Another scary thing lurking in the shadows...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PadmeSkywalker
Let's see, the total novice that I am try to help everyone here understand me better.

Here are some facts, that basically everyone knows about me.

1. Star Wars, enough said. If only people could see my room. My boyfriend thinks it's funny that I managed to get posters on the ceiling after running out of room on my walls.

2. Lord of the Rings, what more could someone want from a a trilogy of books. I read them a long time ago, and finally decided to start reading them again. My boyfriend and I agree, if you want a good trivia question, run to LOTR.

3. My deepest and most profound dislike of pop music. If I hear another thing about Britney Spears, I will just have to throw my car stereo out the window as I'm driving to school.

4. John Williams, if only I could get my 13 year old neice to apperciate him!

5. Theatre, yes I am a theatre geek! Actually, this is how one of my nicknames orginated during my freshman year of high school. I became the Stage Goddess....and this does include every Blonde/Canadian joke that people can think of being thrown at me. *Technically I am not Blonde, I have blonde highlights that as my b/f says, "Have gone through my skull and taken over my brain."*

6. I'm very passive.

7. I am a Leo, so I'm a great person to be friends with.

8. Natalie Portman, my favorite actress. Followed by Julia Stiles, Meg Ryan, and Susan Sharandon.

9. Harrison Ford, everyone loves Han! Other favorite actors include: Hayden Christensen, Frank Oz ( He's my hero!), and Mel Brooks.

10. Finally, here's one of my reasons Star Wars is better than Star Trek:

"Force Lightning, enough said." Jedi Will....hehe smile

Dexx
Big hello there...
I too share u'r 1, 2, 3s....just that my room looks normal.big grin

mah
hooowdyho. those facts don't look too bad. welcome ,and post away

Ushgarak
Howdy there! Thanlks for the comprehensive intro; hope you enjoy being around here!

PadmeSkywalker
Thanks, glad there are others out there that shar at least my 1,2, and 3's.

mah
and nr.4 too for me..and natalie portmansmile

PadmeSkywalker
John Williams, without him, movies would seem less interesting....well that podracing scene would have been boring in Episode One, and let's not forget Duel of Fates....and Indiana Jones.....

Captain REX
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Padme! smile

I share 1-4 (except my room is kinda dull...), 9 (for Ford and Oz), and 10. smile big grin

PadmeSkywalker
Well I took a lot of time putting my room together. I mean, the posters on the ceiling, now there was a challenge, considering I am 5'4'' and I was standing on a chair, and still missed my ceiling by like 3 inches....I had to have him hang up those, he's like 6'1'' and he stood on the chair and hit his head on the ceiling. Thankful there is someone else who shares no. 10....almost everyone shared 1-4....

Captain REX
I would love to see Capt. Picard writhe in pain from Dooku's Lightning. laughing out loud evil face laughing out loud

PadmeSkywalker
Yeah that would be good!!!

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
No Trek bashing in the welcome area. So decrees God.

PadmeSkywalker
Fine, we shall not bash on Spock....if it makes you feel any better, my sister is a Trekkie......

Ushgarak
Is that why you don't like it? And is she the sort of Trekkie that insists on being called a Trekker?

Fire
well trek has some nice idea's, but it has a lot of bad ones either

PadmeSkywalker
Yes she does. She's actually ten years older than me (side note, I have ten older siblings, so our family is interesting. And none of them are step or half). But it's alright for her to like Trek, because all my brothers are into Star Wars, and and one sister calls herself Switzerland all the time when we start the battles. Thanksgiving....that'll be fun! My brother married a Star Trek fan, and he's into to Star Wars, so my sister will have a new member to help her in her battles with me. My poor father...

But I'm going with Fire on this, there were some bad ideas...one I will give Trek, they had Whoopie....you can't hate Whoopie....she's just too good!

Fire
lol

PadmeSkywalker
I think I might go and watch LOTR today.

Dexx
u liked whoopie?

PadmeSkywalker
I love Whoopie....my brother gambled with her in Atalntic City once, he said she was a very charming person.

Ushgarak
Sorry... Switzerland???

Dexx
cheese?...yummy

PadmeSkywalker
Switzerland, is always neutral in wars

Fire
hehe, indeed altho they do try to get rich of it

Dexx
of cheese?

PadmeSkywalker
yes cheese dexx.....remember to "Behold the power of Cheese!"

Fire you have a point they do like getting rich off of war.....we're neutral but we'll take all your money in the process...

PadmeSkywalker
Note to Dexx: Kidding with you in the last reply, I still would like to know where the comment of Cheese orginated from?

Fire
hehe think everyone wants to know that one padme

Ushgarak
As in Swiss Cheese.

And I know Switzerland is always neutral, I just can't imagine anyone volunteering to be it...

Mujaffa
welcome

Corran
Hmm things lurking in shadows, I think I like the sound of that.

Welcome.

PadmeSkywalker
Thanks Corran and Mujaffa.....well you know, I'm pretty scary when I want to be, and I work backstage in the theater so technically I am always in the shadows.....hehe

Corran
The phantom of the opera, hey.

Dexx
ooh..ooh...scare me

Thomas H
welcome

PadmeSkywalker
Thanks Thomas.....you want scary....catch me in a few days and get me into a conversation about Bush....you'll see scary

Julie
Gee Padme, you sound like a very interesting person....maybe I'll PM you sometime.....welcome to the boards anyways...oh and use these alot wink roll eyes (sarcastic) cool big grin

Ushgarak
What's the difference of a few days, Padme?

PadmeSkywalker
Do you really want to know Ush? stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Dear dear dear...

