers. Also defenders have really always been more about avenging.

so really should not the avengers be the defenders and the defenders the avengers?

what do you all think..........
I see your point, I know exactly what you mean. Avengers seem like they wouldn't kill or take over someone/place unless they HAD to. They are passive as hell.

The Defenders has slaughtered planets to save the universe, recklessly travel back in time without regard as to wtf they could mess up.

Basic difference is Avengers will beat you with a pillow, Defenders will beat you with bag of bricks and rattlesnakes.

Hell, remember when Strange basically took an entire nation's people's free will away just so they'd never fight again? Avengers won't do that.

Grimm22
capt america is the true avenging hero..........

punisher.........wolverine... and so on are all far more avening the capt is......

also the defenders were a team...........there was two or three recarnations as well.

The avengers were never about "avenging" no expression

Its just a name

Grimm22
The difference is that the Defenders aren't really a team, more like a group of heroes who don't fit into the Avengers

So they just went and made their own team, even though most of them could take down the Avengers on their own (Strange, Surfer)

long pig
Originally posted by Grimm22
The difference is that the Defenders aren't really a team, more like a group of heroes who don't fit into the Avengers

So they just went and made their own team, even though most of them could take down the Avengers on their own (Strange, Surfer)
Nah, they are a real team. They have so much power because they fight skyfather-level people constantly. Defenders aren't all about Defending earth, they're about Defending the Universe. They see things on a larger scale than the Avengers/JLA.

Avengers and JLA fight streetlevel and sometimes herald level people.

Grimm22
Originally posted by long pig
Nah, they are a real team. They have so much power because they fight skyfather-level people constantly. Defenders aren't all about Defending earth, they're about Defending the Universe. They see things on a larger scale than the Avengers/JLA.

Avengers and JLA fight streetlevel and sometimes herald level people.

No, I mean they are a team, but its not like they have a clubhouse like the Avengers and the JLA do

They are more like a group of buddies that get together on weekends to fight Dormarruru or something

long pig
I got ya.

You should see the Defender's rouge gallery. It's got Galactus, Eternity and friggin LT in it.

That's why I think JLA sucks so bad, they're powerful but their rogue gallery has people like Joker or Scarecrow or Prometheus or captain cold. Stupid shit like that to appease D.C superman fanboys.

Cuz uspermna beets erveybody!!

xmeat
isn't the illuminati more powerful than the defenders.

jrodslam
isn't the illuminati more powerful than the defenders.

Depends.

There are other powerful members of the Defenders that include Iceman, Moondragon, Gargoyle, Clea, Hellstrom and Valkyrie.

If you were to put the teams up against each other, youd have to take out Strange and Namor.

That would leave Black Bolt, Reed, Ironman and Prof.X.

Defenders would have Surfer, Iceman, Hulk, Val, Moondragon, etc.

Grimm22
Of course the defenders also have useless guys like, Nitehawk

Seriously who let him on the team

jrodslam
Of course the defenders also have useless guys like, Nitehawk

Seriously who let him on the team

Every team needs a rich guy. Also, i wouldnt cal him useless. Its just that people like Hulk, Strange, Namor and Surfer outshine him.

Nighthawk is pretty agile, has enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, endurance and isnt a bad h2h combatant.

xmeat

So they just went and made their own team, even though most of them could take down the Avengers on their own (Strange, Surfer) NAH THOR AND QUASAR COULD HANDLE THEM.

capt it up
I see your point, I know exactly what you mean. Avengers seem like they wouldn't kill or take over someone/place unless they HAD to. They are passive as hell.

The Defenders has slaughtered planets to save the universe, recklessly travel back in time without regard as to wtf they could mess up.

Basic difference is Avengers will beat you with a pillow, Defenders will beat you with bag of bricks and rattlesnakes.

Hell, remember when Strange basically took an entire nation's people's free will away just so they'd never fight again? Avengers won't do that.

ya so really the avengers should be called the defenders and the defenders should be called the avengers

Grimm22
ya so really the avengers should be called the defenders and the defenders should be called the avengers

What the f**k?

They're just names

Whats next? Do you want all of the X-Men to only have ten members and only be made up of guys?!?

capt it up
What the f**k?

They're just names

Whats next? Do you want all of the X-Men to only have ten members and only be made up of guys?!?

actually the name avengers was supose to be becuase they avenge. That why they named the team the avengers.

it not just a name that whole point of the avengers name was supose to stand for the fact that they avenge.

x-men name was never ment to stand for what the x-men do.

long pig
When was the last time the Avengers took revenge on anyone? Originally posted by xmeat
NAH THOR AND QUASAR COULD HANDLE THEM.
Please.

xmeat
When was the last time the Avengers took revenge on anyone?
Please. please what

long pig
Please stop with the 'tardedness. Thor and Quasar can't take out the mighty duo of Strange and Surfer.

xmeat
Please stop with the 'tardedness. Thor and Quasar can't take out the mighty duo of Strange and Surfer. oh please thors fought more godly people than strange has and you know it.
Surfer never beat wendell quasar threw away that fight.
Lets not forget sentry.

capt it up
but the defenders have the huc.........

xmeat
but the defenders have the huc.........
forgot about huc they destroy avengers and jla combine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.