galactus vs phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kadesh
well i saw on wikipedia that the phoenix somehow defeated galactus,

Anyways who would win in an all out fight

Kadesh
EDIT, i forgot to specified this is full powered galactus

Utrigita
Full powered Galactus is said to rival eternitys power now I don't believe that PF could bring down Eternity therefore Galactus.

Terryc250
Phoenix > Galactus..

Kadesh
Originally posted by Terryc250
Phoenix > Galactus.. And please state why, galactus was described as the most powerful creature in the universe save for the others like the celestials.

Was galactus using his full strength, was galactus using everything he had, was galactus at his peak at the time he fought the phoenix? Had he been fully powered he would not only have killed the phoenix but killed billions of people in the galaxy, come on he can shift entire galaxies at will or can even open a wormhole to send the phoenix to another realm.

Seriously phoenix is the most overrated character i have seen yet. Thats like saying "Phoenix is teh uber and > the one above all" just because i say so. And please, dont even talk about galactus using the IG

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kadesh
And please state why, galactus was described as the most powerful creature in the universe save for the others like the celestials.

Was galactus using his full strength, was galactus using everything he had, was galactus at his peak at the time he fought the phoenix? Had he been fully powered he would not only have killed the phoenix but killed billions of people in the galaxy, come on he can shift entire galaxies at will or can even open a wormhole to send the phoenix to another realm.

Seriously phoenix is the most overrated character i have seen yet. Thats like saying "Phoenix is teh uber and > the one above all" just because i say so. And please, dont even talk about galactus using the IG

Agree with you all the way I am just wondering if you mean that full powered Galactus wouldn't be capable of stopping the celestials, which he full powered should easily be capable of doing now normal powerlevels the entire race vs him alone he would go down 1-10 celestial vs him normal powerlevels would probably win.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm certain this has been done . . .

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm certain this has been done . . .

durfist

Utrigita
Yes it has but it is always funny big grin

(When is Galactic Storm coming running in here guns blazing confused )

Kadesh
Originally posted by Utrigita
Agree with you all the way I am just wondering if you mean that full powered Galactus wouldn't be capable of stopping the celestials, which he full powered should easily be capable of doing now normal powerlevels the entire race vs him alone he would go down 1-10 celestial vs him normal powerlevels would probably win. Well full powered galactus will own anyone, maybe with being full powered he can take down a few of the celestials but certeinly not the one above all and the elites.

guy222
Yes it has but it is always funny big grin

(When is Galactic Storm coming running in here guns blazing confused )

U have a blessed week smile wavehi2

Thanos_THOTU
FP Galactus = Eternity > Phoenix > Galactus

Galatus wins anyways, mainly because he have the Ultimate Nullifier.

Galan007
I'm certain this has been done . . . That's because it has. smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=421319&highlight=phoenix+v.s.+Galactus

Utrigita
Well full powered galactus will own anyone, maybe with being full powered he can take down a few of the celestials but certeinly not the one above all and the elites.

Please, Kadesh at full power the rival eternity in power, eternity who created the Celestials, Now if you mean take them down then I agree that is difficuelt but destroying there form as we see them isn't gonna be hard to him.

I believe that fed he rivals any single celestial (exitar Tiamut and so on), normal celestials would be easier to take them down hence my statement about 1-10 if it is exitar then he is gonna to have a fight on this neck but I believe that he could win it.

ragesRemorse
if phoenix calls in batman it's no contest, galactus would eat them both.

BaptizedAtheist
Have this fight not happened before? With Phoenix as the winner?

Galan007
Originally posted by BaptizedAtheist
Have this fight not happened before? With Phoenix as the winner? yes

BaptizedAtheist
I thought so... Phoenix have telekinesis in dimensions beyond our belief. No matter how impossible it may seem, she should take Galactus.

Mr Master
Originally posted by BaptizedAtheist
Have this fight not happened before? With Phoenix as the winner?

Phoenix defeated a starving Galactus.

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/1162/g1ha2.th.jpg
"I have NEED of SUSTENANCE"

Phoenix even knows she's fighting a HUNGRY (WEAK) Galactus

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9302/g2qw8.th.jpg
"You have NOT the Strength to Continue this conflict"

BaptizedAtheist
Well, THAT changes everything. Galactus > Phoenix.

Kutulu
The Phoenix attacked starving Galactus before he could even finish his meal of the planet he was trying to feast upon.

That would be like you walking around in the desert for a few days, hungry, tired, weak, seeing a restaurant with a nice 3 course meal with air conditioned seating. You go in, sit down, start to take the first bite, and in walks this B1tch and attacks you with a broomstick while you're trying to sip at your freshly poured cinammon latte with nonfat soymilk foam.

BaptizedAtheist
I changed my mind. Galactus wins, then.

Such points of view won't show who would triumph in a true fight

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Kutulu
The Phoenix attacked starving Galactus before he could even finish his meal of the planet he was trying to feast upon.

That would be like you walking around in the desert for a few days, hungry, tired, weak, seeing a restaurant with a nice 3 course meal with air conditioned seating. You go in, sit down, start to take the first bite, and in walks this B1tch and attacks you with a broomstick while you're trying to sip at your freshly poured cinammon latte with nonfat soymilk foam.

Well that may be a bit extreme, but continuing with the analogy, even after the waitress bitches you out, you still drop knowledge on her that causes her to quit her job, while you at last can now satisfy your famished self.

And so did Galactus tell the phoenix that she is no better than he is, and perhaps even worse, in the fact that she takes life in order to survive. Reallizing this for the first time the phoenix leaves with her head hung low, and Galactus proceeds to consume the planet, as originally intended.

