Illuminati Reality! (an rp thread of sorts)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Digi, before you say anything, you already OKd this. If it's buried beneath a pile of PMs, I'm sure Martian still has it near the top of his inbox. People don't talk to him much.

Now...

This is an RP/Character Discussion/Creation thread. Unless said otherwise, you must be an Illuminati member to participate, or possibly an active AMC member (they all got honorary memberships).

To apply for a membership, PM Entity, C-Master, Darth Goober, MarvelPrince, Martian or myself.

Yes, Mongooses, this DOES get added to our post count. sly

All characters active in rps take place in IllumReality/Smurf World/Doop Land.

A character can be your own personal creation, OR an amalgamation between two existing characters whom do not exist in the same company.

Just post a bio of them, or a history, if you prefer story telling to list making.

We'll start with Martian copying and pasting a bunch of bios already made by posters.

Martian_mind
I'd like a fusion of Jason Todd and the punisher.His parents were killed in a car crash when he was 5 years old and he was left to raise his 4 and 2 year old siblings,who were also killed by gang violence when he was 10.After that day he spent time trying to get gangs out of Crowrock(a new district of Gotham).During this time he became competent in street fighting and the use of firearms,as well as the tricks of the trade in all manner of lllegal activities.

He was on his own until he was Fourteen,when he was found by leatherdeamon(Batman+Daredevil) to be defending the Leatherhide(batmobile) from gangsters and was holding his own.Oridinally Jason Castle didn't want to help him,but when he saw that Leatherdaemons skills far surpassed his own,he decided to take advantage of him,deciding he would just get better than leatherdeamon and then ditch him.

Under leatherdeamons training his skills grew quickly,his mastery of street fighting and willingness to fight dirty combined with his new martial arts prowess made him a devastating H2H combatant,whilst his street smarts allowed him to outmanouver many opponents.

Everything was going fine until one day leatherdeamon found him in the act of killing a gang lord,despite the fact that he hjad always told him never to kill.After a heated Argument and a quick scuffle Bloodspiller(as jason called himself) was forced to throw an Experimental drug into leatherDeamons eyes,blinding him and earning his life long emnity.

Bloodspiller now works alone,he is one of the worlds most viscious Vigilantes prepared to do whatever it takes for punishment to be done.He is non-sanctioned by the government and is considered a criminal by most other heroes,but he doesn't care and simply sees them as posers who don't have what it takes to save the world.

Martian_mind
Captain Thor,

Billy Blake was never on good terms with his parents. He was 17 and as most teenagers always at odds with them. So it was no surprise when he had quit speaking to them for weeks when they told him that they were going to be traveling the Netherlands as part of a historical research on viking culture. He was furious due to his having to leave his home and friends for 2 years to travel the cold arctic. The last thing he said to his parents before he had quit talking to them was that he hated the arctic and he hoped they all died there.

Ironically, only 3 weeks into there travel the Blake's were killed by unknown forces shortly after discovering what appeared to be an ancient viking tomb of some kind. This left only Billy in the arctic he was alone when he discovered his dead parents and was certain that he should die with them. He felt as thou it was his fault for having claimed to wish their death before. He was within the last stages of hypothermia when he came across a one hammer.

When the touched the hammer an old figure appeared to him. He claimed the was the Norse god Thor and he had chosen him to help humanity as his apprentice. The champion of the Asgardians. He told him the hammer he touched was his great weapon Mjolnir and it would come to him whenever he called it with it would come power of the Norse gods.

The power of Odin, the courage of Tyr, the justice of Forseti, and the strength and speed of Thor himself. With these gifts he could make amends for his past and bring the justice to the world it deserves. The old god told Billy all he need to was call Mjolnir's name and the hammer would come to him where ever he was and with it the power to make him Captain Thor.

As Captain Thor the 17 year old Billy must find the reason for his parents death and try to make amends with himself for what he said. As well as try to use his new second life to help make the world a better place. At the same time dealing with the facts of being a hormonal 17 year old teenager and knowing that gods and magic really exist and discovering the price that comes with wielding that much power.

