Dreamcatcher is way Underrated !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rockycairns
anyone agree this was a pretty decent film it had a bit of everything

good action
good script
god actors and acting
good direction
good cinematography

it overall was a good movie i liked it and was never bored while watching it i dont understand why everyone dislikes it

Jason Lee died a little too early for my liking though mad

and i wanted Timothy Olyphant to survive the movie sad

Kinneary
Well, I don't know if you've read the book, but it was way better. Honestly, the book totally ruined the movie for me, because there was just too much left out. I guess if I'd seen the movie first, I might have liked it, but no such luck.

manorastroman
actually, they both suck. common misconception.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by Kinneary
Well, I don't know if you've read the book, but it was way better. Honestly, the book totally ruined the movie for me, because there was just too much left out. I guess if I'd seen the movie first, I might have liked it, but no such luck. i have to agree with that, i saw the movie first and liked it alot.

Solo
I hate it with a passion, the book was pretty silly too.

Dreamt
Originally posted by dave_kodak
i have to agree with that, i saw the movie first and liked it alot.

rockycairns
it was very entertaining in my opinion

doomsday49
Originally posted by Kinneary
Well, I don't know if you've read the book, but it was way better. Honestly, the book totally ruined the movie for me, because there was just too much left out. I guess if I'd seen the movie first, I might have liked it, but no such luck.

agreed! I'm sure a lot of people who went to see the movie also read the book, and if they did, that might be the reason for the poor ratings.

rockycairns
it may not be the best Stephen King adaption but its a pretty good one

Hearts in Atlantis is another very underrated Stephen King adaption

manorastroman
it's just a half-assed retread of the conceptual territory covered in the far, far superior "IT". and duddits being an alien? that's stupid.

rockycairns
i havent read the book so please clear this up for me

is Duddits an alien in the book because the tone of the last posters message doesnt seem as if the film got it right

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by rockycairns
anyone agree this was a pretty decent film it had a bit of everything

good action
good script
god actors and acting
good direction
good cinematography

it overall was a good movie i liked it and was never bored while watching it i dont understand why everyone dislikes it

Jason Lee died a little too early for my liking though mad

and i wanted Timothy Olyphant to survive the movie sad

I haven't read the book or seen the films, but hey at least I know who dies in the movie now. Nice spoilers! mad

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by manorastroman
it's just a half-assed retread of the conceptual territory covered in the far, far superior "IT". and duddits being an alien? that's stupid.

I dont get how you came to this conclusion. Was it the friendship aspect? Telling the story through two different generations. Because, these two books were nothing alike. I thought the book was very well written. It had far better direction than IT. Dreamcatcher kind of came out of left field when reading the book as a king fan. Though some of the story was fantastical it tied together perfectly. As stunning and atmospheric as IT is, 45% of the story could easily have been edited out of the book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.