strike gundam vs. wing gundam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jake hamoy
..........................don't know who's gonna win

Galvaclaw
I'm thinking Wing. Strike wouldn't survive the buster rifle.

Darkstorm Zero
Ditto

JLred
Originally posted by jake hamoy
..........................don't know who's gonna win
No, Megas XLR kicks every robots ass....

Darkstorm Zero
I thought that was Voltron... those guys have the ultimate plot defeater!

Kero_Co
Strikes phase shift armor gives strike a big advantage, I see it coming down to a sword match with Wing as the winner because the zero system is always on, while seed mode doesn't happen often and lacks longevity.

Darkstorm Zero
The standard Wing Gundam: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/mecha/xxxg-01w-1.jpg Never had the Zero System.

However, Wing has some serious advantages over the Strike, for example;

#1: the Strike had only limited time before it's batteries ran dry...

#2: The Phase Shift Armour only worked on solid projectile weaponry, yet punches and kicks still worked on it, and Wing was viciously powerful in terms of power.

#3: The majority of Wing's weaponry was energy based. Phase Shift Armour won't work against the Buster Rifle or the Beam Sabers.

#4: Gundanium Alloy was INCREDIBLY difficult to destroy, it took Libra's main cannon to down Wing permanently.

#5: The Strike cannot fly... it's limited to prolonged jumping, hovering and gliding, while Wing has full flight capability, thats a MASSIVE advantage in favour of Wing.

#6: Even though Kira is a co-ordinator, a newtype, and has SEED mode, he has no actual experience or training, he was mostly learning as he went while piloting the Strike, while Heero was expertly trained, vastly skilled, and utterly merciless, the guy has enough experience to run circles around Kira.

Psyquis52
Despite all that expert training Heero has received I still think Kira has an advantage from a cockpit perspective. The controls are more refined and easier to manipulate in the Strike.
You can also pretty easily assume that the Seed mode will even the odds slightly.

I say those things but I still think the Strike is ill-equipped for this battle. I can't paint many scenarios where it would win.

Darkstorm Zero
Firstly, whats that based on? secondly, thats entirely based on oppinion, since Heero has manipulated the controls of Wing with equal ese and skill as Kira in the Strike.

SEED's effectiveness becomes limited, because it's time based, it only remains active for short bursts, whereas Heero's experience and training are always there.

Kero_Co
I think this fight would have been better off if Seed and Seed Destiny didn't completely sucked donkey balls. I hated Kira's,Fllay's,and Shin's personalities, and Athrun was only OK. I have high hopes for OO though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.