Martian_mind

Martian_mind

Martian_mind
*some random darkweb stuuf*

Hey MM, alright heres a few things I have farther developed his character with. He wears a costume similar to Nightwing's but he also has Scarlet Spiders wist web shooters with several different types of slots for a variety of defenses. Including Impact webbing, normal webbing, tranquilizer darts, and net web blast (like impact webbing but they expand upon impact putting the target in a sorta cocoon web). Also he would have a black costume with a full mask and the blue nightwing mask as the eyes for the mask. With a utility belt and a hoddy like scarlet spider too. All black with dark blue nightwing simbol for the eyes and webs on the hoody.

I also want to do a story about him growing up with Gwen Gordon (Gwen Stacy/Batgirl) and how after she found out about his being Darkweb, becoming a heroine aswell. Only to be brutly molested, raped and eventually killed right in front of Richard's eyes. Not for being a heroine but only for loving Richard. Her father Lt. George Gordon (Comissioner Jim Gordon/Captain George Stacey) had know about Richard's secert long before Gwen or Richard even had a clue he did and heald no ill will toward Richard after the loss of his daughter at the hands of the insane Jekyll (Joker/Green Goblin/Deathstroke). Thou, Richard refused to ever let any woman that close again for fear of that every happening to someone else that loved him.

Martian_mind
Alright Kiddies,it's the big one....The origin of Leatherdeamon!

Bruce Murdock was the son of Thomas and Martha Murdock,his family was incredibly wealthy due to his fathers past career as a prizefighter and wise investments,and it was always drilled into bruce that his mind was the mightiest muscle of all.Once Bruce had reached the age of eight,his father had grown tired off the quiet life and returned to boxing,going on a winning streak until he was accosted by hired henchman off Leviathan an age old Warlord and ruler of immense wealth.He was told to take a dive,but he refused to compromise his morals and disappoint his family,he defeated his opponent and celebrated with his family.

Heading home,they made the fatal error of travelling through crime alley,where cornered by Leviathan men,Thomas and Martha Murdock were shot and killed,leaving Bruce as an Orphan.

Bruce felt grief as no other had known it and he vowed to spend his life preventing what had happened to him from happening to anyone else.At the age of twelve he left his hometown to train around the world,gaining vast knowledge of Criminology and forensics,as well as learning and mastering Dozens of martial arts.

Upon his return his first night was not a success,he was shot and wounded in action by a simple thug,and crawling into his office a bat flew in the window and knocked a copy of the bible onto the floor,it showed Lucifer, and Bruce knew what he had to do,he had to become more than a man,he had to become something more Fallen than an angel,he became"Leatherdeamon"

As leatherdeamon he guarded the streets as a fallen avenger for only a short time until he met Richard Benjamin parker,a child who had suffered a loss as great as his,and leatherdeamon took him under his wing,until the child was ready to help him guard the streets as "sparrow hawk the amazing boy wonder"

This partnership endured many years until Dick left to be his own man.Feeling abandoned it was no surprise that he was so quick to replace Dick with Jason Castle a impetuous youth with street smarts and a hatred of crime.Batman trained Jason as hard as he had Dick and in time gained a very adept partner however he had no idea of Jason's murderous thoughts on crime.

His life was turned upside down when upon discovering Jason torturing and killing a crime lord he was forced to try to bring his ward down.During the battle Jason threw an experimental drug into Leatherdeamon's face rendering him blind.Feeling as though he could no longer fight crime Leatherdeamon left his city behind travelling the world in search of a purpose.In Japan he met a blind Man named Cane who took him under his wing and Trained him for six months,allowing him to use his enhanced senses to compensate for his loss off sight.

Upon his return,Leatherdeamon wished to see if he truly had regained his lost abilities,hunbting down and challenging his old apprentice nightweb to single combat.Though nightweb was now a metahuman,Leatherdeamon found that his senses allowed him to predict his opponents every move.They fought to a stalemate,with leatherdeamon returning home to guard his city,mightier and darker than ever before.

Martian_mind
*here's the start of a little story i was working on whilst waiting for smurf.*

Alright here is issue #1 of the Dark-web/Bloodspiller crossover

Darkweb looked around the alley in disdain,cursing his warning sense that had led him here it always was going off when he was close and it had led Darkweb to this spot where his handiwork was evident.