What If...
Lol, those two scans don't make a big enough difference for everyone to start changing their minds.

As proven in a lengthy thread in the 'comic book forum,' Galactus has never been shown at full power - so "full powered Galactus" (assuming full powered = not hungry) doesn't really exist - any battle that involves Galactus means he's hungry.

Kadesh
Originally posted by What If...
Lol, those two scans don't make a big enough difference for everyone to start changing their minds.

As proven in a lengthy thread in the 'comic book forum,' Galactus has never been shown at full power - so "full powered Galactus" (assuming full powered = not hungry) doesn't really exist - any battle that involves Galactus means he's hungry. A starving galactus focuses on feeding on a planet. And there is no such thing as "really doesnt exist". Possibilities are never to be ignored and do you think if galactus were to face the phoenix he would go to fight her starving? He would get wacked because he is weakened.
Thats like saying a boxer only fights when he is hungry, and when he is hungry and starving he has no energy to fight and therefore would get beat up by some one of the same level and in this case phoenix. If the boxer eats and gets energised, he can beat his opponent, provided he gives everything he got which in this case, galactus did not

The thing is the PF is always fighting at its best. Have we ever actually see galactus fight with everything he has? All i saw in that fight was him shooting that stupid beam where fast opponents have dodged, he didnt try to drain her, he did use TK and he certeinly didnt create a worm whole which can shift an entire galaxy.

Had he done that, he would have destroyed thousands of other planets in the galaxy and thus no more planets to feed on, and with nothing to feed on he dies. Get it?

What If...
First off, this is Rachel fighting Galactus...Jean Grey would do much worse to him. yes

Ironic that you would mention that. Galactus purposely went to Earth for the sole purpose of defeating the Phoenix.In Excalibur #25 Galactus is not mentioned to be starving, and he is still defeated.

That's false, and completely pulled out of your ass with no evidence. A Phoenix fighting at its best would demolish "an entire cosmos" As shown in this scan, taken from Excalibur #25. Please take note of Galactus basically admitting Phoenix is stronger.
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4919/admitsshesstrongerbc4.th.jpg

Here, it is STATED that Phoenix is a threat to Galactus' survival.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/778/threatja7.th.jpg

And please, stop with the stupid analogies...they really don't pertain to this debate.

Terryc250
Dark Phoenix > not full powered galactus
Full powered Galactus =/> Dark Phoenix
Phoenix of white crown > Full powered Galactus

Kadesh

Ironic that you would mention that. Galactus purposely went to Earth for the sole purpose of defeating the Phoenix.In Excalibur #25 Galactus is not mentioned to be starving, and he is still defeated. Again does that change the fact that galactus was not at full power, that he gave his best shot? You cant disprove that. Neither can you disprove what i said. And just because galactus was not mentioned to be starving it doesnt mean he wasnt. Galactus would rival eternity at full power

That's false, and completely pulled out of your ass with no evidence. A Phoenix fighting at its best would demolish "an entire cosmos" As shown in this scan, taken from Excalibur #25. Please take note of Galactus basically admitting Phoenix is stronger.
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4919/admitsshesstrongerbc4.th.jpg

Again we have never seen galactus at his peak, and i specifically stated in this thread that it IS full powered galactus. Hasnt it been proven time and again that phoenix > normal galactus? Because the galactus in that scan was obviously the normal galactus. How bout draining a thousand planets before fighting the phoenix, according to marvel.com it amplifies his strength greatly, the more planet he drains before starving = to the more powerful he becomes.

he may absorb planets more frequently to amplify his power Source: Marvel

Conversely, when he does not feed within his allotted time, his energies will dwindle and by using this quote as a backup, did he feed before facing the phoenix? Not as in one planet but many planets, if so then tell me and i will concede this point

Right, and being a threat to someones survival doesnt mean you are necessarily stronger than he is. Luke is a threat to sidious survival, yet sidious > luke

And please, stop with the stupid analogies...they really don't pertain to this debate. Please, the 2 scans the other members already proved that rachael fought a weakened galactus, i admitted Phoenix > galactus, but im talking about galactus at his peak

starlock
Phoenix for the win

been here before,boring

Kadesh
Originally posted by starlock
Phoenix for the win

been here before,boring Fanboyism, i have checked several forums and all indicated that full powered galactus rivals eternity in power, and eternity > phoenix

starlock
Fanboyism, i have checked several forums and all indicated that full powered galactus rivals eternity in power, and eternity > phoenix

Phoenix Ftw

Im the fanboy? who bumped this thread and who started another one? who in both are begging for a win for galactus,grow up,you are not cool stop trying to be

Lets see Rachel as phoenix throws nova into galactus and knocks him over HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- i love that comic

Kadesh
Phoenix Ftw
my phrase says it all

Im the fanboy? who bumped this thread and who started another one? who in both are begging for a win for galactus,grow up,you are not cool stop trying to be
No, not trying to act cool, i think you should stop trying to act tough sitting behind the computer, Begging for a win? Wrong, im debating for a win unlike you who has not contributed anything except fanboyism

Lets see Rachel as phoenix throws nova into galactus and knocks him over HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- i love that comic Lets see, according to the comic you love, it was stated galactus was weakened, and that still galactus got up and talk cock sing song, and guess what, rachael walks away with her head hung low, AWWWWWWWW

starlock
my phrase says it all
No, not trying to act cool, i think you should stop trying to act tough sitting behind the computer, Begging for a win? Wrong, im debating for a win unlike you who has not contributed anything except fanboyism

