Captain America's shield vs. Wonder Woman's bracelets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Both objects are sequentially bombarded with attacks. The first attack on each is equal to a 100 - megaton nuclear bomb. Each attack after that is 10 times as powerful as the last one.

Do either of the objects eventually yield? And, if so, which one yields first?

Soljer
It's been done.

Wonder Woman's Bracelets > Cap's shield.

For example, Cap's shield was destroyed by King Thor - a single skyfather.

Wonder Woman's bracelets have withstood the onslaught of the entire greek pantheon - a shit load of skyfathers.

Trolt
Originally posted by Soljer
It's been done.

Wonder Woman's bracelets have withstood the onslaught of the entire greek pantheon - a shit load of skyfathers.
dented!!

but yeah, im' pretty sure god's craftsmenshift > best of earth's craftsmenship. But then again, the shield's no slouch.

spidey-dude
caps shield is made of adamantium. cannot be destroyed. his shield is much stronger than her stupid bracelets

jasonk3
Originally posted by spidey-dude
caps shield is made of adamantium. cannot be destroyed. his shield is much stronger than her stupid bracelets

It's been done.

and its not pure adamantium...its a mixture of admantium and vibranium...also I believe WW's bracelets were able to block Darkseids omega beam...Could be wrong though ( about blocking darkseid's beam)

capt it up
Originally posted by jasonk3
and its not pure adamantium...its a mixture of admantium and vibranium...also I believe WW's bracelets were able to block Darkseids omega beam...Could be wrong though ( about blocking darkseid's beam)
actaully it niether.

it has no adamatium in it..........

also rune king thor is not an average sky farther he the most powerful sky father there is........

Darth Macabre
caps shield is made of adamantium. cannot be destroyed. his shield is much stronger than her stupid bracelets no

jasonk3
Originally posted by capt it up
actaully it niether.

also rune king thor is not an average sky farther he the most powerful sky father there is........

Oh, guess its just vibranium them.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by jasonk3
Oh, guess its just vibranium them. And a steel alloy.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
And a steel alloy.

Vibranium and a steel alloy... Gotcha... thanks Cap and Darth cool

psycho gundam
vibranium/near-adimantium steel aloy
hard ass shit!

but,DC created ww bracletts so they must be unbreakable,everything they creat seems to be an absolute(un-dogeable,indestructible,can lift planets,etc I hate DC!)

xmeat
vibranium more durable than adamantium cap sheild wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by xmeat
vibranium more durable than adamantium cap sheild wins.

confused

Mindship
Bracelets = DC Magic
Shield = Marvel Physics
DC Magic > Marvel Physics

marvelprince
Originally posted by Mindship
Bracelets = DC Magic
Shield = Marvel Physics
DC Magic > Marvel Physics

Thats pretty much all there is to it

Soljer
Originally posted by Trolt
dented!!

but yeah, im' pretty sure god's craftsmenshift > best of earth's craftsmenship. But then again, the shield's no slouch.

It was dented when he HIT it.

The eye beams that vaporized Cap also left his shield half-slag.

Validus
It wasn't Rune King Thor who dented his shield.

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
It wasn't Rune King Thor who dented his shield.

Damn right. Rune King Thor only appeared in Ragnarok after Thor sacrificed his eyes.

Anyways, KING Thor was a total novice using the Odin power, and can't really claim to be even CLOSE to his father in prowess.

Rune King Thor > Odin >> King Thor >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindship
Bracelets = DC Magic
Shield = Marvel Physics
DC Magic > Marvel Physics I agree.

Soljer
You don't need the company descriptors, there.

Bracelets = Magic
Shield = Physics

Magic > Physics

jrodslam
Also les not forget that Supes bent WW's bracelet as well.

That part was real wasnt it?confused

Devil Lance
Originally posted by jrodslam
Also les not forget that Supes bent WW's bracelet as well.

That part was real wasnt it?confused

no no expression

spidey-dude
actaully it niether.

also rune king thor is not an average sky farther he the most powerful sky father there is........ look up his bio. says his shield is made of adamantium. it even says it in that avengers movie. the 1st one

Grinning Goku
That's Ultimate, thoug.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Devil Lance
no no expression

Are you serious? Explain. I just remember seeing a scan of it, but forgot what were the circumstances.

Darth Macabre
look up his bio. says his shield is made of adamantium. it even says it in that avengers movie. the 1st one And that's why the misconception is around; those stupid bios said that it was made out of adamantium, because the author didn't know any better. Adamantium was made trying to duplicate Cap's shield. And as for the Ultimates...it's the Ultimates. no expression

King KAM
It's been done.

