Marvel Universe Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
A new game for X-box 360 and PC

Trailer:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/760/760103/vids_1.html

Some features:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Universe_Online

This game is gong to be wicked!!!!!
w00tw00t

marvelprince
Damn that looks awesome. Think I'm gonna have to commit to a 360 now

Alfheim
Damnnn...you know what would be really awesome...if you could make you're own character and put it in the universe.

juggernaut66666
I really hope that Surfer will be available......droolio

lordboo
when is it out?

juggernaut66666
Only in 2008.sad

Thanos_THOTU
How the ... I this spose to be a MMORPG?
I mean there's going to be like 100 Hulk's running around if I've gotten it correctly.

lordboo
if its the marvel universe does that mean every character?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Alfheim
Damnnn...you know what would be really awesome...if you could make you're own character and put it in the universe.

Indeed.

Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
How the ... I this spose to be a MMORPG?
I mean there's going to be like 100 Hulk's running around if I've gotten it correctly.

Original characters.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Original characters.
So what you're basicly saying is that there is only gonna be one of each cheacter?
So there is only going to be like 100 players per server?
That's not a MMO ...

Morridini
Yeah I don't quite see how they will make this work, maybe they will do something silly like making us only play S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, new low level mutants etc and letting the big-shots being NPCs.

DigiMark007
So...

A teaser trailer with no in-game footage and everyone's ready to sell their souls for a 360??

Wait until the reviews come out, they screw up a bunch of play-balance issues, there's lag on the servers, and Level 60 Spider-Man can beat Galactus....then tell me you're interested.

So I'm watching. But not sold just yet.

BaptizedAtheist
As Digi said.
The trailers are made to make you buy the game, and just buying it without checking it makes them succesfull.
In all honestly, comicbased games nearly always sucks

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
So what you're basicly saying is that there is only gonna be one of each cheacter?
So there is only going to be like 100 players per server?
That's not a MMO ...

No. I'm assuming (I really don't see how they could do it any other way) that players will make their own original characters, and there will only be one of each established character, which would be NPCs.

That way, it would be an MMO.

Originally posted by BaptizedAtheist
As Digi said.
The trailers are made to make you buy the game, and just buying it without checking it makes them succesfull.
In all honestly, comicbased games nearly always sucks

Though, City of Heroes didn't suck. And this will probably be similar to that.

Magee
Chances are it will be a lot like City of Heroes. Make your own char with your own powers etc only difference being you will be playing in the marvel world. Although I could just imagine a guild full of Hulks and shit... no expression

NiņoAraņa
i got dibs on spider-man....digi, i'll fight you for him no expression

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Magee
Chances are it will be a lot like City of Heroes. Make your own char with your own powers etc only difference being you will be playing in the marvel world. Although I could just imagine a guild full of Hulks and shit... no expression
I think it's being made by the City of Heroes people. In fact, I think it'll be exactly like City of Heroes sans the fear of being sued by Marvel. Thus lacking the need to have rip-off characters and places.

I can't bother to recheck this though for I am too lazy.

DigiMark007
Forget Spidey. I wanna be Longshot. It would easily be the most annoying thing ever to fight against me.

cool

Redatom65
old, anyway I got dibs on Nightcrawler

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Forget Spidey. I wanna be Longshot. It would easily be the most annoying thing ever to fight against me.

cool yesssss no competition....laughing

pr1983
if it was possible, cyclops for me... though the possibility isn't a huge one... sad

Morridini

Alfheim
Im gonna be Darkling or the shroud. I hate Darklings mask though.

Martian_mind
I'll have Martian Manhunter.

What?I'll make it work.

lordboo
if everybody is having dibs on characters ill take the living tribunal or galactus either way I'm not bothered ,if know body mindsHappy Dance

Alfheim
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I'll have Martian Manhunter.

What?I'll make it work.

Ok its you're right to like DC, but pppplease your gonna put a DC character in a MARVEL online game....Hell no!

Originally posted by lordboo
if everybody is having dibs on characters ill take the living tribunal or galactus either way I'm not bothered ,if know body mindsHappy Dance

that sux. You're just gonna pick the most powerful characters?

lordboo
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ok its you're right to like DC, but pppplease your gonna put a DC character in a MARVEL online game....Hell no!

that sux. You're just gonna pick the most powerful characters?
it was a joke big grin the one above all is still free if you want that?

Alfheim
Originally posted by lordboo
it was a joke big grin

doh

You know what...I actually think you can pick Galactus. I saw him in the trailer.

Anywhow Id be Darkling or The Shroud. Apparently Darkling is called Asylum now.