A man lay there on the ground,his chest sliced open by a violent hack while only 6 feet away another man lay there with his head twisted 180 degrees,it had been wrenched so violently that it's jaw had detached.His warning sense gave a faint ring as he felt a presence behind him. He spun around to see an unkempt brute,his chin caked with years of cheap booze and drool ,the man had a knife.He lunged at Darkweb who with his enhanced speed was able to catch the mans wrist and pull him up into the air before he had even gone 2 inches."What happened here" he asked as the man kicked and screamed like a baby the man spat at darkweb who responded by shaking him violently"What happened here!" he stopped shaking the man who paused momentarily before saying "this pretty thing came into our alley,all we wanted was a bit a fun then some weirdo with a red hood and a skull on his shirt drops in an offs me mates" Darkweb frowned disgusted by the man."Which way did he go" he asked,the man pointed and leaving them for the authorities he leapt off int the night.

Bloodspiller looked happily at his now unbloodstained shirt,which he had cleaned in a nearby flat after dealing with those scumbags"they won't be giving anyone anymore trouble,but they sure did squeal"he rmarked to himself.He had just don his outfit when a Banshee scream echoed throughout the night leaping out of a closed window Bloodspiller made a mental note to send a cheque to the owners of the flat before heading off in the direction of the scream.He traced the sounds to an alley,where it seemed that a lady was just standing there screaming blue murder for no apparent reason.He suddenly felt a hand grasp the back of his jacket,and all to familiar voice say"long time no see or should you being saying that to leatherdeamon?" Bloodspill was propelled forward with so much force that he flew into the wall on the other side of the alley and cracked the bricks before falling like a ragdoll into the bowels of the street.

Hopping down into the alley Darkweb told the lady that she could go now,and responding to Bloodspillers quizzical glance remarked "I love this city,you can pay women to do anything"he stood there casually as Bloodspiller picked himself off the ground,as they both knew that with his enhanced abilities Bloodspiller was no real threat "your good kid"Blodspiller said as he reached into his jacket and dropped a grenade between them "but"he said as Darkweb looked up and saw he had a gun in his hand "are you faster than a speeding bullet" BLAM!!

Martian_mind
New Character in the house!!!

Armaggedon.Juggernaut/Doomsday

Armaggedon was a being created Millenia ago on a distant planet,It's very pupose was to be perfectly evolved.It would die and then be reborn with the horrific memories of it's death.This drove the beast insane,leaving it an unstoppable desire to permanently end life so that none would suffer what it had.

It's tortous life went on for years until during one of the trials it took refuge in a cave,descending into the bowels,as if called on by a mysterious entity,it found a sparkling green gem.Wary of this item,the beast was first tenative,however the gems insidous call prompted him to touch it.In a flash the creature found stength such as no being has ever known.He laughed as his true purpose and power where revealed to him,and his newfound confidence permitted him to stride forward onto the harsh world,an unstoppable force of Nature like the herald of Armaddegon.

His first act was to rend the flesh from his taskmaster's bones,using his new power to stride away from the planet on nothing at all.He journeyed through space for years,killing and slaughtering in the name of his cause,until he ran afoul of the Keepers(Guardians/Watchers)a millenia old race who's mental powers surpassed even his abilities.

He was imprisoned,and sent to a distant corner of the universe,slammed into a tiny blue planet,and buried beneath millions of tons of rubble.The creature was truly unstoppable though.It fought tooth and Claw to escape from it's shackles,breking to the surface millions of years later,ready to lay waste to that tiny blue planet,one now known throughout the universe as "Earth"......

SpunkySmurph
People that we need to make bios for:
Gwen Gordon
Cane
Elektra/Cassie Cain*
Nick Fury/David Cain*
Jekyll
Whatsherface/Scarlet Spider
Leviathan
Joker/Bullseye* (unless Joker is part of Jekyll... though I think it should be Carnage)
Catwoman/Black Widow*

*I'm making it

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

Joker/Bullseye* (unless Joker is part of Jekyll... though I think it should be Carnage)

How dare you steal my idea.

I'm sueing!!!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
How dare you steal my idea.

I'm sueing!!! You can write it if you want. srug

After all, who cares about quality? ermmnone

Martian_mind
You can write it if you want. srug

After all, who cares about quality? ermmnone

Jekyll is Entities character.

Well obviously you all do since all your characters are based of mine.....

SpunkySmurph
Jekyll is Entities character.