Lets see, according to the comic you love, it was stated galactus was weakened, and that still galactus got up and talk cock sing song, and guess what, rachael walks away with her head hung low, AWWWWWWWW

No sitting behind the computer and being tough is you calling people Fanboy.me responding is not

At least i dont have to imagine a full power galactus to win this one.i bet your brain is working overtime with this one

My advice dont insult anybody because of their views,ask MR Master what happens

Kadesh
No sitting behind the computer and being tough is you calling people Fanboy.me responding is not
In my point of view, retaliating to a comment is trying to act tough, which is precisely what you did

At least i dont have to imagine a full power galactus to win this one.i bet your brain is working overtime with this one
LOL i take that as a compliment

My advice dont insult anybody because of their views,ask MR Master what happens Fine then, anyways my apologies about the earlier comment

starlock
Hey Kadesh i dont hold grudges when people are sincere, so i appologize myself, i have seen you alot in the star wars threads and i respect your views,

i have seen these threads here for a while and i have not been here that long,it kinda sucks when you give your view and your labeled a fanboy,especialy when you yourself has said Phoenix is overrated
it would be easy for everyone to label you a galactus fanboy for that reason alone,anyway i responded to this this thread in a negative way because it has been done alot,not because i dont like you

No hard feelings

llagrok
But full powered Galactus was killed in the exiles comics, and they didn't even need phoenix.

Kadesh
Hey Kadesh i dont hold grudges when people are sincere, so i appologize myself, i have seen you alot in the star wars threads and i respect your views,

i have seen these threads here for a while and i have not been here that long,it kinda sucks when you give your view and your labeled a fanboy,especialy when you yourself has said Phoenix is overrated
it would be easy for everyone to label you a galactus fanboy for that reason alone,anyway i responded to this this thread in a negative way because it has been done alot,not because i dont like you

No hard feelings Yea its no problem, anyways in the SWV its where serious debates take place

Anyways like you would say, pointless to get angry over fiction stuff, no hard feelings smile

Besides, if you want to get in real debating, the star wars versus are a very good place to start, count on that lol

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
But full powered Galactus was killed in the exiles comics, and they didn't even need phoenix.

Thats out of continuity.

Kadesh
But full powered Galactus was killed in the exiles comics, and they didn't even need phoenix. Full powered galactus = eternity, and full powered galactus in exiles doesnt equal to "our" galactus as in the one we know.

Phoenix in the movies was depicted to be god like, yet in "our" phoenix, she is completely different and far stronger than the one in the movies

Get my point?

Besides why do people always refer to the phoenix as "she" when the force is actually neither male nor female?

starlock
Yea its no problem, anyways in the SWV its where serious debates take place

Anyways like you would say, pointless to get angry over fiction stuff, no hard feelings smile

Besides, if you want to get in real debating, the star wars versus are a very good place to start, count on that lol

i am old enough that i saw the first star wars movie in the theater,out of the novels i have almost every one up to 2 years ago and then i stopped,i have been a gamemaster for star wars for 15- 20 years
i even have splinter of the minds eye-which is good

When i first got here i had allready stopped roleplaying star wars and i lost the passion for it,but give me time hehe

See you there one of these days

Kadesh
i am old enough that i saw the first star wars movie in the theater,out of the novels i have almost every one up to 2 years ago and then i stopped,i have been a gamemaster for star wars for 15- 20 years
i even have splinter of the minds eye-which is good

When i first got here i had allready stopped roleplaying star wars and i lost the passion for it,but give me time hehe

See you there one of these days Hmm ok, btw do you read the SW comics? Like TOTJ and dark empire?

starlock
Hmm ok, btw do you read the SW comics? Like TOTJ and dark empire?

Yes but it was when i was loosing my passion for it so i dont have full collections,except dark empire and some minor stuff

Terryc250
Kadesh,

u keep stating that Galactus was in his weak state etc, but the phoenix that defeated galactus isnt even the strongest form of phoenix, its probably the weakest form of phoenix, If the phoenix had jeans avatar it would have beaten galactus even more.

If the Phoenix was Dark Phoenix, it wouldve been overkill,

If the Phoenix was Phoenix of the White Crown.. well u get the point since Phoenix of white crown is Phoenix at its strongest state.

llagrok
Full powered galactus = eternity, and full powered galactus in exiles doesnt equal to "our" galactus as in the one we know.

Phoenix in the movies was depicted to be god like, yet in "our" phoenix, she is completely different and far stronger than the one in the movies

Get my point?

Besides why do people always refer to the phoenix as "she" when the force is actually neither male nor female?

It's the same Galactus mate. The 616 Galactus isn't like, superior to all the others.

Kadesh
Kadesh,

u keep stating that Galactus was in his weak state etc, but the phoenix that defeated galactus isnt even the strongest form of phoenix, its probably the weakest form of phoenix, If the phoenix had jeans avatar it would have beaten galactus even more.

If the Phoenix was Phoenix of the White Crown.. well u get the point since Phoenix of white crown is Phoenix at its strongest state. Right and had it been FP galactus, the tide would turn the other way, eternity > any form of phoenix, FPG = eternity

Kadesh
It's the same Galactus mate. The 616 Galactus isn't like, superior to all the others. Oh please, then read this

Thats out of continuity.

Out of continuity = not canon

And prove it was the same galactus, right you cant, in exiles galactus was the "healer of worlds" and it contradicts 616 which is the "ravager of worlds"

llagrok

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
U have a blessed week smile wavehi2

You too big grin

Utrigita
Kadesh,

If the Phoenix was Phoenix of the White Crown.. well u get the point since Phoenix of white crown is Phoenix at its strongest state.