Wonder Woman's bracelets have withstood the onslaught of the entire greek pantheon - a shit load of skyfathers. the entire greek pantheon, only has one skyfather...

thank you come again.

Validus
Originally posted by jrodslam
Are you serious? Explain. I just remember seeing a scan of it, but forgot what were the circumstances.
Jeph Loeb apologized for that feat and later said they weren't the normal bracelets. laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Jeph Loeb apologized for that feat and later said they weren't the normal bracelets. laughing out loud

no expression Loeb admited a mistake?

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
no expression Loeb admited a mistake?
Yeah he did. The WW fanboy crowd tore him a new one and he came up with that explanation.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah he did. The WW fanboy crowd tore him a new one and he came up with that explanation.

eek!

King KAM
WW's bracelets being bent is as much PIS and Caps shield being broke.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by King KAM
the entire greek pantheon, only has one skyfather...

thank you come again. Isn't Ares sky father-level?

King KAM
Isn't Ares sky father-level? howabout.......
no.

capt it up
look up his bio. says his shield is made of adamantium. it even says it in that avengers movie. the 1st one
that was all later recconed take a look at his new bio's........

King KAM
that was all later recconed take a look at his new bio's........ capt is correct, there is no adamantium in the shield, its made of a steel alloy and vibranium

nvrbeenwthagirl
the entire greek pantheon, only has one skyfather...

thank you come again.
Greek Gods would almost all be considered Sky father by marvel standards. Becuz they all can do pretty much what ever they want.

Soljer
1. Adamantium was created in a FAILED attempt to replicate Capt's shield.

2. DC Greek Pantheon >>>> Marvel Greek Pantheon. They have plenty of sky fathers.

3. Bracelets >>>>>>>>>> Shield.

King KAM
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Greek Gods would almost all be considered Sky father by marvel standards. Becuz they all can do pretty much what ever they want. you dont know what the **** a skyfather really is do you??? you just assume you do, but never actually did any research well you didnt, and dont come to me with some researched answer in your reply, youve proven that you didnt know what you were talking about.

and yes, i just pwnd that ass, like there was no tommorow.
1. Adamantium was created in a FAILED attempt to replicate Capt's shield.

2. DC Greek Pantheon >>>> Marvel Greek Pantheon. They have plenty of sky fathers.

3. Bracelets >>>>>>>>>> Shield.
human mind>>>>>>>>>>>god mind

Nikkolas
Cap's Shield wins.

Soljer

human mind>>>>>>>>>>>god mind

Uhh....sure. Why not.

Doesn't change the fact that the aegis is much more durable.

OneDumbG0
If you can consider Cap's shield being destroyed by the Odinforce in a future that never happened, then I'll consider Superman's shattering of WW's bracelets in Superman/Batman's 'Absolute Power' storyline. Angry Superman can shatter WW's bracelets. WWs bracelets are weaker than Cap's shield.

spidey-dude
And that's why the misconception is around; those stupid bios said that it was made out of adamantium, because the author didn't know any better. Adamantium was made trying to duplicate Cap's shield. And as for the Ultimates...it's the Ultimates. no expression oh ok so lets all call the author cause he made a boo boo about caps shield. i think the authors know more about the info on marvel than you or i do pal.

Darth Macabre
oh ok so lets all call the author cause he made a boo boo about caps shield. i think the authors know more about the info on marvel than you or i do pal. No, no he doesn't being that it's been proven wrong for the last 15-20 years. no expression Good try, though.

King KAM
Uhh....sure. Why not.

Doesn't change the fact that the aegis is much more durable. sure it does

OneDumbG0
sure it does Damn skippy.

Cap's shield >>>>>>>>>>> WW's bracelet's

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Damn skippy.

Cap's shield >>>>>>>>>>> WW's bracelet's

LOL you are an idiot.

OneDumbG0
LOL you are an idiot. Well, that was quite rude, nvr. But if you look at my posts earlier, you'll see my reasoning. Personally, and I know a lot of Cap fans agree with me, Thor using the Odinforce to destroy Cap's shield is garbage. No way is the Odinforce on par with pre-retcon Beyonder's power or Infinity Gauntlet. But we've conceded it without a fight, because honestly, how many times have we even seen the shield broken? 3 times. Ever. So it's hard to ignore it.

Now so many peoples' argument is based on the fact that since Odinforce-level power is all that is necessary to destroy Cap's shield, that WW's bracelets ought to be better since they were forged by god's.

