The Starter Wife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Walfredo
Has anyone seen the commercials for this on USA? I feel like I see them all the time now. I saw on the website that the movie comes out this summer. The website also had stories from woman about their real life similar experiences. At first they made me a bit sad but they are good because they show that they over came it all.

But I digress.....does anyone else know anything about this?

bitca360
The Starter Wife is a 2007 USA Network Television mini-series, starring Debra Messing and based on the novel of the same name by Gigi Levangie Grazer. The story is about Molly Kagan (Messing) putting together a new life and defining herself after years of marriage to a Hollywood studio head.

An ex-wife of a Hollywood studio boss starts her life after her divorce. Based on the novel by Gigi Levangie Grazer.

Thats pretty much all I've found about it...I didn't know if it was a movie or a new series until recently...

Walfredo
Yeah I found out that it was based on the Book by Grazer, one of my coworkers actually just finished reading it and really enjoyed the book. I think I will read it too because the mini movie/series will be premiering soon. I was interested in tuning in to watch this because I was a Messing fan but I just checked out the website again and it looks like they have so much going on like giveaways and contest with this movie. It seems like the movie/series is going to be a big thing. I know they have me intrigued.

SpaceMonkey
Debra Messing is a godaweful actress. How does she still have a career?

Walfredo
If she was so bad I do not think she would have been around this long. I think she is pretty talented myself, but there will be other actors/actresses to look out for in this new flick I know I am looking forward to seeing Anika Noni Rose and Joe Mantegna ( I wish Joan of Arcadia was still on)

SpaceMonkey
Remember how long Anna Nicole was around on TV? She was not even an adequate actress, so longevity doesn't really matter.

Walfredo
you do have a point SpaceMonkey but I still think she is fun and refreshing and I am really looking forward to seeing her in this upcoming mini movie on USA. I think along with her and the cast it should make out to be a good movie/series

Joe K
Never even heard of this one smile

Walfredo
Here is the trailer Joe:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2mkKIjKAyL8

Maybe this will help you.

enjoyyrworries
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Debra Messing is a godaweful actress. How does she still have a career?

She won't for long. After The Wedding Date, her career started to bomb, and now she's making made-for-TV movies. On USA, LOL.

Walfredo
So doing TV movies is a bad thing now? and last I checked she was on TV, Movies and TV movies and that ain't half bad to me.

I know I am looking forward to seeing the movie/miniseries. Messing is great but she is not he only actress that will be featured in the movie. I think there is some good talent there and I am looking forward to seeing them allsmile

enjoyyrworries
Originally posted by Walfredo
So doing TV movies is a bad thing now? and last I checked she was on TV, Movies and TV movies and that ain't half bad to me.

I know I am looking forward to seeing the movie/miniseries. Messing is great but she is not he only actress that will be featured in the movie. I think there is some good talent there and I am looking forward to seeing them allsmile

When you go from the big screen to made-for-TV movies, uh, yeah, it shows that your career is going down the drain.

Walfredo
Originally posted by enjoyyrworries
When you go from the big screen to made-for-TV movies, uh, yeah, it shows that your career is going down the drain.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I still do not think her career is over because she is doing a TV film that could possibly turn into a series if there is a high enough demand. I personally am looking forward to seeing this one not only because I like Messing but because the rest of the cast is pretty good too. The mini series looks like a winner to me

ariwin
Wow, old thread! Anyway, I'm resurrecting because this miniseries is coming back as a series this fall. It got all sorts of awards nods, and Judy Davis won an Emmy for best supporting, so it was seriously successful. I ended up watching it online and I got pretty hooked -- particularly by how Debra Messing and her supporting cast all interacted, which is why it's awesome that two of her best friends in the miniseries are returning for the show (including Davis, squee!)

It's premiering Oct. 10 -- anyone else planning on watching?

BruceSkywalker
ONE NAME...Debra Messing

ariwin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
ONE NAME...Debra Messing

LOL, Bruce... I don't know what that means! I like Debra Messing sometimes and sometimes not, but she was absolutely fabulous in the miniseries of Starter Wife. So I fully trust she's going to be equally fabulous in the new season. Plus I'm kinda in love with her friend Rodney. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.