Would it now?

It doesn't really changes the fact that when Galactus fights his energy levels is dropping can you show me a scan of Phoenix powers dropping while fighting??? Here we have a hungry Galactus vs a weak Phoenix yet it doesn't matter since since Phoenix will never need to replenish her energies they just come to her Galactus doesn't. Now full powered Galactus would defeat both phoenix and Dark Phoenix but not phoenix of the white crown, but it is totally irrelavant since it is Galactus FP=eternity (which I doesn't think is true because Galactus can never reach full potential but continue to increase his power for as long as he like but never mind) A phoenix vs Galactus at full power would be vaporized.

xjustice69x
ill go with phoenix for the win.
he eats planets she eats stars its simple math.
if he eats 10 planets she eats 10 stars .

id369
This thread lacks Hatred and GS >_<

Darth_Erebus2
Phoenix>Eternity=FP Galactus>Celestials

Mr Master

Not in terms of a direct threat.

Indirectly though yes,

because Phoenix has the potential to destroy a Universe, thus leaving Galactus with nothing to sustain his hunger.

This is why he complained about him eating Planets while the PF can obliterate an entire Cosmos.

Mr Master
First off, this is Rachel fighting Galactus ...

Jean Grey would do much worse to him.

Perhaps White Phoenix of the Crown but no other incarnation of Phoenix has had more Phoenix power than Rachel.

The actual Phoenix Force (Avatar-less) tells Rachel,

"ALL I have become, You ARE Too"
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4920/f2bj2.th.jpg
"My Essence is Bonded to Your Spirit, the Burden of Power, will be YOURS"

The Phoenix Force itself (Avatar-less) told Rachel,

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/6269/f5uk4.th.jpg
"You are the ONE TRUE PHOENIX"

Ironic that you would mention that. Galactus purposely went to Earth for the sole purpose of defeating the Phoenix.

In Excalibur #25 Galactus is not mentioned to be starving,

and he is still defeated.

Actually Galactus's was NEVER defeated by anyone in Excalibur #25.

Big G's INTENTION was to just separate the Phoenix Force from Rachel,

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4441/pfgx3.th.jpg

but Roma told him he could NOT because,

when Galactus began this process this happened:

"Galactus the Stars .... they are going out"
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/6415/g8dh2.th.jpg

Then Roma says,

"THAT CHILD (Rachel Summers) IS PHOENIX, Living Embodiment of ONE of the Primal Forces, you can no more divide her spirit from flesh than you can life from death, there is a natural order to her being (EXISTENCE) as to yours, and all creation"

Is Roma in other words saying,

you can't separate the Phoenix from Rachel. yes

WHY?

Because "THAT CHILD (Rachel Summers) IS PHOENIX"

continues in the next post ...

Mr Master
Roma then says,

"violate at your own peril"
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/5861/g9yi2.th.jpg

Galactus then says,
"my sustenance is living Planets, the Phoenix can Obliterate an entire Cosmos"

Then Death responds with,

"and FROM that DEATH (Obliterate an entire Cosmos) bring about New Life (SPARK the Big Bang) but you're CHANGING that, BREAKING the ETERNAL PATTERN"

Galactus said, the "Phoenix CAN Obliterate AN entire Cosmos"

Death responds, "and FROM THAT Death" (Obliterate AN entire Cosmos)

"BRING about NEW LIFE" (SPARK the Big Bang)

This is the Eternal Pattern

So,

the "Eternal Pattern" is Phoenix Force's ROLE in the Universe,

to exist as the "SUSTENANCE of the STARS"
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5800/dphv3.th.jpg

and cyclically SPARK the Big Bang,

which "Obliterates a Cosmos and brings about New Life"
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/35822504460.jpg
"Phoenix is both the SPARK that IGNITES CREATION (Big Bang)

and the Final Fire that consumes it" (Obliterate an entire Cosmos)

So the "Eternal Pattern" is obviously the Phoenix Force's ROLE in the Universe, to exist as the "SUSTENANCE of the STARS"
and cyclically SPARK the Big Bang which "Obliterates a Cosmos and brings about New Life"

Galactus was about to erase the PF from existence!

ERASE the Phoenix Force, and you BREAK that Pattern.

Mr Master
When the WATCHER & DEATH said this to Galactus,

"Is that your wish Galactus? ... to condemn the Cosmos to ultimate extinction, and yourself to an Eternity in an Infinite Void, can even you endure such desolation?"
http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/7246/g10rk3.th.jpg
"unless that's what you really want? ... You've handed so many over to my care, why not lay down your burdens, and JOIN them?"

Galactus responds with,

"I am Supreme unto myself, I will NOT be bound Reaper, by Entity or Concept"

Watcher says,

"Yet Phoenix LIVES"
http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/5246/g11qd7.th.jpg
Galactus responds,

"FOR the PRESENT ... --- (What does this sound like to you?)

... the day is yours Starchilde, and with it,

an awareness of your Role (the ETERNAL PATTERN) in the Scheme of Things"

The ETERNAL PATTERN, is Phoenix's ROLE in the Universe, Galactus was going to END that PATTERN by ERASING the Phoenix Force from existence,

just like the Official Marvel Handbook clearly states, Roma,

"WARNED Galactus NOT to SLAY Phoenix II"

Phoenix II means the SECOND Phoenix, which is Rachel Summers.