Well, I say garbage. Because Wodnerwoman's bracelets have been destroyed by far weaker than the sum total of the top skyfather's power. I've seen Wonderwoman's bracelet's shatter from Superman punching them. He completely shattered them in 'Absolute Power,' with two punches when Diana was defending herself with them. Now are Superman's punches greater than the Odinforce, the sum total of the highest skyfather in Marvel? Hell no. Wonderwoman's bracelets are not as strong as you'd all like them to be.

And again, because I anticipated that people will argue that I'm not allowed to use that feat because it's a different timeline that never really occurred, I'd like to point out that the destruction of the shield by the Odinforce ALSO occurred in a timeline that never really occurred. And all your arguments would seriously be f'ed if we discounted that.

leonidas
what has broken the shield?

odin power, beyonder. amd i missing some?

what has broken the bracelets?

superman? anything else?

i'm not making a judgement. i just want to know if i'm missing anything in either list.

starlock
Originally posted by leonidas
what has broken the shield?

odin power, beyonder. amd i missing some?

what has broken the bracelets?

superman? anything else?

i'm not making a judgement. i just want to know if i'm missing anything in either list.

Thanos IG broke the Shield
Molecule man in a sense

Soljer
Cap's shield being broken by the Odin force DID happen. The reversal of time doesn't make it somehow non canon. It just means that very few people are aware of what actually happened while Thor possessed the Odin force the first time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, that was quite rude, nvr. But if you look at my posts earlier, you'll see my reasoning. Personally, and I know a lot of Cap fans agree with me, Thor using the Odinforce to destroy Cap's shield is garbage. No way is the Odinforce on par with pre-retcon Beyonder's power or Infinity Gauntlet. But we've conceded it without a fight, because honestly, how many times have we even seen the shield broken? 3 times. Ever. So it's hard to ignore it.

Now so many peoples' argument is based on the fact that since Odinforce-level power is all that is necessary to destroy Cap's shield, that WW's bracelets ought to be better since they were forged by god's.

Well, I say garbage. Because Wodnerwoman's bracelets have been destroyed by far weaker than the sum total of the top skyfather's power. I've seen Wonderwoman's bracelet's shatter from Superman punching them. He completely shattered them in 'Absolute Power,' with two punches when Diana was defending herself with them. Now are Superman's punches greater than the Odinforce, the sum total of the highest skyfather in Marvel? Hell no. Wonderwoman's bracelets are not as strong as you'd all like them to be.

And again, because I anticipated that people will argue that I'm not allowed to use that feat because it's a different timeline that never really occurred, I'd like to point out that the destruction of the shield by the Odinforce ALSO occurred in a timeline that never really occurred. And all your arguments would seriously be f'ed if we discounted that.
WW's bracelets have never been broken. They have deflected the entire power of the Greek Panetheon Back upon itself. They deflect Magic. matter manip. Caps shield would be spit in two by a powerful magical wielder or matter manipulator.

Soljer
WW's bracelets have never been broken. They have deflected the entire power of the Greek Panetheon Back upon itself. They deflect Magic. matter manip. Caps shield would be spit in two by a powerful magical wielder or matter manipulator.

I always kinda wondered what Magneto could do to the shield. We saw what he did to adamantium.

spidey-dude
No, no he doesn't being that it's been proven wrong for the last 15-20 years. no expression Good try, though. hows it proven wrong ? show some proof for once pal

Darth Macabre
hows it proven wrong ? show some proof for once pal No, you're the one that's wrong so the burden of proof is on you, pal.

Oh, and I'm no where near being your "pal".

PS....look at the other 5-10 posts that say you're wrong. Seeing a pattern there?

OneDumbG0
WW's bracelets have never been broken. They have deflected the entire power of the Greek Panetheon Back upon itself. They deflect Magic. matter manip. Caps shield would be spit in two by a powerful magical wielder or matter manipulator. WW's bracelets have been broken. By two Superman punches in 'Absolute Power.' You must have read it. He goes berserk when Wonderwoman kills Batman and Superman charges Wonderwoman. After knocking her down, he throws two punches which completely shatter her bracelets and then breaks her neck with her own lasso. It's the third storyline in Superman/Batman. Read it again.

Til then: Cap's shield >>>>> WW's bracelets

OneDumbG0
I always kinda wondered what Magneto could do to the shield. We saw what he did to adamantium. Cap's shield is leaps and bounds beyond adamantium. It used to be that Magneto could not affect Cap's shield at all. But I think they changed that now. To be honest, I don't know what happened in their last encounter as this one was in the late eighties:

nvrbeenwthagirl
WW's bracelets have been broken. By two Superman punches in 'Absolute Power.' You must have read it. He goes berserk when Wonderwoman kills Batman and Superman charges Wonderwoman. After knocking her down, he throws two punches which completely shatter her bracelets and then breaks her neck with her own lasso. It's the third storyline in Superman/Batman. Read it again.