I am afraid, though, that Bush-bashing is becoming the most incredible cliche around here. Only ToMacco seems to like him and he won;t argue any more becausemit is bad for you.

It's very bad for balance, overall.

PadmeSkywalker
well...I said if you wanted to see something scary....or you can ask me about High School politics.....

PadmeSkywalker
Thanks Julie. sorry didn't see a minute ago, yeah you can PM me

Ushgarak
Ooh! Tell me about High-school Politics!

PadmeSkywalker
Hehe, the stupidy...we are electing homecoming court this week....a stupid tradition I must say because you know who is going to win. We have the people that claim themselves as perfect. Every weekend they get themselves so drunk that they wake up in their own mess. Then on Monday they boast about how "cool" it was. When all it shows is the decline of our society. Barely ever do you get a person who can really make a difference in a position of power in High School.

Ushgarak
I don't think that shows decline of society, to be honest. I think you will find that's a pretty static phenomenon, in fact.

PadmeSkywalker
well it happens with 7th graders now....I think every year it gets worse

Ushgarak
Well, we will see how it is like in ten years time, but somehow I suspect only availability will change, rather than the actual human condition.

Hang on, 7th grade... that's like, 13 or so? I think an average 13 year old 100 years ago probably drank more than today.

PadmeSkywalker
I guess...it just worries me I guess what with myself having a neice in 7th grade

Ushgarak
Well, that's only natural... but then I am sure your good influence will ensure all turns out ok!

PadmeSkywalker
Hopefully, she's falling in with a really bad crowd too.

Ushgarak
Well, with any luck she'll learn from it all.

PadmeSkywalker
only problem is, it might be the hard way

yerssot
hey there PS! sorry for the late reply, had some stuff going on

welcome aboard! hope you keep posting!

PadmeSkywalker
thanks yerssot, I will be sure to do so

mah
it's good that we've got a new active member

PadmeSkywalker
thanks mah

Ushgarak
Soon she will be one of us...

mah
muahahaha

yerssot
but I am active!
*looks at PaS*
oh! gotcha *wink wink*

Dexx
well..can we count the active members on our fingers?

yerssot
you're a mutant!

Dexx
x man

yerssot
dirty!

PadmeSkywalker
LOL!

Julie
yup that's yerssot for you...

Captain REX
You'll see a lot of him. He's the most active member out of roughly 20 members.

Captain REX
20 active members that is. The boards definately have more than 20 members.

mah
there's more than 20 semi-active

yerssot
you think she believes that? ha! IF we get to 20 yes

Captain REX
Yes, but fully active there's about 20.

yerssot
are you sure?

Captain REX
Yes, I'm pretty sure. Look at the Top 25 posters and count the ones you see everyday.

yerssot
everyday? that's two or so

Captain REX
Almost everyday then.

You, Ush, me, Finti, Mah, Gundy...and so on.

yerssot
ya know something more about Lance????

keokiswahine
I may not post every day, but I do try to stop by everyday to see what's going on. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue big grin

Captain REX
Yep, that makes you semi-active.

I guess we're all pretty much semi-active though.

Lance should have internet access by now!

PadmeSkywalker
hmm 20, I don't know....everyday?

yerssot
well, I stick my nose here everyday...

PadmeSkywalker
I try to....it gets kind of hard though because I have outside things I have to do other than being online

Ushgarak
Yeah, curse that real life...

yerssot
*whispers*
don't tell I haven't started my homework yet! mom is too busy to notice it now

PadmeSkywalker
lol, I never do mine and somehow I have a 3.7 GPA

Ushgarak
Err... that's good, yeah?

yerssot
got kicked anywayz... had to fake I was doing some schoolstuff
*starts to cry*

PadmeSkywalker
yep

Ushgarak
Ok... I have no idea what that means, see.

PadmeSkywalker
I have no idea either

yerssot
you got a 3.7 GPA and you don't know what it means?

keokiswahine
yersssssssss, better get cracking on your homework.

She's so smart, she doesn't realize it. wink wink wink

On a scale of 4.0 points, you're 3.7; that's what it means in the USA, and that's an A- overall.

4.00 = A = most excellent
3.00 = B = very good
2.00 = C = passing, ok
1.00 = D = not good, failing
0.00 = F = Failed

PadmeSkywalker
Well, I knew it was Grade Point Average and it was based on your A's and other things....but I don't give much thought to it

yerssot
and what about an E? doesn't that exist?

PadmeSkywalker
yeah basically you still failed

Captain REX
The meanings of the letter grades according to people reading their report cards:

A=Amen!
B=Best posible
C=Crap!
D=Damn it!
F=F***! F*** f*** f*** f***!!!

keokiswahine
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud smokin'

Fire
nice one tex

yerssot
some call him rex, though

Corran
most actually.

yerssot
FM apperently not

Corran
He just likes to be different

yerssot
emotionally and intulectually challanged

PadmeSkywalker
LOL, I feel that way about grades.....hehe

keokiswahine
brain functionality challenged, you mean wink big grin roll eyes (sarcastic) smokin'

PadmeSkywalker
I guess you could say that

Corran
I know she can say that, she just did.

mah
he? she

Corran
oops sorry Kay.

yerssot
run! you made her angry now!

Corran
I run from no man, oh wait she's a woman, OK running.

yerssot
too or from?

Corran
Hmmm, got a pic?

yerssot
got milk?

Corran
Nope, but I've got chocolate.

Lara
what has milk got to do w/ any thing?

yerssot
wanna trade?

Corran
pic for chocolate, deal.

yerssot
no no, MILK for chocolate

Corran
No dice.

yerssot
who wants dice?

Ushgarak
Me thinks this thread is all done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.