SO once and for all,

the ETERNAL PATTERN was going to be BROKEN, and the STARS were GOING OUT.

and when Roma said this:

"Galactus the Stars, they are going out"

"THAT CHILD (Rachel Summers) IS PHOENIX, Living Embodiment of ONE of the Primal Forces, you can no more divide her spirit from flesh than you can life from death, there is a natural order to her being (EXISTENCE) as to yours, and all creation"

Roma was referring to Phoenix being ERASED from existence, and it's CANON!

(an excerpt from the Roma's OFFICIAL Marvel Universe Handbook Bio)
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5378/r1td3.th.jpg
Bibliography - Excalibur #25 -

"WARNED Galactus NOT to SLAY Phoenix II" (Rachel Summers)

And here is the Full Page:
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6807/r2jt4.th.jpg

Utrigita
So she was spared from death because of Galactus understanding her role in the universe.

Mr Master
So she was spared from death because of Galactus understanding her role in the universe.

Exactly. big grin

starlock
And Your opinon is just one of many

Phoenix for the win

id369
This thread STILL lacks Hatred and GS counter posting >_<

guy222
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus2
Phoenix>Eternity=FP Galactus>Celestials

IMHO. I like Celestials. Too many. They cannot 'die'

Utrigita
Originally posted by id369
This thread STILL lacks Hatred and GS counter posting >_<

It will come eventually, but the hatred is lacking because of GS missing sad

Kadesh
Hey i respect everybody views, if you want to say phoenix wins i cant do anything.

Galactus can NEVER beat any phoenix hence fourth i said FULL POWERED galactus which rivals eternity

citannah17
Originally posted by Mr Master
Perhaps White Phoenix of the Crown but no other incarnation of Phoenix has had more Phoenix power than Rachel.

The actual Phoenix Force (Avatar-less) tells Rachel,

The Phoenix Force itself (Avatar-less) told Rachel,

Actually Galactus's was NEVER defeated by anyone in Excalibur #25.

Big G's INTENTION was to just separate the Phoenix Force from Rachel,

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4441/pfgx3.th.jpg

but Roma told him he could NOT because,

when Galactus began this process this happened:

"Galactus the Stars .... they are going out"

Then Roma says,

Is Roma in other words saying,

you can't separate the Phoenix from Rachel. yes

WHY?

Because "THAT CHILD (Rachel Summers) IS PHOENIX"

continues in the next post ...

i hate to question such logic evil face but you just stated yourself that galactus planned to separate the phoenix force from rachel yet you go on in the next post to say that he was killing the phoenix force yet it states on panel he merely wished to separate its power from flesh and further proof IN ABOVE STATEMENTS when merged with the phoenix force one becomes an actually primal force and upon break this merger GALACTUS was also breaking the ETERNAL PATTERN the phoenix ROLE.

citannah17
Roma then says,

"violate at your own peril"

Galactus then says,
"my sustenance is living Planets, the Phoenix can Obliterate an entire Cosmos"

Then Death responds with,

"and FROM that DEATH (Obliterate an entire Cosmos) bring about New Life (SPARK the Big Bang) but you're CHANGING that, BREAKING the ETERNAL PATTERN"

Galactus said, the "Phoenix CAN Obliterate AN entire Cosmos"

Death responds, "and FROM THAT Death" (Obliterate AN entire Cosmos)

"BRING about NEW LIFE" (SPARK the Big Bang)

This is the Eternal Pattern

So,

the "Eternal Pattern" is Phoenix Force's ROLE in the Universe,

to exist as the "SUSTENANCE of the STARS"

and cyclically SPARK the Big Bang,

which "Obliterates a Cosmos and brings about New Life"
"Phoenix is both the SPARK that IGNITES CREATION (Big Bang)

and the Final Fire that consumes it" (Obliterate an entire Cosmos)

So the "Eternal Pattern" is obviously the Phoenix Force's ROLE in the Universe, to exist as the "SUSTENANCE of the STARS"
and cyclically SPARK the Big Bang which "Obliterates a Cosmos and brings about New Life"

Galactus was about to erase the PF from existence!

ERASE the Phoenix Force, and you BREAK that Pattern.

tell me EXACTLY where did you get that galactus was erasing the phoenix force from existence weres your panel proof were is it stated. as anyone with eyes can read it ACTUALLY STATES galactus wishes to separate the FORCE from rachel and what you seem not to understand is that while merged with the FORCE its avatar gains a cosmic importance and by breaking this form he was again as i stated in previous posts breaking the ETERNAL PATTERN now where you get he was erasing the FORCE from existence i dont know maybe you can explain to me better you could try reading the panel evidence that supports my claims.

citannah17
When the WATCHER & DEATH said this to Galactus,

"Is that your wish Galactus? ... to condemn the Cosmos to ultimate extinction, and yourself to an Eternity in an Infinite Void, can even you endure such desolation?"
http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/7246/g10rk3.th.jpg
"unless that's what you really want? ... You've handed so many over to my care, why not lay down your burdens, and JOIN them?"

Galactus responds with,

Watcher says,

"Yet Phoenix LIVES"
Galactus responds,

The ETERNAL PATTERN, is Phoenix's ROLE in the Universe, Galactus was going to END that PATTERN by ERASING the Phoenix Force from existence,

just like the Official Marvel Handbook clearly states, Roma,

"WARNED Galactus NOT to SLAY Phoenix II"

Phoenix II means the SECOND Phoenix, which is Rachel Summers.

SO once and for all,

the ETERNAL PATTERN was going to be BROKEN, and the STARS were GOING OUT.

and when Roma said this:

"Galactus the Stars, they are going out"

Roma was referring to Phoenix being ERASED from existence, and it's CANON!