Well obviously you all do since all your characters are based of mine..... Oh, I thought you were talking about Joker/Bullseye

Now it turns out that you're just b*tching about the Carnage thing. ermmnone

Yeah, you can take credit. After all, a Jedi never expends unnessesary energy when there is a lackey to think for him.

Martian_mind
Oh, I thought you were talking about Joker/Bullseye

Now it turns out that you're just b*tching about the Carnage thing. ermmnone

Yeah, you can take credit. After all, a Jedi never expends unnessesary energy when there is a lackey to think for him. ]

Which is exactly why i had you write down that profound statement for me.

WorldWarHulk
Yeah, you can take credit. After all, a Jedi never expends unnessesary energy when there is a lackey to think for him. laughing out loud

SpunkySmurph
]

Which is exactly why i had you write down that profound statement for me. petpet

Entity
Gwen Gordon
Cane
Elektra/Cassie Cain*
Nick Fury/David Cain*
Jekyll
Whatsherface/Scarlet Spider
Leviathan
Catwoman/Black Widow*

*I'm making it

I'll get on Gwen Gordon, Jekyll and some of my other personal characters since I created them and I have the whole week off. My be a few days till I get on it thou. Because, well, I'm lazy! stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
I have a character of my own!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I have a character of my own! w00termm

You gonna participate?

Symmetric Chaos
w00termm

You gonna participate?

w00termm

Sure!

SpunkySmurph
By the by, I need to think of names for my amalgam characters, and I plan to add a bunch of my own original characters.

Oh, and for clarification:
ANY poster can discuss characters or give their input, but only Illum members, frequent AMC members, or any other special members granted permission by Entity, Martian or Myself can actually participate in the making and rp'ing.

smile

SpunkySmurph
Yeah, me too.

Also, I'll be in France for the next *counts on fingers* 12 days ( w00t ), so I won't be contributing a damn thing. I guess it's all up to you guys then! haermm

Symmetric Chaos
Camael

A high level demon. Unlike most of his kind his stature is closer to that of a human being (if overly tall and angular) rather than that of a mountain. He usually wears whatever clothing would be appropriate for the time period but he does possess specially enchanted Centurions armor that he uses when facing down major threats.

Because his power is compressed into such a small body he posseses huge amounts of excess energy to work with. This energy manifests itself as a bright aura that can can manipulate with his thoughts. The only apparent limitations to altering his arua are that it must maintain contiguois and in a roughly humanoid shape.

Most commonly Camael uses the aura as a shield and to create sharp edges on his hands and feet to enhance his stirkes when fighting. However he has demonstrated the ability to convert the aura to electrical and thermal energy as well as modify it to block out certain forms of magic.

As a child he was witness to the slaughter out thousands of demons by humans. He claims this is responible for his personality and hatred of humans (although this is clearly not true as he is more than willing to kill even demons and animals by the thousands).

As a demon his life span is incredibly long and his physical and mental abilites all exceed those of most humans. Camael is capable of lifting roughly 2 tons unaided (his armor amps this to 5 tons), running at Mach3 (his armor amps his speed to an unknown but apparently considerable extent), thinking at far faster speeds than a human (although he admits to being quick not bright).

Camael is also an incredible sadist and has less interest in killing than he does in destroying (examples include: inducing incredible fear of fire in a fireman, breaking every bone in the bodies of martial artists, killing psychics by calling up every atrocity he has ever commited when they enter his mind, killing every member of a family execpt one child etc etc)

faint

SpunkySmurph
Purposeful irony that Camael is the name of a biblical archangel?

Also, haven't I seen this bio before?

I think that the aura allows for a lot of creativity, but still keeps him around Venom level, or a little below, if I'm gauging him properly. That's a plus, IMO, but mostly because I like those levels the best.

Symmetric Chaos
Purposeful irony that Camael is the name of a biblical archangel?

The angel of pure love. Literially witness of God.

Also, haven't I seen this bio before?

Yes. But this one is more complete and has power examples.

I think that the aura allows for a lot of creativity, but still keeps him around Venom level, or a little below, if I'm gauging him properly. That's a plus, IMO, but mostly because I like those levels the best.

I would think he could take out Venom. Especially since this isn't somone who would hesitate to stick a finger though his skull and blast him with electricity.

