Cyber vs. Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
These two deadly beings battle for the title of Ultimate Wolverine Thrasher.

They fight in an abandoned contstruction yard.

1) Gorgon has no stone gaze
2) Gorgon has stone gaze

Who wins?

long pig
Telepathy is a no go on cyber, so that's out.
Cyber is superhumanly fast and stronger, too. So there's another one of Gorgon's powers gone.

Physically, there's nothing he can do at all to Cyber. Nothing. 10/10 cyber.

The next one is a tough call since cyber has an infra red fake eye. Would Gorg's stare work then?

SpunkySmurph
Gorgon is faster, with a much better healing factor, immeasurably smarter, and a major reach advantage. I wouldn't say 10/10

long pig
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Gorgon is faster, with a much better healing factor, immeasurably smarter, and a major reach advantage. I wouldn't say 10/10
A high I.Q doesn't make adamantium any less durable. I don't know what you mean about the reach advantage, but Cyber has the strength, size, durability, endurance advantage.

One swipe and Gorgon is out.

SpunkySmurph
No, but it means he can outfight Cyber, or trick him into exposing his face.
Strength? Not by a ton, unless I'm mistaken
Size? Not really. Gorgon was a huge man built like a rock.
Durability? Meh, his healing factor will keep him up for long enough to expose Cyber's face
Endurance? No.

One swipe? A man who can take a rockets to the face and not even care is not going out in one swipe...

long pig
Cyber is at least a 20 tonner, probably more, who simply doesn't tire. He's an awesome fighter, and with his claws he'd chop the guy in half. Seriously, Gorgon would even be affected by his poison.

Gorg can try to out fight him, but all he'd get is a ton of broken hands and knuckles.

As for when gorgon uses his stare, even THEN Cyber would win most of the time simply because he's basically a GIANT mirror with all that adamantium. He'd reflect the stare back on Gorg' and that's that.

SpunkySmurph
Cyber wouldn't touch Gorgon...

Cybe throws a swipe.
Gorgon dodged, in such a manner that swiping again would open Cyber's face
Cyber swipes again
Gorgon rams his four foot sword down his throat.

Gorgon's speed >>> Cyber's.

long pig
Both have superhuman speed. Cyber's shown some insane speed feats in the past.
Once, there were 8 cars packed full with 5 or 6 men and the men were standing in a 20-30 foot circle outside, the lights in the cars went off for maybe 2 seconds and when they came back on, Cyber had killed them all and stacked them in a pile, sat on the pile and already had lit up a cigar.
If Gorg' has a speed advantage, it won't be enough to give him anything close to a heavy advantage. Plus, hell...he's been stabbed in the face before and didn't die or get k.o'd.

heh
Cyber puts his hand over his chin and takes a nap while Gorgon fails at trying to hurt him and falls down from exhaustion.

SpunkySmurph
Gorgon moves at the speed of thought. no expression

He's reflected machine gun fire from multiple people with utter ease using an inch-or-so thick sword.

He's mentally rambled on before people even registered that he was standing right in front of them.

He's been stabbed when he didn't care because he was toying with his opponents, or when Wolverine teleported in and hit him at 100 mph, and even then it didn't do jack.

His speed >>> Cyber's.

SpunkySmurph
I'd love to see this fight in comics.

long pig
Gorgon moves at the speed of thought. no expression

He's reflected machine gun fire from multiple people with utter ease using an inch-or-so thick sword.

He's mentally rambled on before people even registered that he was standing right in front of them.

He's been stabbed when he didn't care because he was toying with his opponents, or when Wolverine teleported in and hit him at 100 mph, and even then it didn't do jack.

His speed >>> Cyber's.
And you think Wolverine being thrown into Cyber at 100 mph would do anything?

Gorg' doesn't care if he's hurt because he's got this crazy healing, he doesn't care because he's already dead and doesn't feel pain.

Being stabbed by wolvie and being ripped in half by a 20 ton guy who's pumping you full of poison that makes you unable to fight back is two different things.