Til then: Cap's shield >>>>> WW's bracelets

Um you do realize that that story is non Cannon? We dont know what those bracelets where made of. YOu know all of the amazons have indestructible bracelets. But Her bracelets are forged from zues's own shield, given to him by his wet nurse. Please don't use non cannon material to make a case. k, thanks.

OneDumbG0
Um you do realize that that story is non Cannon? We dont know what those bracelets where made of. YOu know all of the amazons have indestructible bracelets. But Her bracelets are forged from zues's own shield, given to him by his wet nurse. Please don't use non cannon material to make a case. k, thanks. Non-canon? It happened in a timeline that no longer exists because it reversed itself. But we know that Superman and Batman remember the events and that events during that time lasted into continuity especially since that is where Superman made his promise to Darkseid to release him from the Source Wall. Wonderwoman had her same powers and her same equipment. She had her trademark bracelets and her lasso. Hell, she even deflected bullets with her bracelets in her opening shots. So don't tell me to assume that her bracelets were all of a sudden different. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest they were different. Same thing with Cap's shield. I could tell you that we have no way of knowing that was really Cap's shield. But like you, I'd be pulling that out of my a$$.

These are the same exact circumstances where Cap's shield was destroyed by the Odinforce. In a timeline, that never happened. Even moreso, they were in a future that never happened.

You know better than to take double standards nvr. Either both are canon or non-canon. You lose either way.

spidey-dude
No, you're the one that's wrong so the burden of proof is on you, pal.

Oh, and I'm no where near being your "pal".

PS....look at the other 5-10 posts that say you're wrong. Seeing a pattern there? yah my bad i take that pal back. PS still theres no evidence saying thats its not made of adamantium. on his bio it says. look it up if you know how to read.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Non-canon? It happened in a timeline that no longer exists because it reversed itself. But we know that Superman and Batman remember the events and that events during that time lasted into continuity especially since that is where Superman made his promise to Darkseid to release him from the Source Wall. Wonderwoman had her same powers and her same equipment. She had her trademark bracelets and her lasso. Hell, she even deflected bullets with her bracelets in her opening shots. So don't tell me to assume that her bracelets were all of a sudden different. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest they were different. Same thing with Cap's shield. I could tell you that we have no way of knowing that was really Cap's shield. But like you, I'd be pulling that out of my a$$.

These are the same exact circumstances where Cap's shield was destroyed by the Odinforce. In a timeline, that never happened. Even moreso, they were in a future that never happened.

You know better than to take double standards nvr. Either both are canon or non-canon. You lose either way.

First off, All of the amazons bracelets can deflect bullets. Don't argue with me about wonder woman. you'll be the one who ends up losing. 2ndly, ONly Diana's Bracelets have the shield of Aegis. Superman could never, ever break the shield of Aegis. They can remember the events of the story, but that story also had wonder woman breaking her lasso. You do realize that if the actual lasso where to break, the laws of physics would reverse and the universe of truth would unravel. So you are really showing that you dont' know about WW. The story is NON cannon becuz it wasnt the real bracelets nor the real lasso. Thanks. You lose and continue to lose. As far as Caps shield, I haven't commented on his shield and it's history. Have I? So what double standard are you talking about? Thanks, Try again. Any magic wielder can crack his shield. No amount of magic is going to crack those bracelets. Not unless your the Spectre or Mr. Mxy.

xmeat
the only people that destroyed or dent his sheild was.

king thor
Doom with beyonders powers
Thanos with IG
That aint bad in my opinion.

OneDumbG0
First off, All of the amazons bracelets can deflect bullets. Don't argue with me about wonder woman. you'll be the one who ends up losing. 2ndly, ONly Diana's Bracelets have the shield of Aegis. Superman could never, ever break the shield of Aegis. They can remember the events of the story, but that story also had wonder woman breaking her lasso. You do realize that if the actual lasso where to break, the laws of physics would reverse and the universe of truth would unravel. So you are really showing that you dont' know about WW. The story is NON cannon becuz it wasnt the real bracelets nor the real lasso. Thanks. You lose and continue to lose. As far as Caps shield, I haven't commented on his shield and it's history. Have I? So what double standard are you talking about? Thanks, Try again. Any magic wielder can crack his shield. No amount of magic is going to crack those bracelets. Not unless your the Spectre or Mr. Mxy. Since when did Superman break her lasso in 'Absolute Power?' He only broke her neck with it. And the fact is, it was her lasso because she uses it for its truth-revealing abilities on Uncle Sam. Read it again. And you are absolutely using a double standard:

You want to use Odinforce > Cap's shield as evidence of its weakness.