Actually most of the enemies I wrote out are above well Venom level. Although in most of those cases his experience with them gives him an edge.

SpunkySmurph
Oh, I missed that Camael could use his aura to produce heat and electrical attacks. Meh. Then I would think he's somewhere between Venom and Ironman, which is, like I said, my favourite area.

Symmetric Chaos
Oh, I missed that Camael could use his aura to produce heat and electrical attacks. Meh. Then I would think he's somewhere between Venom and Ironman, which is, like I said, my favourite area.

Yup. That sounds about right.

Now I'm going to read the other bios.

Entity
Collective!

Collective is a normal human until he awakes one morning with the combined memories, knowledge, and skills of all the people on Earth! He only has their mentality not any more physical abilities that he had before. His mind is now 50% of his former self conscience with the other 50% being the collective of all humanity's minds.

There is no explanition for how this occurred. He simply awoke one morning and found that he had the knowledge of the world and is left with no idea as to how he has gained it or what he is suppose to do with it. Thou with all this new knowledge he almost immediately realises that he has to use it to better the world. A world MUCH more horrible than anyone has ever dared to realise!

Entity
G.E.N.E.S.I.S.

Project G.E.N.E.S.I.S. was created to try and produce the most advanced human possible. The project was named for its attempt to create a Genetically Engineered Newly Enhanced Super Intelligent Solider. The project tested candidates from all through out the United States military also including all know government and Internet files on all athletes. As they started the chose the most gifted individual from all the categories important to their research. These areas included, strength, intelligence, speed, reflexes, stamina, agility, personal health history. When they finally finished their study they believed they had several viable candidates but all were to equally balanced to chose one particular. To solve this problem the team narrowed it down to the 13 most loyal to the project and simply randomly chose a sample to clone for their baseline D.N.A..

After the cloning process was finished they started to manipulate the genetic strucher of the D.N.A. sequence enhancing the strength proteins as well as immunities and accelerated brain functions. Giving the subject all the advantages know to the human species. Soon they had came as close to perfection as they all believed they could. Next was the nurturing of the subject.

He was raised from his very birth by using all the knowledge available to the world about proper health, mental development and skills of infants all the way onto his early twenties. He was even given the exact proper nutrients his body needed at all times. Along with this he was taught almost every free minute of his life with the only exceptions being when he was either sleeping, eating, exercising, training, or being studied.

His results going into his adolescence were astonishing. He had the perfect immune system. He was tested to have an I.Q. of what they could only guess was near 500. He could run at an incredible 29mph when he was only 15 years old. He had surpassed all their known knowledge of previous human ability. The only thing keeping him their lab rat was the fact the facility they were keeping him in made Alcatraz look like a rope tide in a couple of knots, and the chief scientist on the project was his only friend and basically his father. Not long after his 22 birthday the chief scientist on the project experienced great personal loss in his home life making him reconsider all that he had done in his life. Among the greater regret he began to have was the confinement of GENESIS's whole life. So he decided to tell him the truth.

After the scientist regained himself enough that his superiors believed he was in fit conditions to return to work he saw the project and told him everything. Immediately the scientist was removed form the project and GENESIS was never told what happened to him. Only 8 days after the scientist leaving GENESIS disappeared...

Entity
Ryan Cole

What if the second comming and the antichrist weren't two seperate people but two seperate possibilities for the destinity of one human soul. What if the end of the world wasn't already predestined but, rather left to chance with one and only one human soul. What if god granted a child with all his power just as he had given it to Jesus two thousand years ago? What if just one man would carry the fate of all existence in the very choices he makes in his life?

Ryan Cole never knew his parents, he was found by police in a back alley garbage can behind a convince store. They were never able to find his birth parents. He grew up very alone with no one close to him. He has always had a harsh life and has been very alone with out the love of anyone close to him. Not long after his 23 birthday he discovered that he had the ability to do anything, literally anything! Soon he was confronted by Nicolas an angel that chose to fall from grace to help humanity. Nicolas had know about Ryan and his coming since the death of Christ. Nicolas is actually the first person to ever really get close to Ryan and let him know he can count on him.