(an excerpt from the Roma's OFFICIAL Marvel Universe Handbook Bio)
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5378/r1td3.th.jpg
Bibliography - Excalibur #25 -

"WARNED Galactus NOT to SLAY Phoenix II" (Rachel Summers)

And here is the Full Page:
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6807/r2jt4.th.jpg

MR MASTER i hate to burst your bubble by the last time i checked i believed PHOENIX two was RACHEL SUMMERS NOT THE PHOENIX FORCE so thank you for better supporting my case he was slaying the phoenix two in doing such a forcibly separation now tell me where did you get RACHEL SUMMERS AKA PHOENIX TWO from the phoenix force because they are not exactly the same ones a human the other's a primal force.

starlock
Phoenix wins over the imaginary full powered galactus

i have been here before hehe and still agree Phoenix wins
there is way to much proof to ignore,unless you like to imagine a full powered galactus that rivals eternity

Utrigita
well that is what we likes to imagine because it is fully possible, and I agree normal powered Galactus wouldn't stand a chance against the Phoenix, he loses energy well only in theory would she run out of energy.

Mr Master
Originally posted by citannah17
MR MASTER i hate to burst your bubble by the last time i checked i believed PHOENIX two was RACHEL SUMMERS NOT THE PHOENIX FORCE so thank you for better supporting my case he was slaying the phoenix two in doing such a forcibly separation now tell me where did you get RACHEL SUMMERS AKA PHOENIX TWO from the phoenix force because they are not exactly the same ones a human the other's a primal force.

The Phoenix Force tells Rachel,

The Phoenix Force itself told Rachel:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/p/phoenixiii.htm

"Two different beings calling themselves Phoenix and possessing extraordinary psionic powers are known to have appeared in this universe. The first was a cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force which duplicated for itself and assumed the form and consciousness of Jean Grey, who is also known as Marvel Girl, one of the original members of the X-Men, a team of superhuman mutants. The second Phoenix is a human being, Rachel Summers"

This is why we should read Comics before asssaulting claims. smile

Cosmic Flame

nvrbeenwthagirl
PF wins this hands down. Big G is powerful, but he's no PF.

Mr Master

citannah17
The Phoenix Force tells Rachel,

The Phoenix Force itself told Rachel:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/p/phoenixiii.htm

"Two different beings calling themselves Phoenix and possessing extraordinary psionic powers are known to have appeared in this universe. The first was a cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force which duplicated for itself and assumed the form and consciousness of Jean Grey, who is also known as Marvel Girl, one of the original members of the X-Men, a team of superhuman mutants. The second Phoenix is a human being, Rachel Summers"

This is why we should read Comics before asssaulting claims. smile

but your whole statement is IRREVELANT considering this conversation between rachel and the phoenix force HAPPENED AFTER the whole GALACTUS situation or maybe you should read up on your comics because you seem really CONFUSED about the situations concerning issue #25 maybe you should re-read instead of intrepeting things that aren't even on panel.

citannah17
I never claimed Galactus can defeat Phoenix in those scans,

those scans pertain to a separate debate I was having, whether or not the Phoenix Force can be Erased, evidently it can but the Universe in it's Natural State would suffer as a result.

In any case that dude reposted them, challenging the fact,

Rachel did give herself willingly, that's inconsequential concerning the Phoenix Force itself, the fact that Galactus was Erasing the PF from existence assures us it can happen.

Galactus' intention was to separate the Force from Rachel, he soon learned that was impossible, because as Roma stated, "That Child IS Phoenix"

This is why the Stars were "going out" in the Universe, because the PF in it's Natural State is the sustenance of the Stars:

And even the Natural Big Bang of a Universe, which the PF "sparks" to ignite, was threatened:

Together, this harmony is called the "Eternal Pattern"

Here it is from the Concepts and Roma herself stating exactly what I just said:

According to Death, only the beings that need Stars will die, it seems Death and higher ups are unaffected by Phoenix's non-existecne.

Meh, then again, so many uber cats can make their own Universe and sustain it themselves,

heck a whole Multiverse and more can be created by certain individuals.

The most powerful version of Galactus was from a another Timeline,

The Black Celestial messed with G' hunger, made it insatiable,

Galactus began to feed uncontrollably, the Universe was getting swallowed

and according to Reed, even entire UniverseS would not be enough calm his hunger.

you keep insisting on that the phoenix force was being erased tell me where is your proof you have none it SAYS IN THE COMIC BOOK that a separation was occuring and you know you'd think if your logic was even remotely correct if the phoenix force was actually dieing why didn't DEATH itself whom was present at this event mention this death of the phoenix force how come he didn't state once that the phoenix force was dieing explain that or why didn't the watcher state it or even roma how come she didn't say the phoenix force was dieing or shall i say being erased.

Mr Master
but your whole statement is IRREVELANT considering this conversation between rachel and the phoenix force HAPPENED AFTER the whole GALACTUS situation or maybe you should read up on your comics because you seem really CONFUSED about the situations concerning issue #25 maybe you should re-read instead of intrepeting things that aren't even on panel.

Actually you're confused homie.

I know exactly when the PF talked to Rachel

and I know exactly when Galactus was Erasing her ass from existence.

The fact still remains,

Rachel was Phoenix in BOTH occasions, same principle applies.

Mr Master
you keep insisting on that the phoenix force was being erased tell me where is your proof you have none it SAYS IN THE COMIC BOOK that a separation was occuring and you know you'd think if your logic was even remotely correct if the phoenix force was actually dieing why didn't DEATH itself whom was present at this event mention this death of the phoenix force how come he didn't state once that the phoenix force was dieing explain that or why didn't the watcher state it or even roma how come she didn't say the phoenix force was dieing or shall i say being erased.