You don't want to use Superman punches > WW's bracelets as evidence of its weakness.

That is a double standard. The same reasons you posit that Superman punches > WW's bracelets being non-canon because it never really happened/happened in a different timeline can be applied EXACTLY to Odinforce > Cap's shield. Thor used Odinforce on Cap's shield in an alternate future which Thor wiped away from existence.

And you have absolutely no proof whatsoever that those weren't the same WW bracelets, same as I have no proof that wasn't the same Cap shield. So check yourself and your temper nvrbeenwthagrl. Magic has done squat to Cap's shield. How many times has it been attacked by weapons like Mjolnir? You just don't like the fact that I'm calling you out on what is clearly a double standard. And then when its obvious its a double standard, then you go on to say it wasn't her real bracelets. That is ridiculous. It is clearly her magic lasso and her bracelets and you not liking Superman breaking her bracelets with punches is no argument. I didn't like that King Thor broke Cap's shield with Odinforce. You don't see me harping about some stupid theory when I have no evidence, "Oh. It must not have been his real shield."

WW's bracelets lose. This argument is simple. Your intuition is incorrect and your reasoning is flawed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Since when did Superman break her lasso in 'Absolute Power?' He only broke her neck with it. And the fact is, it was her lasso because she uses it for its truth-revealing abilities on Uncle Sam. Read it again. And you are absolutely using a double standard:

You want to use Odinforce > Cap's shield as evidence of its weakness.

You don't want to use Superman punches > WW's bracelets as evidence of its weakness.

That is a double standard. The same reasons you posit that Superman punches > WW's bracelets being non-canon because it never really happened/happened in a different timeline can be applied EXACTLY to Odinforce > Cap's shield. Thor used Odinforce on Cap's shield in an alternate future which Thor wiped away from existence.

And you have absolutely no proof whatsoever that those weren't the same WW bracelets, same as I have no proof that wasn't the same Cap shield. So check yourself and your temper nvrbeenwthagrl. Magic has done squat to Cap's shield. How many times has it been attacked by weapons like Mjolnir? You just don't like the fact that I'm calling you out on what is clearly a double standard. And then when its obvious its a double standard, then you go on to say it wasn't her real bracelets. That is ridiculous. It is clearly her magic lasso and her bracelets and you not liking Superman breaking her bracelets with punches is no argument. I didn't like that King Thor broke Cap's shield with Odinforce. You don't see me harping about some stupid theory when I have no evidence, "Oh. It must not have been his real shield."

WW's bracelets lose. This argument is simple. Your intuition is incorrect and your reasoning is flawed.

I haven't said anything about the Odin force and Captain Shield. That is the first thing. 2ndly, Your using a non cannon story to try and give WW's bracelets some kind of Low showing when it NEVER happened. The bracelets of the main time line are still intact. WW's bracelets have deflected the combined attack of the Entire Greek pantheon. Caps shield would simply obliterate along with him under that kind of assult. your trying to put something that is only uber under normal physics against The uber magical weapons. WTF. DC themselves has said that WW's bracelets and Lasso are INDESTRUCTIBLE. Unless your the Spectre or Some high order abstract, your not breaking them. Superman has NEVER broken WW's bracelets in the main Time line. And in that story, WW broke her lasso if I remember correctly. Which would mean the entire story was pure pis as far as ww goes. When the lasso breaks, trush should unfold and the universe should go into chaos. LEt it sink it. I haven't said one word about Cap's shield and the Odin force. Which by rights should have broken it. It's silly to think that an earth bound shield made by human hands could stand up to the odin force. On the other hand, WW's bracelets are made from the shield of Aegis which was given to zeus by his wet nurse who got it from the Elder Goddess Geae. Thanks. WW's bracelets>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cap's shield. I also remember the Maestro Breaking caps shield as well. Broken by Pure force. But we know that isn't cannon either is it?