Also Rita had came to Ryan and tried to guide him on his path. Of course Rita doesn't share Nicolas's motives and is constantly doing everything in her power to temp Ryan into using his power towards his own corruption. Where as Nicolas constantly trys to swede Ryan away from using his power at all until the end has come and then only for good. The stress of all this power and temptation is the greatest any man has ever felt since Jesus himself. Add that to the fact that Ryan never had the loving mother or father figure in his life or even any people to become close to him before this.

To top it all off Ryan soon discovers through Nicolas that Rita was actually Nicolas's angelic soul mate before the war in heaven when they chose opposing sides. Now it is not only Ryan that is being tempted but, Nicolas as well by his past love. Knowing that Nicolas fell from grace purposely because he felt God was unjustly allowing innocents to suffer and refusing to help the world, Rita constantly trys to convince Nicolas to join her and fall even farther from grace. Wither it be willingly or by temptation or trickery. Rita will do whatever it takes to bring her soul mate to hell with her but, the only thing more important to her is the corruption of Ryan Cole's soul to ensure the Hell's victory in the final battle.

SpunkySmurph

Soljer
I'm in. If you could, PM me with any details needed. Is there any 'level' we're supposed to make characters specifically for, for example?

Like the new sig, by the way.

SpunkySmurph
Thanks, and, no, no details really, or level cap. Everything is in the OP.

SpunkySmurph

marvelprince
hmm

When I have time, I'll refine this, before posting bios for the individual characters.

Smurph, who let you back in the house?

I'll get to posting some of my characters when I get home.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by marvelprince
Smurph, who let you back in the house?

I'll get to posting some of my characters when I get home. Got back yesterday, but I can't sleep, cause it's six in the morning in Canada, but four in the afternoon in France.

Martian_mind
I'm working on a Jonn/Moondragon amalgam.He'll be called Jadedragon. I'll add more on the morrow...

Soljer
I'm working on a Jonn/Moondragon amalgam.He'll be called Jadedragon. I'll add more on the morrow...

sick.

marvelprince

Hmm. I'm liking the name. Sounds interesting

SpunkySmurph
Alright, refined this, changed name, altered origin, etc.

The Elite
In an alternate reality, Civil War and the Annihilation caused devastation across half of the known galaxies. Death and tragedy rained down upon heroes and villains alike, and it threatened multiple races with potential extinction. When the dust settled, the death toll tripled that of the living.

Society learned to rebuild itself. New superhumans spawned from the old, and the technology eventually once again sprung from the stone age. And yet, to some,this crisis only appeared to be a shot at power. Humanity was teetering, and could be manipulated through force. They had no protection. Their Avengers and their Justice League were long dead. It was ripe for the picking. At this threat, some of the world's new leaders, the leading intelligence, took action. They put together The Elite.

The Elite. A team composed of the most remarkable people to live since the Devastation.

However, a decade later, after all uprisings were shut down due to the Elite, a new threat was born. In a raw explosion, Noble (original character), the current herald of Whoever/Galactus, sent a meteor, endowed with the Power Cosmic, hurtling towards Earth. The Elite were prepared to stop it. However, as the team set up their most powerful members as the frontline, and the meteor came close, something happened. The meteor ruptured, and the Power Cosmic within it set off a raw, white light...

The Elite:
Carmen Feliz
Ricochet
Witch Doctor
Wraith
Ink
Lady Blitz
Cobalt
Bandit
Nate Griffin

SpunkySmurph
I don't feel like reposting it again, so I'll just mark off changes.

Changes:
Meant to change "Feliz" to "Fowle", since I realized Feliz = Happy in espanol, wouldnt send the right implications

Meant to change "L Blitz" to "Ebony", and switch the former to a side name, that I'll explain when I write up the character prof.

Which I'll do eventually...

Comments are appreciated, and I'm still waiting for certain people to pick up the slack. Not that you need to rush though. Just when you have the time.

Meh.

SpunkySmurph
Ok, time for some character depth.

I have MORE editting to do to the team profile for the Elite... but I don't care right now.

And this is me getting off my lazy ass to write... so I'd very much appreciate comments, from anybody. I will have questions at the end, because this character is very much still in the works, and I need help expanding on him. So anybody, Illuminati or otherwise, lend an ear. Or, since we're on the internet, an eye. Ha ha, bad joke, moving on.

Psychotic (AKA- The Witch Doctor).