As you wish. smile

citannah17

The fact still remains,

is it really fact or you making assuptions you know what i'll just ask one thing of you show me something a scan or panel where it EXACTLY STATES GALACTUS WAS ERASING THE PHOENIX FORCE FROM EXISTENCE and im not talking about the phoenix two i'm talking about THE PHOENIX FORCE ITSELF you can't because your either intrepeting the panels you posted wrong or as usual stating what exactly what you WANT to be on the panels even though all with EYES can clearly see you are making it up but from what i don't really know.

citannah17

The fact still remains,

actually HOMIE if you knew all of this as you claim then you wouldn't be confusing the two because according to your logic the phoenix force had already left rachel because thats when they talked BUT then why would GALACTUS show up trying to separate the two if the two had already spoken when the phoenix force left her. its simple logic really if you just THINK about it INSTEAD of making up things thats not on panel OR even stated or hinted at in the comic book itself read up on your own panels you posted then get at me.

Mr Master
show me something a scan or panel where it EXACTLY STATES GALACTUS WAS ERASING THE PHOENIX FORCE FROM EXISTENCE and im not talking about the phoenix two i'm talking about THE PHOENIX FORCE ITSELF you can't because your either intrepeting the panels you posted wrong or as usual stating what exactly what you WANT to be on the panels even though all with EYES can clearly see you are making it up but from what i don't really know.

Dude, you're buggin out.

If the Stars were TURNING OFF ... which the Phoenix Force SUSTAINS,

and the "ETERNAL PATTERN" was in jeopardy, which the Phoenix Force intiates,

WHAT does that tell you?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Look, believe what you wish,

if you didn't get the simple explanation with the evidence, circles are inevitable.

It's Friday, I'm not going to explain this simplicity over and over again. smile

Mr Master
actually HOMIE if you knew all of this as you claim then you wouldn't be confusing the two because according to your logic the phoenix force had already left rachel because thats when they talked BUT then why would GALACTUS show up trying to separate the two if the two had already spoken when the phoenix force left her. its simple logic really if you just THINK about it INSTEAD of making up things thats not on panel OR even stated or hinted at in the comic book itself read up on your own panels you posted then get at me.

Just like I finished predicting:

firefirefireph

I'm out of here, enjoy yourself. cool

Mr Master
Meh,

I'll leave you with this one.

When Galactus released the Phoenix Force,

which WAS Rachel Summers according to Roma, (and the Phoenix Force itself in later issues)

This occurs:

Galactus responds with,

Watcher says,

"Yet Phoenix LIVES"

Galactus responds,

hm

Why would the Watcher say,

"Yet Phoenix Lives"

if it's Life-Force was never in danger due to Galactus?

Galactus even replies, "For the Present" (as to say, For Now I'll let her Live)

Satisfied?

Good day friend. swank

LordKaos
The use of the word "yet" implies that regardless of what was being done to it, it was not destroyed, as in it was too powerful even for that. The way I understand it, Galactus saying for the present goes to the Phoenix cycle of death and rebirth, which he now understands when he says he knows the role the Phoenix plays.

citannah17
Meh,

which WAS Rachel Summers according to Roma, (and the Phoenix Force itself in later issues)

This occurs:

Galactus responds with,

Watcher says,

"Yet Phoenix LIVES"

Galactus responds,

hm

"Yet Phoenix Lives"

Satisfied?

Good day friend. swank

you keep speaking on phoenix yet you said the PHOENIX FORCE was being erased tell me where did you get that statement is all im asking and not you just posting countless of the same panels over and over again you have no proof so what you need to do is give up this escapade declaring the PHOENIX FORCE was being erased you say its simple YET IF WHAT YOU SAY WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING WHY DIDNT death, roma ,or the watcher say it thats right because your wrong just admit it DAMN. oh and this whole situation you keep bring up about rachel i already know she was going to die due to the separation process even NOVA said it but surprisingly enough even GALACTUS said when he first arrived was that he was going to return the PHOENIX FORCE to its natural state in the cosmos now where you got he was killing it from idk lets let the onlookers decide.

Mr Master
Originally posted by LordKaos
The use of the word "yet" implies that regardless of what was being done to it, it was not destroyed, as in it was too powerful even for that.

Actually, Galactus was never able to fully erase the PF, he was in the process.

This is why the "Stars were going out"

Galactus released her before she was erased,

after Death and Roma made him understand the Phoenix is necessary to the Universe,

like all the Abstracts.

The way I understand it, Galactus saying for the present goes to the Phoenix cycle of death and rebirth, which he now understands when he says he knows the role the Phoenix plays.

I disagree,

IMO, he meant, until further notice.

Mr Master
you keep speaking on phoenix yet you said the PHOENIX FORCE was being erased tell me where did you get that statement is all im asking and not you just posting countless of the same panels over and over again you have no proof so what you need to do is give up this escapade declaring the PHOENIX FORCE was being erased you say its simple YET IF WHAT YOU SAY WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING WHY DIDNT death, roma ,or the watcher say it thats right because your wrong just admit it DAMN. oh and this whole situation you keep bring up about rachel i already know she was going to die due to the separation process even NOVA said it but surprisingly enough even GALACTUS said when he first arrived was that he was going to return the PHOENIX FORCE to its natural state in the cosmos now where you got he was killing it from idk lets let the onlookers decide.

Just like I finished predicting:

firefirefireph

I'm out of here, enjoy yourself. cool

unknowable
Meh,

This occurs:

Galactus responds with,

Watcher says,

"Yet Phoenix LIVES"

Galactus responds,

hm

"Yet Phoenix Lives"

Satisfied?