Just a scratch and Gorg' starts passing out almost instantly from the sedative effect and then he starts realizing the drug makes him unable to heal like normally, like it does with Wolverine. He slashed Wolvie just a bit and injected his poison and that shit didn't heal for like 3 days. A tiny flesh wound damn near killed Wolvie. He nearly bled to death in the woods.

Like I said, any speed difference between the two isn't enough to render the other incapable of landing a hit.

Martian_mind
Isn't the toxin spread throughout the body through blood?

....if Gorgon is already dead and his heart no longer pumps,how will the toxin spread?

SpunkySmurph
No. Just pointing out that was the only reason why Wolvy even layed a hand on him.

Correct, but Gorgon DOES have crazy healing as well, so it doesn't matter.

Again, correct. But Wolverine not being able to touch him, and Cyber not being able to touch him might as well be the same things.

Gorgon will know in advance of the claws affect, and therefore will take great care not to get hit, which he is fully capable of doing. He is much faster, and the superior tactician. He won't get hit.

Yeah... it is.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Isn't the toxin spread throughout the body through blood?

....if Gorgon is already dead and his heart no longer pumps,how will the toxin spread?

SpunkySmurph
Well, judging by the fact that Gorgon bled... I would say his heart pumps. But, I could be wrong. It IS possible, despite what the press say.

Martian_mind
That wasn' blood....it was ectoplasm.

A dead person couldn't be dead if they're heart is beating AND they're thinkin...

SpunkySmurph
Are you attemtping to defy comic book logic?

mykke
IMO cyber, just to durable, he WILL hit gorgon eventually. Once he injects his poison the fights over cyber for majority, maybe 8/10

Martian_mind
Plus,he is very pale,implying he has a very restricted Bloodflow.

Poison won't work.

SpunkySmurph
Good point. But Gorgon would win anyways.

SpunkySmurph
slide

guy222
Good point. But Gorgon would win anyways.

gorgon

capt it up
cyber does not have a endurence advantage.......

gorgon dead he can go pritty much endlessly with out rest.......

long pig
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Plus,he is very pale,implying he has a very restricted Bloodflow.

Poison won't work.
Bloodscream was dead I think and he feared the poison. The poison, at the very least would paralyze the area it was injected in. make Gorg act like a stroke victim. But, it'd work normally imo..

Cyber isn't faster, but he's better. Dead or not, Gorg' can't fight if he's ripped in half.

A 1000000 punches from Gorg'< 1 punch from Cyber.

Hesattbadass!

King KAM
cyber never showed super speed, or anything close to it. your going purley on speculation

jinzin
Originally posted by King KAM
cyber never showed super speed, or anything close to it. your going purley on speculation

agreed.

capt it up
jizin cyber did show super speed in combat and superhuman reflex like when he fought vax.......

llagrok
Cyber doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the toolshed. Gorgon could probably outsmart him if he needed.

jinzin
Vax? erm

King KAM
Originally posted by jinzin
agreed. well....

its settled, if Kam and Jinzin agree on something... than everyone else better give up, because with my blunt insults, and his word twisting, youll never win.

capt it up
Vax? erm

ya remeber him? Super agility and reflex and a deadly fighter.

King KAM
Originally posted by capt it up
ya remeber him? Super agility and reflex and a deadly fighter. what issues?

jinzin
well....

its settled, if Kam and Jinzin agree on something... than everyone else better give up, because with my blunt insults, and his word twisting, youll never win.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by capt it up
ya remeber him? Super agility and reflex and a deadly fighter.

no.. what was that the MCP incident?

capt it up
laughing out loud

no.. what was that the MCP incident?

yes if I was not msitaken vax was supose to have superhuman powers.

hily
well....

Of course you only really need Jinzin

Aries_04
This is a good fight. In these cases I usually go with who looks cooler. So I'll say Gorgon.

But seriously I think Gorgon edges him out. It's just that strength adavantage that would give G trouble. But it really isn't clear how strong Gorgon is......Nick Fury says at least two tons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.