Ok. I'm thinking a Brazilian or Brazilian-North American ethnicity and background.

Anyways, he won't find the team. The team will find him. Prior to this moment he's lived a fairly peaceful life in relative solitude, among the rainforests of Brazil.

As a background, I've been thinking up an origin consisting of the innevitable childhood tragedy. Parents died in a fire. He goes to live with his rich, aristocratic Uncle, who's making it rich with some scheme probably involving embezzlement and the brazilian natives. An abusive man, he beat his nephew, whom he resented and possibly even blamed his dear sister's death upon.

Anyways, the short version is, mommy and daddy die, uncle's an *******, John (that's his name) runs away.

Into the rainforest. He spends some inhuman amount of time in the forest, barely surviving, eventually collapsing into a near comatose state.

Then a man finds him. A man of the rainforest. And saves his life- John doesn't know whether it's magic, special native healing mumbo jumbo, or plain luck. But he's alive, thanks to this man, it appears.

This man is essentially a Witch Doctor. He is really just a man who has mastered certain arts, but the natives of Brazil, who have learned to trust him, call him "The Witch Doctor". Or, whatever that is in Portugese.

As you may be able to tell, this is leading up to the "master/apprentice" typpical story archetype. I want to lend a twist to it, but I'm not sure yet. If you have any ideas, I'm listening.

Anyways, so the secret to the Master's abilities (which, to John, seem strange, varied, and powerful), is that he has mastered what he calls "The Inner Trinity" (a term in progress).

The mastery over the body, mind, and soul. Each give him different abilities, however the three together are cohesive, in that they boost his power to much higher levels. I'll expand on that later.

There needs to be a conflict between John and his master. My idea thus far is that, as the master lacks compassion (it has ebbed away over the years), John can never feel close to him. Eventually, John's personal compassion for the living and everything around him will mean he is an even more powerful Witch Doctor then his master ever was.

This does not mean that he is not afraid to kill. If he personally deems his victim guilty, he has no qualms about death, or perhaps, even execution. I expect the trials of Brazil- plundering of natives, death to mother nature, etc.- will have hardened him.

Anyways, so John and master fight (I don't actually have a name/title for his master yet), John leaves, master dies/expires/is murdered. Whatever.

John spend months in grief until he realizes the natives of Brazil need him. At least the ones around his forest.

So he protects them, he teaches them where to find the largest pearls in the rivers, he heals the wounded. He's essentially Saint John.

Our story takes place when particular attention is attracted to him, my guess is over an uproar over the burning of his rainforest, or the threat of.

This attracts the attention of our Team Makers. For story purposes, they're basically the UN, only with a more lethal project in mind. The creation of The Elite.

Initially, John refuses. Eventually, my guess is through meeting Colonel Griffin, and through some sort of native-peace-treaty-agreement, he agrees.

Eventually, he will realize that, while he loves the natives, the place where he is needed most is a position on the internal and external defense of Earth. "Mother Earth", if you will.

Personality wise, I'm aiming for the sense of wisdom and expierience, along with ulterior motives that Xavier holds, mixed with a touch of the snide didain that exists within Magneto or Emma Frost.
On to the fun part.

Powers:

This part is very much still in the works. Currently, I'm still brainstorming possible power applications.

The core of his powers, is, as I said, Body Mind and Soul.

Also, the other key thing, is that his largest power exists over Organics. This is a VERY IMPORTANT concept. Over that which is living, or once was living, he has much more power then over that which is non-living.

I DON'T want a Dr. Strange character. Dr. Strange is a man who can pull out the booger of Solomon's aunt, mumble a couple words, and be in ancient egypt. Not what I'm aiming for.

Powers (work in progress, anything can be changed):

-Telepathy/Psychopathy (very powerful)
-Telekinesis/Psychokinesis (very powerful in Organics, still considerably powerful in Non-Organics)

I'm thinking a very high strength level in TK/PK (Class 100, roughly) but perhaps not extremley fine control

I don't know the term for "Soul-pathy/kinesis", but I'd like to incorporate it.

-Healing (self and others, through touch and concentration)
-Psychic/Soul-powered manifestation

Here, I'm bring something into existence. As opposed to illusion, where it only exists in your mind, here it would exist on the physical plane, but would require continuous concentration, and would dissipate if you stopped, or if too much force was applied.