Good day friend. swank

This is obvious. Good job Mr M thumbup

LordKaos
Actually, Galactus was never able to fully erase the PF, he was in the process.

This is why the "Stars were going out"

Galactus released her before she was erased,

after Death and Roma made him understand the Phoenix is necessary to the Universe,

like all the Abstracts.

I disagree,

IMO, he meant, until further notice.

How can you say he meant until further notice when he thinks he'll be rid of her when he hits that button, he talks some pretty big shit about not being bound by her and to the surprise of the Watcher ("Yet Phoenix Lives"wink she still lives. He says at the present then goes on about her role, he understands her now, nothing suggests he has her on notice or I'm guessing he would have said until next time. IMO he did not destroy her or show that he had the power to do so, and apparently he's not allowed to kill her if he does have the power, as to not violate some delicate balance he is bound by.

Hannibal-Lector
my understanding is the pf created galactus or at least allowed the creation of galactus.... also hasnt galactus admitted that he could devour planets but pf devours entire cosmos?

citannah17
How can you say he meant until further notice when he thinks he'll be rid of her when he hits that button, he talks some pretty big shit about not being bound by her and to the surprise of the Watcher ("Yet Phoenix Lives"wink she still lives. He says at the present then goes on about her role, he understands her now, nothing suggests he has her on notice or I'm guessing he would have said until next time. IMO he did not destroy her or show that he had the power to do so, and apparently he's not allowed to kill her if he does have the power, as to not violate some delicate balance he is bound by.

you know this is exactly what im trying to make MR MASTER understand yet he continues to say that galactus was erasing the phoenix force yet he has no proof or none of the parties at the occurence (roma, nova, death, or the watcher) states what MR MASTER claims and to even further discredit his intrepretations of the scans GALACTUS himself states exactly what he has come to do SEPARATE THE FORCE FROM RACHEL nothing more.

starlock
Some questions

How did phoenix get into his machine?
Any body relealize he is using technology?

citannah17
Some questions

oh the phoenix ALLOWED galactus to capture her because she realized her friends would be in danger and even so she points out she had better hurry and get it over with before she changed her mind and decided galactus is the one who should be making an exit.

button
phoenix has defeated him before, and lousy arguments dont matters as much as the official shit

Utrigita
you know this is exactly what im trying to make MR MASTER understand yet he continues to say that galactus was erasing the phoenix force yet he has no proof or none of the parties at the occurence (roma, nova, death, or the watcher) states what MR MASTER claims and to even further discredit his intrepretations of the scans GALACTUS himself states exactly what he has come to do SEPARATE THE FORCE FROM RACHEL nothing more.

It is theory on my part, I know very little about the Phoenix Force but it is possible that a forced seperation would hurt it and possibly kill it.

Utrigita
Some questions

Isn't he allowed to use technology in the battle?

Creshosk
Enernity IS a universe. The Phoenix of the White Crown can manipulate universes fairly easily. As was shown when the "here comes tomorrow" universe was seperated from the 616 universe.

Phoenix of the White Crown>Eternity=full powered Galactus

Full powered Phoenix > Full powered Galactus

LordKaos
It is theory on my part, I know very little about the Phoenix Force but it is possible that a forced separation would hurt it and possibly kill it.

IMO the separation would cause more damage to the one trying to separate it, the Shi'ar caused a forced separation of a piece of Phoenix in EndSong and all they managed to do was drive it insane, putting everything else in danger. The Force comes back whenever the consciousness dictates it must, you just can't kill it, that's why marvel used the phoenix myth to illustrate the perpetual existence of the Phoenix Force.

Utrigita
IMO the separation would cause more damage to the one trying to separate it, the Shi'ar caused a forced separation of a piece of Phoenix in EndSong and all they managed to do was drive it insane, putting everything else in danger. The Force comes back whenever the consciousness dictates it must, you just can't kill it, that's why marvel used the phoenix myth to illustrate the perpetual existence of the Phoenix Force.

Possibly but Galactus technology far outweights that of the shiar perhaps it would give a edge ore something

LordKaos
I still think it would cause more damage to the universe than it would the Phoenix, separating the Phoenix from it's host or avatar only causes it to be manifested in the physical plane without a consciousness, making it a parasitic creature that feeds on life unborn in order to exist, including the unborn life of whoever will become Galactus in the next universe, and so on and so forth ad infinitum.

Creshosk
Possibly but Galactus technology far outweights that of the shiar perhaps it would give a edge ore something But would it be enough of an edge to do more that make it give way to its darker tendencies? If so, how do you know for certain?

citannah17
It is theory on my part, I know very little about the Phoenix Force but it is possible that a forced seperation would hurt it and possibly kill it.

thats the same thing MR MASTER says but i just dont think it can killed seeing as it was never stated in the comic that is was dieing or even being hurt the comic said galactus wished to RETURN the force to its natural state within the cosmos but what galactus didn't realize is that forcibly trying to separate the force from its host will cause the universe destruction well atleast its becoming void. i just dont get where everyone gets the force was dieing because sense DEATH was actually present you'd think it would have mention the force's demise.

starlock
Isn't he allowed to use technology in the battle?

i guess so, but there are no stipulations made, and i dont see galactus having time to create a device that phoenix will voluntarily get into ,is it really a feat to use in galactus's favor? i see it as a better feat for Phoenix, with all the showing phoenix has over galactus,i dont think his first action(s) will be to create a device to seperate phoenix from its host,while getting attacked...Prep time is another thing all together

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.