xmeat
I haven't said anything about the Odin force and Captain Shield. That is the first thing. 2ndly, Your using a non cannon story to try and give WW's bracelets some kind of Low showing when it NEVER happened. The bracelets of the main time line are still intact. WW's bracelets have deflected the combined attack of the Entire Greek pantheon. Caps shield would simply obliterate along with him under that kind of assult. your trying to put something that is only uber under normal physics against The uber magical weapons. WTF. DC themselves has said that WW's bracelets and Lasso are INDESTRUCTIBLE. Unless your the Spectre or Some high order abstract, your not breaking them. Superman has NEVER broken WW's bracelets in the main Time line. And in that story, WW broke her lasso if I remember correctly. Which would mean the entire story was pure pis as far as ww goes. When the lasso breaks, trush should unfold and the universe should go into chaos. LEt it sink it. I haven't said one word about Cap's shield and the Odin force. Which by rights should have broken it. It's silly to think that an earth bound shield made by human hands could stand up to the odin force. On the other hand, WW's bracelets are made from the shield of Aegis which was given to zeus by his wet nurse who got it from the Elder Goddess Geae. Thanks. WW's bracelets>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cap's shield. I also remember the Maestro Breaking caps shield as well. Broken by Pure force. But we know that isn't cannon either is it? VIBRANIUM IS ALIEN MADE STEEL.

emporerpants
XMEAT IS HUMAN MADE RETARD!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by xmeat
VIBRANIUM IS ALIEN MADE STEEL.

And somehow that's supposed to be more powerful than a shield made to protect a skyfather? Like one of the most powerrful beings in the DC universe has a shield and Vibranium is supposed to somehow be better than that? Or Vibranium is somehow supposed to stand up to the Odin force? WTF.

xmeat
Originally posted by emporerpants
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

batdude123
Cap's shield is leaps and bounds beyond adamantium. It used to be that Magneto could not affect Cap's shield at all. But I think they changed that now. To be honest, I don't know what happened in their last encounter as this one was in the late eighties:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto87.jpg

erm

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by batdude123

erm

Stupid Magneto #@%* feats... miffed

stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
I haven't said anything about the Odin force and Captain Shield. That is the first thing. 2ndly, Your using a non cannon story to try and give WW's bracelets some kind of Low showing when it NEVER happened. The bracelets of the main time line are still intact. WW's bracelets have deflected the combined attack of the Entire Greek pantheon. Caps shield would simply obliterate along with him under that kind of assult. your trying to put something that is only uber under normal physics against The uber magical weapons. WTF. DC themselves has said that WW's bracelets and Lasso are INDESTRUCTIBLE. Unless your the Spectre or Some high order abstract, your not breaking them. Superman has NEVER broken WW's bracelets in the main Time line. And in that story, WW broke her lasso if I remember correctly. Which would mean the entire story was pure pis as far as ww goes. When the lasso breaks, trush should unfold and the universe should go into chaos. LEt it sink it. I haven't said one word about Cap's shield and the Odin force. Which by rights should have broken it. It's silly to think that an earth bound shield made by human hands could stand up to the odin force. On the other hand, WW's bracelets are made from the shield of Aegis which was given to zeus by his wet nurse who got it from the Elder Goddess Geae. Thanks. WW's bracelets>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cap's shield. I also remember the Maestro Breaking caps shield as well. Broken by Pure force. But we know that isn't cannon either is it? Superman did not break Wonderwoman's lasso in 'Absolute Power.' I, for one, believe also that if he snapped her lasso, everything would go all to shit. Her bracelets do not share that attribute. Her bracelets' origins are no loftier than Thor's Mjolnir. So the godly origins do not particularly impress me. Especially since beings like Thor stand in awe of Cap's shield and have said so.

It's not silly to think that a human made weapon could withstand the Odinforce. The shield was created out of pure mistaken chance and only once. They've tried to replicate it and adamantium is the best they could come up with. When adamantium is a failed byproduct of trying to make the shield, you might get a better idea of how unique and special it is. And since when are human-made inventions belittled in comics? How many times have we seen Reed Richards or Lex Luthor or Dr. Doom create something that accomplished a feat that even the gods or cosmic beings couldn't do? This argument is particularly weak.

And by canon, the only things that have ever broken it are the Infinity Gauntlet and preretcon Beyonder's power. Nothing below that has even been able to make a dent in it. Surfer's blasts, Mjolnir shots, enraged Hulk, fully confident Gladiator, nuclear blasts, etc. At best, you can argue that Wonderwoman's bracelets are as durable as Cap's shield.