-Mental Illusion
-Teleportation
-Phasing (hard through or with non-organics)
-Levitation
-Self-Duplication (lots of concentration, would contain the same mass as John, but would cease to exists the moment John stopped focusing. Imagin him sitting in the middle of a battlefield, concentrating, and all around him several copies of himself battle.)
-Necromantic Communication
-Influence over plant growth rate (I'm talking a matter of days, not minutes)
-Influence over inner organs
-Can cause a person's body temperature to rise or fall with concentration
-Invoke emotions
-Can move about multiple times as fast as a normal person

Yes, he's very powerful. I was going for Mid-Herald level, roughly. Though maybe even high. However, comics aren't forums fights. In character, he would not usually excersize his telepathy, emotion control, etc. and prefer to resort to hand-to-hand combat, or more direct approaches.

Abilities:

Mastery of martial arts
Knowledge of plants

Possibly more when I think of what would fit his character.

--------------------

Ok, as I said, it's very much a work in progress. But I felt like posting it.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Criticism? HELP?

Martian_mind
Gets a thumbs up.

Call soul manipuklation Karma-kenisis.Alliteration ftw.

Martian_mind
I have a team I'd like to see in comics,The leader is Red Robin(Jason Todd) and basically he finds a team of young metahumans,and trans them as his Teen Titans,however he gives them his values and moral code as opposed to the usual.

The team members are:

Shale:A footy jock who seemed to have it all,he was going to uni on a football grant,he was handsome and popular,he also had gained superpowers in the fallout from a battle involving Clayface,He has the ability to morph into a 9 foot tall hulking stone behemoth,gaining strength and durability that allows him to take hits from Superman,though not defeat him.He can also fly by turning his legs into sand and projectinmg that at high speeds,he can turn all of himself into sand as well,but lacks fine control like Sandman.

Motion:A spicey black flirt,this girl can stop or slow energy to an incredible degree,and can even reduce Supermans heat vision to only 15 degrees.She cannot however use energy offensively,only reducing or slowing,though she frequently steals kinetic motion from her foes to increase her own capabilkities.Whilst Jason ensures that all his pupils are sound martial artists,he focuses on hers more then most (Bar Vandal)as that will be her only protection if her powers fail.

Vandal:The son of Vandal Savage,Vandal has inherited his fathers immortality,leading to his greatly retarded aging,though he looks only 15,he is actually 52 years old,but is still a child in many ways,as Savage,wanting a grand legacy,gave Vandal to a hidden ninja village,where time is mot measured,as they believe nothing should get in the way of perfection,therefore he is still very much a teen in most respects.He is a master H2H combatant,and due to his father possesess above peah-human physical stats,and has outrun cars on occasion.

Tension:A standard run of the mill shyteen,this girl was born with an intrinsinck link to emotions,able to pick up what a person is feeling and even track them by their emotional signature.She also can gainm abilities depending on the primary emotions around her.When anger is the most,she turns Red and gains mighty pyrokinesis,when sadness,she turns blue and gets (frostokinesis?)when fear,she turns invisible,and when death has occured near her,she turns yellow and can suck out souls.

Pit:The most tragic teen,This kid was raised on the streets,fighting and petty crime where his life,until he once bumped into Etrigan.Etrigan was always ambitious,and sensed the anger,hate and sorrow within this child.Using an ancient ritual,Etrigan burned a symbol onto the boys face,over his left eye.This is the most powe3rful arcane symbol in the universe,and this child is the only one to ever survive having it administered,as it links the bearer to the very heart of hjell itself,allowing them all the power contained in hell at their fingertips.He usually manifdests his abilities in mundane ways,mturning into a purple horned demon with red eyes,shooting hellflame and flying on brimstone,however Jason is set on showing him he can have all his power as a human too.

-----------------------------------

Comments?

SpunkySmurph
They strike me as a bit like current titans, but with interesting twists.

I thought JT was mixed with Punisher? Or is this a seperate thing.

Oh, and you're looking for Cryokinesis.

Martian_mind
Separate thing,an actual series i'd like to see\write one day.

Dunka....witch doctor seems very much like brother Voodoo,but much better characterisation.

Vandal is one i'd love to see,i even have a costume/appearence worked out for them ll but can't draw for shit...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.