The Good Shepherd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Quite possibly the most boring movie I have ever seen.

And I'm not even exaggerating.

Thoughts?

Dusty
Really? Ahhh. Bad news.

exanda kane
I did want to see it. With De Niro directing I thought it could be good. I'm going to keep an open mind as "it's the most boring film I've ever seen" is hardly a deep, analytical comment.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by exanda kane
I did want to see it. With De Niro directing I thought it could be good. I'm going to keep an open mind as "it's the most boring film I've ever seen" is hardly a deep, analytical comment.

Well, I don't want to give you the wrong impression; I'm not some dumbass guy who just can't appreciate a plot-driven film.

I didn't go into the film expecting much action/explosions or anything, but I DID expect an in-depth plot that would draw me in and make me at least a bit interested as to what the outcome would be.

The Cons:

- The film's 3 hours long, which is far too long for something with so little intrigue.

- Matt Damon's performance was very wooden. I usually like him in most movies, but here he was just so bland... Not only was it unentertaining to watch, it also made me lack the ability to sympathize or otherwise care for his character.

- Robert DeNiro only has a very small amount of screen-time. Now I understand he was the director first and foremost, but I guess I expected a bit more of him in the actual movie as well. It could've made it more tolerable.

- The actor who plays Matt Damon's son is creepy as hell... it literally distracted me from the film.

- The movie really is boring. And I don't just mean slow, because if a slow film has good content, it can still turn out to be a good film. This one just lacked any sort of interesting plot OR characters in which I would expect from a "spy" or "CIA" flick. The plot was there, but it may as well not have been... I just found myself not caring.

The Pros:

-Angelina Jolie is hot.

SnakeEyes
bump

Mr Parker
for once I agree with you.This movie has got to be the most boring dumbest movie of the year.Deniro needs to stick to acting.It started off promising enough but it was stupid the way they kept constantly going back in time over and over again.The previews made it look great.It sounded promising enough,that they would get into detail about how evil an organization the CIA is when they said in the previews-"We invent wars." which is what the CIA does but that was about the most interesting part about it and how they briefly explained how people who come out of skull and bones wind up as crooked senators and CIA but they could have gone into much much more detail about it.way too long and boring for a damn 3 hour long movie.save your money folks.I agree the best part about it was the hot looking Angelina Jolie. big grin

=Tired Hiker=
I consider it to be the best most boring movie I have ever seen. I thought the performances were fine, the story was good, but it was just too damn long and boring. I almost wrote to De Niro and asked him to give me back those three hours of my life I spent watching the film, but even attempting that would be useless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.