I don't remember Maestro ever breaking Cap's shield. I remember in 'Future Imperfect,' Maestro having a display case of all the heroes' items and Cap's shield is unbroken and whole. USAgent's vibranium shield is broken. Surfer's board is broken. Cap's shield is not. Indeed, I found a scan:

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman did not break Wonderwoman's lasso in 'Absolute Power.' I, for one, believe also that if he snapped her lasso, everything would go all to shit. Her bracelets do not share that attribute. Her bracelets' origins are no loftier than Thor's Mjolnir. So the godly origins do not particularly impress me. Especially since beings like Thor stand in awe of Cap's shield and have said so.

It's not silly to think that a human made weapon could withstand the Odinforce. The shield was created out of pure mistaken chance and only once. They've tried to replicate it and adamantium is the best they could come up with. When adamantium is a failed byproduct of trying to make the shield, you might get a better idea of how unique and special it is. And since when are human-made inventions belittled in comics? How many times have we seen Reed Richards or Lex Luthor or Dr. Doom create something that accomplished a feat that even the gods or cosmic beings couldn't do? This argument is particularly weak.

And by canon, the only things that have ever broken it are the Infinity Gauntlet and preretcon Beyonder's power. Nothing below that has even been able to make a dent in it. Surfer's blasts, Mjolnir shots, enraged Hulk, fully confident Gladiator, nuclear blasts, etc. At best, you can argue that Wonderwoman's bracelets are as durable as Cap's shield.

I don't remember Maestro ever breaking Cap's shield. I remember in 'Future Imperfect,' Maestro having a display case of all the heroes' items and Cap's shield is unbroken and whole. USAgent's vibranium shield is broken. Surfer's board is broken. Cap's shield is not. Indeed, I found a scan:

Magic>>physics. And WW broke her lasso in that story if I"m not mistaken. Which makes the Entire Story PIS.

OneDumbG0

erm If I'm not mistaken, that feat occurred before the scan I posted. The scan I posted occurred when magneto was teaching the New Mutants in the late eighties early nineties. Has Magneto ever encountered Cap's shield afterwards?

OneDumbG0
Magic>>physics. And WW broke her lasso in that story if I"m not mistaken. Which makes the Entire Story PIS. WW never broke her god damn lasso. You are mistaken. Superman used it to choke her only. Superman shattered her bracelets. Read it again. You should have the damn comic. And magic > physics has nothing to do with this conversation since nobody with magic has ever destroyed or dented or even messed around with the shield. The magic/physics comparison is especially fallacious since no scientist can even understand why the shield works the way it does. Molecule Man himself considered the shield to be even odder than Surfer's board and Thor's Mjolnir on the molecular level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
WW never broke her god damn lasso. You are mistaken. Superman used it to choke her only. Superman shattered her bracelets. Read it again. You should have the damn comic. And magic > physics has nothing to do with this conversation since nobody with magic has ever destroyed or dented or even messed around with the shield. The magic/physics comparison is especially fallacious since no scientist can even understand why the shield works the way it does. Molecule Man himself considered the shield to be even odder than Surfer's board and Thor's Mjolnir on the molecular level.

I read that story. Diana did break that lasso. Her hair turned all white and she got old when she did it. Or am I mixing up stories. IN either case, The true Items never break. Period. Do you think Cap's shield can stand up to the power of the greek pantheon or the Omega Effect?

OneDumbG0
I read that story. Diana did break that lasso. Her hair turned all white and she got old when she did it. Or am I mixing up stories. IN either case, The true Items never break. Period. Do you think Cap's shield can stand up to the power of the greek pantheon or the Omega Effect? You're mixing up stories. What you describe is a little similar to what happened to Uncle Sam in 'Absolute Power.' In that same battle, Superman broke through Uncle Sam's GL ring construct. He fell, got all old and decrepit again when the GL ring he had was overloaded. So that might be why your stories are crossed up. Wonderwoman's hair never got white in 'Absolute Power' and her lasso was never broken. I'm pretty sure you're thinking about 'Red Son,' the Elseworlds story of Superman fighting for the USSR. Again, if her lasso broke, I agree things would go all apeshit. Grant Morrison established that in JLA and even though most people ignore it and no writer has ever made reference to it again, I believe her lasso is unbreakable. Her bracelets? Not the same. I'm 100% sure that Grant Morrison never wrote the same claim for her bracelets like he did for her lasso.

And yes, absolutely without hesitation, I believe Cap's shield would hold up to a blast by the Greek Pantheon and the Omega Effect. Those aren't even on par with the Infinity Gauntlet and pre-retcon Beyonder. As far as I'm concerned, the bracelets' godly magical source put it a bit over or on par with Thor's Mjolnir. Mjolnir has withstood those kinds of attacks but its durability is clearly below Cap's shield. And out of curiousity, didn't Zeus' original Aegis shield break? And WW's bracelets were formed out of the remnants? I'm starting to get my stories mixed up now, but if I'm right, then what does that say about the vaunted godly origins of her bracelets?