Psyquis52
I'll take Darkhawk. There shouldn't be any competition there...yet.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Morridini
No!
Spidey belongs to me!
You are welcome to be Ben Reilly though. yeah, ok, no.

no expression

digi personally said he'd kill anyone who'd oppse meno expression

what, it was in a PM shifty

pr1983
This was shut down... sad

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/02/11/microsofts-shane-kim-on-fable-2-why-marvel-mmo-was-canceled-and-more/

LORD B
pissed2someone gonna pay for thisaufsmaul0

llagrok
Damn Microsoft...

willRules
I blame the CIA.....

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I'll take Darkhawk. There shouldn't be any competition there...yet.

lol You can have him.....wack.

DigiMark007
Damnit.

iceman24567
laughing Happy Dance hysterical

Astner
There are like a few hundred heroes and characters in Marvel, there will probably be multiple thousands people playing.
I don't see how this could work out good.

I mean Digimon Online has the explanation that there exists many digimons of the same spicies that can be trained.
Warcraft has the explanation that there are armies of warriors and magicians, the player just being one of the lot.
Same goes for all these other games: Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest and so forth.

But each hero in Marvel is unique with unique abilities, unless there's something that ****s up the time-stream in the universe where people are palying then I don't see how this can be solved.
And going by advances (levels and alike) which you gain throughout playing, Spider-man is not a thousand times more powerful today than he was 5 years ago. Which will probably the case for one that has played the game for 5 years.

Astner
Originally posted by pr1983
This was shut down... sad

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/02/11/microsofts-shane-kim-on-fable-2-why-marvel-mmo-was-canceled-and-more/
That's good (seriously, this isn't online gaming material)

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Astner
There are like a few hundred heroes and characters in Marvel, there will probably be multiple thousands people playing.
I don't see how this could work out good.

I mean Digimon Online has the explanation that there exists many digimons of the same spicies that can be trained.
Warcraft has the explanation that there are armies of warriors and magicians, the player just being one of the lot.
Same goes for all these other games: Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest and so forth.

But each hero in Marvel is unique with unique abilities, unless there's something that ****s up the time-stream in the universe where people are palying then I don't see how this can be solved.
And going by advances (levels and alike) which you gain throughout playing, Spider-man is not a thousand times more powerful today than he was 5 years ago. Which will probably the case for one that has played the game for 5 years.

Most of those complaints could be aimed at Ultimate Alliance too, but it does fine.

And multiple Spideys (or anyone) wouldn't really be a problem. It's not like it would be in continuity. Besides, with numerous servers it wouldn't be a big deal anyway.

pr1983
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Most of those complaints could be aimed at Ultimate Alliance too, but it does fine.

And multiple Spideys (or anyone) wouldn't really be a problem. It's not like it would be in continuity. Besides, with numerous servers it wouldn't be a big deal anyway.

aye... there are enough marvel characters to go around for each server...

even for me, if i didnt get to be cyclops, i'd be perfectly happy as colossus, yellowjacket, silver surfer, hawkeye or thor...

there's more than enough imo...

Phantom Zone

even for me, if i didnt get to be cyclops, i'd be perfectly happy as colossus, yellowjacket, silver surfer, hawkeye or thor...

there's more than enough imo...

It could work especially if you could have your own version of Spiderman ie you could still be Spiderman but with a different costume.

Newjak

there's more than enough imo... I'm all about being the Juggernaut or Thor stick out tongue

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Newjak
I'm all about being the Juggernaut or Thor stick out tongue yet you still don't have a sig to rep Juggz...

pr1983
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
It could work especially if you could have your own version of Spiderman ie you could still be Spiderman but with a different costume.

yup, that works too... clone saga ftw...

I'm all about being the Juggernaut or Thor stick out tongue

you want colossus, you just won't admit it... biscuits

Newjak
yup, that works too... clone saga ftw...

you want colossus, you just won't admit it... biscuits I like Colossus but I like the Juggernaut better stick out tongue

ankur29
hulk/red hulk/sentry!

marvel are so gay for not contiuing with this it sounded really promising

pr1983
I like Colossus but I like the Juggernaut better stick out tongue

i know, i wont hold it against you...

Newjak
i know, i wont hold it against you... Hold it against me?
mad

But I guess it's alright I don't hold it against you that you're a Cyclops fan stick out tongue

pr1983
Hold it against me?
mad

But I guess it's alright I don't hold it against you that you're a Cyclops fan stick out tongue

coming from a juggernaut fan, that means alot... wink

Newjak
coming from a juggernaut fan, that means alot... wink pr sucks no expression

llagrok
Whoooh, I'd totally try to get Hellion or X-man.

pr1983
pr sucks no expression

no real come back for that one i guess...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.