Again, if a magic user had ever turned Cap's shield to stone or changed it's color or anything of the sort, I could see magic being a weakness for Cap's shield. But nobody with magic has ever destroyed or dented or even messed around with the shield. No scientist can understand why the shield is the way it is and its properties are even more mysterious than Surfer's board and Mjolnir.

Tazer
Yo.

And yes, absolutely without hesitation, I believe Cap's shield would hold up to a blast by the Greek Pantheon and the Omega Effect. Those aren't even on par with the Infinity Gauntlet and pre-retcon Beyonder.

.......2 things which we *know* that can BREAK the shield.

As far as I'm concerned, the bracelets' godly magical source put it a bit over or on par with Thor's Mjolnir. Mjolnir has withstood those kinds of attacks but its durability is clearly below Cap's shield. And out of curiousity, didn't Zeus' original Aegis shield break? And WW's bracelets were formed out of the remnants? I'm starting to get my stories mixed up now, but if I'm right, then what does that say about the vaunted godly origins of her bracelets?

all that would say is that the Aegis was hit by a force that was at the very least skyfather+, and repeatedly as I recall.

and going w/that, as I recall Caps shield was dented when hit by that more powerful Thor wasnt it?? it would seem to me that that would make them still about even really.....

Again, if a magic user had ever turned Cap's shield to stone or changed it's color or anything of the sort, I could see magic
being a weakness for Cap's shield. But nobody with magic has ever destroyed or dented or even messed around with the shield. No scientist can understand why the shield is the way it is and its properties are even more mysterious than Surfer's board and Mjolnir.

see my comment above.

Tazer

batdude123
If I'm not mistaken, that feat occurred before the scan I posted. The scan I posted occurred when magneto was teaching the New Mutants in the late eighties early nineties. Has Magneto ever encountered Cap's shield afterwards?

The thing about his showdown with the Avengers where he was teaching the New Mutants is this:

He was severely holding back his energy output because if he went all out, his energy was going to kill Warlock, so he was trying his best to JUST put out enough power in order to hold them off. That might be the reason for it.

And yes, I'm pretty sure Magneto has done so in other cases.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Tazer
all that would say is that the Aegis was hit by a force that was at the very least skyfather+, and repeatedly as I recall.

and going w/that, as I recall Caps shield was dented when hit by that more powerful Thor wasnt it?? it would seem to me that that would make them still about even really.....I'm not trying to take away the extreme durability of her bracelets. But I do take exception to the comparisons that because it is of godly origins, (not Godly), that it automatically takes a spot higher than Cap's shield. Indeed, the very origin of her bracelets involves the original source material, Zeus' Aegis shield, being shattered. Nobody seems to remember how.

King Thor didn't dent Cap's shield, he pretty much blew Cap's shield apart in the 'Reigning.' And apparently, for this debate, nvrbeenwthagrl has indirectly decided that it should not count since it happened in an alternate future that never occurred. I don't mind using it at all, since I could then use bloodlusted Superman's shattering of WW's bracelets from 'Absolute Power,' as definitive proof they are indeed weaker. But as I anticipated from my very first post in this thread, WW supporters do not want to go that far. And barring those instances, I can agree with you and concede that her bracelets are about on par with Cap's shield. I'd still like to know how the original Aegis shield was broken though.
The thing about his showdown with the Avengers where he was teaching the New Mutants is this:

He was severely holding back his energy output because if he went all out, his energy was going to kill Warlock, so he was trying his best to JUST put out enough power in order to hold them off. That might be the reason for it.

And yes, I'm pretty sure Magneto has done so in other cases. Well, as you can see clearly from his own thought bubbles, he clearly states that his powers simply don't work on the shield. It had nothing to do with him holding back. He clearly states he cannot affect it at all because of its makeup, not because he couldn't bring enough power to bear on it. As to why there is such a variance between your previous earlier scan and this one; which is the most recent instance I can find, the only theory I have is that back when Cap was first with the Avengers, his shield had been broken and dented many times. But in a later Avengers issue, they explained that Iron Man would frequently borrow Cap's shield to study it and give him a replacement to use. And that replacement was the one that was breaking. Indeed, the editors had to figure out something when Cap's shield would break and in the next issue he'd have a new one without explanation. But until I see a more recent scan of someone like Polaris or Magneto working their magic on Cap's shield, I'm not ready to concede Magneto's powers work on it because of this very clear and definitive scan:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.